Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Premium 6-Speaker Home Theater Installation
Our take on the Premium 6-Speaker Home Theater Installationby Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
Today's hectic lifestyles mean we can't always find the time or energy to do all the things we'd like to. But why deny yourself and your family and friends the enjoyment of a high-definition TV or multichannel surround sound system just because you don't have time to install the gear? Let INSTALLS inc take the hassle and worry out of installation so you can get straight to the fun.
Note: INSTALLS inc uses a network of independent contractors who are unaffiliated with Crutchfield, and we are unable to evaluate each individual contractor.All home theater and flat-panel TV installations include:
- Pre-installation phone survey to review actual work to be performed and to confirm installation appointment.
- A pre-installation site survey upon the installer's arrival at your home will be completed, and if applicable, any additional charges will be quoted and approved prior to the start of the job.
- Programming of up to two non-learning remote control devices to operate connected components.
- Cleanup of work area, including removing any packaging from your home.
- Limited professional installation labor warranty for one year.
- Obtain your satisfaction sign-off on completed work order.
- Connecting your newly purchased audio and/or video components in one room.
- The integration of newly purchased audio and/or video component(s) into a preexisting, functioning system, located in the same room. Audio or video components include: TV, VCR, DVD, DVR, Internet TV, video game unit, audio receiver, amplifier, CD player, CD recorder, audio tape deck, MiniDisc player, home theater speaker system, and/or home-theater-in-a-box.
- Mounting up to six (6) speakers (mounting brackets not included) on wall or ceiling.
- If you purchased in-wall speakers, installing speakers in standard drywall-type wall or ceiling.
- Neatly connecting and grouping all wires, and concealing speaker wires in walls, ceiling, or using neat wire management system.
- Finishing off all wall fished cables with either a wall bushing or a wall plate.
- Utilizing installer-provided matching or paintable track molding, if the wall has inadequate access for standard wall fishing.
- An educational demonstration of the newly purchased components (up to 20 minutes).
A Crutchfield Audio/Video Designer will contact you to ensure that you have everything necessary for your installation. You will then be contacted by INSTALLS inc within 48 hours to schedule your installation appointment. You can reach INSTALLS inc at 1-800-344-4856 (9am-10pm ET, 7 days a week).
Note: Installations are available to physical addresses in the lower 48 states. Not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico. Services are for private residential installations only. To explore installation options for your commercial application, please call our Audio/Video Designers.
Preliminary info from the manufacturer
1 question already asked
1 answer Is this just a How To or does it include speakers? My newly built home is pre-wired (5 in-ceiling speakers & 1 in-wall for Subwoofer). What can you recommend on a Budget of no more tan $100.00 per Speaker. I need 12 total ( which includes 2 Subwoofers) 6 for my Theater Room & Six for my Family Room. [ John Apr 13, 2015 ]
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: Check it out, these charts tell you exactly what you get for the installation price;http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/InstallsInc.aspxFor a recommendation, I would definitely lean towards a Polk setup considering the Budget;http://www.crutchfield.com/I-rXYEc111/cart/EmailCart.aspx?emKey=1250913The in wall subs are very pricey. If you're open to a non inwall sub, you would get a sweet discount on sweet Polk subs that would put you into a very nice price point.If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat.[ Krissy Apr 14, 2015 ] Staff