Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Prepaid installation card for one component subwoofer or non-powered subwoofer enclosure
Our take on the InstallCard: Subwoofer by Crutchfield's Dominic DeVito
Not into "do it yourself" car stereo installations? No problem — with a prepaid InstallCard, you can have your new subwoofer installed by any professional who's a member of the InstallCard network — there are more than 1,500 locations all across the country. You'll get all the benefits of buying your gear from Crutchfield, plus the time savings and peace of mind that come with professional installation.
Note: InstallCard uses a network of independent contractors who are unaffiliated with Crutchfield, and we are unable to evaluate each individual contractor.
How does it work?
Simple. First, enter your zip code to see if there's an InstallCard installer in your area (if you don't see an installer listed, you may wish to call InstallerNet at the number listed below the zip code field. New installers are added to the network frequently, so there may be options available for you that aren't yet listed online). Then, just add this card to your online shopping cart, and proceed through checkout as usual. When you receive the card from us, visit www.installcard.com, enter the unique InstallCard number on the back of the card, and schedule your installation with the local shop.
When you arrive for your appointment at your local stereo shop, just hand over the InstallCard, along with the subwoofer you've purchased and your Crutchfield invoice (it will be included in the box with your order), and your installation begins. And you can feel confident about the quality of work — every installer on the InstallerNet Network has at least two years' experience and is MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) certified. InstallerNet feels so strongly about the expertise of their installers that they will warranty the labor of your installation for the life of your vehicle.
What does this card cover?
With this InstallCard, a professional installer will install a non-powered enclosed subwoofer box that you've purchased, or replace your existing subwoofer in an existing enclosure. Be sure to read the Details below to see what's covered. Please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 if you have any questions.
Important Note: Install Cards are not eligible for refunds once installation work is performed.
- If equipment is determined to be defective during the process of the installation or immediately after while still at the install shop, the installer will swap in its replacement when it arrives at no charge.
- If the Manufacturer's product becomes defective sometime after the initial installation, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, then the installer will replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for an R&R (removal and reinstallation) charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
- If the customer chooses to remove non-defective equipment (swapping for a different brand, for example), Installer Net will charge for a completely new installation.
- prepaid installation of a single subwoofer at your choice of more than 1,500 professional stereo shops
- InstallCard services are currently available in all 50 states and Puerto Rico; we cannot ship InstallCards outside these areas.
- to find out if an installer is available in your area, click here to enter your zip code
- installation labor is warranted for as long as you own the vehicle
- Important note: Heavy speaker wire is not included with this InstallCard, and this installation does not cover modifications to your vehicle. If modifications are required, you may be charged extra for parts and labor at the time of installation. Your installer will inform you of any additional charges before performing the work, so you can approve the charges. Some possible extra charges (parts, labor, or both) may result if:
- your new subwoofer is a different size from your factory subwoofer, which requires modification to the speaker opening
- installation requires drilling new holes in the enclosure or existing subwoofer mounting location to accommodate the new subwoofer
- you're installing a powered subwoofer you'll neeed the amplifier installation card for a powered sub
- warranty: limited lifetime
What's in the Box:
- Subwoofer InstallCard
Overview: With this InstallCard (42-1037) a professional installer will mount a self-included subwoofer in your vehicle. Installation will include mounting the subwoofer and wiring to an amplifier or mounting a subwoofer to an existing enclosure after mounting a self enclosed subwoofer.
Disclaimers: This InstallCard (42-1037) does not include the cost of installation of an amplifier.
Installation Warranty: Each installation performed using an InstallCard comes with a nationwide limited lifetime labor warranty. If at any time, the installed product becomes inoperable due to a faulty installation the installer will correct the problem at no charge.
Defective Equipment: If the equipment is found to be defective at the time of installation, the installer will remove the defective unit and reinstall a replacement unit (supplied by the customer) at no additional charge. If the installed equipment fails later, after leaving the installation shop, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, the installer will remove and replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for a removal and reinstallation charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I want someone who is trusted to install my subwoofer. Especially because I have a hybrid with sensitive electronics.[ Marvin Jun 21, 2016 ]
2 questions already asked
With this InstallCard, a professional installer will install a non-powered enclosed subwoofer box (such as the JL Audio Stealthbox). The InstallCard does *not* include amplifier installation though--a separate amplifier installation card (link: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_597421003/InstallCard-Amp-or-Equalizer.html?tp=962) is required if you want both the amp and sub professionally installed. For more details or to discuss further, please contact an Advisor directly by phone (888.955.6000) or online chat. Thanks![ Larry Aug 29, 2017 ] Staff
This card does not. The amp install card is a better match for a powered subwoofer. You can find it here: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_597421003/item.html I hope that helps!My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=101 [ Paul May 09, 2016 ] Staff