Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Logitech® Squeezebox Touch
Wireless music player with 4-5/16" touchscreen
Item # 596SQTCH | MFR # 930-000090
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Logitech® Squeezebox Touch by Crutchfield's Tara W.
Add wide-ranging music options to any audio system in your home. The Squeezebox Touch connects to your home network for easy access to music from your computer or the Internet. It features a large touchscreen for easy song selection and playback adjustments. Simply touch the screen to start browsing music according to album, artist, or song. View digital photos on the player's display: you can insert an SD card loaded with images into the built-in card slot, or call up pictures from your Facebook or Flickr accounts. The included remote lets you control playback from the comfort of your couch.
Easy setup with your home network
Setup is as simple as downloading the SlimServer software to your PC and adding this player to your home network. Built-in Wi-Fi® makes hookup even easier if you've got a wireless router or access point. If you prefer to make a wired connection, use the Squeezebox Touch's Ethernet port. Digital and analog audio outputs let you hook this player up to just about any audio system.
Stream an array of digital music formats from a variety of sources
This versatile system lets you access music from many venues play your computer's digital music collection, listen to Internet radio stations, or subscribe to an online music library like Rhapsody®. The Squeezebox Touch supports today's popular audio formats, including compressed, uncompressed, and even lossless files.
MOG — over 15 million songs, available instantly
MOG is an award-winning online music service with one of the largest and best-sounding streaming catalogs in the industry. It's the only service to offer all of its music in the 320 kbps MP3 format — that higher bit rate translates to better sound. In fact, we use it frequently in the Crutchfield Labs to test high-end audio gear. MOG's "Primo" service ($9.99/month) gives you unlimited, ad-free access to their extensive music library of over 15 million songs on a wide range of devices including Squeezebox network music players, Samsung TVs, your computer, iPad®, iPhone®, and Android devices.
Create a multi-room music system
Use additional Squeezebox Touch players or other Squeezebox devices to enjoy music in more areas of your home. If you have a Squeezebox Duet, you can use its LCD remote to control this player and your other Squeezebox music players.
not much to write:). Good as expected. Compares to NAD C542 when WAV played through. To unveil true potential, please use a good interconnect. I am using Monster's interconnect.
GopalJee, Plano, TX
What's in the Box:
- Wi-Fi music player
- Wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- AC adapter with attached 6' DC output cord (DC output: 5V/3A)
- US 2-prong AC plug adapter
- 6' Stereo RCA cable
- Screen cleaning cloth
- Quick Start Guide (Eng/Span/Fren + 10 other languages)
- plays music from your computer and the Internet
- connects to your wired or wireless home network
- 4-5/16" color touchscreen
- compatible with Internet radio stations
- plays songs from Rhapsody digital music service subscription required
- plays personalized Internet radio stations from Pandora®
- supports playback of lossless music files (Apple, FLAC, WMA), uncompressed files (AIFF, WAV, PCM), and compressed files (MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, WMA)
- not compatible with protected DRM music files purchased from online stores such as iTunes or Zune
- SD card slot and USB port allow access to music and photos
- built-in alarm clock
- connects to an audio system like a home theater or table radio
- analog RCA stereo, optical digital, and coaxial digital audio outputs
- mini headphone output
- remote included
- AC power adapter included
- 5-15/16"W x 3-5/8"H x 3-3/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Windows® 2000/XP/Vista/7
- Mac® OS X 10.3 or later
- 733Mhz Pentium® or equivalent processor
- 256MB RAM, 100MB hard disk space
- home network with broadband Internet connection
Logitech® Squeezebox Touch Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Logitech Squeezebox Touch is a compact network music player which lets you listen to digital music stored on your computer or on the internet from anywhere you can access your home network. With its 4.3" touch screen, you can browse, organize, and play your digital music collection or listen to internet radio and select online music services. The Squeezebox Touch also has a USB port and an SD card slot, so you can access music or pictures from a flash drive or memory card. You can connect the unit to your stereo system through a digital or analog connection, play it through a set of powered speakers, or listen through headphones. It comes with a wireless remote control so you can find your music with ease.
4.3-inch Color Touch Screen: The Squeezebox Touch features a 4.3-inch, 24-bit color LCD screen which displays album art, track and station information, visual-effects, and screen savers. The unit features an ambient light sensor to adjust the display's brightness according to your room's lighting condition, so it's never too bright or too dim.
High Quality Sound: The Squeezebox Touch provides high-quality sound through your home stereo or powered speakers, thanks to a 24-bit DAC (digital-to-analog converter), advanced audio rendering technology, and digital outputs.
Audio Outputs: The rear panel is equipped with both analog and digital audio outputs for connecting the unit to your stereo system:
- RCA Stereo: left and right RCA jacks
- Headphones: 3.5mm mini-jack for connecting a set of headphones or a pair of powered speakers
- Optical Digital: Toslink optical digital jack
- Coaxial Digital: single RCA coaxial digital jack
USB/SD Slots: The Squeezebox Touch has a rear-mounted USB port (Type A) and a side-mounted SD card slot. You can play music files or display pictures stored on USB flash drives or SD Memory Cards.
Wired or Wireless Connection: The Squeezebox Touch allows you to connect to your computer and the Internet via a hardwire (Ethernet) or wireless (Wi-Fi) connection:
- Wi-Fi Connection: The Squeezebox Touch offers true 802.11g (802.11n and 802.11b compatible) wireless technology that lets you enjoy your music stored on your computer in any room of your home, without wires. The Squeezebox Touch offers one-touch setup with compatible WPS-supporting routers. The Squeezebox Touch supports WPA Personal, WPA2-AES, and 64/128-bit WEP encryption.
- Ethernet Connection: The Squeezebox Touch features a rear-panel RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) port which connects to any 10/100 Mbps Ethernet network (with Auto MDX).
System Requirements: The Squeezebox Touch supports the following operating systems:
- Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000
- Macintosh OS X 10.3 or later
- Linux/BSD/Solaris/Other: Perl 5.8.3 or later
Note: Requires 256 MB RAM and 100 MB available on the hard disk.
Digital Music Access: You can play songs from your personal library stored on your computer, tune in to thousands of Internet radio stations, or connect to online services like Pandora, Slacker, Rhapsody, or iTunes. The Squeezebox Touch supports the following digital audio formats:
- Media Server and Online Services: It supports the following audio formats: MP3, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, HE-AACv2, HD-AAC, Apple Lossless, WMA Lossless, APE, MPC, and WavPac supported through transcoding. Some formats may require additional software installation (e.g. QuickTime), depending on platform.
- Internet Radio: Support for MP3, Ogg Vorbis, HE-AACv2, and WMA formatted Internet Radio streams.
Remote Control: In addition to the touch screen, you can navigate the Squeezebox Touch with the supplied wireless remote control. The remote uses two "AAA" batteries (supplied).
Power Supply: The Squeezebox Touch operates on standard household current using the supplied AC power adapter. The unit automatically powers on when plugged in. There is no power button on the unit, but can be turned off/on using the remote.
Online Portal: There is a web portal for Squeezebox Touch at www.mysqueezebox.com from your computer. Its main features include:
- My Music: At My Music, download Squeezebox Server so you can access and listen to your personal music library stored on your computer.
- Application Gallery: The Squeezebox Touch's Application Gallery allows you to find and play internet radio stations, online music services, podcast, newsfeeds, and more. You can browse the Application Gallery by - Featured Apps, Custom Radio, Music On-Demand, Music Stores, Podcast Services, Photo Services, Radio Networks, Social Networks, and Utilities.
- My Applications: Review and manage the applications that you have selected, installed and downloaded to the Squeezebox Touch.
- Favorites: For even quicker access to the items you listen to the most, you can add songs, albums, radio stations and playlists to your Favorites.
- Players: Find information about the Squeezebox players that are connected to your account. You can also change player names, and pick a different language and time-zone.
- Remote Control: Control Squeezebox Touch from your desktop.
- Support: Easy access to Squeezebox community forums and customer support.
- Account Settings: Review the settings for the mysqueezebox.com account that you created during the setup process.
Squeezebox Server: To listen to your personal music library on the Squeezebox Touch, you will need to download and install Squeezebox Server from mysqueezebox.com. After you install Squeezebox Server on your computer and select Finish, it will scan your computer, create an index of your music, and make your music library accessible from the Squeezebox Touch.
Note: If you only listen to music from Internet sources, or if you have uploaded your personal music collection to an online music locker, you do not need to run Squeezebox Server on your computer.
Control Panel: The Squeezebox Server Control Panel offers easy access to frequently used settings from your computer. Control panel tabs include:
Server Status: Start and stop Squeezebox Server, and scan your music library.
Music Library: Name your music library and point to music folders.
Account Settings: Enter your mysqueezebox.com account information.
Advanced: Perform advanced tasks such as music library cleanup, displaying log files, and accessing the Squeezebox Server web interface for additional advanced settings.
Diagnostics: Obtain diagnostic information such as IP addresses and port function status.
Information: A source for server information, music library statistics, and the folder locations for log files, cache folders and more.
Now Playing List: You can create and manage your own Now Playing list, and retrieve and listen to existing music playlists from music stored on your computer, USB flash drive, SD card, internet radio, or online music services.
Note: Playlists are saved under My Music whether they are made up of songs from your personal music library, Internet radio stations, or online music services.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.