Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
SiriusConnect Sony Adapter
Control a SIRIUS dock-and-play radio or universal tuner from your Sony stereo (Model SNYSC1)
Our take on the SiriusConnect Sony Adapter by Crutchfield's Zak Billmeier
The SNYSC1 adapter lets you control a SIRIUS satellite radio with your compatible Sony stereo. This adapter works with SIRIUS-ready Sony stereos, letting you control either of the following:
The SNYSC1 adapter sends song text to the Sony stereo's display, and lets you browse SIRIUS channels by using your Sony stereo's controls. The adapter powers your satellite radio and includes a pass-through connection, so you can add another piece of Sony gear to your car stereo system. Warranty: 1 year.
See the "Crutchfield Hands-on Research" tab for a full compatibility list.
Note: A subscription to SIRIUS is also required. Satellite radio service is available only within the lower 48 states not available in Hawaii or U.S. territories. Limited service is available in Alaska.
worked perfectly with my sony radio. this cleaned up the clutter from those add-on tuners.
m, clifton, nj
What's in the Box:
- Sony compatible SiriusConnect interface module
- 8' UniLink data cable
- 3' Power/Ground harness
- 8' Stereo RCA cable
- 4 Self-tapping mounting screws
- Installation+User Guide
- Warranty sheet
SiriusConnect Sony Adapter Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The SiriusConnect SNYSC1 is a specially designed interface module that allows select Sony satellite-ready headunit to operate with select Sirius Satellite Radio Tuners.
Compatibility: The SNYSC1 interface can be connected to either the SCC1 SiriusConnect Vehicle Tuner (607SCC1, sold separately) or the SCVDOC1 SirisuConnect Vehicle Dock (607SCVDOC1, sold separately) along with a compatible Dock & Play or portable Sirius tuner attached. The SNYSC1 module is compatible with select Sony Satellite Radio-ready headunits.
Connections: The SNYSC1 is equipped with the following connections.
- SC Input: proprietary 8-pin port to connect the optional SCC1 tuner or the SCVDOC1 dock
- Audio Out: stereo RCA connection which connects to the UniLink audio input on your Sony headunit using the supplied 8' stereo RCA cable
- UniLink Out: proprietary Sony UniLink port used to connect to the UniLink connector on your Sony headunit via the supplied 8' UniLink connector cable
- Audio In: stereo RCA connection which connects to the audio output of a Sony CD-changer, iPod adapter or other UniLink compatible device
- UniLink In: proprietary Sony UniLink port used to connect to a Sony CD-changer, iPod adapter, or other UniLink compatible device
- Power Connector: connects to the vehicle's DC power/ground using the provided power harness (yellow connects to a positive DC voltage source; black wire connects to vehicle ground
Mounting: The SYNSC1 can be mounted in three different ways.
- By using the attached mounting plate with the provided screws to secure the device to a flat surface of your vehicle.
- By removing the mounting plate from they SNYSC1, and instead mounting it directly to a clean, flat surface using either double-side stick tape, hook and loop, or other adhesive material (none provided).
- By attaching the SNYSC1 and the Sirius SCC1 tuner together. To connect the devices together, simply remove the mounting brackets from each device, rotate the brackets 90-degrees, and connect them together using the supplied mounting hardware.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.