Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
USA SPEC Honda iPod® Interface
Connects your iPod to select 2003-up Honda/Acura factory radios
Our take on the USA SPEC Honda iPod® Interface by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
You can take it with you. Just because you have a factory radio in your Honda, doesn't mean you have to leave your iPod at home. Just install USA SPEC's Honda PA11 iPod interface it lets you listen to your iPod tunes through your car's speakers, and to control song and playlist selections right from your radio.
Just mount the compact interface box in a hidden location in your vehicle, and connect the included adapter cable to the CD changer input on your compatible 2003-up Honda/Acura factory radio. Plug your iPod into the interface and you can control and charge your iPod while you drive.
The PA11 adapter features two different playlist options: create up to five mobile playlists and use the vehicle's CD changer controls to access them, or use the "Direct" mode to select your playlist with the iPod's controls. Either way, you'll always have full control of all iPod functions, including random or shuffle play. The interface also provides an additional auxiliary input so you can connect other devices as well.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this adapter is compatible with your vehicle. The iPod interface uses the CD changer port, so any existing changer that you have must be disconnected.
Compatibility Note: Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
Great product if you are looking for an inexpensive alternative to wireless transmitters. Still not as efficient as an ipod equipped stereo due to the inability to see the song title, playlist name, etc. on the stereo, but the sound quality is excellent.
Philip, Wylie, TX
What's in the Box:
- iPod to Honda interface
- 47" CB-PA14 iPod to interface cable
- 45" CAS-H2Y Radio-interface cable
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- Owner's manual
- Warranty registration card
- Note about ordering an iPod extension cable
- iPod connection adapter for select 2003-up Honda factory stereos
- manage the iPod via your radio's CD changer controls
- adjust volume, track up/down, fast-forward/reverse
- use up to five playlists (select five favorites, or Auto Playlist will let you choose from the first five on your iPod)
- Direct Mode lets you control everything via the iPod itself, giving you access to all playlists (requires a DIP switch change on the USA SPEC adapter)
- additional auxiliary input
- auto memory locates last song accessed on each playlist
- compatible with all iPod and iPod mini models equipped with a dock connector and iPod software update 2004-04-28, or higher
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
USA SPEC Honda iPod® Interface Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Adapter Type||iPod audio in w/ iPod control|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: This adapter allows an iPod with a dock connector to be connected to and controlled by the factory radio in select Honda and Acura vehicles. You can also add an additional auxiliary source to the RCA line input. Please check the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
iPod Compatibility: The interface is compatible with the following generation 3 and later iPod models.
- iPod Photo (4th generation)
- iPod Video (5th generation)
- iPod U2
- iPod mini
- iPod nano (1st/2nd/3rd/4th generation)
- iPod classic (80/120/160GB)
- iPod touch (1st/2nd generation)
- iPhone and iPhone 3G
Note: The iPod classic, touch, nano 3rd generation and iPhone will not function when the interface is in Hybrid mode due to software changes in the newer iPods. In addition, this interface requires an optional cable (item # 581CBP85) to charge the iPod nano 4th generation, iPod touch 2nd generation, or the iPhone 3G.
Control Modes: The iPod interface adapter features the following control modes.
- Playlist Mode: You can create up to 5 favorite mobile playlist then use your radio's CD changer controls to access and control your playlist.
- Direct Mode: Gives you complete control of your iPod while it is connected to the factory radio. Your iPod is not locked out while connected to the radio and you are able to manually access your complete iPod content. The Radio still can adjust song up/down random or shuffle play but you can manually control your iPod and select any playlist, genre or Artist of your choice.
- Hybrid Mode: Combines features of Direct Mode and Playlist Mode. You can create and access your favorite mobile playlist or directly access all your iPod content manually on your iPod. Your iPod displays song title information and iPod is not locked, so the iPod can be operated manually at all times.
Playlist Names: In order for the adapter/factory radio to recognize a playlist, it must be named HONDA1... through HONDA5... Text can follow the Honda name and number, such as HONDA3_artistname or HONDA2-jazz. For a given disc slot (1-5), if there is no playlist named HONDA followed by that number, that disc slot will play the first available playlist on the iPod (the second blank slot will play the second available playlist, etc).
Auxiliary Input: In addition to the iPod input on the PA11-HON2 there is an auxiliary input (RCA) for use with another source, such as a DVD system, satellite radio, etc. The aux input is accessed at disc 6 track 1 using the factory radio controls. This aux input can be used with or without the iPod connected. When using the aux input the in the Playlist mode, the Play All command is moved to the Disc 5 slot and the HONDA5 custom playlist is lost.
Controls: Use the Radio's Disc Select controls to access the 5 custom mobile playlists, the Play All mode, and the auxiliary input. Track select, forward and backward, works just like on a CD. Other commands include shuffle play, scan (plays first 10 seconds of each track), Fast Track Search (skips forward or backward 10 tracks), and Fast Forward/Fast Reverse within a song (available in shuffle mode only).
Battery Charge: The PA11-HON2 charges the iPod battery when connected. Charging stops after 1 hour of non use to prevent draining the vehicle's battery.
CD Changer Port: The adapter uses the factory radio's CD Changer port so if the vehicle has an existing outboard CD Changer it must be disconnected.
Display: The Honda/Acura radio will not display text from the iPod; artist, song title, album, etc. Only the disc and track numbers are displayed.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.