TiVo Vox™ Remote
Adds voice control capability to TiVo Roamio and Mini, includes Bluetooth® dongle
Our take on the TiVo Vox™ Remote by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
Tell your TiVo what to do
If you've heard about TiVo's Bolt Vox DVRs and wondered if there's any way to add voice control to your Roamio DVR, the answer is "Yes!" The Vox Remote brings voice control to TiVo's Roamio OTA DVR and Mini. Just press the blue "Voice" button on the Vox Remote, say your command, and let TiVo do the rest.
Find your favorites faster with the Vox Remote
Use just your voice to search for shows to watch or record, change channels, launch an app, or skip commercials on your recordings. When you say the word, TiVo simultaneously searches across your live TV, recordings and streaming services to deliver personalized results based on what you watch and when you watch it.
The Vox Remote can also control power, input, volume and mute on your TV and/or home theater receiver.
- works with TiVo Roamio Pro/Plus/OTA DVRs, and TiVo Mini
- does not work with any prior models of TiVo DVRs
- brings the power of voice control to the TiVo experience
- just press the blue "Voice" button, say your command, and let TiVo do the rest
- skip commercials on recordings by pressing the "Voice" button and saying "Skip it"
- the on-screen user interface must be upgraded to the new TiVo Experience for voice control functionality
- IR/RF signal eliminates line-of-sight requirements — ideal for in-cabinet setups
- includes Bluetooth dongle
- requires 2 "AA" batteries (not included)
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Bluetooth remote control w/ built-in microphone
- Bluetooth/USB dongle
- 22" USB extension cable
- Installation & Setup Guide
- Upgrade Instructions
Compatibility: This TiVo Vox remote is compatible with the following TiVo DVR and streamers.
- TiVo Roamio Pro/Plus/OTA (the on-screen user interface must be upgraded to the new TiVo Experience for voice-control functionality; also requires the included Bluetooth dongle)
- TiVo mini (the on-screen user interface must be upgraded to the new TiVo Experience for voice-control functionality; also requires the included Bluetooth dongle)
Note: Does not work with any prior models of TiVo DVRs.
Bluetooth Connectivity: Bluetooth wireless technology lets you operate your compatible TiVo DVR, even if it's tucked away behind a cabinet door. It has a wireless range of approximately 30'. The remote must be initially paired and connected to your compatible TiVo DVR. Once the remote is paired, the activity light will flash yellow with each button press.
Note: You will need to plug the included Bluetooth/USB dongle into the USB port on back of your compatible TiVo DVR.
Voice Control: The remote's built-in microphone lets you use your voice to search and select your favorite movies, record shows, and stream online apps. Simply press the "Mic" button and speak into the built-in microphone. The remote lets you speak in natural language and gives you the ability to narrow your search results as you go - search for shows, tune to a channel, ask for recommendations, or use one of the Unified Search Tools. You'll have the ability to have a true conversation with the system, with back and forth questions, commands, and answers. Simply speak to the system as if it were another person instead of trying to figure out what it can understand and what it can't.
TV Control: The TiVo remote will automatically be able to change channels on your TV and display all the TiVo menus, because these functions are done through the TiVo DVR. You can also program the remote to change the volume and input of your television, as well as turn your TV on/off.
Remote Finder: The TiVo Bolt Vox includes a remote finder feature. If you don't know where your Bolt remote is, press the Remote Finder button on the back of the TiVo Bolt Vox. The Bolt remote will play the TiVo tune to help you locate it. Press any button on the remote to cancel the tune.
Power Requirements: The TiVo Vox remote is powered by two "AA" batteries (not included).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
It is a gift for my mother, she has a TiVo Roamio that did not come with voice search, but after talking with TiVo an upgrade is eligible for her model. I searched around and found you! This was my lucky day! [ Carol Dec 12, 2017 ]
It is the only product available for the application it is to be used for but having rewards points available from previous purchases is always nice when you can save money. [ Bruce Dec 03, 2017 ]
Looking forward to "voice operated" remote and as usual, I'd much rather place an order with Crutchfield than with Tivo themselves...they never get the order right. Crutchfield has been our choice for years and years, never let us down. Thanks. [ Michael Nov 26, 2017 ]
I own a Tivo Roamio [ Jacobo Nov 20, 2017 ]