Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
InstallCard: Satellite Radio
Prepaid professional satellite radio installation
Our take on the InstallCard: Satellite Radio by Crutchfield's Zak Billmeier
Not into "do it yourself" car stereo installations? No problem. With a prepaid InstallCard, you can have your new satellite radio installed by any professional who's a member of the InstallCard network — there are more than 1,500 locations all across the country. You'll get all the benefits of buying your satellite radio tuner from Crutchfield, plus the time savings and peace of mind that come with professional installation.
Note: InstallCard uses a network of independent contractors who are unaffiliated with Crutchfield, and we are unable to evaluate each individual contractor.
How does it work?
Simple. First, enter your zip code to see if there's an InstallCard installer in your area (if you don't see an installer listed, you may wish to call InstallerNet at the number listed below the zip code field. New installers are added to the network frequently, so there may be options available for you that aren't yet listed online). Then, just add this card to your online shopping cart, and proceed through checkout as usual. When you receive the card from us, visit www.installcard.com, enter the unique InstallCard number on the back of the card, and schedule your installation with the local shop.
When you arrive for your appointment at your local stereo shop, just hand over the InstallCard, along with the satellite radio tuner or Dock & Play radio you've purchased and your Crutchfield invoice (it will be included in the box with your order), and your installation begins. And you can feel confident about the quality of work — every installer on the InstallerNet Network has at least two years' experience and is MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) certified. InstallerNet feels so strongly about the expertise of their installers that they will warranty the labor of your installation for the life of your vehicle.
What does this card cover?
With this InstallCard a professional will install a satellite radio into your factory or brand-name car stereo system. Installation includes mounting the mobile docking cradle, hardwiring the FM modulator/relay, and installing the satellite radio antenna to the vehicle. Some stereos have an aux input that allows a direct audio connection for better sound quality. If your stereo doesn't have an aux input, an FM modulator allows you to connect the satellite radio to your system, and requires that a second component be mounted near the dash and wired to your factory antenna. Be sure to read the Details below to see what's covered. Please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 if you have any questions.
Important Note: Install Cards are not eligible for refunds once installation work is performed.
- If equipment is determined to be defective during the process of the installation or immediately after while still at the install shop, the installer will swap in its replacement when it arrives at no charge.
- If equipment is determined to be defective after leaving the install shop or within a period of no longer than one year and within the manufacturer's warranty, Installer Net will cover 50% of the charge to remove and reinstall replacement equipment.
- If the customer chooses to remove non-defective equipment (swapping for a different brand, for example), Installer Net will charge for a completely new installation.
Easy to set up - Rep called earlier than expected - Got an appointment earlier than I chose. Great Service. Only the best shops and installers are used. You won't be disappointed.
What's in the Box:
- Sirius/XM InstallCard
- prepaid installation of an FM-modulated, direct-connect satellite radio, or Dock & Play satellite radio at your choice of more than 1,500 professional stereo shops
- InstallCard services are currently available in all 50 states and Puerto Rico; we cannot ship InstallCards outside these areas.
- to find out if an installer is available in your area, click here to enter your zip code
- installation labor is warranted for as long as you own the vehicle
- Some vehicles will require antenna adapters which are not included with this InstallCard. Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to see if you'll need any antenna adapters to install your FM modulator.
- Important note: This installation does not cover modifications to your vehicle. If modifications are required, you may be charged extra for parts and labor at the time of installation. Your installer will inform you of any additional charges before performing the work, so you can approve the charges. Some possible extra charges (parts, labor, or both) may result if:
- your vehicle requires an antenna adapter, and you haven't purchased it before the installation;
- you choose to have the antenna cable routed through a third brake light or behind a convertible top (standard installation is either on the dashboard or on the front of the vehicle roof);
- you choose to mount the display/controller of your FM modulated satellite radio on a vehicle-specific mount (sold separately).
- warranty: limited lifetime
InstallCard: Satellite Radio Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: With this InstallCard (120-1102) a professional installer will install your Sirius or XM Radio or radio dock and connect it to your factory or aftermarket car stereo system. Installation includes mounting the mobile docking cradle, hardwiring the FM modulator/relay, and installing the Satellite Radio antenna to the vehicle. Some stereo systems will allow for direct audio connection for better sound quality.
Disclaimers: This InstallCard (120-1102) cover labor only and does not include the following installation costs.
- Some vehicle may require additional adapter cables (sold separately) for connection to your vehicle's audio system. Antenna cable connectors are additional items and maybe purchased from installers, if not purchased at time of equipment sale.
- If your unit is equipped with a display and you would like a more factory look you may choose to have it mounted on a vehicle specific bracket. This will allow easy access to your controller and give you that best appearance in your vehicle.
- On some vehicles you may choose to have the roof antenna mounted through a third brake light or behind a convertible top. The standard installation for most satellite antenna mounts is either on the dashboard or on the front of the vehicle roof.
- European cars (BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc.) and some exotic vehicles may need additional labor due to the complexity of their wiring.
Installation Warranty: Each installation performed using an InstallCard comes with a nationwide limited lifetime labor warranty. If at any time, the installed product becomes inoperable due to a faulty installation the installer will correct the problem at no charge.
Defective Equipment: If the equipment is found to be defective at the time of installation, the installer will remove the defective unit and reinstall a replacement unit (supplied by the customer) at no additional charge. If the installed equipment fails later, after leaving the installation shop, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, the installer will remove and replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for a removal and reinstallation charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I would pay to have others contort their bodies into tough positions rather than hurt myself...again. [ Desert_Flyer Oct 23, 2016 ]