Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
InstallCard: Headrest Video
Prepaid professional overhead or dual headrest monitor with player installation
Our take on the InstallCard: Headrest Video by Crutchfield's Tim Sprinkle
Not into "do it yourself" car stereo installations? No problem. With a prepaid InstallCard, you can have your new overhead or dual headrest monitor system (with built-in DVD player) installed by any professional who's a member of the InstallerNet Network — which boasts more than 1,500 members across the country. You'll get all the benefits of buying your gear from Crutchfield, plus the time savings and peace of mind that come with professional installation.
Note: InstallCard uses a network of independent contractors who are unaffiliated with Crutchfield, and we are unable to evaluate each individual contractor.
How does it work?
Simple. First, enter your zip code to see if there's an InstallCard installer in your area (if you don't see an installer listed, you may wish to call InstallerNet at the number listed below the zip code field. New installers are added to the network frequently, so there may be options available for you that aren't yet listed online). Then, just add this card to your online shopping cart, and proceed through checkout as usual. When you receive the card from us, visit www.installcard.com, enter the unique InstallCard number on the back of the card, and schedule your installation with the local shop.
When you arrive for your appointment at your local stereo shop, just hand over the InstallCard, along with the gear you've purchased and your Crutchfield invoice (it will be included in the box with your order), and your installation begins.
You can feel confident about the quality of work since every installer on the InstallerNet Network has at least two years' experience and is MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) certified. InstallerNet feels so strongly about the expertise of their installers that they will warranty the labor of your installation for the life of your vehicle.
What does this card cover?
With this InstallCard, the professional installer will install your new overhead or dual headrest video monitor with built-in DVD player. Be sure to read the Details below to see what's covered. Please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 if you have any questions.
Important Note: Install Cards are not eligible for refunds once installation work is performed.
- If equipment is determined to be defective during the process of the installation or immediately after while still at the install shop, the installer will swap in its replacement when it arrives at no charge.
- If the Manufacturer's product becomes defective sometime after the initial installation, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, then the installer will replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for an R&R (removal and reinstallation) charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
- If the customer chooses to remove non-defective equipment (swapping for a different brand, for example), Installer Net will charge for a completely new installation.
It was easy to use no issues at all
james, covington, LA
What's in the Box:
- Mobile Video Deluxe InstallCard
- prepaid installation of an overhead or dual headrest monitor system at your choice of more than 1,500 professional stereo shops
- installation does not cover modifications to your vehicle; if modifications are required, the installer will inform you of any additional charges before performing the work
- InstallCard services are currently available in all 50 states and Puerto Rico; we cannot ship InstallCards outside these areas.
- to find out if an installer is available in your area, click here to enter your zip code
- installation labor is warranted for as long as you own the vehicle
- Important note: This installation does not cover modifications to your vehicle. If modifications are required, you may be charged extra for parts and labor at the time of installation. Your installer will inform you of any additional charges before performing the work, so you can approve the charges. Some possible extra charges (parts, labor, or both) include:
- complex installation processes, due to vehicle roof curvature, sunroof controls, or conditions that may require modification to the roof
- direct wiring of the sound of your video system to your vehicle's in-dash stereo
- your headrest monitors require the installation of a separate video source, such as a DVD player
- warranty: limited lifetime
InstallCard: Headrest Video Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: With this InstallCard (42-1008) a professional installer will either (a) install an overhead mobile video with built-in DVD player (some vehicles will require additional parts and/or labor due to sunroof, controls, or curvature of the roof); or (b) remove factory headrests and install dual aftermarket mobile video headrests. Additional installation charges may apply for optional video sources such as games, navigation, or VCR/DVD player.
Disclaimers: This InstallCard (42-1008) does not include the following installation costs:
- If the factory wires or dashboard have been cut or damaged due to a previous non-professional installation or theft.
- If the in-dash, flip down or headrest monitors has either an optional or required video input that is not built into the unit and has to be mounted separately in the vehicle (such as a Playstation, DVD or VCR, for example)
- Most headrest and flip down units will have a wireless FM modulator that will allow the sound to be played through the vehicle's stereo system. If you don't have an FM mod and you would like it hardwired to the vehicle there will be additional parts and labor.
- Some vehicles will require a high level of difficulty to install a flip down video screen due to the contour of the vehicle roof and may require ceiling enhancements or additional mounting trim brackets. Overhead Video units which include Trim Kits/Rings can eliminate this risk.
- Vehicles that have overhead sunroofs, radio controls, heater controls, A/C vents and consoles may require additional labor.
- Vehicles that have a designated spot for an overhead video screen in a factory console may require a factory installed item.
Installation Warranty: Each installation performed using an InstallCard comes with a nationwide limited lifetime labor warranty. If at any time, the installed product becomes inoperable due to a faulty installation the installer will correct the problem at no charge.
Defective Equipment: If the equipment is found to be defective at the time of installation, the installer will remove the defective unit and reinstall a replacement unit (supplied by the customer) at no additional charge. If the installed equipment fails later, after leaving the installation shop, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, the installer will remove and replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for a removal and reinstallation charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
This does cover installation of monitors in both headrests. Important note: This installation does not cover modifications to your vehicle. If modifications are required, you may be charged extra for parts and labor at the time of installation. Your installer will inform you of any additional charges before performing the work, so you can approve the charges. Some possible extra charges (parts, labor, or both) include: your headrest monitors require the installation of a separate video source, such as a DVD player [ Jeff Jun 16, 2014 ] Staff