Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
InstallCard: OnStar® Mirror
Prepaid OnStar mirror installation
Our take on the InstallCard: OnStar® Mirror by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Not into "do it yourself" car installations? No problem. With a prepaid InstallCard, you can have your new OnStar mirror installed by any professional who's a member of the InstallerNet Network — which boasts more than 1,500 members across the country. You'll get all the benefits of buying your gear from Crutchfield, plus the time savings and peace of mind that come with professional installation.
Note: InstallCard uses a network of independent contractors who are unaffiliated with Crutchfield, and we are unable to evaluate each individual contractor.
How does it work?
Simple. First, enter your zip code to see if there's an InstallCard installer in your area (if you don't see an installer listed, you may wish to call InstallerNet at the number listed below the zip code field. New installers are added to the network frequently, so there may be options available for you that aren't yet listed online). Then, just add this card to your online shopping cart, and proceed through checkout as usual. When you receive the card from us, visit www.installcard.com, enter the unique InstallCard number on the back of the card, and schedule your installation with the local shop.
When you arrive for your appointment at your local stereo shop, just hand over the InstallCard, along with the OnStar mirror you've purchased and your Crutchfield invoice (it will be included in the box with your order), and your installation begins. This card covers the removal of your factory mirror and a professional installation of your OnStar mirror.
You can feel confident about the quality of work since every installer on the InstallerNet Network has at least two years' experience and is MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) certified. InstallerNet feels so strongly about the expertise of their installers that they will warranty the labor of your installation for the life of your vehicle.
What does this card cover?
With this InstallCard, the professional installer will install your new OnStar mirror. Be sure to read the Details below to see what's covered. Please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 if you have any questions.
Important Note: Install Cards are not eligible for refunds once installation work is performed.
- If equipment is determined to be defective during the process of the installation or immediately after while still at the install shop, the installer will swap in its replacement when it arrives at no charge.
- If the Manufacturer's product becomes defective sometime after the initial installation, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, then the installer will replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for an R&R (removal and reinstallation) charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
- If the customer chooses to remove non-defective equipment (swapping for a different brand, for example), Installer Net will charge for a completely new installation.
What's in the Box:
- OnStar FMV InstallCard
- prepaid installation of OnStar mirror at your choice of more than 1,500 professional stereo shops
- InstallCard services are currently available in all 50 states and Puerto Rico; we cannot ship InstallCards outside these areas.
- to find out if an installer is available in your area, click here to enter your zip code
- installation labor is warranted for as long as you own the vehicle
- Important note: This installation does not cover modifications to your vehicle. If modifications are required, you may be charged extra for parts and labor at the time of installation. Your installer will inform you of any additional charges before performing the work, so you can approve the charges.
- warranty: limited lifetime
InstallCard: OnStar® Mirror Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: With this InstallCard (832-1003) a professional installer will install the aftermarket OnStar FMV into your vehicle. Installation includes securing the mirror to the windshield using the existing mounting tab on the windshield, or by applying an aftermarket adapter tab included in the package. Also includes wiring it to the vehicle ground, ignition, and accessory connections. Wires will be hidden and routed through the vehicle's interior pillar or headliner. Some units will require additional mounting adapter (sold separately).
Disclaimer: This InstallCard covers the basic installation of the OnStar FMV unit. Any additional parts and labor will be determined before the install is completed and billed separately to you. Other restrictions:
- Some vehicle mirrors have functionality (garage door opener, lights, sensors, etc) that may be lost if the mirror is replaced. It is not the installer's responsibility to replace those features.
- Some vehicles will require mounting a new mounting tab or using an adapter to mount to the original tab which is sold separately.
- Installation is not recommended on vehicles with non-OEM quality windshields, or windshields older than ten years.
- Mirror cannot be mounted in certain vehicles due to windshield angle, windshield height, or in vehicles where safety equipment or displays (airbag, rearview cameras) would require removal.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
For additional details on fit or installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Kenny May 22, 2017 ] Staff