Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
InstallCard: Bluetooth Stereo
Prepaid professional installation of an in-dash receiver with Bluetooth®
Our take on the InstallCard: Bluetooth Stereo by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Not into "do it yourself" car stereo installations? No problem. With a prepaid InstallCard, you can have your new in-dash stereo installed by any professional who's a member of the InstallCard network — there are more than 1,500 locations all across the country. You'll get all the benefits of buying your receiver from Crutchfield, plus the time savings and peace of mind that come with professional installation.
Note: InstallCard uses a network of independent contractors who are unaffiliated with Crutchfield, and we are unable to evaluate each individual contractor.
How does it work?
Simple. First, enter your zip code to see if there's an InstallCard installer in your area (if you don't see an installer listed, you may wish to call InstallerNet at the number listed below the zip code field. New installers are added to the network frequently, so there may be options available for you that aren't yet listed online). Then, just add this card to your online shopping cart, and proceed through checkout as usual. When you receive the card from us, visit www.installcard.com, enter the unique InstallCard number on the back of the card, and schedule your installation with the local shop.
When you arrive for your appointment at your local stereo shop, just hand over the InstallCard, along with the in-dash stereo you've purchased and your Crutchfield invoice (it will be included in the box with your order), and your installation begins. And you can feel confident about the quality of work — every installer on the InstallerNet network has at least two years' experience and is MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) certified. InstallerNet feels so strongly about the expertise of their installers that they will warranty the labor of your installation for the life of your vehicle.
What does this card cover?
With this InstallCard, the professional installer will remove your existing in-dash stereo and install your new Bluetooth receiver (or receiver with Bluetooth adapter). The installer will mount the external microphone (if one is included with your receiver), and will pair up the receiver with your Bluetooth phone. Be sure to read the Details below to see what's covered. Please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 if you have any questions.
Important Note: Install Cards are not eligible for refunds once installation work is performed.
- If equipment is determined to be defective during the process of the installation or immediately after while still at the install shop, the installer will swap in its replacement when it arrives at no charge.
- If the Manufacturer's product becomes defective sometime after the initial installation, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, then the installer will replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for an R&R (removal and reinstallation) charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
- If the customer chooses to remove non-defective equipment (swapping for a different brand, for example), InstallerNet will charge for a completely new installation.
Very easy to use.
What's in the Box:
- Car Stereo with Bluetooth Integration InstallCard
- prepaid installation of an in-dash Bluetooth receiver (including mounting an external microphone) at your choice of more than 1,500 professional stereo shops
- InstallCard services are currently available in all 50 states and Puerto Rico; we cannot ship InstallCards outside these areas.
- to find out if an installer is available in your area, click here to enter your zip code
- installation labor is warranted for as long as you own the vehicle
- Important note: This installation does not cover modifications to your vehicle. If modifications are required, you may be charged extra for parts and labor at the time of installation. Your installer will inform you of any additional charges before performing the work, so you can approve the charges. Some possible extra charges (parts, labor, or both) may result if:
- your in-dash stereo includes a satellite antenna that must be mounted on the exterior of your vehicle;
- your vehicle features OnStar (or a similar factory security system), the audio portion of which is broadcast through the factory radio, and the installation of a new in-dash stereo requires replacement of the security-system modules;
- the factory wiring or dashboard have been cut or damaged as the result of a previous non-professional installation, or theft;
- your premium factory system (Bose, Infinity, Monsoon, etc.) requires bypassing with an extra wiring harness;
- no installation kit is available for your vehicle, and the installer is required to fabricate a custom-mounting bracket;
- your vehicle has factory steering-wheel controls, and you'd like your new in-dash stereo to work with them;
- your vehicle requires optional mounting brackets or significant, additional labor due to a complex dash disassembly/reassembly process.
- warranty: limited lifetime
InstallCard: Bluetooth Stereo Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: This InstallCard (42-1020) covers the basic installation labor for a professional Mobile Electronics installer to install an aftermarket car stereo with Bluetooth in-dash. The new stereo will be wired with a vehicle-specific radio harness and antenna cable, and mounted with a vehicle-specific dash kit. For Bluetooth, the external microphone will be mounted, cable routed, and your Bluetooth enabled phone paired. The basic installation labor will not cover additional wiring to bypass a factory amplifier, steering wheel control or Onstar type module. This InstallCard does not cover the parts needed for a professional installation; only the labor.
Disclaimers: This InstallCard (42-1000) does not include the following installation costs:
- If the in-dash stereo has a satellite antenna that has to be mounted on the exterior of the vehicle.
- Onstar and some other factory security system play through the factory radio and the installation of an aftermarket stereo may require replacement modules.
- If the factory wires or dashboard has been cut or damaged due to a previous not professional installation or theft.
- Some vehicle will require additional amplifier bypass harness to rewiring a factory amplifier along with additional labor, for example vehicles that have factory Bose, Infinity or other premium sound system.
- If there is no installation kit available for your dash and the installer may have to fabricate a custom-mounting bracket.
- To make any factory steering wheel controls work with an aftermarket radio will require additional parts and labor.
- Some vehicles may require optional mounting brackets or additional labor due to the complexity of the existing radio removal. For example some cars require the disassemble of a large portion of the dashboard just to remove the radio.
- European cars, such as BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc. and some exotic vehicles may need additional labor due to the complexity of their wiring.
Installation Warranty: Each installation performed using an InstallCard comes with a nationwide limited lifetime labor warranty. If at any time, the installed product becomes inoperable due to a faulty installation the installer will correct the problem at no charge.
Defective Equipment: If the equipment is found to be defective at the time of installation, the installer will remove the defective unit and reinstall a replacement unit (supplied by the customer) at no additional charge. If the installed equipment fails later, after leaving the installation shop, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, the installer will remove and replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for a removal and reinstallation charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
by the expert advice of CJ CJ's Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=141 [ David Aug 27, 2016 ]
Good Value to have stereo installed properly and professionally. [ William Jan 28, 2016 ]
Too Cold to install myself!!! [ Dennis Jan 11, 2016 ]
2 questions already asked
Not sure why you're asking...do you not want them to, or are you asking if there would be an additional charge? In my case, I did want them to. They replaced my current system with the new system and returned the current system to me, and all of that was included with my original InstallCard purchase. I would also mention that they did excellent work - the install looked factory perfect. I am still driving that car with that system and everything still works great. [ Raymond Jan 30, 2016 ]
Hi Nathan, Yes -- the InstallCard includes everything for the install process, which means they'll remove your current system and replace it with the new one. They'll make sure everything is in working order and even show you how to use it! I would highly recommend purchasing this card. Stress free. Best, David [ DAVID Jan 28, 2016 ]
They removed my stereo, hooked up the new one and linked it before leaving. I assume all installers do the same, but as that was my only experience, that's what I know. [ KATHERINE Jan 28, 2016 ]
That was how it worked for us. The only downside is acceptance is really limited make sure that someone local for you accepts it. [ Anthony Jan 28, 2016 ]
Yes, they took out the old system and replaced it with the new one. [ Cynthia Jan 28, 2016 ]
I'm not sure what you are asking. They took out a broken radio and installed a new Bluetooth radio and the microphone. Does that answer it. [ Ben Jan 28, 2016 ]
I bought a replacement (upgrade/update) Bluetooth stereo/CD for my Miata and bought the InstallCard. The installation company removed the factory stereo and replaced it with the Bluetooth system I purchased from Crutchfield. Perfect transaction both with Crutchfield and a seamless hassle-free morning with the installation company. [ Rebecca Jan 28, 2016 ]
These Installcards are very specific. This one only covers installing a receiver with Bluetooth. There are separate cards for speakers. If you type in "Installcard" in the search box on our website you will see all the different types of installs. Hope this helps. [ Kenny Jan 18, 2016 ] Staff