Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Rockford Fosgate RP1732
Dual Amp 4-Gauge Power & Interconnect Kit ( )
Our take on the Rockford Fosgate RP1732
Rockford Fosgate's Connecting Punch RP1732 power and interconnect wiring kit gives you everything you need to connect power and signal to two amplifiers. Ideal for systems that produce between 350 and 800 watts of power.
For your dual-amp system, the RP1732 kit includes:
- two 5-meter (16.4-foot) purple Stealth patch cables
- 17 feet of 4-gauge translucent red power cable
- 3 feet of 4-gauge translucent ground cable
- 6 feet of 8-gauge translucent red power cable
- 6 feet of 8-gauge translucent ground cable
- 38 feet of 16-gauge speaker wire
- platinum-plated fuse holder with 60-amp AGU fuse
- platinum-plated fused distribution block with 30-amp fuse
- platinum-plated ground distribution block
- 2 platinum-plated ring terminals
- 17 feet of 18-gauge tinned silver turn-on lead
- 16 spade lugs
- 16 female disconnects
- wire ties
- protective grommet
What's in the Box:
- One 17 foot length of 4 gauge power cable with translucent red insulation (both ends are bare wire)
- One 3 foot length of 4 gauge ground cable with clear insulation (both ends are bare wire)
- One 6 foot length of 8 gauge power cable with translucent red insulation (both ends are bare wire)
- One 6 foot length of 8 gauge ground cable with clear insulation (both ends are bare wire)
- One 17 foot length of 18 gauge cable with clear insulation (both ends are bare wire)
- One 40 foot length of 16 gauge speaker wire with clear insulation
- Two 16 foot RCA patch cords
- 1 In-line fuse holder with one 60 amp AGU fuse and mounting bracket
- 1 Dual fused power distribution block with two 30 amp AGU fuses
- 1 Ground distribution block
- 10 Plastic wire ties
- 1 Plastic grommet for 4 gauge wire
- 2 Crimp-on ring terminals with rubber insulators (one red/one black) for 4 gauge wire
- 4 Spade terminals with rubber insulators (two red/two black) for 16 gauge speaker wire
- 1 Spade terminal with red insulator for 18 gauge wire (remote turn on)
- Four 0.268" female quick slide terminals
- 1 Butt connector
General Overview: This is a complete dual amplifier wiring kit that includes the cabling and accessories required to install two amplifiers. Speaker wire is included.
In-line Fuse Holder: The included in-line fuse holder is waterproof and comes with a 60 amp AGU type fuse. The holder has setscrew input and output connections, both of which will accept 4 gauge wire. The setscrews require a 4mm allen wrench (not included). The fuse holder is 3.212" wide and 0.974" in diameter. It's plastic mounting bracket is 0.826" wide and 1.530 deep, and it has two mounting holes (mounting screws not included). When the holder and bracket are mounted, the overall height of the fuse holder and bracket is 1.195".
Fuse/Distribution block: The distribution block has a setscrew input for the 4 gauge wire; a 4mm allen wrench (not included) is required for the setscrew. It holds two AGU fuses (two 30 amp fuses included) and has two set screw outputs for 8 gauge wire; a 3mm allen wrench (not included) is required for the setscrews. The block measures 4.963" long, 2.191" wide and 1.337" tall, and it has two screw holes for mounting (screws not included). Also, there are two extra set screw terminals for 4 gauge wire at the input end of the distribution block; these can be used as non fused outputs, to power another component, or they can be used to connect the main power cable from a different direction.
Power/Ground Cables: The 4 and 8 gauge power cables are covered with translucent red insulation. The 4 and 8 gauge ground cables are covered with clear insulation.
Interconnect cable: The stereo RCA interconnect cables included in this kit are 16 foot Stealth series twisted pair cables. The cables are purple and black, and they have gold-plated RCA connectors on each end.
Ground Distribution Block: The ground distribution block has four setscrew inputs for 8 gauge wire and one set screw output for 4 gauge wire; a 3mm allen wrench (not included) is required for the setscrews. This distribution block is not fused. The block measures 2.538" long, 1.912" wide and 1.120" tall, and it has two screw holes for mounting (screws not included).
Speaker/Remote turn on wire: The speaker wire is 16 gauge, and the remote turn on wire is 18 gauge. Both type of wire are covered with clear insulation.
Crimp-on Terminals Dimensions:
- Power ring terminal: the ring terminal is 0.684" wide; the inner diameter of ring is 0.418"
- Ground ring terminal: the ring terminal is 0.684" wide; the inner diameter of ring is 0.258"
- Spade terminals: the spade terminals are 0.278" wide, with a 0.175" prong spacing
- Quick slide terminals: the female quick slide connectors fit 0.268" wide terminals
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.