Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Rockford Fosgate Power 1000bd
500W x 1 Mono Subwoofer Amplifier
Item # 5751000BD | MFR # 1000BD
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Rockford Fosgate Power 1000bd by Crutchfield's Robert Ferency-Viars
Here's an amp that's got only one thing on its mind bass. Rockford Fosgate built the Power 1000bd to produce up to 1000 watts (into 2 ohms) of reality-warping, life-changing power! Designed with Rockford Fosgate's patented Class bd technology, this compact unit weighs in with an amazing 75% efficiency rating that means you get less heat and more pure power. Even under stressful loads, it will stay cool and maintain rock-solid power flow, minimizing distortion.
The variable low-pass crossover (50-250 Hz at 24 dB per octave) allows you to adjust the bass for your vehicle's acoustics. The wired remote gives you front seat control of your bass impact, with up to 18 dB of Punch Bass at 45 Hz.
The unregulated power supply and 2-ohm compatibility put awesome power at your command. Hook up a single 4-ohm sub for 500 watts, a pair of 4-ohm woofers for 1000 watts, or (how's this sound?) four 8-ohm speakers jamming on 1000 watts the possibilities are endless. And, though this amp takes up much less space than most high-powered amps, you can take off the end caps for an even smaller installation profile.Details:
- Class bd technology
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 1000 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- requires 4-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground connectors
- 100-amp fuse and fuse holder required (not included)
- selectable 50-250 Hz variable low-pass crossover, 24 dB/octave
- MEHSA mounting technology increases the heat transfer from the MOSFET output devices to the heat sink, for higher power output, lower operating temperatures, and greater reliability.
- TOPAZ noise-killing differential inputs eliminate 80% of ground loop noise between the head unit and the amp.
- NOMAD advanced protection circuitry monitors temperature, voltage, current and impedance, and provides "intelligent" shut-down protection without limiting system performance.
- preamp outputs for easy connection to a second amplifier
- wired remote control of Punch Bass (0-18 dB centered at 45 Hz) gives you fingertip control of your bass impact
- POWERsync a 6-pin mini-DIN connector that allows you to bridge together two separate Rockford Fosgate Class bd amps
- subsonic filter removes frequencies below the range of human hearing for increased efficiency
- dimensions: 14-7/16"W (10-7/8" without endcaps) x 2-7/16"H x 9-7/8"D
- 3-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- Mono channel amplifier
- RF Center badge
- Remote Punch Bass control
- 15' Remote Punch Bass cable
- Remote Punch Bass mounting bracket
- Two 3/8" self-tapping screws
- Self-adhesive Remote Punch Bass control decal
- Remote Punch Bass control knob
- Four 3/4" self-tapping screws
- One 9/64" Allen wrench
- One 3/32" Allen wrench
- One 1/8" Allen wrench
- Five 3/32" set screws
- Two 1/8" set screws
- Operation & Installation Manual
- Punch Verification Certificate
- "Team RF" sticker
STARDUST Class BD Design (Single-Terminal Alternating Rail DUal Sampling Topology): STARDUST Class bd design offers high efficiency with a very stable output.
Cast Aluminum Heatsink: The cast aluminum heatsink dissipates heat generated by the amplifier's circuitry. The inherent advantage of casting provides a 30% improvement of cooling over conventional extrusion heatsink designs.
TOPAZ (Tracking Operation Pre-Amplifier Zone): TOPAZ is a circuit that simply eliminates noise. The TOPAZ circuit allows the amplifier ground to move with the source unit ground, creating a "noise elimination" zone just before the preamp section. If there is any noise in the ground coming down the RCA line to the amplifier, TOPAZ amazingly tracks it down and eliminates it. The result is a 30-40dB improvement of the isolation between input ground and chassis ground.
DSM (Discrete Surface Mount): In the manufacturing process high speed robotics are used to place 0% tolerance resistors and large board traces providing greater reliability and efficiency.
Internal Crossover: The internal low-pass crossover is a 24dB/octave Butterworth filter with a crossover point variable from 50Hz to 250Hz.
Subsonic Filter: A high-pass filter designed to prevent frequencies below the audio range from being applied to the subwoofer from the amplifier. Consequently, improving subwoofer performance and power handling.
POWERsync: This feature allows this amplifier's power to be joined with the power of another Class bd amplifier using a bd Sync cable (not supplied). Once joined together, you can power a single woofer using both amplifiers.
Remote Punch Bass: The Punch Bass helps correct for acoustical deficiencies in the listening environment by helping reproduce full range sound without adding excessive boost. The Punch Bass control has a narrow band adjustment centered at 45Hz, variable from 0dB to +18dB. Using the mounting bracket, the supplied Punch Bass wired remote can be mounted in any convenient location under your vehicle's dash. The wired remote is 2.317" wide, 1.523" tall and 2.035" deep.
RCA Pass-Thru Jacks: The pass-thru jacks provide a convenient source for daisy-chaining an additional amplifier without running an extra set of RCA cables from the front of the vehicle to the amplifier location. The pass-thru jacks output a full signal.
RF Center Badge: For installation flexibility, the RF center badge can be rotated 180 degrees. The LED power indicator is located under this badge and is visible through it when power is applied to the amp.
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- Subsonic Filter Switch: allows you to turn the subsonic filter On or Off
- Crossover Frequency: the crossover frequency control is variable from 50Hz to 250Hz
- Gain: this variable gain control allows you to adjust the output level of the amplifier
- Phase Switch: allows you to select 0 or 180 degrees
- Protect LED: glows red when the amplifier is in protect mode
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- Input: gold-plated RCA jacks
- Pass-Thru: gold-plated RCA jacks
- Remote Punch Bass: RJ-45 jack for use with supplied Remote Punch Bass wired remote
Right Side Of Amplifier:
- Speakers: gold-plated set screw terminals that will accept up to 8 gauge speaker wire
- GND: gold-plated set screw terminal that will accept up to 4 gauge ground wire
- B+: gold-plated set screw terminal that will accept up to 4 gauge power wire
- REM: gold-plated 0.250" quick-slide for remote turn-on lead. Note: A female quick-slide is not supplied.
- BD Sync: 6-pin mini-DIN connector. Used to POWERsync this amplifier with another Class bd amplifier. Note: The bd Sync cable is not supplied.
Wiring Recommendations: This amplifier requires 100-amp fuse protection, so its fuse rating exceeds that of typical 4 gauge wiring kits, which tend to include a 60-amp fuse. To protect the amplifier and power cable, we recommend placing a 100 amp fuse and fuse holder near the battery and another fuse and fuse holder near the amplifier. For 100-amp fuse protection, an ANL wafer style fuse is required, but none of the 4-gauge wiring kits include a ANL-style fuse holder. Since pre-packaged amplifier wiring kits cannot be used alone, you may purchase all the necessary items separately, or you may use a pre-packaged 4 gauge wiring kit along with two ANL-style fuse holders and two 100-amp ANL wafer fuses. If you do not use a wiring kit with the necessary additional items, the separate parts and wiring needed to install this amplifier are as follows:
- 2 ANL wafer-style fuse holders capable of accepting 4 gauge wire
- Two 100-amp ANL wafer fuses
- 2 power rings for 4 gauge cable
- 4 gauge power cable (to connect the battery to a fuse holder and the fuse holder to the amplifier)
- 4 gauge ground cable
- Remote turn-on cable (speaker wire can be used as remote turn-on cable)
- 1 stereo RCA patch cables
- Speaker wire
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.