Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
InstallCard: Security System with Remote Start
Prepaid professional installation of security system with remote start
Our take on the InstallCard: Security System with Remote Start by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Not into "do it yourself" car stereo installations? No problem. With a prepaid InstallCard, you can have your new security system with remote start installed by any professional who's a member of the InstallerNet Network — which boasts more than 1,500 members across the country. You'll get all the benefits of buying your gear from Crutchfield, plus the time savings and peace of mind that come with professional installation.
Note: InstallCard uses a network of independent contractors who are unaffiliated with Crutchfield, and we are unable to evaluate each individual contractor.
How does it work?
Simple. First, enter your zip code to see if there's an InstallCard installer in your area (if you don't see an installer listed, you may wish to call InstallerNet at the number listed below the zip code field. New installers are added to the network frequently, so there may be options available for you that aren't yet listed online). Then, just add this card to your online shopping cart, and proceed through checkout as usual. When you receive the card from us, visit www.installcard.com, enter the unique InstallCard number on the back of the card, and schedule your installation with the local shop.
When you arrive for your appointment at your local stereo shop, just hand over the InstallCard, along with the security gear you've purchased and your Crutchfield invoice (it will be included in the box with your order), and your installation begins. This card covers a professional installation of your security control module with LED status indicator, remote start, ignition starter and kill switch, shock detector, and siren, plus the necessary connections to your factory keyless-entry system.
You can feel confident about the quality of work since every installer on the InstallerNet Network has at least two years' experience and is MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) certified. InstallerNet feels so strongly about the expertise of their installers that they will warranty the labor of your installation for the life of your vehicle.
What does this card cover?
With this InstallCard, the professional installer will install your new security system with remote start in any vehicle with an automatic transmission. Be sure to read the Details below to see what's covered. Please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 if you have any questions.
Important Note: Install Cards are not eligible for refunds once installation work is performed.
- If equipment is determined to be defective during the process of the installation or immediately after while still at the install shop, the installer will swap in its replacement when it arrives at no charge.
- If the Manufacturer's product becomes defective sometime after the initial installation, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, then the installer will replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for an R&R (removal and reinstallation) charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
- If the customer chooses to remove non-defective equipment (swapping for a different brand, for example), Installer Net will charge for a completely new installation.
This thing is great. I made a call and scheduled the appointment with no problems. Customer service was great.
Daniel R., Sheffield Lake, Ohio
What's in the Box:
- Remote Start/Alarm Install Card
- prepaid installation of a keyless entry security system with remote start at your choice of more than 1,500 professional stereo shops
- installation does not cover modifications to your vehicle; if modifications are required, the installer will inform you of any additional charges before performing the work
- to find out if an installer is available in your area, click here to enter your zip code
- for vehicles with automatic transmissions only
- InstallCard services are currently available in all 50 states and Puerto Rico; we cannot ship InstallCards outside these areas.
- installation labor is warranted for as long as you own the vehicle
- Important note: This installation does not cover modifications to your vehicle. If modifications are required, you may be charged extra for parts and labor at the time of installation. Your installer will inform you of any additional charges before performing the work, so you can approve the charges. Some possible extra charges (parts, labor, or both) include:
- some vehicles, including BMWs, Mercedes, Audis, and some exotic vehicles may require additional labor due to complex wiring systems
- some vehicles may require additional trigger modules for complete protection
- warranty: limited lifetime
InstallCard: Security System with Remote Start Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: With this InstallCard (42-1019) a professional installer will install an aftermarket security system with a remote start including a control module with LED status indicator, ignition starter-kill, shock-detector, exterior siren with parking lights, and connect to factory power door locks for keyless-entry. Additional power door lock modules (sold separately) will be required for some vehicles. Basic installation includes all the necessary wiring to install the unit so it will start your vehicle with the signal it receivers from the transmitter, door trigger for alarm with some vehicles requiring additional parts and/or labor for delayed interior lights, hood/trunk triggers, and disabling the factory alarm system. Some vehicle with factory transponders or kill switches may require additional modules to trigger the starting process. Some vehicles may require a non-standard installation due to the complexity of the vehicle.
Disclaimers: This InstallCard (42-1009) does not include the following installation costs:
- European cars, such as BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc. and some exotic vehicles may require additional labor charges due to the complexity of their wiring.
- Some vehicles require additional modules to wire in the vehicle door triggers.
- Trunk pop and window roll up are all optional items and maybe be purchased directly from the installer if so desired.
Installation Warranty: Each installation performed using an InstallCard comes with a nationwide limited lifetime labor warranty. If at any time, the installed product becomes inoperable due to a faulty installation the installer will correct the problem at no charge.
Defective Equipment: If the equipment is found to be defective at the time of installation, the installer will remove the defective unit and reinstall a replacement unit (supplied by the customer) at no additional charge. If the installed equipment fails later, after leaving the installation shop, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, the installer will remove and replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for a removal and reinstallation charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
It only covers the installation. The remote start must either be provided by you or bought from the installer. It also does not cover any additional items required for installation, which varies by make and model. [ Nicolas Aug 17, 2016 ]