Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Rockford Fosgate RFX9210G
CD/MP3 Receiver with CD Changer Controls
Our take on the Rockford Fosgate RFX9210G
You spend a lot of time in your car, so why pick an in-dash receiver that gives you a hard time? Rockford Fosgate designed the state-of-the-art RFX9210G CD/MP3 receiver for ease of use its user-friendly, retro-styled control panel (with rotary knob and multi-function buttons) gives you instant access to a wide variety of powerful features.
The RFX9210G will play prerecorded CDs and finalized audio CD-Rs/CD-RWs, and has built-in controls for Rockford Fosgate's 8-disc CD changer. If you download 'Net music, this receiver will also play MP3-encoded CD-Rs/CD-RWs you can name your folders and files, and navigate through them just as you would on your PC.
You can also name up to 100 discs and radio stations, using up to 10 characters. And the auxiliary input allows you to hook up an external source, like a MiniDisc portable, DVD player, video game, or even a satellite radio tuner!
The preamp section won't clip even with the volume control pegged, so your outboard amps always get a clean signal from the three sets of low-impedance 5-volt preamp outputs. The sub output features an independent level control and a built-in 80 Hz low-pass crossover. The copper-plated chassis (a feature usually found in top-of-the-line competition head units) shields the receiver from noise generated by your car's electrical system. A wireless remote control is included.Details:
- motorized fold-down detachable face
- multi-color display
- granite gray faceplate
- copper-plated chassis
- 3 sets of 5-volt preamp outputs
- 20 FM/10 AM presets with seek tuning
- selectable US/European tuning
- source tone memory
- plays standard prerecorded CDs, audio CD-Rs and CD-RWs (including discs recorded on a MacIntosh)
- plays MP3-encoded CD-Rs and CD-RWs (will not play MP3 discs recorded on a Mac)
- will display folder/file names on MP3-encoded discs Joliet file names recommended (will scroll up to 32 letters in track name)
- CD changer controls
- 100 station/disc titling
- auxiliary input
- cell phone mute
- wireless remote
- 13 watts RMS/40 watts peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 90 dB
- FM sensitivity 10 dBf
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- AM/FM/CD/Changer controller receiver
- Hard plastic face case
- Soft cloth face case
- Trim ring
- Power wiring harness (has an in-line 1-amp fuse and an in-line noise suppressor with a 10-amp fuse)
- Preamp output/aux input wiring harness
- Wireless remote
- CR2025 lithium battery
- 2 Sleeve retaining clips
- 2 Release keys
- 1 Back strap
- 1 Threaded rear support stud
- 2 ISO mount screws
- 1 Bolt
- 2 Nuts
- 2 Lock washers
- 1 Machine screw
- Installation & Operation manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Installation & Operation manual (German/Italian)
- Silica gel packet
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power Output||13 watts|
|Peak Output||40 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Preamp Voltage||5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Red|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||10 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Mounting Angles: This unit may be installed at any angle between 20-degrees above horizontal and 20-degrees below horizontal.
Copper Plated Chassis: The chassis is plated in copper to help shield the unit from noise.
Motorized Faceplate: The faceplate on this unit shifts downward and outward to insert/eject CDs.
Contrast Adjustment: The display contrast may be adjusted from -5 to +40 for optimum readability.
Display Dimming: When the dimmer wire of this unit is connected to the headlamp circuit of your vehicle, and you turn your lights on, the display will dim to a preset level. The display brightness is not affected by the vehicle's dimmer control.
Source Tone Memory: Individual bass and treble settings are memorized for the tuner, built-in CD player, CD changer (when connected), and auxiliary source (when connected).
Punch Loudness Boost: This function boosts the bass and treble response at all volume levels.
Source Title Memory: Titles, up to 10 characters long, can be stored and recalled from memory for up to 100 (total) AM/FM stations and CDs. CDs played in this unit and in a connected optional changer can be named. In addition, you can name a connected auxiliary source.
MP3 File Playback: This unit can play MP3 files (32kbps to 320kbps) on CD-R and CD-RW discs. The following functions are available during MP3 playback:
- Direct Title Search: scrolling through the names of the files, you can directly access the file you want
- Direct File Access: using the radio preset buttons, you can directly access files
- File Skip: allows you to skip to the next or previous file
- File Search: this function allows you to perform fast forward or reverse search within a file. Note: During File Search, the playing time is not displayed and there is no sound.
- Random Play: allows you to play the files in random order
- Repeat Play: allows you to repeat the current file
- Intro Scan: allows you to play the first 10 seconds of each file on a disc
- Last Position Memory: if the unit is shut off or switched to the tuner mode while an MP3 CD is playing, the next time CD is selected as the source, playback will resume from the point where it left off
Summed Preamp Outputs: In addition to the front and rear preamp outputs, this unit has a set of summed preamp outputs. The summed outputs provide a summed left-plus-right mono output through two female RCA connections. The summed output is meant for connecting a subwoofer amplifier. The outputs have a selectable low-pass filter, allowing you to choose 80Hz or full-range operation.
Auxiliary Input: A set of female RCA jacks is provided to allow the connection of a portable audio source. Just connect your portable cassette, MD or MP3 player to this unit, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system. The Aux input level is adjustable and can be set to -6, 0, or +6. The jacks are located on the 10" long preamp input and output wiring harness, which connects to the back of the unit.
Compatibility: This unit will control Rockford Fosgate's RFX8810 8-disc CD changer. This unit is not compatible with Rockford Fosgate's RFX8601 6-disc CD changer.
Changer Controls: In addition to basic disc navigation features, this unit has the following changer controls: direct disc access, direct track access, track intro scan, track repeat, disc random, and all disc random.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.