TP-Link Archer C2300
AC2300 dual-band Wi-Fi® router
Our take on the TP-Link Archer C2300 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The TP-Link Archer C2300 has four fast LAN ports for making wired connections, and USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports (not pictured) for sharing content across your network.
A serious router for heavy-duty streaming
If you're streaming 4K content, gaming online, or listening to high-res music files, you know a basic router won't cut it. The TP-Link Archer C2300 is packed with advanced features that help reduce lag, judder, and inconvenient buffering in the middle of the best scene in the whole movie.
A fast 1.8GHz dual-core processor with MU-MIMO (multi-user, multiple-input, multiple-output) technology plays traffic cop when everyone's using the Wi-Fi at the same time. Then you can tweak performance to suit your unique needs by using beamforming to "aim" signal where you need it most. Airtime Fairness makes sure your older, slower devices don't impinge on your newer (and, let's face it, cooler) stuff. And RangeBoost improves connectivity for devices located farther away from the router.
The C2300 has four LAN ports with Gigabit Ethernet capability, so you can make wired connections for bandwidth-hungry devices like a 4K TV or high-res music server. USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports make it easy to connect external drives to share photos, videos, and music with everyone on your home network.
When you use the C2300, everything on your wireless network is protected by an umbrella of WPA/WPA2 and 64/128-bit WEP encryption. In addition, parental controls let you restrict access, control usage, and block specific devices from accessing the internet, so younger members of the family can surf the 'net safely.
- 802.11ac simultaneous dual-band 2.4 & 5GHz Wi-Fi (600 Mbps + 1625 Mbps)
- three high-powered radio amplifiers with external antennas broadcast strong Wi-Fi® signal
- beamforming helps aim Wi-Fi coverage where it's needed most
- fast 1.8GHz dual-core 64-bit CPU with two co-processors
- free Tether app for Android™ and iOS® devices
- create a separate, password-protected Wi-Fi network for guests
- parental controls let you restrict access, control usage, and block specific devices from accessing the internet
- 512MB RAM and 128MB flash memory
- security: WPA/WPA2 and 64/128-bit WEP encryption
- MU-MIMO connects more Wi-Fi devices at once for faster performance
- Airtime Fairness intelligently routes bandwidth to improve performance
- Smart Connect automatically places each device on the best available Wi-Fi band
- RangeBoost improves Wi-Fi connection to devices located farther away
- one WAN input for connecting to the internet
- four 10/100/1000 LAN Gigabit Ethernet ports for making wired connections to your devices
- one USB 2.0 and one USB 3.0 port to wirelessly access and share connected USB hard drives and printers
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 8-1/2"W x 1-7/16"H x 6-1/2"D (without antennas)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Dual-band WiFi router
- 3 Detachable antennas
- AC power adapter (attached 57" DC cord)
- 47" Ethernet cable
- Quick Installation Guide
- Wi-Fi Info Card
- GNU General Public License Notice
WiFi Router: The TP-Link Archer C2300 router is designed to fully meet the need of smaller home & office networks, and users demanding higher networking performance. The powerful antennas ensure continuous WiFi signal to all your devices while boosting widespread coverage throughout your home, and the built-in Ethernet ports supply high-speed connection to your wired devices. In addition, it is simple and convenient to setup and use the TP-Link router due to its intuitive web interface and the Tether app for Apple iOS or Android.
64-Bit CPU & XStream Processor: With XStream processor architecture, the Archer C2300 dedicates one processor to each of its WiFi bands. These processors handle WiFi traffic, freeing the router's powerful 1.8 GHz dual-core 64-bit CPU to take care of everything else. The result is fast transmission speeds, support for more devices, and high-speed applications - all done simultaneously.
802.11ac (Wave 2) w/ NitroQAM Technology: TP-Link's Archer C2300 comes with the next generation WiFi standard, 802.11ac (Wave 2), which is 3x faster than wireless-N speeds. It also incorporates NitroQAM (1024QAM) which boosts WiFi speeds by 25% to significantly improve performance. With 802.11ac (Wave 2) & NitroQAM Technology, Archer C2300 boosts the WiFi Speed up to 1625Mbps on 5GHz and 600Mbps on 2.4GHz. It can perfectly handle your favorite activities like gaming online, watching 4K movies, or sharing large files.
Simultaneous Dual Band: The Archer C2300 operates over both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, ensuring great wireless performance. Simultaneous Dual Band offers you the flexibility of two dedicated networks, with multiple times the bandwidth for your needs. Simple tasks like sending e-mails or web browsing can be handled by the 2.4GHz band, while bandwidth intensive tasks like online gaming or HD video streaming can be processed by the 5GHz band - all at the same time.
MU-MIMO + Smart Connect: MU-MIMO lets the Archer C2300 talk to several devices at once, and Smart Connect automatically places each device on the best available WiFi band. With both working together, everyone in your home can get online at the same time without having to wait, and each device can always get the best connection.
QoS (Quality of Service) + Airtime Fairness: QoS (Quality of Service) is designed to ensure the efficient operation of the network by making it easier for you to manage the bandwidth of connected devices. You are able to create rules to specify prioritization of traffic and minimize the impact caused when the connection is under heavy load. Airtime Fairness equally divides attention among all your devices, letting your high-speed devices transfer more data and improving network efficiency and performance.
Beamforming & RangeBoost Technologies: Beamforming technology locates the connected devices and further improves the Archer C2300's range and the signal strength to each mobile device, delivering a more reliable and efficient wireless connection. RangeBoost amplifies the router's ability to detect and receive WiFi signal from devices that are located farther away. Now you can stream, game, and enjoy what you love anywhere in your home.
3 External Omni-Directional Antennas: With 3 external omni-directional antennas combined with higher quality antenna technology, you can maintain high speeds across greater distances. This provides you with incredible wireless coverage and reliability from anywhere in your home or office.
Gigabit Ethernet Ports w/ Link Aggregation: With one gigabit WAN Ethernet port and four gigabit LAN Ethernet ports, speeds can be up to 10x faster than standard Ethernet connections. Link aggregation accelerates data transfer to network-attached storage (NAS) devices by combining two separate Ethernet ports into a 2Gbps connection. The Archer C2300 is a powerful hub to support a robust and extremely fast wired network.
TP-Link Tether App: The TP-Link Tether app (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.3+) provides the easiest way to access and manage your network with your Apple iOS or Android device. From quick setup to parental controls, the TP-Link Tether app provides a simple, intuitive user interface to see the router's status, online client devices, and privileges.
- Simple Setup: Use the Tether app to set up your new TP-Link router from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. Setup the network name, password and internet settings to get online in no time.
- Control & Update via the Cloud: With a unique, exclusive TP-Link ID, you have the power to manage your Router, DSL Modem Router or Repeater anywhere, anytime from Apple iOS or Android device with data coverage (cellular or WiFi). The Tether app will also alert you of any firmware updates to ensure the best, most advanced WiFi experience in your network. So if you need to reboot, update, or reconfigure your home router while at the office or on vacation - the TP-Link will let you do it.
- Live Network Management: With the Tether app, you can see who is connecting to your network and block those who shouldn't be there at the touch of a button on your compatible mobile device.
- Manage Administrators: The Tether app also helps you designate the devices or users that can manage the TP-Link routers or range extenders and set the permission rules that comes with it. With a URL-based list, you can choose websites that are safe to visit. In addition, control and limit access to the network to certain times of the day for users in the child list.
Intuitive Web Interface w/ Quick Setup Wizard: In addition to the TP-Link Tether, app you can use TP-Link's web-based utility with its Quick Setup Wizard to setup the router. The Quick Setup Wizard will guide you step-by-step during set up of the router. The web-based utility can be used on any Windows, Mac OS or UNIX OS with a Web browser - such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari.
Multifunctional USB 2.0/3.0 Ports: With one ultra-fast USB-A 3.0 port and one USB-A 2.0 port, you can access and share a printer as well as your files and media locally. Through the router's FTP server, you can also access your files and media from network devices remotely. USB 3.0 provides up to 10x faster USB hard drive access than previous generation USB 2.0. By default, all the network clients can access all folders on your USB devices. You can customize your sharing settings by setting a sharing account, sharing specific contents and setting a new sharing address on the router's web management page.
- Media Sharing: Media Sharing allows you to view photos, play music and watch movies stored on the USB device directly from DLNA-supported devices - such as your computer, tablet, TV, etc.
- Print Sharing: Printer Sharing helps you share a printer with different computers connected to the router.
- Offline Download: With Offline Download enabled, the router can download files without keeping your computer powered on all the time.
Guest Network: Guest Network Access provides secure WiFi access for guests sharing your home or office network. This function allows you to provide WiFi access for guests without disclosing your main network. When you have guests in your house, apartment, or workplace, you can create a guest network for them. In addition, you can customize guest network options to ensure network security and privacy.
Parental Controls: The router's parental controls allow you to block inappropriate, explicit and malicious websites, and control access to specified websites at specified time.
Security Encryption: The TP-Link router supports WEP and WPA2 security encryption (64-/128-bit) on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. You can even use WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) technology to automatically and securely add wireless devices to your network.
Network Security: You can protect your home network against DoS (Denial of Service) attacks from flooding your network with server requests using DoS Protection, block or allow specific client devices to access your network using Access Control, or you can prevent ARP spoofing and ARP attacks using IP & MAC Binding.
- SPI Firewall & DoS Protection: The SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection) Firewall and DoS (Denial of Service) Protection protect the router from cyber attacks. The SPI Firewall can prevent cyber attacks and validate the traffic that is passing through the router based on the protocol. DoS Protection can protect your home network against DoS attacks from flooding your network with server requests.
- Access Control: Access Control is used to block or allow specific client devices to access your network (via wired or wireless) based on a list of blocked devices or a list of allowed devices.
- IP & Mac Binding: IP & MAC Binding, namely, ARP (Address Resolution Protocol) Binding, is used to bind network device's IP address to its MAC address. This will prevent ARP Spoofing and other ARP attacks by denying network access to an device with matching IP address in the Binding list, but unrecognized MAC address.
Note: The router's wireless network name (SSID) and password, and security option are preset in the factory. The preset SSID and password can be found on the label of the router. You can customize the wireless settings according to your needs.
Dynamic DNS Service Account: Most ISPs assign a dynamic IP address to the router and you can use this IP address to access your router remotely. However, the IP address can change from time to time and you don't know when it changes. In this case, you might apply the DDNS (Dynamic Domain Name Server) feature on the router to allow you and your friends to access your router and local servers (FTP, HTTP, etc.) using a domain name without checking and remembering the IP address.
VPN Acceleration Server: The VPN (Virtual Private Networking) Server allows you to access your home network in a secured way through internet when you are away from home or the office. The Archer C2300 not only supports safe and secure OpenVPN and PPTP VPN connection, but also uses VPN Acceleration to boost the connection speed. All of the data you're transmitting is guaranteed to be secured by these VPN functions.
IPv4 & iPv6 Supported: The Archer C2300 supports both IPv4 and IPv6. iPv6 is the next generation of Internet protocol, helping you to future-proof your network.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Looking for more? Check out the next model in this lineup.
Tri-band Wi-Fi with advanced features
The TP-Link Archer C5400 offers these features:
802.11ac simultaneous tri-band 2.4 & 5GHz Wi-Fi (1000 Mbps + 2167 + 2167 Mbps)
8 external antennas maximize wireless coverage
Advanced NitroQAM™ and 4-Stream technology adds Wi-Fi speed