Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
InstallCard: iPod®/MP3 Interface
Prepaid professional iPod/MP3 interface installation
Our take on the InstallCard: iPod®/MP3 Interface by Crutchfield's Tim Sprinkle
Not into "do it yourself" car stereo installations? No problem! With a pre-paid InstallCard, you can have your new iPod or MP3 interface adapter installed by any professional who's a member of the InstallCard network — at more than 1,500 locations all across the country. You'll get all the benefits of buying your gear from Crutchfield, plus you'll save time and gain the peace of mind that comes with professional installation.
Note: InstallCard uses a network of independent contractors who are unaffiliated with Crutchfield, and we are unable to evaluate each individual contractor.
How does it work?
Simple. First, enter your zip code to see if there's an InstallCard installer in your area (if you don't see an installer listed, you may wish to call InstallerNet at the number listed below the zip code field. New installers are added to the network frequently, so there may be options available for you that aren't yet listed online). Then, just add this card to your online shopping cart, and proceed through checkout as usual. When you receive the card from us, visit www.installcard.com, enter the unique InstallCard number on the back of the card, and schedule your installation with the local shop.
When you arrive for your appointment at your local stereo shop, just hand over the InstallCard, along with the interface you've purchased and your Crutchfield invoice (it will be included in the box with your order), and your installation begins. And you can feel confident about the quality of work — every installer on the InstallerNet Network has at least two years' experience and is MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) certified. InstallerNet feels so strongly about the expertise of their installers that they will warranty the labor of your installation for the life of your vehicle.
What does this card cover?
With this InstallCard, a professional will connect your iPod or MP3 interface to your factory or aftermarket car stereo system. Installation includes mounting the base unit and making all of the necessary connections to your system. Be sure to read the Details below to see what's covered. Please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 if you have any questions.
Important Note: Install Cards are not eligible for refunds once installation work is performed.
- If equipment is determined to be defective during the process of the installation or immediately after while still at the install shop, the installer will swap in its replacement when it arrives at no charge.
- If the Manufacturer's product becomes defective sometime after the initial installation, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, then the installer will replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for an R&R (removal and reinstallation) charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
- If the customer chooses to remove non-defective equipment (swapping for a different brand, for example), Installer Net will charge for a completely new installation.
Very easy to use, much cheaper than the car dealers quotes price for install
Katie, Cville, va
What's in the Box:
- iPod/MP3 Player InstallCard
- pre-paid installation of an iPod or MP3 interface at your choice of more than 1,500 professional stereo shops
- InstallCard services are currently available in all 50 states and Puerto Rico; we cannot ship InstallCards outside these areas.
- to find out if an installer is available in your area, click here to enter your zip code
- installation labor is warranted for as long as you own the vehicle
- Important note: This installation does not cover modifications to your vehicle. If modifications are required, you may be charged extra for parts and labor at the time of installation. Your installer will inform you of any additional charges before performing the work, so you can approve the charges. Some possible extra charges (parts, labor, or both) will apply if:
- you need an adapter to connect your changer and another component to your stereo
- you choose to mount your interface using a vehicle-specific bracket (sold separately)
- warranty: limited lifetime
InstallCard: iPod®/MP3 Interface Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview:With this InstallCard (42-1022) a professional installer will install an iPod/MP3 Control Interface to your factory or aftermarket car stereo system. Installation includes mounting the Control Interface or FM Modulator, connecting it to the vehicle's power (for iPod/MP3 player charging), configuring the factory or aftermarket radio adapter cable, and wiring the dock connector to the iPod/MP3 player. Visit www.InstallCard.com for more information.
Disclaimers: This InstallCard (42-1022) does not include the following installation costs:
- Antenna cable connectors are additional items and maybe purchased from the installer, if not purchased at time of equipment sale.
- If your unit is equipped with a display and you would like a more factory look, you may choose to have it mounted on a vehicle-specific bracket. This will allow easy access to your controller and give you the best appearance in your vehicle.
- European cars, such as BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc. and some exotic vehicles may need additional labor due to the complexity of their wiring.
Installation Warranty: Each installation performed using an InstallCard comes with a nationwide limited lifetime labor warranty. If at any time, the installed product becomes inoperable due to a faulty installation the installer will correct the problem at no charge.
Defective Equipment: If the equipment is found to be defective at the time of installation, the installer will remove the defective unit and reinstall a replacement unit (supplied by the customer) at no additional charge. If the installed equipment fails later, after leaving the installation shop, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, the installer will remove and replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for a removal and reinstallation charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.