Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
InstallCard: Speaker or Subwoofer
Prepaid installation card — for one pair of speakers or a subwoofer
Our take on the InstallCard: Speaker or Subwoofer by Crutchfield's Erin Blanton
Not into "do it yourself" car stereo installations? No problem! With a pre-paid InstallCard, you can have your new pair of speakers or single subwoofer installed by any professional who's a member of the InstallCard network — there are more than 1,500 locations all across the country! You'll get all the benefits of buying your gear from Crutchfield (including FREE speaker installation accessories, if available), plus the time savings and peace of mind that come with professional installation.
How does it work?
Simple. First, enter your zip code to see if there's an InstallCard installer in your area (if you don't see an installer listed, you may wish to call InstallerNet at the number listed below the zip code field. New installers are added to the network frequently, so there may be options available for you that aren't yet listed online). Then, just add this card to your online shopping cart, and proceed through checkout as usual. When you receive the card from us, visit www.installcard.com, enter the unique InstallCard number on the back of the card, and schedule your installation with the local shop.
When you arrive for your appointment at your local stereo shop, just hand over the InstallCard, along with the subwoofer or pair of speakers you've purchased and your Crutchfield invoice (it will be included in the box with your order), and your installation begins. And you can feel confident about the quality of work — every installer on the InstallerNet Network has at least two years' experience and is MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) certified. InstallerNet feels so strongly about the expertise of their installers that they will warranty the labor of your installation for the life of your vehicle.
What does this card cover?
With this InstallCard, a professional installer will remove a pair of factory car stereo speakers and install your aftermarket speakers, wiring them to an amplifier or car stereo system. It may also be used to install a non-powered enclosed subwoofer box or to replace an existing pair of subwoofers in an existing enclosure. Be sure to read the Details below to see what's covered. Please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 if you have any questions.
Important Note: Install Cards are not eligible for refunds once installation work is performed.
- If equipment is determined to be defective during the process of the installation or immediately after while still at the install shop the installer will remove and reinstall the equipment at no charge.
- If the Manufacturer's product becomes defective sometime after the initial installation, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, then the installer will replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for an R&R (removal and reinstallation) charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
- If the customer chooses to remove non-defective equipment (swapping for a different brand, for example), Installer Net will charge for a completely new installation.
What's in the Box:
- Car Speakers InstallCard for basic speaker/subwoofer installation
- pre-paid installation of a pair of speakers or a single subwoofer at your choice of more than 1,500 professional stereo shops
- InstallCard services are currently available in all 50 states and Puerto Rico; we cannot ship InstallCards outside these areas.
- installation labor is warranted for the life of your vehicle
- Important note: Heavy speaker wire is not included with this InstallCard, and this installation does not cover modifications to your vehicle. If modifications are required, you may be charged extra for parts and labor at the time of installation. Your installer will inform you of any additional charges before performing the work, so you can approve the charges. Some possible extra charges (parts, labor, or both) include:
- your new speakers are a different size from your factory speakers, which requires modification to the speaker openings
- you're installing component speakers (which consist of separate woofers and tweeters, plus a crossover); this InstallCard only covers one pair of speakers
- installation in your vehicle requires the removal of the entire rear deck or dashboard to replace the speakers
- new wires must be run from your vehicle's speaker location to your amp or in-dash stereo
- you're installing a powered subwoofer the amplifier installation card is the preferred InstallCard for powered subs
InstallCard: Speaker or Subwoofer Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: With this InstallCard (42-1002) a professional installer will remove your factory car speakers and install a pair of aftermarket speakers of the same size in the factory mount locations or mount a self-enclosed non-amplified subwoofer box in your vehicle. Speaker installation will include wiring the speakers to an amplifier car stereo using the already existing wires. Some vehicles may require optional mounting brackets or additional labor due to the complexity of the speaker removal.
Disclaimers: This InstallCard (42-1002) does not include the following installation costs:
- If you are replacing a pair of factory speakers with a pair of aftermarket speakers of a different size.
- If you have component or separate speakers there will be addition labor that can be paid directly to the installer. The intent of this InstallCard is to replace a pair or two speakers.
- If the installation requires cutting of vehicle to install speakers.
- In some vehicles it will require the removal of the entire rear deck, door panels or dashboard to replace the speakers, this may require additional labor charges.
- Running a new set of wires to either the amp or the radio may require additional labor.
Installation Warranty: Each installation performed using an InstallCard comes with a nationwide limited lifetime labor warranty. If at any time, the installed product becomes inoperable due to a faulty installation the installer will correct the problem at no charge.
Defective Equipment: If the equipment is found to be defective at the time of installation, the installer will remove the defective unit and reinstall a replacement unit (supplied by the customer) at no additional charge. If the installed equipment fails later, after leaving the installation shop, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, the installer will remove and replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for a removal and reinstallation charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.