Belkin Wemo® Smart Dimmer
2-pack of wireless smart dimming wall switches
From Belkin: WeMo Dimmer
Our take on the Belkin Wemo® Smart Dimmer by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The free Wemo app lets you set up a convenient lighting schedule.
Dim your lights without leaving the couch
The dining room light fixture in my childhood home had an old-fashioned rotary dimmer attached to it. I played with it endlessly, partly because I wanted the light a certain way, and partly because it was so cool. This 2-pack of Belkin Wemo Smart Dimmers lets children and grown-ups alike make adjustments from a convenient smartphone app. You can even use a voice-control assistant like Amazon Alexa or Google Home.
Smart, convenient lighting
Sure, you can manually control the dimmer, but you may find there are times when you want a pre-programmed level of brightness for a common task.
Night Mode lets you set your dimmer to turn on to a lower light level when you're winding down before bedtime.
If you use the Nest Learning Thermostat to set a daily "home" and "away" schedule, you can make your lighting part of the routine.
You can even set a schedule or manually turn lights off and on so it looks like you're home when you're out of town.
- package of two Belkin Wemo® Smart Dimmers
- remotely turn on, turn off, or dim your lights
- free Wemo control app for Apple® and Android™ devices
- control multiple Wemo switches with a single app button
- schedule your lights to turn off and on when you're away
- works with Nest Learning Thermostat to synchronize your daily "home" and "away" schedule
- compatible with:
- maximum wattage: 400 watts incandescent
- replaces a single-pole light switch
- includes mountable wall plate
- 1-3/4"W x 5"H x 3-5/16"D (each)
- weight: 6 oz. (each)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2 Wemo smart light dimmers
- 2 Face plates (installed)
- 8 Wire nuts
- Quick Start Guide
- FCC Statement
Package Overview: This Wemo Wi-Fi Smart Dimmer bundle contains two Wemo Smart Dimmers (F7C059).
Wemo Smart Dimmer: The Wi-Fi-enabled Wemo Smart Dimmer from Belkin, along with the Wemo App for your Apple iOS or Android mobile device allows you to control your lights from inside or outside your home using your Apple iOS or Android device. It works with your existing Wi-Fi network and anywhere your smartphone or tablet has an Internet connection (3G or 4G LTE). In addition to app control, the Wemo Smart Dimmer lets you manually dim or brighten the lights directly at the dimmer. The dimmer fits into a standard single- or multi-switch box, but is not compatible with 3-way switches.
Note: The dimmer works with all incandescent bulbs, but not all LED and CFL bulbs.
Wemo Collection: The Wemo Smart Dimmer is part of Belkin's Wemo home automation system. The Wemo collection of products are designed to work together via the free Wemo App so that you control and monitor as much or as little of your home as you like. You can easily add additional Wemo products (sold separately) at any time to any room to control and monitor multiple devices or appliances. The number of Wemo products you can control depends on the number of wireless devices your wireless router can support.
Network Requirements: Wemo operates via your home's wireless network over Wi-Fi and is compatible with 802.11 b/g/n, 2.4GHz wireless networks. It also supports WPA, WPA2, and WEP securities. The wireless range of the Wemo home automation system will be dependent on your home's wireless network, but can reach up to 300'. The Wemo system can be controlled inside or outside of the home:
- Inside The Home: Wemo uses your home network to create its own "Wemo network". Using the free Wemo app on your Apple iOS/Android device, you can control your Wemo system from anywhere in your home. You can easily control multiple Wemo units from one device or different mobile devices running the Wemo app.
- Outside The Home: Remote Access is automatically enabled when you set up the Wemo system, as long as the network you are using has an Internet connection. With remote access enabled, you can control the Wemo system from anywhere your iOS or Android device has an Internet connection. This includes other Wi-Fi networks or your 3G/4G mobile connection. When the Wemo App is launched outside your home, the App contacts the Belkin cloud, the cloud redirects the phone's request to the appropriate Wemo unit(s), and then you can see and control all of your Wemo devices.
DIY Installation: The Wemo Smart Dimmer was designed for DIY installation. The included faceplate seamlessly clicks onto the wall and hides the screws underneath. If you don't want to install it yourself, a certified electrician and professional Wemo installer can connect the Wemo Smart Dimmer for you. The Smart Dimmer should not be used with metal face plates, as they interfere with Wi-Fi signals.
Bulb Compatibility: The Wemo Smart Dimmer will work with incandescent bulbs with a maximum of 400 watts (single gang box) or 250 watts (double or multi-gang box), and LED/CFL bulbs with an actual (not equivalent) wattage rating of 150 watts. The dimmer will self-calibrate, based on the type of bulb being used, so you can enjoy the maximum dimming range without flickering.
Wemo App (for Apple iOS and Android): The Wemo Smart Dimmer works with the free Wemo App, available from the Apple App Store or Google Play, for devices running iOS 9 or later or Android 4.4 or higher. The app also allows you to set up everyday schedules, as well as schedules for when you're on vacation. The Wemo App supports up to six mobile devices on the same local network. On the app, you can perform the following tasks:
- Management: You can view all of your Wemo devices and manage them from the app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Rules and Schedules: The app allows you to create and manage a variety of Rules and Schedules for your Wemo products.
Voice Control: The Wemo Smart Dimmer works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant for hands-free voice control over your lights.
Night Mode: You can choose a Night Mode for use at specific times to prevent bright-light blinding late at night. Whether you're checking in on sleeping kids or raiding the fridge, the Night Mode turns on the lights at a lower-than-normal level to give you enough light to see, but not enough to disturb others.
IFTTT: If This Then That (IFTTT) is a service that allows you to combine different online services together. By integrating Wemo with IFTTT, Wemo can be triggered by a variety of online services including email, weather, phone calls, Twitter, Facebook, and many more. IFTTT can send you push notifications about light activity, and more.
Works With Nest: The Wemo Smart Dimmer can be paired with Nest's Thermostat, and use Nest's Home and Away modes to sync with the dimmer for automatic lighting control. Nest can tell when you're at home or away, and can help you conserve energy by keeping lights off when you're away and turn them on when you get home.
- Smart Dimmer: 1.715" (w) x 4.132" (h) x 1.987" (d)
- Faceplate: 3.292" (w) x 5.021" (h) x 0.25" (d)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.