Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
1-CD + 1-CD-R/RW recorder/changer
Item #: 570XCRW700
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Aiwa XC-RW700
You can't beat the hands-on satisfaction of burning your own CDs. And you gotta love our amazing low price on Aiwa's versatile CD-R dubbing deck. One well plays your source CD while the other records to a blank audio CD-R or CD-RW disc. It's super-easy to make a bit-perfect copy of an entire disc, even in time-saving 2X or 4X dubbing modes. But the real fun is recording your own mix discs a track at a time, either internally (by swapping out the CD in the playback well) or from an external digital or analog audio source.
The play and record wells are independent, with separate analog and digital outputs for each well. It's like getting two CD players in one box! You can even record a CD-R from an external source while you listen to another CD in the playback well. Outstanding CD recording and playback, great build quality this deck rocks!
Note: Component CD recorders let you record to CD-R (write-once recordable CD) discs or CD-RWs (rewritable CDs), for playback in almost all newer home, car and portable CD players and changers. (Check your specific model of CD player for disc compatibility.) Remember: Blank computer CDs are not compatible with audio CD recorders, so be sure to use blank audio discs (the logo on the disc's packaging must include the words "Digital Audio").
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs; records to CD-Rs, CD-RWs
- internal high-speed whole-disc dubbing (2X or 4X)
- sample rate converter
- playback well and record well each have optical and coaxial digital outputs, and an analog output
- record well has 2 (including 1 front-panel) optical digital inputs, a coaxial digital input, and an analog input
- remote control with direct track access
- headphone output with volume control
- CD playback signal-to-noise ratio 105 dB
- 16-15/16"W x 4-7/16"H x 16-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
What's in the Box:
- Dual well CD player/CDR/W dubbing deck
- RC-AAC04 remote control (requires 2-"AA" batteries not supplied)
- 2-54" stereo RCA patchcords
- Toslink dust cap
- Owner's manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Product registration/warranty card
- Correction sheet
Features and Specs
|Direct Track Access||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 YEAR|
|Labor Warranty||1 YEAR|
|CD Frequency Response||2-20kHz Hz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||105 dB|
|SACD Frequency Response||---|
|SACD Dynamic Range||---|
|Analog Record Level Control||Yes|
|Digital Record Level Control||No|
|Record Level Meter||Yes|
|Track Title Entry||No|
|Disc Title Entry||No|
|Recording Signal to Noise Ratio||N/A|
|Recording Dynamic Range||N/A|
|Digital Optical Output||2|
|Digital Coaxial Output||2|
The specifications in the Crutchfield database are for playback mode.
This unit consists of a single CDR recording/playback deck and a single CD Player deck. The decks may be used as a dubbing deck, a dual CD changer, OR each deck may be used independently and simultaneously. For example, you could use an external CD player to dub a CD on the CDR recorder, while the CD Player deck is used to play a CD. Note that as with all other such players you MUST use audio CDRs or CDRWs. CDs or CDRWs which are made for computer use will NOT work. The word Digital Audio will appear on all compatible discs. This unit also uses the SCMS copyright system, so you cannot make a digital copy of a digital copy.
Note: This assumes that the CDR and/or CDRW has been finalized (TOC fixed). Until the disc has been finalized it will only play back on a CDR/W recorder.
- CDRs: CDRs made on this unit will play on almost all newer CD players (home, auto, portables) and on some DVD players.
- CDRWs: CDRWs will not play on most current CD players or on some DVD players. A finalized CDRW will play back on this deck's CD Player well.
- Serial Copy Management System (SCMS): As with all consumer digital recorders this unit uses SCMS which prohibits making a digital copy from a digital copy.
- Normal or high speed (2X or 4X dubbing) (using the unit's two wells): Since this is a digital recording sound quality will not be compromised by using either of the high speed modes. High speed dubbing can only be used when an entire disc or a program is being copied. Only automatic track marking can be used in high speed dubbing. Since high speed dubbing depends on digital copying, when you try to dub a disc protected by SCMS the unit will automatically switch to analog dubbing at normal speed. Normal speed dubbing is used when you are recording a single track, a program or are making an analog copy. The slower the record-dub speed, the more tolerant the unit is of errors on the blank disc. However, with most high-quality blank discs, the 2X and 4X speeds should not present a problem. The display shows the dubbing speed selected in red.
- Dubbing from an external CD player to the unit's CDRW recorder: You can record in digital or in analog mode from an external player (if the disc in the external player is copy-protected you can only record in analog mode). During digital recording, you can select either auto or manual track marking. Track numbers can NOT be changed after recording. During analog recording, you can also select between auto and manual track marking. In auto mode track, numbers are automatically incremented after a silence of at least 3 seconds. You can also select CD-Sync when digitally recording from an external CD player. CD Synch will automatically increment track numbers and will start the recording process automatically when the source CD player starts to play.
- Recording levels: During digital recording levels cannot be adjusted. During analog recording, the level must be set. Manual recording levels can be adjusted using a rotary knob on the front panel.
- Sampling rate converter: This unit has a built-in sampling rate converter that will accept digital inputs from 32kHz to 96kH. This allows you to perform a digital recording from a non-44.1kHz digital source such as a DAT or DBS unit.
- CD-R: No editing of any sort is possible. Recorded time can not be recovered. Tracks cannot be moved, edited, or erased, and cannot be numbered or re-numbered after recording. Since this unit does not have a skip id function it is not possible to skip over mistakes. Once a CD-R has been finalized no further editing and/or recording is possible, even if blank space was available on the disc.
- CD-RW: On a CD-RW disc you can either (1) erase one track at a time from the end only; or (2) erase the entire disc. Erasing the entire disc will takes about a minute. Erasure and finalization is always performed at 4X speed in order to minimize the length of the process.
You can use this CD recorder as two separate units (dual mode) or as a two CD changer. When used in single-play mode, when the disc in one deck has played through to the end the disc in the other deck will automatically begin to play.
- Random: Functions only for one disc (you can not random play between both wells)
- Repeat: You can repeat a track, all discs, program play or select an A and B point for AB repeat.
- Program: You can program up to 20 tracks. A program cannot skip from disc to disc.
- Standard gold-plated headphone output with variable volume knob
- Toslink digital input
- CD gold-plated stereo RCA analog output:
- CDR/W gold-plated stereo RCA analog input and output
- CD gold-plated Coaxial digital output
- CDR/W gold-plated Coaxial digital output and input
- CDR/W Toslink (Optical digital) input and output, each with a plastic cover
- CD Toslink (Optical digital) output with a plastic cover
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.