Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Rockford Fosgate RFXMR5BB
Wired marine remote control for the RFX3000 hide-away marine receiver
Item # 575RFXMR5B | MFR # RFXMR5BB
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Rockford Fosgate RFXMR5BB by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
You'll need this RFXMR5BB wired remote to control Rockford Fosgate's RFX3000 marine receiver. The large buttons make it easy to access receiver functions, while the remote's 3-line LCD screen lets you keep tabs on the source and music you're listening to. The remote controls all functions of your Rockford Fosgate receiver, including power, source select, volume, track up/down, radio presets, and mute.
Important Note: This remote's attached cable is 6-1/2 feet long so, in some cases, you'll need an extension cable to install it.
What's in the Box:
- Marine wired remote control (with attached 6.5' cable terminated by a proprietary 5-pin connector)
- Trim ring
- Rubber gasket
- 6 Mounting screws
- controls the Rockford Fosgate RFX3000 hide-away marine receiver
- controls your iPod and other peripherals connected to the receiver
- water-resistant housing with 3-line display
- 75" cable, trim panel, and rubber gasket included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Rockford Fosgate RFXMR5BB Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Marine Wired Remote: The RFXMR5BB is a marine wired remote controller for Rockford Fosgate's hide-away AM/FM digital media receivers - RFX3000, RFX4000-SX, and RFX6000-SX. This wired marine controller features a water resistant 3-line LCD & has easy access push buttons.
3-Line LCD: The 3-line LCD briefly shows the volume when it's changed, and can be set to show the time of day or source information; chapter/track, elapsed time, song title (for iPod and CDs with CD Text), band (AM/FM), frequency, and preset number.
Backlit Controls: The RFXMR5BB has backlit capacitive touch-panel buttons with the following functions:
- Power: powers On & Off unit
- Mode (source: select USB, Aux, iPod, AM/FM, Sirius (optional tuner required),
- Display: select between song/artist title, elapsed playing time, or AM/FM station
- Menu: dimmer setting (25% or 100%)
- Select (audio control): bass, treble, balance, fade control
- A/PS: Auto store presets
- Band: select between FM 1/2/3 and AM 1/2
- Scan: scan first 10 seconds of each track or 5 seconds of each AM/FM station
- Repeat: repeat a specific track or all tracks
- Random: shuffle all tracks or tracks within a specific folder
- Next/Previous Track: skip to next or previous track
- Volume Up/Down: increases or decreases overall volume
- 1-6: Presets 1 through 6
Connections: The RFXMR5BB is fitted with an attached 6.5" cable terminated by a proprietary 5-pin connector which plugs into the wired remote input on the Rockford Fosgate hide-away receiver.
Mounting: The RFXMR5BB marine wired remote controller is designed to be flush-mounted; using the included rubber gasket, trim ring, and mounting screws.
- Overall: Width = 6.545", Height = 3.855", Depth = 1.175"
- Cut Out: Width = 5.805", Height = 3.055", Depth = 0.75"
- Trim Ring: Width = 6.705", Height = 3.985", Depth = 0.4375"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
We have not received any answers from other customers on your question. I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They should be able to help answer your question. [ Krissy Aug 30, 2014 ] Staff