Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
InstallCard: In-dash Video
Prepaid professional in-dash or all-in-one headrest video installation
Our take on the InstallCard: In-dash Video by Crutchfield's Tim Sprinkle
Not into "do it yourself" car stereo installations? No problem. With a prepaid InstallCard, you can have your new in-dash or all-in-one headrest video system (headrest with pre-installed video screen and built-in DVD player) installed by any professional who's a member of the InstallerNet Network — which boasts more than 1,500 members across the country. This card covers only the installation of an in-dash DVD receiver or an all-in-one headrest video screen. The installer will charge you extra for installing any add-on devices (iPod adapter, Bluetooth adapter, satellite radio, steering wheel remote, etc.) that come with your DVD receiver.
Note: InstallCard uses a network of independent contractors who are unaffiliated with Crutchfield, and we are unable to evaluate each individual contractor.
How does it work?
Simple. First, enter your zip code to see if there's an InstallCard installer in your area (if you don't see an installer listed, you may wish to call InstallerNet at the number listed below the zip code field. New installers are added to the network frequently, so there may be options available for you that aren't yet listed online).
Then, just add this card to your online shopping cart, and proceed through checkout as usual. When you receive the card from us, visit www.installcard.com, enter the unique InstallCard number on the back of the card, and schedule your installation with the local shop.
When you arrive for your appointment at your local stereo shop, just hand over the InstallCard, along with the in-dash video gear you've purchased and your Crutchfield invoice (it will be included in the box with your order), and your installation begins.
You can feel confident about the quality of work since every installer on the InstallerNet Network has at least two years' experience and is MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) certified. InstallerNet feels so strongly about the expertise of their installers that they will warranty the labor of your installation for the life of your vehicle.
What does this card cover?
With this InstallCard, the professional installer will install your new in-dash or all-in-one headrest video system. Be sure to read the Details below to see what's covered. Please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 if you have any questions.
Important Note: Install Cards are not eligible for refunds once installation work is performed.
- If equipment is determined to be defective during the process of the installation or immediately after while still at the install shop, the installer will swap in its replacement when it arrives at no charge.
- If the Manufacturer's product becomes defective sometime after the initial installation, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, then the installer will replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for an R&R (removal and reinstallation) charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
- If the customer chooses to remove non-defective equipment (swapping for a different brand, for example), Installer Net will charge for a completely new installation.
So easy! Just call and they give you options that fit your availability.
Anonymous, Lancaster, CA
What's in the Box:
- Mobile Video InstallCard for basic mobile video installation
- prepaid installation of an in-dash or all-in-one headrest video system at your choice of more than 1,500 professional stereo shops
- InstallCard services are currently available in all 50 states and Puerto Rico; we cannot ship InstallCards outside these areas.
- to find out if an installer is available in your area, click here to enter your zip code
- installation labor is warranted for as long as you own the vehicle
- Important note: This installation does not cover modifications to your vehicle. If modifications are required, you may be charged extra for parts and labor at the time of installation. Your installer will inform you of any additional charges before performing the work, so you can approve the charges. Some possible extra charges (parts, labor, or both) include:
- your in-dash video system features navigation, and requires a connection to the reverse light and vehicle speed sensor
- your vehicle features OnStar (or a similar factory security system), the audio portion of which is broadcast through the factory radio, and the installation of your new in-dash video system requires replacement of the security-system modules
- the factory wiring or dashboard have been cut or damaged as the result of a previous non-professional installation, or theft
- your in-dash DVD system requires the installation of a hideaway module
- your premium factory system (Bose, Infinity, Monsoon, etc.) requires bypassing with an extra wiring harness
- no installation kit is available for your vehicle, and the installer is required to fabricate a custom-mounting bracket
- your vehicle has factory steering-wheel controls, and you'd like your new in-dash video system to work with them
- your vehicle requires optional mounting brackets or significant, additional labor due to a complex dash diassembly/reassembly process
- your in-dash DVD player or headrest system has a hideaway module with inputs and outputs that must be mounted
- you choose to have the sound from your headrest system connected directly to your in-dash stereo
- your headrest with built-in video screen requires the installation of an external video source, such as a DVD player
- warranty: limited lifetime
InstallCard: In-dash Video Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: With this InstallCard (42-1007) a professional installer will either (a) remove your factory car stereo radio and install your aftermarket in-dash mobile video DVD player (most vehicles require an installation kit and/or wiring harness which is sold separately); or (b) remove one factory headrest and install an aftermarket mobile video headrest with built-in DVD player. Additional installation charges may apply for optional video sources such as games, navigation, or VCR/DVD player.
Disclaimers: This InstallCard (42-1007) does not include the following installation costs:
- If the factory wires or dashboard has been cut or damaged due to a previous non-professional installation or theft.
- Onstar and some other factory security system play through the factory radio and the installation of an after factory stereo may require replacement modules.
- Installation of an external Bluetooth microphone, SiriusXM tuner, or steering wheel remote interface will require additional installation charges.
- If the in-dash DVD player has a satellite antenna that has to be mounted on the dashboard or the exterior of the vehicle.
- In most cases the in-dash DVD player will also take the place of an existing car stereo. In some vehicles this will require a non-standard installation or rewiring a factory amplifier or steering wheel controls.
- Some vehicles may require optional mounting brackets or additional labor due to the complexity of the existing radio removal.
- If the in-dash monitor or headrest has either an optional or required video input that is not built into the unit and has to be mounted separately in the vehicle (such as a Playstation, DVD or VCR, for example).
- Most headrest units will have a wireless FM modulator that will play the sound through the vehicle's stereo system. If you don't have an FM modulator and you would like it hardwired to the vehicle there will be additional parts and labor.
- This install card covers a single pre-loaded headrest and not a pair of headrests.
Installation Warranty: Each installation performed using an InstallCard comes with a nationwide limited lifetime labor warranty. If at any time, the installed product becomes inoperable due to a faulty installation the installer will correct the problem at no charge.
Defective Equipment: If the equipment is found to be defective at the time of installation, the installer will remove the defective unit and reinstall a replacement unit (supplied by the customer) at no additional charge. If the installed equipment fails later, after leaving the installation shop, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, the installer will remove and replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for a removal and reinstallation charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
It was recommended by the sales rep. After having purchased an in-dash stereo system, I decided to have it installed by a professional, instead of trying to do it myself. I was confident I could do it; I just didn't want to deal with the stress. [ MARK N Feb 14, 2017 ]
EASY INSTALLATION [ Umer Dec 15, 2016 ]
Your company and Kenwood name, plus help from ziggy Ziggy's Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=37 [ Patrick Jun 25, 2016 ]