Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Logitech® Harmony® 300i
Universal learning remote with PC interface
Item # 596300I | MFR # 915-000143
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Logitech® Harmony® 300i by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Here's an affordable Harmony learning remote for folks with only four or fewer components in their entertainment system. Like all Harmony remotes, it's easy to use and easy to set up, making TV viewing a hassle-free experience.
Easy access to the functions you need
The Harmony 300i has a dedicated "Watch TV" button that will turn on your TV, cable box, and whatever other component you need to start watching television — all at the press of a single button. It also has five programmable buttons that allow you to personalize the remote for the functions you use the most. You can program your favorite channels to one or all of the four buttons, or assign functions like switching the screen size or accessing video-on-demand content.
Program your remote easily over the web
Connect your Harmony remote to your computer with the supplied USB cable to get started. Go to the Harmony Remote website and answer a few simple questions about your components and how they're set up. When you're done, the site automatically programs your remote accordingly. Plus, it remembers information about your setup, making it quick and easy to reprogram the remote if you add components down the road.
This is one of the most intuitive pieces of entertainment technologies I've every used. The fact that you can sync the remote to almost any device and pull in its functionality makes programming a breeze. I highly recommend this product.
O from Chicago, Chicago, IL
What's in the Box:
- Harmony 300i wireless remote control
- 2 "AA" alkaline batteries
- 27" USB cable (Type A USB connector on one end and Mini USB 2.0 connector on the other end)
- Quick-start Guide (Eng / Span / Fren / Port)
- Addendum booklet
- easy Internet-based setup
- one-touch "Watch TV" button
- controls up to 4 devices
- 5 programmable buttons for the functions you use the most
- dedicated buttons for Blu-ray playback (red, blue, green, and yellow)
- USB cable and software included
- includes 2 "AA" batteries
- 2-3/8"W x 1-5/16"H x 8-13/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- USB port
- CD-ROM drive
- for PC: Windows® XP, Vista®, or Windows® 7
- for Mac OS® X 10.4.8 or later (Intel® based Mac only)
- an Internet connection
Logitech® Harmony® 300i Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Harmony 300i Universal Remote provides simple, intuitive control of even the most elaborate entertainment system for anyone in the family. The remote setup is accomplished through Harmony's interactive web site. The Harmony 300i remote can control up to 4 audio/video components (TV, Cable/Satellite, DVD/Blu-ray, and VCR/AUX).
Simple Online Setup: The Harmony Remote Activities are configured through unique Web Wizard tools on the Harmony Remote website. Using Logitech's Smart State Database of over 225,000 electronic devices from over 5,000 manufacturers, you can easily customize the remote to your system. The database, together with IR learning, ensures support of all infrared-controlled devices made by any manufacturer, including Televisions, A/V Receivers, Cable/Satellite Boxes, VCRs, DVD Players, CD Players, Game Consoles, Mini Systems, Computers, and Home Automation devices.
Simple Button Layout: The Harmony 300i's buttons are intuitive and grouped in ways that make sense, so its simple for anyone to use. The button functions include:
- "Watch TV" Button: Turn on your TV and cable/satellite box with just the press of a single button.
- My Devices: To operate a device, just click the device you want to operate from the remote control. You can choose from TV, DVD, Cable/Sat, or VCR/Aux.
- TV Input: This button allows you to easily cycle through your TV's video inputs.
- Frustration-Free Volume: The volume controls can stay assigned to whichever of your devices you prefer. The mute key lets you instantly mute or un-mute the audio.
- Guide/Menu Buttons: The Harmony 300 allows you to access your component's menu and your TV's channel guide.
- Programmable Buttons: You can program specific buttons (1-5), so you can jump to your favorite channels, or switch screen sizes and access video-on-demand content (if applicable).
- Blu-ray Buttons: The remote contains dedicated buttons for Blu-ray playback (red, blue, green, and yellow).
- DVR Controls: The remote provides the commands you need for recorded TV. The List key brings up your DVR's recorded programs, while the Live button lets you jump directly to live TV.
- Playback Controls: The remote's playback controls consist of Play, Pause, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Skip, Replay, and Record.
- Numeric Keypad: The Harmony 300 remote provides a numeric keypad (0-9, .+) to access your favorite channels directly. There is also a channel up/down key and previous channel button for selecting channels.
Flash Memory: The settings are stored in a non-volatile flash memory so they will never be lost, even when the batteries are being changed.
USB Port: The Harmony 300i remote features a mini-USB type-B connector. The supplied mini-USB type-B to USB type-A cable allows you to connect the remote to your computer for online setup.
AA Batteries: The remote is powered by two standard "AA" batteries (alkaline batteries included).
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
- USB port
- Internet access
- Macintosh OS X 10.4.8 or later (MAC computer must be Intel based. Will not work with MAC's using the PowerPC chip.)
- USB port
- Internet access
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.