Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
InstallCard: In-dash Navigation
Prepaid professional installation of an in-dash navigation system
Our take on the InstallCard: In-dash Navigation by Crutchfield's Dominic DeVito
Not into "do it yourself" car stereo installations? No problem. With this prepaid InstallCard, you can have your in-dash navigation system installed by any professional who's a member of the InstallerNet network — at more than 1,500 locations all across the country. You'll get all the benefits of buying your receiver from Crutchfield, plus the time savings and peace of mind that come with professional installation.
Note: InstallCard uses a network of independent contractors who are unaffiliated with Crutchfield, and we are unable to evaluate each individual contractor.
This card covers only the installation of an in-dash navigation receiver and its GPS antenna. The installer will charge you extra for installing any add-on devices (iPod adapter, Bluetooth adapter, satellite radio, steering wheel remote, etc.) that come with your navigation receiver.
How does it work?
Simple. First, enter your zip code to see if there's an InstallCard installer in your area (if you don't see an installer listed, you may wish to call InstallerNet at the number listed below the zip code field. New installers are added to the network frequently, so there may be options available for you that aren't yet listed online). Then, just add this card to your online shopping cart, and proceed through checkout as usual. When you receive the card from us, visit www.installcard.com, enter the unique InstallCard number on the back of the card, and schedule your installation with the local shop.
When you arrive for your appointment at your local stereo shop, just hand over the InstallCard, along with the navigation system you've purchased and the Crutchfield invoice that's included in the box with your order, and your installation begins.
You can feel confident about the quality of work — every installer on the InstallerNet network has at least two years' experience and is a Mobile Electronics Certified Professional. InstallerNet feels so strongly about the expertise of their installers that they will warranty the labor of your installation for the life of your vehicle. You'll get all the benefits of buying your gear from Crutchfield, plus you'll save time and gain the peace of mind that comes with professional installation.
What does this card cover?
With this InstallCard, the professional installer will install your new in-dash navigation system . Be sure to read the Details below to see what's covered. Please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 if you have any questions.
Important Note: Install Cards are not eligible for refunds once installation work is performed.
- If equipment is determined to be defective during the process of the installation or immediately after while still at the install shop, the installer will swap in its replacement when it arrives at no charge.
- If the Manufacturer's product becomes defective sometime after the initial installation, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, then the installer will replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for an R&R (removal and reinstallation) charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
- If the customer chooses to remove non-defective equipment (swapping for a different brand, for example), InstallerNet will charge for a completely new installation.
Having a car stereo installed is not part of my world at all!. The estimate I received, from the very same installer, would have cost me twice what I paid for this card. When I took it in, they installed with no additional questions or extraneous charges....
Anonymous, Denver, CO
What's in the Box:
- DVD Navigation InstallCard
- prepaid installation of an in-dash navigation system at your choice of more than 1,500 professional stereo shops
- InstallCard services are currently available in all 50 states and Puerto Rico; we cannot ship InstallCards outside these areas.
- to find out if an installer is available in your area, click here to enter your zip code
- installation of a compatible satellite radio will require extra charges
- installation labor is warranted for as long as you own the vehicle
- Important Note: This installation does not cover modifications to your vehicle. If modifications are required, you may be charged extra for parts and labor at the time of installation. Your installer will inform you of any additional charges before performing the work, so you can approve the charges. Some possible extra charges (parts, labor, or both) include:
- your vehicle features OnStar (or a similar factory security system), the audio portion of which is broadcast through the factory radio, and the installation of your new system requires replacement of the security-system modules
- the factory wiring or dashboard have been cut or damaged as the result of a previous non-professional installation, or theft
- your premium factory system (Bose, Infinity, Monsoon, etc.) requires bypassing with an extra wiring harness
- no installation kit is available for your vehicle, and the installer is required to fabricate a custom-mounting bracket
- your vehicle has factory steering-wheel controls, and you'd like your new system to work with them
- your vehicle requires optional mounting brackets or significant, additional labor due to a complex dash disassembly/reassembly process
- warranty: limited lifetime
InstallCard: In-dash Navigation Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: With this InstallCard (42-1018) a professional installer will install a Mobile Video Player with Navigation or a Mobile Video Player with GPS antenna into your vehicle. Installation includes removing the factory or aftermarket stereo system and mounting the unit in-dash or in an overhead console (where applicable), installing the GPS Antenna and connecting the unit to existing speakers or amplifier. Installation does not include mounting brackets or wiring adapter harnesses which may be extra. Visit www.InstallCard.com for more information.
Disclaimers: This InstallCard (42-1018) does not include the following installation costs:
- If the factory wires or dashboard have been cut or damaged due to a previous non-professional installation or theft.
- Onstar and some other factory security system play through the factory radio and the installation of an after factory stereo may require replacement modules.
- Installation of an external Bluetooth microphone, SiriusXM tuner, or steering wheel remote interface will require additional installation charges.
- If the in-dash DVD player has a satellite antenna that has to be mounted on the dashboard or the exterior of the vehicle.
- In most cases the in-dash DVD player will also take the place of an existing car stereo. In some vehicles, this will require a non-standard installation or rewiring a factory amplifier or steering wheel controls.
- Some vehicles may require optional mounting brackets or additional labor due to the complexity of the existing radio removal.
- If the in-dash monitor or headrest has either an optional or required video input that is not built into the unit and has to be mounted separately in the vehicle (such as a Playstation, DVD or VCR, for example).
- Most headrest units will have a wireless FM modulator that will play the sound through the vehicle's stereo system. If you don't have an FM mod.and you would like one hardwired to the vehicle, there will be additional parts and labor.
- This InstallCard covers a single pre-loaded headrest and not a pair of headrests.
Installation Warranty: Each installation performed using an InstallCard comes with a nationwide limited lifetime labor warranty. If at any time, the installed product becomes inoperable due to a faulty installation the installer will correct the problem at no charge.
Defective Equipment: If the equipment is found to be defective at the time of installation, the installer will remove the defective unit and reinstall a replacement unit (supplied by the customer) at no additional charge. If the installed equipment fails later, after leaving the installation shop, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, the installer will remove and replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for a removal and reinstallation charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I want professional installation from your installer network. [ Carl Dec 19, 2016 ]
Possibly the best solution for my receiver installation. [ Robert Nov 09, 2016 ]
To have my new Pioneer system professionally installed. [ James E. Oct 05, 2016 ]
Didn'twant to do it myself! [ Michael May 25, 2016 ]
1 question already asked
For details on fit or installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on if this will fit and what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Krissy Aug 28, 2015 ] Staff