Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Desktop CD/tape system ( )
Item #: 570XRM200
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Aiwa XR-M200
Good things come in very small packages with Aiwa's XR-M200 ultra-mini system. Loaded up with 80 total watts driving biamped 3-way speakers, you can count on a lot of sound, no matter what your music source.
And when it comes to sources, Aiwa gives you a lot of options. The motorized front panel drops down to reveal a slot for CD. The cassette deck features full-logic controls, and makes it easy to play back or record your music. The AM/FM tuner offers the convenience of 32 station presets. Use the optical digital output for dubbing to a separate MiniDisc recorder.
- CD player with optical digital output
- auto-reverse cassette deck
- 32 AM/FM presets
- wake-up, sleep, and record timers
- 3 EQ presets
- 1 aux input
- 3-position bass boost
- remote control
- biamped 3-way speakers
- 80 watts total (30 x 2 for bass drivers; 10 x 2 for midranges/tweeters)
- component block: 6-7/8"W x 10-1/4"H x 11-3/4"D
- speakers: 6-1/2"W x 10-1/4"H x 9"D
- warranty: 1 year
Get a coupon for a FREE CD case with the purchase of this or any other Aiwa product! Offer good through 12-31-01.
What's in the Box:
- Single electronics block with digital AM/FM tuner
- single CD player and single cassette deck
- two three-way SX-M200 loudspeakers each with two 8' pieces of speaker wire attached (one for low and one for high frequencies)
- RC-AAT11 wireless remote (requires 2 "AA" batteries which are not supplied)
- FM dipole and AM loop antennas
- Instruction manual (English
- Spanish and French)
- Warranty/Registration card
- Self-adhesive label with Aiwa help number
- Main speaker outputs: Two RCA outputs for high frequencies and two spring clip terminals for low frequencies - Note that the supplied speakers are bi-amplified so other speakers should not be substituted for the supplied loudspeakers.
- Optical Digital output (Toslink) with plastic cover
- Antenna connections: Two sets of spring connector terminals each for AM and FM
- Video/Auxiliary inputs: One pair RCA jacks (although this input is labeled Video/Aux it can only accept audio input not a video signal)
- MD input: 1pair RCA jacks
- Line level output: 1 pair RCA jacks
- AC Cord: hardwired, 2 prong, polarized
- Headphone output: Accepts stereo minijack headphone plug
Display: The system has a 16-track music calendar and light blue frequency display. There is a multi-jog dial which is used to select certain menu options and which has green LEDs to show which function is selected.
Motorized Front Panel: The single-tray CD player is located behind a motorized front panel which is opened and closed by a button on the unit
Super T-Bass: Enhances Bass, selectable between 3 levels or off
Equalizer Curves: Three pre-programmed curves; Rock, Pop, Jazz, or off.
Demo Mode: When unit is first powered up it goes into a demo mode which can be turned off.
Clock: This model has a 12 Hour clock with AM/PM or a 24 Hour clock may be selected. There is no power backup for the clock, so it must be reset when AC power is interrupted.
Direct Play: When the power to the system is off, the press of any source button will turn the system on and begin play from that source.
Timer playback or recording: You can select one daily event for wakeup (selected source is played) or recording (Can record from the built-in tuner or Aux component hooked up to the analog input). The playback or record time may be varied from 5-240 minutes in 5 minute increments.
Sleep timer: Can be set from 5-240 minutes in 5 minute increments.
- Motorized front panel: The single CD tray is hidden behind the unit's motorized front panel
- Single Tray Player with AI Recording: When recording from CD to tape, the system will rearrange tracks in order to prevent tracks from being cut off when the tape changes sides (tape length must be programmed into the system)
- The unit we tested will play audio both audio CD-Rs and CD-RWs (the unit's documentation states that it will play these)
- Single well auto-reverse with full logic tape transport
- Will play back type I, II or IV tapes, but can ONLY record type 1 (normal) tapes
- Can select single side, dual side or continuous play modes
- When the tape function is selected a four digit digital counter appears on the display
- 16 FM and 16 AM presets
- Manual or auto (seek) tuning
- Can select Mono or stereo FM
- Presets may be directly selected from the remote
- Tuner steps are .05MHz for FM, and 9kHz or 10kHz for AM
- Three way design
- Impedance: 6 Ohm for the subwoofer; 16 ohm for the high frequency drivers
- Speaker wire comes directly out of the speaker, and is 8' long with bare ends on the wires for the subwoofer section and 8' wire terminating in a male RCA jack for the mid/high section
- Removable grille. There is a large port opening behind the cloth grille of the speakers which vents the subwoofer.
- Video Shielded
- The enclosures are covered by a dark brown wood-grain vinyl
- Mid-High frequency : 8 watts x 2 at 16 Ohms (200hz to 20,000hz, < 1% THD) or 10W x 2 at 16 Ohms ( 1 kHz, < 10% THD)
- Low frequency: 25 watts x 2 at 6 Ohms (35- 200hz, <1% THD) or 30W x 2 at 6 Ohms ( 75 Hz, < 10% THD)
Note: The speakers are bi-amplified; the electronics block contains 4 amplifiers; two for the mid-highs and two for the "subwoofers". Because of this and the fact that the higher frequency drivers are 16 ohms the speakers should only be used with this unit and other loudspeakers are not recommended for use with this system.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.