Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Tivoli Model Ten
Premium AM/FM radio
Item # 582M10CH | MFR # M10CH
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Tivoli Model Ten by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
To celebrate their tenth year of operation, Tivoli presents the Model Ten radio once again raising the standard of what a radio should be. The rich, furniture-grade wood cabinet features a hand-rubbed finish that's smooth to the touch. But that wood isn't there just to be beautiful it also makes for a speaker cabinet that's acoustically inert, which means you'll just hear the pure tones of the built-in speaker.
Rich, engaging sound
Tivoli's reputation was built on the quality of their signature mono sound, and the Model Ten continues that tradition. The radio's single 3-inch full-range driver delivers warm sound that's surprisingly big and full. A bass port reinforces the low frequencies. You'll hear plenty of detail, too more than a common table radio can deliver. And as good as the Tivoli Ten sounds at lower volume levels, it sounds even better when you turn it up and fill your room with music.
Simple controls for easy operation
A single rotary control dial is mounted on top of the radio. You can adjust volume, tune in stations, set the alarms with just one finger. Or use the remote to control your radio from across the room. The large, easy-to-read display shows time, radio frequency, and more. It also displays the RDS (Radio Data System) text that some stations broadcast, so you can also see call letters and even song info.
Multiple connections for added versatility
The Model Ten comes with a variety of inputs and outputs to further enhance your listening options. A line-level output lets you capture radio programs using a portable recording device.
Plug in your headphones for private listening. A minijack auxiliary input lets you play music from your iPod®. Another minijack input lets you "mix" sources the Model Ten will simultaneously play music from that connected source with your tuned radio station.
What's in the Box:
- AM/FM clock radio (with attached telescoping antenna)
- 10' AC power cord
- Remote control (M10RSIL)
- CR2025 3V lithium battery (installed)
- Owner's Manual
- "Getting Started" note
- Product Registration Card
- mono AM/FM radio
- 5 AM and 5 FM presets
- digital clock with dual alarms
- built-in AM antenna and external telescoping FM antenna
- backlit LCD display
- Radio Data System (RDS) capability showing broadcast embedded text for FM stations (where available)
- high-performance 3" full-range mono speaker
- ported enclosure reinforces bass
- adjustable EQ settings
- top-mounted rotary control dial
- furniture-grade hand-crafted wood cabinet
- minijack audio input for connecting external source
- minijack mix audio input for adding music from another source while the radio plays
- line-level record output
- minijack headphone output
- subwoofer output
- AC power adapter
- weight: 3.5 lbs.
- 4-5/8"W x 8"H x 4-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Tivoli Model Ten Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Tivoli Audio Model 10 is a tabletop AM/FM clock radio which features a handmade, acoustically inert wood cabinet and a full-range mono speaker for great AM/FM sound in your home or at the office. The Model 10 features a built-in alarm clock with wake-up and sleep timers. The AM/FM clock radio also features an auxiliary input, record output, sub output, and a headphone output. The Model 10 tabletop clock radio operates off of AC power.
AM/FM Tuner: The Tivoli Audio Model 10 is equipped with a digital AM/FM tuner for precise radio station tuning. Receiving bands include - FM (87.5-108MHz), AM (520-170kHz)
FM RDS Text Information: The Radio Data System transmits text data along with the audio broadcast for FM stations (not all FM stations utilize this service). For FM stations broadcasting RDS, the text data will appear on the Model 10's large LCD.
Tuning: The Model 10 features manual, seek, and preset tuning.
- Manual: You can use the AM/FM clock radio's multi-function control dial to manually tune in stations. FM stations are tuned in 0.2 MHz steps, while the AM stations are tuned in 10kHz steps.
- Seek: The remote control can be used to automatically seek stations.
- Presets: You can also store up to 5 AM and 5 FM radio station presets (total of 10 presets). The presets can be accessed from the remote control or from the Model 10's rear-panel preset buttons.
Telescoping FM Antenna: When listening to FM, adjust the radio's telescoping FM antenna and position it for the best reception. The telescoping antenna extends from 4.25" to 25.75". The telescoping antenna can be removed in order to add a powered FM antenna with a 75-ohm "F"-connector (sold separately).
Note: The telescoping FM antenna has no affect on AM reception.
Built-in AM Antenna: When listening to AM, rotate the Model 10 itself to align the internal AM antenna for improved reception.
Mono Mode: In some weak signal areas it can be beneficial to force the FM tuner to mono output, as mono requires a much lower signal strength to produce acceptable results.
Large High-Visibility LCD: The Tivoli Audio Model 10 is equipped with a large, highly-visible LCD which displays clock, station, and menu information. The LCD features a blue backlit background with white text. The unit's LCD backlight and contrast are adjustable. The unit's display can also be turned off completely.
Digital Clock: The Model 10 features a 12-hour digital clock with AM/PM identification. The clock maintains time even during a power outage.
Dual Wake-Up Timer: The Tivoli Audio Model 10 is equipped with dual wake-up timers. You can set the Time, Volume Level, and Source (AM/FM/Tone) for each wake-up timer. You can also set how often (Once, Daily, Weekdays, Weekend) you will use each wake-up timer.
Note: The Model 10's alarm will not sound during a power outage, even-though it will save your clock and alarm settings.
Snooze: The Snooze function will temporarily turn the alarm off for 7 minutes (fixed), before sounding again.
Sleep Timer: The Sleep Timer will automatically turn the unit off after 20 minutes (fixed).
Wood Cabinet: The Tivoli Audio Model 10 features a furniture-grade, handmade, real-wood cabinet that is both beautiful and acoustically inert.
Full-Range Driver: The Tivoli Audio Model 10 features a single 3.0" full-range, magnetically-shielded driver for great AM/FM sound.
Rear-Firing Port: The Model 10 features a rear-firing port for added efficiency and bass-response.
EQ: The Model 10 is equipped with an adjustable EQ for bass, treble, & loudness adjustment.
- Bass & Treble: The unit offers independent bass & treble control to enhance low-frequency and high-frequency response.
- Loudness: The Loudness function enhances both low-frequencies and high-frequencies when listening to the unit at low volume levels.
Audio Connections: The Model 10 AM/FM clock radio is equipped with the following rear-panel audio inputs and outputs.
- Auxiliary Input: The Tivoli Audio Model 10 features a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting an external device (such as your CD player or MP3 player), so you can listen to audio from the connected device through the Model 10's mono speaker.
- Record Output: The clock radio's 3.5mm record output (fixed) lets you record music from the built-in AM/FM clock radio to a connected tape-deck or CD recorder. You can also use the Model 10's record output to the connect the AM/FM tabletop clock radio to your home entertainment system.
- Headphone Output: The Model 10 clock radio is equipped with a 3.5mm headphone output for connecting a set of stereo headphones for private listening. Connecting headphones will mute the Model 10's mono speaker.
- Mix Input: The rear-panel 3.5mm mix input lets you connect your computer's (or other device's) audio output to the unit, so you can hear audio mixed-in with the AM/FM tuner. Or this input can simply be used as a second auxiliary input. The volume level of this input must be adjusted at the source.
- Sub Output: The 3.5mm sub Output lets you connect an external powered subwoofer (sold separately) for added bass response.
- Optional Stereo Speaker: This mono-RCA output lets you connect the optional Tivoli Audio Model 10 Speaker (sold separately) for stereo sound.
Placement: Place the Tivoli Audio Model 10 on a flat, stable surface (do not block the rear bass port). The Model 10 radio is not video shielded and should be kept at least 5" away from a computer monitor or television. Placement in a bookcase, cabinet, or close to walls or corners may inflate the bass, creating an unnatural sound.
Multi-Function Control Dial: The Tivoli Audio Model 10 features a top-mounted rotary dial to provide simple, multi-function control. This control wheel conveniently serves many functions.
- Power: Use the multi-function control dial to turn the alarm clock radio On or Off.
- Source: Using the multi-function control dial, you can select between sources (AM, FM, Auxiliary).
- Tuning: The top-mount control dial also lets you manually tune to AM and FM radio stations.
- Volume: The unit's multi-function control dial also allows you to adjust the radio's volume Up or Down.
- Snooze: The top-mounted control dial also serves as a Snooze Button.
Wireless Remote Control: The Tivoli Audio Model 10 comes with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the AM/FM clock radio. The remote control offers full operation of the Model 10; including Power, Source, Tuning, Volume, Clock, Alarm, and EQ functions.
Note: The remote control operates off of a single CR2025 3V lithium "coin-type" battery (included).
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Tivoli Audio Model 10 operates off of standard household AC current using the supplied 10' detachable AC power cord (120V~60Hz, 50W).
Note: Meets energy conservation requirements.
12VDC/1000ma Port: This input is for use with an optional 1A fused/12VDC adapter (sold separately), for operation in a boat or camper. The connector must be a 5.5mm/2.1mm center-positive.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.