Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
USA Spec iPod® Interface
Connects your iPod to select Nissan/Infiniti factory radios
Our take on the USA Spec iPod® Interface by Crutchfield's Tim Sprinkle
You can take it with you. Just because you've got a factory radio in your Nissan or Infiniti, doesn't mean you have to leave your iPod (and the hours and hours of music it contains) at home. Just install USA SPEC's iPod interface it not only allows you to listen to all your favorite tunes through your car's speakers, it even lets you control song and playlist selections right from your radio.
Just mount the compact interface box in a hidden location in your vehicle, and connect the adapter cable to the CD changer input on your compatible Nissan or Infiniti factory radio. Plug your iPod into the interface you can control volume, source, song selection, and up to five different play lists right from the radio. And the interface charges your iPod while it's connected. You even get an auxiliary input for connecting an add-on satellite radio, DVD player, or other external source.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this adapter is compatible with your vehicle. As the iPod interface uses the CD changer port, any existing changer that you have must be disconnected.
Compatibility Note: Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
Easy to install and easy to use- wish I would have done this a long time ago!! Best option for keeping the factory stereo in and getting an iPod/iPhone player and charger.
Mark, Lincoln, NE
What's in the Box:
- iPod-to-Nissan interface
- 72" iPod interface cable (CB-PA85)
- 4' Adapter to Nissan radio interface (CAS-NIS)
- Owner's manual
- Design Change Notice sheet
- iPod connection adapter for select Nissan factory stereos
- manage the iPod via your radio's CD changer controls
- adjust volume, track up/down, fast forward/rewind
- use up to five playlists (select five favorites, or Auto Playlist will let you choose from the first five on your iPod)
- Direct Mode allows you to control everything via the iPod itself, giving you access to all playlists (requires a DIP switch change on the USA SPEC adapter)
- compatible with all iPod and iPod mini models equipped with a dock connector and iPod software update 2004-04-28, or higher
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
USA Spec iPod® Interface Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Adapter Type||iPod audio in w/ iPod control|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: This adapter allows an iPod with a dock connector to be connected to and controlled by the factory radio in select Nissan and Infinity vehicles. It is generally compatible with factory navigation systems but not factory satellite radio. Please check the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
- CB-PA85: iPod dock connector on one end and round 13-pin plug on the other end (plugs into the adapter)
- CAS-NIS: Round 13-pin plug on one end (plugs into the adapter); two 10-pin and one 12-pin Molex plugs on the other (connects in between the factory radio and factory wiring)
iPod Compatibility: The PA11-NIS now includes the CB-PA85 cable allowing charging of the 4th generation nano, 2nd generation touch, and the iPhone 3G. The interface is compatible with the following Generation 3 and later iPod models:
- iPod Photo (4th generation)
- iPod Video (5th generation)
- iPod U2 (4th generation)
- iPod mini (1st/2nd generation)
- iPod nano (1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th generation)
- iPod classic (80/120/160GB)
- iPod touch (1st/2nd/3rd generation)
- iPhone and iPhone 3G/3GS
Control Modes: The iPod interface adapter features the following control modes.
- Playlist Mode: You can create up to 5 favorite mobile playlist then use your radio's CD changer controls to access and control your playlist.
- Direct Mode: Gives you complete control of your iPod while it is connected to the factory radio. Your iPod is not locked out while connected to the radio and you are able to manually access your complete iPod content. The Radio still can adjust song up/down random or shuffle play but you can manually control your iPod and select any playlist, genre or Artist of your choice.
- Dual Mode: Combines features of Direct Mode and Playlist Mode. You can create and access your favorite mobile playlist or directly access all your iPod content manually on your iPod. Your iPod displays song title information and iPod is not locked, so the iPod can be operated manually at all times. (May be referred to as the Hybrid Mode in some manuals)
Playlist Names: In order for the adapter/factory radio to recognize a playlist, it must be named NISSAN1... through NISSAN5... Text can follow the NISSAN name and number, such as NISSAN3_artistname or NISSAN2-jazz. For a given disc slot (1-5), if there is no playlist named NISSAN followed by that number, that disc slot is filled by the next available playlist on the iPod.
Auxiliary Input: In addition to the iPod input on the PA11-NIS there is an auxiliary input (RCA) for use with another source, such as a DVD system, satellite radio, etc. The aux input is accessed at disc 6 track 1 using the factory radio controls. This aux input can be used with or without the iPod connected. When using the aux input in the Playlist mode, Play All access is moved to the Disc 5 slot and the NISSAN5 custom playlist is lost.
Controls: Use the Radio's Disc Select controls to access the 5 custom mobile playlists, the Play All mode, and the auxiliary input. Track select, forward and backward, works just like on a CD. Other commands include shuffle play, scan (plays first 10 seconds of each track), repeat play, Fast Track Search (skips forward or backward 10 tracks), and Fast Forward/Fast Reverse within a song (available in shuffle mode only).
Battery Charge: The PA11-NIS charges the iPod battery when connected. Charging stops after 1 hour of non-use to prevent draining the vehicle's battery.
CD Changer Port: The adapter uses the factory radio's CD Changer port so if the vehicle has an existing outboard CD Changer it must be disconnected.
Pause: When a non-iPod source is selected on the radio (AM/FM/Cass/CD) the iPod pauses.
Resume: If the iPod is not disconnected after use, it will resume playing where it left off when you restart the vehicle. If you're listening to a playlist portably and you plug the iPod into the adapter, playback continues from that point.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.