Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Sonos® Bundle 90
Wireless music system with non-amplified player and controller
Our take on the Sonos® Bundle 90 by Crutchfield's Tara W.
So much music, so little time
Think of all the songs you ever transferred from CDs to your PC. Think of all the music you might download from iTunes® today, tomorrow, or next year. How much more enjoyment would you get from all those songs if you could browse through them and play them back in the comfort of your living room? This Sonos bundle is a great way to gain easy access your personal music collection, as well as lots more listening options available on the Internet. It connects to your home theater receiver, stereo amplifier, or just about any other home audio system.
This bundle includes one Sonos ZonePlayer 90, plus one handheld Sonos Controller CR200. The ZonePlayer 90 makes a wired connection to your home PC network, and it has analog and digital outputs for your audio system or receiver. Its footprint is remarkably compact less than 5-1/2" square so you can easily hide this player in a rack of gear or tuck it away near a small tabletop radio.
If the audio system in your living room isn't wired into your network, we recommend adding the Sonos ZoneBridge, which automatically creates its own wireless network with all the ZonePlayers and Controllers in your system. (It works great, and it's incredibly simple to get up and running.)
Simple touchscreen control in the palm of your hand
The main attraction of this system is the Sonos Controller CR200, a remote that's set the standard for user-friendly multi-room music control. Use its touchscreen for instant access to every song stored on your PC along with a wealth of tunes available from the Internet. The touchscreen makes it easy to search for your favorite music by album, song, or artist name. You can even use this remote to create customized playlists on the fly. The Controller also gives you the ability to mute or adjust the volume of your ZonePlayer.
Control your system using an iPhone® or iPod touch®
You can also use an iPhone or iPod touch to control your Sonos system. A free download from the App Store at apple.com turns your player into a full-fledged Sonos controller. Use your player's touchscreen to control all music sources in your system.
Compatible with popular music services
The Sonos system works seamlessly with a host of Internet-based digital music services, including Rhapsody®, Pandora®, last.fm, Napster®, and SIRIUS Internet Radio. Rhapsody offers instant access to millions of songs and ad-free radio stations through your Sonos Controller. SIRIUS Internet Radio gives you access to over 80 channels of programming. Every Sonos system includes free 30-day trials of these two services, so you can start listening the moment you take it out of the box. Pandora and last.fm create customized Internet radio streams just for you all you have to do is enter the name of your favorite song or artist. And because Sonos connects directly to the Internet for all of these music services, you don't even have to turn on your PC.
Easy system expansion up to 32 rooms
System expansion is hassle-free. Just add more ZonePlayers anywhere you want to enjoy your music the Sonos system can accommodate up to 32. And you can listen to the same music through every player in your system perfect for parties or select a different playlist for each room, so that each family member can enjoy their favorite music at the same time.
Sonos ZonePlayer 90:
- connects to your home network or computer via a wired Ethernet connection
- communicates with other optional ZonePlayers via proprietary Sonosnet 2.0 wireless technology, or wired Ethernet connections
- Sonosnet 2.0 features a greater wireless range than previous version
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, and Ogg Vorbis files (firmware is upgradable to support future audio formats)
- compatible with protected WMA files from Napster, Urge, AOL, and many other music download sites
- not compatible with protected AAC files from iTunes
- plays MP3 and WMA streaming Internet radio stations
- plays songs from Rhapsody digital music service subscription required after free 30-day trial
- plays songs from SIRIUS Internet Radio subscription required after free 30-day trial
- plays personalized Internet radio stations from Pandora and last.fm
- allows connection of an audio component such as a CD player, FM tuner, or a portable music player (music from such sources can be played back on any ZonePlayer in your system)
- front-panel controls for volume and muting
- bass, treble, balance, and volume controls accessible via remote
- analog stereo input and output
- 2-port Ethernet switch
- coaxial and optical digital audio outputs
- 5-7/16"W x 2-15/16"H x 5-1/2"D
Sonos Controller CR200:
- controls volume and music selection for any ZonePlayer in your house, from any room in your house
- touchscreen display provides easy browsing and searching of your digital music library by artist, album, genre, track name, composer, or playlist
- lets you build, play, and save music playlists for each room or group of rooms in your Sonos system
- 3-1/2" color LCD screen (640 x 480 resolution) displays control menus, song information and album art (if available)
- motion sensor enables auto turn-on whenever Controller is picked up
- buttons for easy operation of common functions, like volume and mute
- built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- charging cradle included
- 2-15/16"W x 4-1/2"H x 11/16"D
- accesses music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs, or NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices
- control your Sonos system with your iPhone or iPod touch free download available from the App Store at apple.com
- software CD-ROM for easy system setup (Windows® and Mac)
- supported operating/file storage systems: Windows® XP SP2 or higher, Windows Vista, Mac OS X v10.3 or later, CIFS for NAS devices
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- broadband Internet connection and router recommended for firmware updates and Internet radio
What's in the Box:
- Sonos CZ090 Single Room Promo Bundle:
- Sonos ZP90 ZonePlayer:
- ZP90 ZonePlayer
- 6' AC power cord
- 5' Ethernet cable (with male RJ-45 plugs on each end)
- 6' Audio patch cable (with 3.5mm miniplug on one end and stereo RCA plugs on the other end)
- 3' Audio cable (stereo RCA plugs on each end)
- Sonos System Setup Software CD-ROM discs (version 080401)
- Setup Guide
- Customer Service Support information
- Limited Warranty information
- Sonos Controller 200:
- CR200 Sonos Controller
- Rechargeable Li-ion polymer battery (installed)
- Charging cradle
- AC power supply with attached 6' DC cord (5V/2A)
- Quick Setup Instructions
- Sonos Support Team contact sheet
Overview: The Sonos CZ090 Single Room Bundle includes a Sonos ZonePlayer 90 and a Sonos Controller 200 which allows you to access music stored on your PC and Internet Radio over a wired or wireless network connection through your connected home theater or stereo receiver.
ZonePlayer: The Sonos ZP90 ZonePlayer works exclusively with the Sonos Digital Music System. In a multi-room sound system, the first ZonePlayer is connected to your home network, and each subsequent ZonePlayer can be wired or completely wireless (except for power and speaker connections). The ZP90 is non-amplified, so it will need to be connected to a separate receiver/amplifier or to a pair of powered speakers.
Controls: The ZonePlayer only has a mute button and a rocker-type volume control, both mounted on the front of the unit. Between the buttons lies a ZonePlayer LED status indicator, which flashes white when powering up or connecting to the Sonos Digital Music System, and lights solid white when powered up and connected to the music system.
Zones: You can place a ZP90 ZonePlayer in each zone where you want to listen to music. The Sonos Digital Music System can accept up to 32 ZonePlayers (either ZP90 or ZP120 with a built-in amplifier) and up to 32 Sonos Controllers (616CR200 or 616CR100). With multiple zones, you can choose to play the same song in different rooms, or different songs in different rooms.
Placement: It is not necessary to place the ZonePlayer in a visible place in the home. Although the unit has mute and volume controls on the front, it can be fully controlled using the included CR200 controller. Typically, the ZonePlayer is placed in the crawl space in a house, and used to drive in-wall or in-ceiling speakers.
Range: The transmitting range of the ZP90's built-in wireless system is approximately 100 feet, depending upon your home's layout. Thick walls, microwave ovens, and the presence of other wireless devices can interfere with or block the wireless network signals of the Sonos Digital Music Signal. When interference occurs, you can relocate the ZonePlayer, change the wireless channel, or make a wired (Ethernet) connection.
Desktop Controller Software: The supplied setup disc contains the software for the Desktop Controller, which allows you to control the Sonos Digital Music System from your home computer. It includes easy-to-use wizards for setup and music sharing so the music folders on your hard drive can be shared across all ZonePlayers. You can also add Internet Radio stations and set preferences for online updates. Once the system is set up, all you need to do is choose your music, choose your zone and press Play. The Desktop Controller is compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7; as well as Macintosh OS X (10.4 or higher) operating systems.
Sound Settings: From your computer, you can change the sound settings for each individual ZonePlayer in the system. Adjustable sound settings include volume, bass, treble, balance, and loudness.
Music Storage: Your digital music files can be stored on your computer, music server, a network-attached storage (NAS) box, or an external source like a CD player.
Simple Installation: Setting up the ZP90 is quick and easy. No technical or wiring expertise is required and no need to break through walls or re-wire your entire house. All you need is a high-speed Internet connection and a router to get started. One ZonePlayer or ZoneBridge in your system must be connected to the router and all the rest will work wirelessly. You can add more ZonePlayers in more rooms without additional wires.
2-Port Ethernet Switch: There are 2 female RJ-45 connectors for plugging in Category 5 Ethernet cables. You can connect a router, computer, or an additional network device, such as a network-attached storage (NAS) device. Specifications: 10/100 Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX.
Analog Inputs: You can connect an external source, such as a portable music player or a CD player, to the unit's left and right RCA jacks. The input jacks automatically detect a device is connected, and the source appears in the system. Music from the external source can be played in any zone. The volume is controlled by the Sonos Digital Music System, however, the playback (pause, music selection, etc.) must be controlled at the source.
Analog Outputs: The ZP90 is equipped with stereo RCA jacks for connecting the ZonePlayer to a separate amplifier or receiver. The stereo RCA jacks have a variable audio output, with the volume controlled by the CR200 Controller or the ZP90's front panel volume controls.
Digital Outputs: The player has both coaxial and optical digital outputs for connecting the unit to a receiver or amplifier with digital inputs.
Hardware: In order to play the digital music files stored on your computer throughout the Sonos Digital Music System, you must meet the following hardware requirements:
- Ethernet: You must have an Ethernet network interface connection in your computer. If you do not have one, you will need to buy and install a Network Interface Card (NIC) before setting up your system.
- Modem: It is highly recommended that you have a DSL/cable modem, or LAN-based high-speed Internet connection. It is not designed for a dial-up system.
- Router: If you have a cable or DSL modem connected directly to your computer, you should have a router connected between your modem and your computer to maintain your computer's security. If you don't have a router, you will need to buy and install one before setting up your system.
System Requirements: In addition to the above-described hardware, your computer must have the following:
- CPU: 500 MHz processor or better
- RAM: 128MB RAM minimum/256MB RAM recommended
- Compatible Operating Systems: Windows XP (SP2 or higher), Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Macintosh OS X (Version 10.4 or higher)
- Compatible Playlist Formats: Rhapsody, MusicMatch, Windows Media Player, WinAmp, or iTunes
- Compatible Play Formats: MP3, WMA (not including
lossless), AAC (MPEG4), WAV/LPCM (uncompressed), AIFF (uncompressed), FLAC
(lossless), Ogg Vorbis, Apple Lossless, and Audible Format 4. The unit is
firmware upgradeable to support future audio formats.
- Note: Apple "Fairplay" and Microsoft "Plays-for-Sure" DRM-encrypted files are not currently supported.
Automatic Updates: The ZP90 allows for free automatic software updates so you will always have the newest features and music services to enjoy. Simply register the ZP90 and Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available. By simply pressing one button your system updates itself.
Controller: The Sonos CR200 Controller works exclusively with the Sonos Multi-zone Digital Music System, and allows you to control all of your music and all of your zones wirelessly from the palm of your hand.
Sonosnet: The controller communicates with the included ZP90, or nearest ZP90 or ZP120 ZonePlayer through Sonosnet, a secure, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network, allowing you to extend the range of the controller to any room in your house, even outside. Because it communicates with the nearest ZonePlayer, rather than through one distant control point, the system avoids sources of wireless interference. The range of the Sonosnet is 50 to 100 feet, a range similar to that of an 802.11g wireless access point.
Rechargeable Battery: The CR200 is powered by a high-density rechargeable Lithium Ion polymer battery (1850mAh). Assuming typical usage, a fully charged battery will last from 2-5 days (depending on usage pattern and sleep timer settings).
Charging Cradle: The CR200 also comes with a charging cradle so you can easily charge the controller's battery when it is not in use. The charging cradle will recharge the battery in approximately 2 hours (full charge).
- Width = 5.375"
- Height = 2.9375"
- Depth = 7.205"
- Width = 2.875"
- Height = 4.5625"
- Depth = 0.8125:
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.