Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
SIRIUS SC-VDOC1 Car Kit
SiriusConnect™ car dock for dock-and-play radios (subscription sold separately by SiriusXM)
Our take on the SIRIUS SC-VDOC1 Car Kit by Crutchfield's Zak Billmeier
If you already own a SIRIUS dock-and-play or portable radio, this SC-VDOC1 kit allows you to control it with your SIRIUS-compatible in-dash receiver. The kit contains a dock for your SIRIUS radio, a micro-antenna, a car mount, and a connecting cable. SiriusConnect adapters are available for select factory radios, and for select aftermarket receivers from Alpine, Clarion, Eclipse, Harman Kardon, JVC, Kenwood, and Sony.
Once you place your compatible SIRIUS radio in the dock, the connecting cable carries the signal to the brand-specific SiriusConnect adapter, which allows 2-way communication between the SIRIUS radio and your stereo. You can use the controls on your car stereo to surf SIRIUS channels, and view artist and song info on your receiver's screen. Best of all, you can carry your dock-and-play SIRIUS radio into your home so you only need one subscription.
Easy to install. Worked first time. Worked with my slightly older Clarion in dash navigation and radio.
What's in the Box:
- Universal SiriusConnect dock with Starmate/Stratus adapter installed
- 15' SiriusConnect interface cable
- Sirius vehicle antenna with attached 21' cord terminated by an SMB connector
- Dash mount
- Sportser 3/4 adapter
- SL10/SL100 Adapter
- SL2 Adapter
- Mounting screw
- 4 Large machine screws with attached lock-washer
- 1 Small machine screw
- Rubber antenna tail cover
- Alcohol wipe
- User Guide
- Warranty note
- Sirius channel guide
- Sirius logo sticker
- SiriusConnect car kit for dock-and-play radios
- contains dock for your SIRIUS radio, a micro-antenna, a car mount, and a connecting cable
- requires a brand-specific adapter to interface with your car stereo
- allows you to control your dock-and-play SIRIUS radio with your car stereo
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
SIRIUS SC-VDOC1 Car Kit Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The SCVDOC1 SiriusConnect Vehicle Docking Kit turns your Sirius Dock & Play or Portable radio into a dedicated tuner, allowing you to control your Sirius radio from the headunit in your vehicle. The SCVDOC1 SiriusConnect Vehicle Kit allows Sirius Dock & Play and Sirius Portable radios with universal docking capability to be connected to and controlled by select Sirius-Ready aftermarket radios, select OEM radios, and other Sirius compatible controllers when combined with a specific SiriusConnect interface adapter.
Compatibility: The SCVDOC1 is designed to work with select Sirius-Ready or SAT Radio Ready headunits with the use of a SiriusConnect Interface adapter (sold separately). The SCVDOC1 is compatible with Sirius Dock & Play and Portable radios.
- Sirius Radios: The SiriusConnect Vehicle Docking Kit supports the Sirius Stiletto, Sportster, Starmate, and Stratus radios that have the Sirius Universal Docking Connector.
- Sirius Ready Headunits/Interfaces: The 607SCVDOC1 is compatible with the following Sirius Ready Headunits using the following Sirius adapters: Kenwood (113KCASR50), Clarion (020CLASC1), Eclipse (099ECLSC1), JVC (105KSRA100), Pioneer (130CDSB10), Panasonic (133PANSC1U), Alpine (500KCASC10) and Sony (607SNYSC1).
Sirius Radio Adapters: The SCVDOC1 comes supplied with four radio adapters which allow you to connect the various models of Sirius Plug & Play tuners mentioned above. The four adapters fit the following Sirius radios.
|Radio Adapters||Compatible Sirius Radios||Dock Dimensions With Adapter (without Sirius radio)|
|Adapter 1 (pre-installed)||Sportster 5, Starmate 3/4/5/8, Stratus & Stratus 4/7||Width = 2.105"
Height = 1.925"
Depth = 1.975"
|Adapter 2||Sportster 3 & 4||Width = 4.235"
Height = 1.925"
Depth = 1.975"
|Adapter 3||Stiletto 10 & 100 (The Stiletto 10 & 100 require v1.1 software or higher to support SiriusConnect mode.)||Width = 2.105"
Height = 1.925"
Depth = 1.975"
|Adapter 4||Stiletto 2||Width = 2.105"
Height = 1.925"
Depth = 1.975"
Connections: The following connections are found on the SCVDOC1 SiriusConnect Vehicle Docking Kit.
- Sirius Dock Connector: This proprietary connector plugs into the bottom of your compatible Sirius Plug & Play radio.
- SiriusConnect Interface Connector: The supplied 15' SiriusConnect interface cable plugs into this proprietary port which is connected to the SCVDOC1 by a 19" pigtail. The other end of the supplied SiriusConnect interface cable plugs into the optional Sirius adapter, sold separately.
- Antenna Connector: The supplied Sirius Antenna connects to this SMB connector which is attached to the SCVDOC1 by a 19" pigtail. The supplied Sirius antenna features an attached 21' cord and a magnetic base to mount the antenna on the outside of your vehicle.
Mounting: There are two mounting options available for mounting the SCVDOC1.
- Mounting Screw: The SCVDOC1 can be surface mounted to a flat surface of your vehicle using the supplied mounting screws.
- Mounting Adapter: The SCVDOC1 can also be mounted using the supplied pedestal mount which screws into the back of the SCVDOC1 and then mounts to a clean, flat surface of your vehicle via its adhesive backing. The mount will allow you to adjust the angle of the SCVDOC1, as well.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
fits my current satellite radio [ Stephen Nov 11, 2016 ]
I wanted a dock that would connect to the rear of my stereo so that I could clean up the front of the unit and not have the XM radio plugged in to the front of the unit and cluttering up the dash. [ W Aug 03, 2016 ]
I need this to interface my Sportsster 5 in my Motorcoach. [ Donald Jul 03, 2016 ]
4 questions already asked
Works with almost all radios through FM radio or through aux input. Radios marked "sat ready" or "Sirius ready" are controllable through the head unit with the included interface cable. I mounted the antenna in my dash and have excellent reception. The portability is cool with the home kit you can listen to sat radio at work or while camping [ EDWARD J May 01, 2015 ]
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: We do not have any models that this can work with. Typically, it will be your 2008 to 2012 GPS receivers. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Apr 28, 2015 ] Staff
You will want to contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat to discuss compatibility with your factory system. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and see if this will integrate. If it does not, then they will also be able to discuss other options with you. [ Krissy Mar 24, 2015 ] Staff
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there is a way to replay the songs. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Jeff Feb 24, 2014 ] Staff
i dont know if it is compatible. i connected the car kit to a clarion cmd6 marine stereo. before i purchased the kit i checked to make sure it was compatible. you should be able to check the manuals online to see if they are compatible. [ JAMES Feb 04, 2014 ]
I leave got.thaf part set [ MICHAEL J Feb 04, 2014 ]