Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
USA Spec iPod® Interface
Connects your iPod to select Toyota factory radios
Our take on the USA Spec iPod® Interface by Crutchfield's Tim Sprinkle
You can take it with you. Just because you've got a factory radio in your car, doesn't mean you have to leave your iPod (and the hours and hours of music it contains) at home. Just install USA SPEC's iPod interface it not only allows you to listen to all your favorite tunes through your car's speakers, it even lets you control song and playlist selections right from your radio.
Just mount the compact interface box in a hidden location in your vehicle, and connect the adapter cable to the CD changer input on your compatible Toyota factory radio. Plug your iPod into the interface you can control volume, source, song selection, and up to five different play lists right from the radio. And the interface charges your iPod while it's connected. You even get an auxiliary input for connecting an add-on satellite radio, DVD player, or other external source.
Please enter your vehicle information or call a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this adapter is compatible with your vehicle. As the iPod interface uses the CD changer port, any existing changer that you have (including in-dash changers) must be disconnected.
Excellent device and the instructions on how to install the equipment was outstanding. Shipping process also desire a hat off. Keep up the outstanding work.
Jenaro, San Juan, Puerto Rico
What's in the Box:
- PA11-TOY iPod-to-Toyota interface
- 49" iPod interface cable (CB-PA14)
- 46" Adapter to Toyota radio interface (CAS-TYi)
- 4.75" Adapter cable (CAS-TA)
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- Owner's manual
- Limited warranty registration card
- iPod connection adapter for select Toyota factory stereos
- manage the iPod via your radio's CD changer controls
- adjust volume, track up/down, fast forward/rewind
- use up to five playlists (select five favorites, or Auto Playlist will let you choose from the first five on your iPod)
- Direct Mode allows you to control everything via the iPod itself, giving you access to all playlists (requires a DIP switch change on the USA SPEC adapter)
- compatible with all iPod and iPod mini models equipped with a dock connector and iPod software update 2004-04-28, or higher
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
USA Spec iPod® Interface Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Adapter Type||iPod audio in w/ iPod control|
|Vehicle Specific||Toyota, Scion|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: This adapter allows an iPod with a dock connector to be connected to and controlled by the factory radio in select Toyota and Scion vehicles. Please check the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to confirm compatibility with your vehicle. The iPod interface takes the place of the slave Toyota 6-disc CD changer. They cannot be connected to your factory radio simultaneously.iPod Compatibility: This adapter is compatible with virtually any iPod with the Dock Connector. This includes (but is not limited to) iPod G3 and G4 (3rd and 4th generation, firmware version 2.3 and 3.0.2), iPod mini (firmware version 1.3), and the iPod photo (firmware version 1.1).
Vehicle Compatibility: The PA11-TOY interface is compatible with the following vehicles:
- 1998-2005 Toyota 4Runner
- 1998-2005 Toyota Avalon
- 1998-2005 Toyota Camry
- 1998-2005 Toyota Corolla, Echo
- 2001-2005 Toyota Highlander
- 1998-2001 Toyota Land Cruiser
- 2005 Toyota Matrix
- 1998-2005 Toyota MR2, Celica
- 1998-2005 Toyota RAV4
- 1998-2005 Toyota Sequoia, Tundra
- 1998-2005 Toyota Sienna
- 1998-2005 Toyota Solara
- 1998-2005 Toyota Tacoma
- Scion: All models
Note: PA11-TOY is not applicable to Toyota vehicles equipped with factory navigation and/or DVD systems.
Modes of Operation: The PA11-TOY provides two operation modes:
- Direct Mode: In this mode, the controls on the iPod are functional as well as the track up/down, fast forward/reverse buttons on your radio for controlling music playback. To use this mode, set the dip switch #2 on the interface to "Off" position. In this mode, the audio will come through DISC 5, Track 1 on the radio.
- Playlist Mode: In this mode, the iPod is operated and controlled as a factory CD changer. This mode allows you access up to five playlists on the iPod. For this mode, dip switch #2 must be switched to the "On" position with the iPod disconnected.
iPod Playback: All audio tracks on the iPod will be played at Disc 6. The track order is determined by the default order on the iPod. Selecting discs 1 through 5 on the factory radio will allow playback of 5 playists on the iPod if the Aux Input is not selected. You can select a playlist by pressing the Disc Up or Disc Down buttons. Playlists which are created for direct access must be designated with the word "TOYOTA" and the disc number. If no "TOYOTA" playlists are designated, the first five playlists on the iPod are accessible from the Disc 1 through Disc 5 buttons.
Auxiliary Input: In addition to the iPod input on the PA11-TOY there is an auxiliary input (stereo RCA) for use with another source, such as a DVD system, satellite radio, or game system. The aux input is selected at CD 6 Track 1 using the factory radio controls. This aux input can be used with or without the iPod connected. To use the auxiliary input on the interface, dip switch #1 must be set to the "Off" position.
Note: When the Aux input is used, the "All Tracks" playlist is moved to Disc 5, and playlist "TOYOTA5" is lost.
Controls: The factory radio's controls give you access to the following iPod functions:
- Scan: plays first 10 seconds of each track
- Random (Shuffle): songs are played back in random order (some radios have a "P scan" button for this function)
- Track Up/Down: the "Next" button advances to the next track in the playlist; the "Prev" button allows you to jump to the beginning of the currently playing song
- Fast Track Search: the "Fwd" or "Rev" button will advance or retreat through the tracks in increments of 10 (i.e. 04, 14, 24...).
- Fast Forward/Fast Reverse Play: While in Random mode, press the forward or backward button to fast forward or fast reverse through the current song.
Note: Repeat play is not supported by this interface. Switching to another source, such as AM/FM, CD, or Cassette, puts the iPod into pause mode.
Display: The factory radio will display the playlist number and track number only. Display of artist and song title information is not supported.
Battery Charge: The PA11-TOY charges the iPod's battery when connected. Charging stops automatically one hour after the iPod is paused.
Note: The PA11-TOY requires an optional cable (item # 581CBP85) to charge the iPod nano 4th generation, iPod touch 2nd generation, or the iPhone 3G.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.