Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Rockford Fosgate Prime R300-4
4-channel car amplifier 50 watts RMS x 4
Our take on the Rockford Fosgate Prime R300-4 by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Now you can get Rockford Fosgate performance at value prices. Prime Series amplifiers bring out your music's subtle details as they drive your speakers with the clean power you need to overcome road noise and fill your car with sound.
Rockford Fosgate designed Prime amps to deliver Power Output Without Excessive Regulation (POWER), which means they'll respond quickly to the peak demands that you may throw at your system. Your driver's seat will become your favorite place for listening when you add the clarity and impact of a Rockford Fosgate amp.
The R300-4 4-channel amp puts out 50 watts RMS per channel to your speaker system, or you can bridge it to supply 150 watts RMS to a pair of speakers or subs in 2-channel mode. High- and low-pass filters and Rockford Fosgate's famous Punch bass boost let you tune your speakers for maximum performance.
Installed in my 60 VW bus to drive 6x9's and 6.5's... Works great.... Sounds Great...
C-Rad, Sacramento, Ca
What's in the Box:
- Four-channel amplifier with two 25-amp fuses installed in chassis
- 2 Additional 25-amp fuses
- 4 Mounting screws
- 4 Flat washers
- Installation/Operation Manual (Eng/Spa/Fre)
- Amplifier Verification Certificate
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 150 watts RMS x 2 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- high-pass filter (80 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- selectable bass boost (0, 6, 12 dB at 45 Hz)
- Class-AB amplifier design
- MOSFET power and output stages
- frequency response: 20-20K Hz
- two sets of preamp inputs
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 25A x 2
- 7-3/4"W x 2-1/2"H x 17-13/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Rockford Fosgate Prime R300-4 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
50 x 4
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||150 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||70 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/octave Butterworth|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||80Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/octave Butterworth|
|Bass Boost||0, 6, 12dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate R300-4 Prime 300 watt 4-channel amplifier is designed to power a set of full-range or component speakers in 4-channel mode, two subwoofers in bridged 2-channel mode, or two full-range speakers and a single subwoofer in tri-way mode.
CEA 2006 Compliant: The Rockford Fosgate R300-4 Prime's power ratings are measured according to the strict standards dictated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the rated power output of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even if they come from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging.
- 4-Channel (4-Ohm): 50 watts RMS x 4-channel in 4-ohms @ 20-20,000Hz with 1% THD
- 4-Channel (2-Ohm): 75 watts RMS x 4-channel in 2-ohms @ 20-20,000Hz with 1% THD
- 2-Channel Bridged (4-Ohm): 150 watts RMS x 2-channel in 4-ohms @ 20-20,000Hz with 1% THD
- Tri-Way Mode: 50 watts RMS x 2-channel in 4-ohms @ 20-20,000Hz with 1% THD + 150 watts RMS x 1-channel in 4-ohms @ 20-20,000Hz with 1% THD
MOSFET Power: The Rockford R300-4 is equipped with a MOSFET power supply and output stage for good sound, efficiency and dependability.
LED Indicators: The Rockford Fosgate amplifier is equipped with two side-mounted LED indicators:
- Power LED: This LED illuminates green when the unit is turned on.
- Protect LED: This LED illuminates red if a short circuit or too low an impedance is detected at the speaker connections. The amplifier will automatically shut down if this occurs.
Mounting: The amplifier can be mounted vertically or horizontally using the supplied mounting screws. The amplifier should never be mounted upside down or in an engine compartment (this will void your warranty).
Gain Control: The amplifier's gain control is preset to match the output of most source units. The gain control can be adjusted from 150mV to 8V.
Crossovers: The amplifier features an independent Crossover Switch for the front and rear channels which allow you to select Full-Range, High-Pass, or Low-Pass:
- Full-Range: The full-range setting allows all frequencies (20-20kHz) to pass through the amplifier from your connected headunit to your connected speakers.
- High-Pass: The high-pass setting is fixed and allows only frequencies above 80Hz to pass through the amplifier to your speakers.
- Low-Pass: The low-pass setting is variable and allows only frequencies below 50-250Hz to pass through the amplifier to your speakers.
Punch Bass: The amplifier features an independent Punch Bass (Bass Boost) for the front and rear channels. The Punch Bass can be set to 0, 6, or 12dB at a fixed 45Hz.
Power Terminals: The power and ground terminals are nickel-plated screw terminals and will accommodate up to 4 AWG power/ground wire (up to 1/2" spade or ring-style connector).
Remote Turn-On Terminal: The remote turn-on terminal is a nickel-plated screw terminal that will accommodate up to an 8 AWG wire (up 3/8" spade or ring-style connector). This terminal is used to remotely turn-on and turn-off the amplifier when +12V DC is applied, when connected to your headunit's remote turn-on lead.
Speaker Terminals: The eight speaker terminals (left +/- and right +/-) are heavy duty, nickel-plated screw-terminals what will accommodate up to 8 AWG speaker wire (up to 3/8" spade or ring-style connectors).
RCA Input Jacks: The industry standard RCA jacks (2-pair) provide an easy connection for signal level input. They are nickel-plated to resist signal degradation caused by corrosion.
Fuse: The amplifier is equipped with two installed 25-amp ATO fuses. The amplifier also comes supplied with two spare 25-amp fuses.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.