Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Rockford Fosgate Prime R1L-1X10
Sealed enclosure with one 10" Prime subwoofer
Our take on the Rockford Fosgate Prime R1L-1X10 by Crutchfield's Dominic DeVito
Rockford Fosgate's Prime loaded sub enclosures let you put big bass in your car without taking a big hit to your bank account. These tough-as-nails sealed boxes feature 5/8"-thick medium-density fiberboard construction and heavy-duty black carpeting for protection. And Rockford Fosgate used their Loudspeaker Enclosure Analysis Program to create an enclosure that'll draw every ounce of bass out of its sub.
The R1L-1X10 sealed loaded enclosure comes with one Prime 10" sub and is wired for 4-ohm impedance. The sub handles 150 watts and features a polypropylene cone and butyl rubber surround for accurate bass that just won't quit.
Very nice sub! Hits really good and loud in my FD Rx7, paired it with the sound ordnance m-1350 mono channel amp and its perfect! I listen to a lot of rap and hiphop and this thing is perfect. Hits hard but not overbearing, awesome!
Austin R, Yuma, AZ
What's in the Box:
- Sealed enclosure with loaded 10" woofer
- sealed hatchback-style enclosure with one 10" Prime subwoofer
- 5/8" medium density fiberboard construction covered with black carpet
- 4-ohm total impedance
- power handling: 50-150 watts RMS (300 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 28-200 Hz
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- 16"W x 12-1/16"H x 12-1/4"D1 x 7-1/8"D2
- warranty: 1 year (woofer only)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Rockford Fosgate Prime R1L-1X10 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||7-1/8|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Frequency Response||28-200 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||150|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year (woofer only)|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year (woofer only)|
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate R1L-1X10 Single Prime 10" 150 watt loaded enclosure features high current binding posts, 5/8" MDF construction, and is finished with high density carpet. The R1L-1X10 produces accurate, loud, and punchy bass.
Enclosure: The Rockford Fosgate Prime R1L-1X10 features a sealed enclosure constructed of 5/8" MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard). The enclosure is covered with high density black carpeting. The sealed enclosure features high current compression terminals on the left side of the box (when facing the woofer). The enclosure's terminals will accommodate up to 12 gauge speaker wire and present a 4-ohm load to your amplifier.
Woofer: The R1L-1X10 has a single Rockford Fosgate Prime R1S410 woofer. The R1S410 is a 10-inch, 4-ohm single voice coil subwoofer. It features a solid stamped steel frame, quick-release compression terminals, and a Parabolic polypropylene cone. The Prime R1S410 subwoofer is optimized for sealed enclosures.
- Parabolic Polypropylene Cone Design: The Parabolic Polypropylene cone design results in solid bass reproduction.
- Aluminum Voice Coils: The Rockford Fosgate Prime subwoofer uses anodized aluminum voice coil formers that provide excellent heat dissipation. The woofer's aluminum voice coils keep the speaker running cool, even under demanding conditions. Unlike traditional plastic substitutions, aluminum acts like a heat-sink to quickly dissipate thermal build-up on the voice coil. This keeps subwoofers cool during high SPL conditions.
- Stamped Steel Basket: The R1S410 subwoofer features a stamped steel basket for added rigidity.
- Compression Terminals: The Prime R1S410 features spring post terminals which accommodate up to 12 AWG speaker wire.
- CEA-2031 Compliant: Power handling on the Rockford Fosgate Prime R1S410 subwoofer conforms to CEA-2031 industry standards. This means the subwoofer has the capacity to handle power under continuous demand, not instantaneous power handling, that over time, can damage voice coils.
Manual: No paperwork is included in the box, but the manual is available on Rockford Fosgate's web site.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.