Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
5-disc CD changer
Item # 642CC4003 | MFR # CC4003
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Marantz CC4003 by Crutchfield's Loren Barstow
Keep the tunes flowing at your next party or listening session with the Marantz CC4003. It holds up to five CDs, including home-burned CD-Rs and CD-RWs, plus your MP3 and WMA mixes. No matter what kind of disc you play, the CC4003 employs a high-grade digital-to-analog converter to faithfully reproduce your music with rich detail and a full, convincing soundfield. And you don't need to stop the fun when cuing up the next few albums the CC4003 lets you change up to three discs without interrupting playback of the current selection.
Analog and digital outputs let you connect the CC4003 to any stereo or home theater receiver. Custom installation conveniences include a detachable AC power cord, an RS-232C port for third-party controls, and an IR flasher input for remote repeater systems. This makes the CC4003 an especially good choice if you're planning a whole-home audio system, or if you keep your components hidden away in a cabinet.
An OK unit to replace my ancient relic............Little choice for great cd changers these days. very slow and noisy transport, with good tone. Should have held out for an Oppo! Using HK 3490 and PSB imagine B
Mike R, Raleigh, NC
What's in the Box:
- 5-Disc CD changer
- 6.5' AC cord
- Wireless remote (RC003CD)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 3' RCA stereo patch cord
- 2' Coaxial digital cable (with one RCA plug on each end)
- User Guide (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- USA Warranty Information
- Canada Warranty Information
- Transport screws removal note
- plays CDs, CD-Rs & CD-RWs, and MP3 & WMA CDs
- 5-disc carousel with disc exchange
- random and repeat play
- display dimmer
- aluminum/reinforced resin front panel
- optical and coaxial digital outputs
- gold-plated stereo analog outputs
- headphone jack with volume control
- remote control input/output (for use with Marantz receivers and amps with a compatible remote control in/out jack)
- RS-232C port for automated control systems
- IR input for remote repeater systems
- detachable power cord
- high-performance Cirrus Logic CS4392 digital-to-analog converter
- signal-to-noise ratio 110 dB
- 17-5/16"W x 4-1/2"H x 17-9/16"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Marantz CC4003 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|CD Transport Only||No|
|Direct Track Access||Yes|
|Direct Disc Access||Yes|
|Multiple CD Player Control||No|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|CD Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||110 dB|
|SACD Frequency Response||Not Compatible|
|SACD Dynamic Range||---|
|Digital Optical Output||1|
|Digital Coaxial Output||1|
Aluminum/Reinforced Resin Front-Panel: The Marantz CC4003 5-Disc CD changer features an aluminum/reinforced resin front panel to reduce vibration
CS4392 High-Performance D/A Converters: The CC4003 uses a Super-Audio CD grade 192kHz/24-bit Cirrus Logic CS4392 D/A converter to provide exceptional sound quality.
CD Playback Technology: During CD play, the PCM signals recorded on the disc are oversampled to 128fs inside the D/A converter and then processed by a combination of the dynamic element matching (DEM) and multi-element switched capacitors to achieve playback characterized by a high linearity.
Disc Compatibility: The Marantz CC4003 5-Disc CD Changer can play CD, CD-R, and CD-RW discs. The CD changer also supports MP3/WMA-encoded CD-R and CD-RW discs as well. MP3/WMA files should be recorded in ISO9660 Level 1 or 2 with a constant or variable bit-rate of 32-320 kbps (for MP3) and 48-192 kbps (for WMA). The CC4003 can recognize up to 99 MP3/WMA folders, 255 MP3/WMA tracks per folder, and a total of 999 MP3/WMA tracks per disc. This unit does not support ID3-tag information.
Display: The CC4003 features a Dot Matrix FL display. The unit has 3 display brightness settings (Bright, Dim, Dark).
Direct Disc Access: The CD changer features Direct Disc Access from the unit's front-panel and its supplied IR wireless remote control.
Disc Exchange: While playing a disc in the CC4003, you can change out the four other discs.
20 Track Music Calendar: A linear music calendar appears at the bottom of the display, and lights up with the number of tracks on the currently selected disc, up to 20. An "arrow" icon indicates the presence of 21 or more tracks. After a track has been played, the number for that track disappears from the calendar display. In addition, the tracks selected during Program Play appear in the music calendar display, and disappear after they are played.
Playback Options: The CC4003 provides the following options for disc playback:
- Direct Search: Directly enter the track number on the remote control to play the desired track on a particular disc.
- Track Skip: Skip to the next or previous track or the beginning of the current track.
- Forward/Reverse Search: For searching for a particular part of the current track, you can search forward or backward.
- Repeat Play: You can repeat playback of one track, an entire disc, or all the discs.
- Random Play: You can play all tracks of a particular disc or all the discs in random order.
- Program Play: You can arrange and play tracks from all the discs in a specific sequence. Up to 50 tracks can be programmed. As you are selecting tracks, the display will show the number of tracks in the program, and the total playing time of the programmed tracks. During program play, you can repeat the entire list of programmed tracks, or play them in random order.
- AMS: The Automatic Music Search feature will play the first 10 seconds of each track on a particular disc or all the discs. When you find the song you want to listen to, you can press the AMS or play buttons for normal playback.
Wireless Remote Control: The unit comes supplied with a dedicated full-feature IR wireless remote control.
Built-In Remote Codes: Because the unit features five sets of built-in remote control code signals for between the unit and remote control unit, up to five CC4003s can be installed in your system and can be remotely controlled independently.
Gold Plated Outputs: The CD changer features gold plated outputs in order to offer the best connection for your system.
Digital Outputs: Two digital outputs, one optical (Toslink) and one coaxial (RCA), are provided for sending signal to the digital input terminals of a receiver, outboard D/A converter, or CD recorder.
Analog Output: The CD changer also features a stereo RCA input for analog connection.
Headphone Output: The unit has a front panel 1/4" headphone jack with level control.
Remote Control: Two RCA jacks (1 "in" and 1 "out") are provided for connecting the player and another Marantz A/V component for system remote control purposes. The accompanying switch allows you to select the remote control mode you desire: External (when the player is connected to another component's remote control jacks) or Internal (when the player is used as a standalone component).
RS-232C Port: The unit's RS-232C port supports both unit control and operating status transmission which allows central control via custom installations.
Flasher In: The unit's Flash input is equipped to allow wired control when you cannot use remote control due to installation application.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.