Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Stereo integrated amplifier
Our take on the Marantz PM6004 by Crutchfield's Jim Richardson
Sound that reflects your good taste
In the PM6004, Marantz uses only the finest ingredients and design chops honed by decades of experience to develop a complex, yet well balanced sonic flavor profile. With all discrete components inside (not a single integrated circuit), the PM6004 reproduces the nuances of your music with stunning clarity and pinpoint placement of instruments across a wide, deep soundstage. A toroidal power transformer means low noise and high current output for breathtaking dynamics and tightly controlled bass. Don't hesitate for a moment to mate the PM6004 with 4-ohm loudspeakers.
Marantz invites you to hear the truth and nothing but the truth. A source direct mode bypasses the tone controls to provide the cleanest signal possible.
GREAT AMP, GREAT PRICE, PHONO INPUT TO BOOT, MATCHED UP WITH THE CD6004 THE SOUND IS HARD TO BEAT, I HAVE IT TIED INTO SOME INFINITY P363'S FANTASTIC SOUND, LOW DISTORTION WITH THE VOLUME TURNED UP HIGH, WILL NEVER USE ALL THE POWER, GREAT UNIT.
What's in the Box:
- Integrated Amplifier
- 68" AC power cord
- RC003PM wireless remote
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Operating Instructions (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- US Warranty information
- Canadian Warranty information
- 45 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.07% THD
- 60 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz)
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- current feedback amplification for accuracy and control under high-drive conditions
- frequency response 10-70,000 Hz (+0dB, -1dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 102 dB (line in), 83 dB (phono)
- iPod® integration (requires optional Marantz IS301)
- 6 stereo RCA audio inputs (including MM phono input)
- 2 stereo RCA audio outputs for recording
- Source Direct mode bypasses tone control circuits for cleaner sound
- full-size headphone jack
- front-panel switching for 2 pairs of speakers
- transparent screw-type speaker connectors
- detachable power cord
- remote operates other Marantz A/V components
- 17-3/8"W x 4-1/8"H x 15-3/8"D
- weight: 16.3 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Marantz PM6004 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms)||45|
|Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms)||50|
|Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms)||60|
|Minimum Impedance||4 ohms|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||102|
|Digital Music Features|
|Built-in DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)||No|
|High-resolution Audio Playback||No|
|Total Analog Inputs||6|
|Optical Digital Inputs||No|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||No|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
2Ch Integrated Amplifier: The Marantz PM6004 is a two-channel integrated amplifier rated at 45 watts x 2-channels into 8-ohms & 60 watts x 2-channels into 4-ohms. The amplifiers themselves are custom-designed entirely with discrete components so you don't suffer any of the built-in limitations of off-the-shelf integrated circuits.
Current Feedback Amplifier: The Marantz PM6004 features current feedback design. This unit uses a high-speed current feedback amplifier circuit for its preamplifier and power amplifier so that signals from the your audio source can be amplified with high fidelity. This extraordinary circuit accurately tracks quickly changing, wide bandwidth musical signals for greater resolution of fine musical detail. The high-speed current feedback amplifier reproduces a natural sound space.
High Quality Audio Design: This unit has a high-quality audio design such as a minimized signal path, use of high sound quality parts, and large power circuits; which is possible only in discrete audio components.
- High-Power Output: This unit features a slim-line body, but utilizes a large power supply for dynamic music reproduction with high-power.
- Symmetrical Circuit Layout: To achieve the best possible sonic performance, signal paths need to be short, direct & mirror imaged. The construction of the integrated amplifier's circuitry provides improved stereo imaging by ensuring close to perfect symmetry between right & left channel layout
- Shottky Diodes: A Shottky diode is a special type of diode with a very low forward-voltage drop compared to normal diodes. This lower voltage drop translates into higher system efficiency. Shottky diodes have very fast signal handling, can easily stay higher temperatures and are sensitive very low voltages.
- Toroidal Transformer: A toroidal transformer has several advantages over a normal EI core transformer. It is very efficient & therefore delivers more power compared to the same size of an EI core transformer. In addition, due to its shape, the electromagnetic radiation & the mechanical vibration are extremely low all ending in a better sound quality.
Aluminum/Glass-Reinforced Resin Front-Panel: The integrated amplifier's front panel uses a carefully chosen combination of aluminum & glass-reinforced resin to create a distinctive three dimensional appearance. Indirect reflecting blue LEDs indicating input selection, heighten its elegant appearance.
Protection Circuit: The integrated amplifier's Protection Circuit is activated in the following situations.
- If the speaker cable wire touches the rear-panel or screws; or if the speaker cable wire touches the speaker cable's positive & negative sides together.
- If the surround temperature is extremely high.
- If the inside of the amplifier gets hot from extended use at a high output.
Auto Standby Mode: With the Auto Standby Mode "On", this unit will automatically enter the Auto Standby Mode after approximately 30 continuous minutes of no output from the speakers or headphones.
Master Power: A mechanical switch turns the main power on/off. When off, the remote has no effect. When on, the remote can be used to switch between on and standby.
Input Selector: A rotary knob is used to select the input source (Phono, CD, Tuner, AUX/DVD, Recorder 1/2,) for listening.
Speakers: These buttons turn the speaker output to the speakers connected to the Speaker System A/B terminals on the rear panel On and Off.
Source Direct: There is a Source Direct switch so you can bypass tone and balance controls for the shortest signal path from input to output. When source direct is engaged the bass, treble, and balance circuits are bypassed.
Tone Control: This unit has a tone control function for adjustment of bass (low frequency) and treble (high frequency) sound to produce your preferred sound.
- Bass: A rotary knob to adjust the bass output; +/-10 dB @ 100 Hz.
- Treble: A rotary knob to adjust the treble output; +/-10 dB @ 10 kHz.
Balance: A rotary knob to adjust the left/right balance.
Loudness: The Loudness features compensates for human hearing characteristics by boosting the bass and treble response at low volume levels to achieve a more pleasing tonal balance.
Remote Control: The supplied wireless remote will control the PM6004 & Marantz CD players, DVD players, tuners, or tape decks.
Gold-Plated Speaker Terminals: The speaker system A & system B outputs are gold-plated binding posts. They are not 5-way posts, but will accept banana plugs (single/dual), pin connectors, & bare wire.
Gold-Plated Inputs/Outputs: The PM6004 is fitted with gold-plated stereo RCA inputs & outputs.
- Line Inputs: The CD, Tuner, & Aux/DVD inputs are gold-plated stereo RCA connectors.
- Recorder: Recorder 1 (CD-R) & Recorder 2 (MD/Tape) have gold-plated stereo RCA inputs/outputs.
- Phono (MM): The RCA phono input will accept moving magnet (MM) cartridges. There is a ground terminal beside the phono input.
Remote control: An RCA input and an RCA output are used with other compatible Marantz components using the D.BUS remote system, CD player, DVD player, Tuner, etc. This allows the included remote to control the other Marantz components.
Flasher In: This 3.5mm terminal is to control the unit from another zone with an optional keypad (sold separately).
Headphone: A standard 1/4" headphone jack is on the front panel. The speaker outputs are not automatically muted when you plug in headphones so the speakers must be manually turned off.
AC Outlets: The Marantz PM6004 is fitted with two switched & one un-switched AC power outlets to connect your other A/V components.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.