Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
7.2-channel home theater receiver with Apple AirPlay®
Our take on the Marantz SR5007 by Crutchfield's Marshall Chase
Home theater for you and a dozen of your closest friends
Somehow, your buddies always seem to wind up at your place when it's game time or movie time. They know that with the Marantz SR 5007 in charge of your system, everyone in the room will hear and feel the impact of whatever high-def entertainment you have cued up. Solid amplification and advanced processing combine with outstanding surround sound and video performance. Let the fun begin.
Convenient iTunes® playback with AirPlay®
Apple's easy-to-use AirPlay technology lets you access your favorite music from your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch®. You'll be able to control iTunes and see music information — including album art, track titles, and artist info on your compatible Apple device, or on your TV. Of course you can connect your iPod easily to the front-panel USB port's direct digital connection. You'll love the great sound as your music gets the top-notch treatment of the receiver's audio circuitry instead of the iPod's. AirPlay requires a wireless home network and a wired connection between the receiver and network.
Use your smartphone as a remote
Download a free app and your Android™ or iPhone® becomes a convenient Wi-Fi® remote. This intuitive app is unimpeded by the obstacles that block line-of-site reception for typical infrared-based remotes, so you can be in the bedroom and turn up the sound in the living room without touching the receiver. Requires connection to a wireless home network.
A well of music that never runs dry
With the click of a cable in the rear Ethernet port you literally open a door to a world of music. Choose from thousands of Internet radio stations or explore online services like SiriusXM or Pandora Internet radio. You can even stream music and pictures from your home network.
Quick and easy setup and control
The Marantz SR5007 has an on-board setup assistant to help you make all the right connections for your system. Use the supplied microphone to analyze sound from different listening positions, then sit back as the receiver automatically adjusts level, equalization, and delay settings for each of your speakers. The result is accurate response across a wide listening area instead of just a single "sweet spot," so everyone in the room can enjoy precisely balanced home theater sound.
This receiver meets my expectations , clear sound , easy installations , enough power for a midsize room . , This is a home theater receiver more than an amplifier . Marantz makes only fine audio , not like other companies making AUDIO /VIDEO and cheap sound stereos.
Mike M, Brownsville, TX
What's in the Box:
- 7.2ch AV receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC017SR)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Audyssey Setup Mic (ACM1HB)
- FM wire antenna
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM (En/Fr/Sp)
- Getting Started guide (En/Fr/Sp)
- USA Warranty Information
- Canada Warranty Information
- Important Safety Instructions
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, Pro Logic® IIz, and DTS Neo:6
- Audyssey Laboratories' MultEQ® auto setup and room calibration system (microphone included)
- M-DAX (Marantz Dynamic Audio eXpander) for better sounding MP3s and other digital music files
Digital Music Options:
- built-in Apple AirPlay® for ultra-convenient iTunes® music playback
- direct digital connection of iPod®/iPhone® via the front-panel USB port bypasses your player's digital-to-analog converter for better sound
- Ethernet port for music and JPEG streaming from a wired PC network, and control via a PC
- DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) certified to ensure optimal compatibility with other DLNA-enabled equipment
- access Internet radio stations and digital streaming services (broadband connection required)
- optional streaming services include VTuner Internet radio, SiriusXM Internet radio and Pandora® Internet radio (registration and subscription may be required)
- wireless Bluetooth® capability with optional Marantz Bluetooth receiver
- dual-room/dual-source output
- powered stereo audio output for 2nd room
- using powered 2nd-room output allows 5.1 home theater in main room
- optical/coaxial digital and HDMI audio sources are not output to Zone 2
- USB and network-connected sources cannot be played back in different Zones at the same time
Audio Performance Features:
- 192kHz/24-bit digital-to-analog converters for all channels
- direct mode switches off unnecessary circuitry to provide cleaner sound
- detachable power cord
- 1080p-compatible HDMI digital video switching (6 in, 1 out)
- HDMI version 1.4 with support for 4K, 3D video, Audio Return Channel, Deep Color, x.v.Color, auto lip-sync, and HDMI-CEC
- Audio Return Channel function receives digital audio signals from a compatible HDTV's tuner via HDMI
- component video switching (2 in, 1 out)
- composite video switching (3 in, 1 out)
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 2 coaxial
- 1 audio-only input
- no phono input to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- 7.1-channel analog audio preamp input
- 7.2-channel analog audio preamp outputs
- preamp outputs for 2 powered subwoofers
- RS-232C port for automated control systems
- direct IR flasher input
- 1 pair of main speaker outputs
- on-screen display for easier system setup and operation (via HDMI only)
- first-time setup assistant
- free Marantz remote app lets you use your iPod touch®, iPhone® or Android device as a Wi-Fi® remote
- sleep timer
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- 56 AM/FM presets
- multibrand remote
- 17-5/16"W x 6-5/16"H x 14-3/8"D
- weight: 22.3 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Marantz SR5007 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
7-Channel Discrete Amplifier: The Marantz SR5007 is equipped with a power amplifier that reproduces high-fidelity sound in surround mode with equal quality and power for all channels, true to the original sound. The power amplifier circuit adopts a discrete-circuit configuration that achieves high-quality surround sound reproduction. The 7 channel amplifier is rated at 100 watts with 2 channels driven (20-20kHz, 8-ohms, 0.08% THD).
Amplifier Assignment: The SR5007 supports up to 7.2 channels (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, and SW) for surround playback defined by the Blu-ray disc format. The seven amplifier channels built into the receiver are typically used for 7.2 channel surround in the main room, but there are various amplifier configurations to accommodate your home theater setup:
- Normal: The SR5007 is designed to be used as a 7.2ch surround sound receiver with front left/right, center-channel, surround left/right, and surround back left/right channels along with a preamp subwoofer output.
- Bi-Amp: You can configure the amplifier for front bi-amp operation to achieve a higher-quality 2-channel sound by connecting the receiver's front and surround back channels to your main front speakers (if compatible). Receiver will be limited to 5.2ch surround.
- Front B: A second set of front speakers can be powered by the surround back amplifier. Receiver will be limited to 5.2ch surround.
- Front Height: To enjoy Dolby Pro Logic IIz you can reassign the power amp from the two surround back channels to the two front height channels for better front effects.
- Zone 2: The surround back channel amplifier can also be assigned to power stereo speakers in Zone 2. Receiver will be limited to 5.2ch surround.
High Current Power Supply: The Marantz SR5007 AV surround receiver employs a high current linear power supply with an EI core power transformer for high-quality sound playback.
Isolated Audio Circuit Board: The carefully-optimized audio signal path rests on a separate circuit board for maximum performance as well as isolation from interferences generated by high speed video processing.
24-bit/192-kHz DACs: The Marantz SR5007 utilizes a 192 kHz/24 bit D/A converter on each of the unit's seven channels for exceptional sound quality. The 192kHz sampling and 24-bit word length capabilities of the DACs allows you to play high-resolution recordings and hear the increased clarity, detail and dynamic range of those recordings.
Digital Signal Processing (DSP): The Marantz SR5007 is equipped with a high-resolution Analog Devices (ADSP21487) 32-bit Digital Signal Processor (DSP). All elements of the Surround Processor are optimized to the highest standards by the use of selected high performance and discrete components, particularly the A/D and D/A converters and the sophisticated DSP surround decoder. The SR6007 is equipped with various surround modes to reproduce a variety of surround sound effects, according to the content of the source to be played. The receiver features Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD, DTS and DTS-HD decoding; as well as offers Dolby Pro Logic II (x/z) audio processing.
- Dolby Digital: Dolby Digital, Dolby, Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD
- DTS: DTS, DTS-ES, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express, DTS 96/24, DTS Neo: 6
- Dolby Pro Logic: Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Pro Logic IIz
Note: Dolby Digital and DTS listening modes can only be selected if your audio source is connected to the A/V receiver via a digital audio connection (HDMI, optical, or coaxial). To enjoy true 7.1ch Dolby Digital TrueHD and DTS-HD surround sound, the receiver must be connected to your Blu-ray player via HDMI.
Audyssey Technology: The SR5007 features a full package of Audyssey audio technologies for optimal sound quality. Audyssey Dynamic Volume offers real-time volume adjustment, while Audyssey DynamicEQ improves your system's surround effects during low volume levels. Audyssey MultEQ XT automatically sets speakers to suit your room's listening environment and the speakers' characteristics.
- Audyssey MultEQ XT: Audyssey MultEQ XT technology helps
create an optimal acoustic profile for your home theater. Using the included
setup microphone, Audyssey MultEQ XT measures sound levels and adjusts
speaker configuration accordingly, making setup fast and easy. This room
acoustic measuring and correction system analyzes (via the included
microphone) the audio characteristics of your speaker system and your
listening environment at up to 8 measurement points and automatically
tailors the sound for top audio fidelity. You can set the Audyssey MultEQ XT
to one of the following modes.
- Audyssey: Optimizes the crossover point, output level, delay time, and equalization of all speakers based on speaker frequency response, speaker location, and room acoustics.
- Audyssey Bypass L/R: Optimizes all speakers except front left and right.
- Audyssey Flat: Optimizes frequency response of all speakers to flat.
- Manual: Adjusts the tonal quality for each speaker individually using the manual equalizer settings; adjust from -20 to +6 dB at 63 Hz, 125 Hz, 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz, 4 kHz, 8 kHz, and 16 kHz.
- Off: Turns equalizer off.
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume: Audyssey Dynamic Volume solves the problem of large variations in volume level between television programs, commercials, and between the soft and loud passages of movies. Dynamic Volume addresses the issue of commercials that are too loud and movie soundtracks with vast differences between soft and loud passages; the results are more intelligible dialogue, loud passages maintain impact, and soft whispers are heard clearly. When the volume level changes, Dynamic EQ also adjusts the frequency response to maintain sound quality. You can set the Dynamic Volume to Day (low), Evening (middle), Midnight (high), or off.
Surround Parameters: You can adjust the following surround mode parameters:
- Dolby Pro Logic II Music Settings: While listening in
the Dolby Pro Logic II Music format, there are three further enhancements
you can adjust:
- Panorama: Broadens the front stereo image to the surround speakers to provide a wraparound effect, especially effective when there is limited output from the surround channels, panorama can be turned on/off in the menu.
- Dimension: Allows you to move the sound field forward or backward.
- Center Width: Allows you to adjust the width of the center channel.
- Center Image: In the Neo:6 Music mode, the Center Image feature adjusts the output of the left and right channels relative to the center channel, allowing you to make the center channel more or less dominant as needed. This improves the image of the center channel, especially when the listener is off-center. Adjustment varies from 7 (nothing subtracted from the L/R channels) to 0 (L/R channel output is cut in half).
- Height Gain: Adjust the volume (Low/Mid/High) of the Front Height channels in Dolby Pro Logic IIz.
Stereo Modes: The Marantz SR5007 surround receiver also provides two-channel stereo and multi-channel stereo playback, as well a virtual surround from two stereo speakers.
- 2CH Stereo: This is the mode for playing in 2-channel stereo; bass and treble can be adjusted and sound is output from the front left and right speakers, along with a connected subwoofer.
- Multi-Channel Stereo: This mode lets you enjoy stereo sound from all speakers.
- Virtual Speaker: Enjoy surround effects using only the front speakers or headphones.
Direct Modes: The Marantz SR5007 offers two Direct sound modes which offer high-quality sound by bypassing the receiver's DSP & video circuitry.
- Source Direct: In this mode the 2ch audio signal is played in its original form, without any surround or tone processing. Multichannel audio signal is played in its original form, without any tone processing.
- Pure Direct: This mode is for playback in higher sound quality than in Direct mode. The display and analog video circuitry are turned off to minimize the possibility of any noise being added to the signal.
M-DAX: Compressed audio formats such as MP3, WMA (Windows Media Audio) and MPEG-4 AAC reduce the amount of data by eliminating signal components that are hard for the human ear to hear. The M-DAX function generates the signals eliminated upon compression, restoring the sound to conditions near those of the original sound before compression. It also corrects the sense of volume of the bass to obtain richer sound with compressed audio signals.
HT-EQ: The tonal balance of a film soundtrack will be excessively bright and harsh when played back over audio equipment in the home. This is because film soundtracks were designed to be played back in large movie theater environments. Activating the receiver's HT-EQ feature when watching a film made from movie theaters corrects this and restores the correct tonal balance.
Dynamic Range Compression (DRC): Motion picture soundtracks have tremendous dynamic range (the contrast between very soft and very loud sounds). For listening late at night, or whenever the maximum sound level is lower than usual, Compressing the dynamic range allows you to hear all of the sounds in the soundtrack with reduced dynamic range. DRC works when playing program sources recorded in Dolby Digital or DTS.
Tone Settings: You can independently adjust the system's overall Bass and Treble settings from -6 to +6 dB. You can also fade the sound from front to rear, or vice-versa.
Level Adjustments: The SR5007 provides the following level adjustments.
- Source Level: This function adjusts the playback level of the currently selected input source's audio input. Use this feature if there are differences in the input volume levels between different sources. You can correct the playback level of the audio input from -12 to +12dB.
- Dialogue Level: You can adjust the output level (+/-12dB) to clarify the dialogue output from the center channel.
- Subwoofer Level: You can set the receiver's subwoofer output level (+/-12dB) independent from the other speaker levels and system's main volume.
Volume Settings: The SR5007 offers the following volume settings.
- Volume Scale: You can choose to display an Absolute volume scale (0-98) or Relative volume scale (-79.5 to 18dB).
- Volume Limit: You can set a maximum volume level of 0dB (80), -10dB (70), or -20dB (60) to limit the receiver's total volume output.
- Turn-On Volume: You can define the volume setting that is active when the power is turned on (0, 1-98, -79 to +18dB, or Last)
- Mute Level: You can set the amount of attenuation for the audio muting circuit; -40dB or -20dB below current volume, or full mute (sound turned off entirely).
Tone Control: You can adjust the receiver's Bass and Treble (+/-6db) independently to suit your listening taste or room acoustics.
Audio Inputs/Outputs: The Marantz AV receiver offers a variety of analog and digital audio inputs/outputs.
- Assignable Digital Inputs: The SR5007 features two optical digital (Toslink) inputs and two coaxial digital inputs. Each input can be assigned to any of the different input sources except Tuner.
- 7.1 Channel Input: The SR5007 features a 7.1 Channel input (Front left, Front right, Center, Surround left, Surround right, Surround Back left, Surround Back right and Subwoofer) for connecting a DVD Audio player, Super Audio CD multi-channel player, or other component that has a multi-channel port so you can playback the audio with 5.1 channel or 7.1 channel surround sound. If you will not be using the 7.1 channel input with a multi-channel decoder, you can use the front and left inputs as an auxiliary input.
- 7.2ch Pre-Out: The A/V receiver features 7.2ch pre-amp outputs (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, and Dual Subs) for connection to external power amplifiers.
- Speaker Terminals: The receiver has binding-post terminals for all speaker connections. The binding-post terminals can accept bare wire, pin connectors, and banana plugs (single only). The receiver will accept speaker impedances of 6 to 8-ohm.
- Dual Subwoofer Outputs: An additional subwoofer output proves especially useful in large room settings where one subwoofer may not provide adequate low-frequency output.
- Headphone Output: The receiver features a 1/4" stereo headphone jack on its front panel for connecting a pair of optional headphones. The unit's speakers will automatically be turned off when a set of headphones are connected.
HDMI (v1.4a): With six HDMI v.1.4a inputs (5 rear/1 front), the SR5007 allows you to route multiple high-definition devices--like game consoles and Blu-ray players--to your TV. It also allows you to connect all of your devices to your TV with a single HDMI cable (via its HDMI monitor output), reducing cable clutter. The HDMI inputs are assignable to different input sources. They support HDCP copyright protection and are compatible with 3D signals, ARC, Deep Color, xvYCC technology, Auto LipSync, and HDMI control. The HDMI inputs and output support the 4K high-resolution video standard, allowing you to play 4K videos on compatible displays and projectors. The receiver supports both 4K (3840 x 2160) pass-through and 4K upscaling technologies.
Analog Video Inputs: The receiver features three composite video inputs (2 rear/1 front) and one composite video monitor output. There is also two component video inputs (60MHz) and one component video output.
Analog-to-HDMI Conversion w/ Video Scaling (4K): The SR5007 is equipped with a flexible video switching system that converts incoming analog video signals to HDMI and scales them to a higher resolution, so only one video connection is required from the receiver to the TV. HDMI input video signals can also be scaled to a higher resolution. The scaled output resolution is set in the receiver's menu.
- Composite Video to HDMI: Composite video signals (480i only) can be scaled to 480p, 720p, 1080i, 108p, or 4K through the receiver's HDMI output.
- Component Video to HDMI: Component video signals (480i/480p/720p/1080i/1080p) can be scaled to 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p or 4k through the receiver's HDMI output.
- HDMI to HDMI: HDMI video signals (480i/480p/720p/1080i/108p/4K) can be scaled to 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, or 4k through the receiver's HDMI output.
3D Pass-Through: With the advent of 3D media, it is important to own a receiver that recognizes 3D video signals. The SR5007 is able to pass through 3D signals from your Blu-ray player, ensuring that the 3D effect doesn't get lost in translation. It also recognizes signals from 3D television broadcasts. By connecting a 3D-compliant Blu-ray disc player and 3D-compliant TV to the SR5007, you will have a 3D home theater where you can enjoy high-definition sound and video on a level you've never experienced before.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to your receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
Deep Color & x.v.Color Support: The SR5007 also supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture.
Auto LipSync: This feature automatically compensates for the timing shift between the audio and video of the receiver. If needed, the audio signal can be manually delayed to match the video signal; adjust from 0-200ms.
HDMI Standby Pass-Through: When enabling the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function, regardless of whether the AV receiver is "On" or in "Standby" both audio/video streams from an HDMI input will be output to your television, via the receiver's HDMI monitor output. You can select between three HDMI through function modes.
- HDMI Input: Selects the HDMI Input (1-6) for which the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled.
- Last: The HDMI Standby-Through function is activated on the input source selected at the time of setting the AV receiver to the "Standby" mode.
- Off: The HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is disabled.
Video Mode: You can select between 3 video processing settings.
- Auto: Processes video automatically based on the HDMI content information.
- Game: Always processes video appropriate for gaming content.
- Movie: Processes video normally.
Picture Adjust: You can adjust the picture quality for each video source; Contrast (+/-6), Brightness (0-12), Chroma Level (+/-6), Hue (+/-6), DNR (Low/Middle/High/Off), Enhancer (0-12).
Video Select Function: You can switch the video input source on the receiver while listening to a different audio signal.
Network Connection: The Marantz SR5007 is equipped with an Ethernet (RJ-45) port that lets you connect the receiver to your home network (LAN) and your broadband internet provider. When connected to your home network, the SR5007 lets you listen to Internet radio and a host of other online music sources from your broadband internet provider, as well as play audio files & display still images from your computer via its network connection (DLNA 1.5 certified). The SR5007 also supports AirPlay that lets you stream your music library from an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or iTunes.
Note: This unit's RJ-45 Ethernet port supports 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX and requires an Ethernet (LAN) category 5 or higher cable, Router, Modem, and Internet connection.
DLNA 1.5 Certified: The SR5007 is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7 compliant for audio and photo networking. This means it's easier for you to access and enjoy digital music and still-images (JPEG) stored on your Windows PC. You can use your PC to play high-bit rate music content through the A/V receiver and view still-images on your connected TV, or use the SR5007's remote control to browse music & photo files on your hard drive. The receiver also supports ID3-Tag (ver.2) and META tag information; so song title, artist name, and album name can be displayed the unit's front-panel display or on-screen menu. In addition the unit will display Album Art on a connected television. The Marantz SR5007 supports the following audio formats, sampling frequencies, and bit rates via its wired network connection.
|Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|MPEG-4 AAC||32/44.1/48 kHz||16-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a/.mp4|
|FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||32/44.1/48/96 kHz||16/20/24-bit||.flac|
Note: Your computer must meet the following system requirements - Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or Windows Media DRM10. Album Art is only displayed when using Windows Media Player (ver.11/12).
Online Services: The Marantz SR5007 lets you access Internet Radio, as well as other online music and photo services from your broadband Internet connection. Currently the SR5007 supports Internet Radio from vTuner, Pandora, and SiriusXM; as well as the Flickr online photo sharing site (as of 6/20/2012). The Marantz receiver offers on-screen menu display and control over these web services.
|vTuner||The online vTuner service which offers easy browsing of internet radio stations and podcasts. vTuner enables access to web-based radio stations and podcasts via an extremely reliable online database with a wide variety of content. Internet Radio stations in MP3 (32-320kbps) and WMA (48-192kbps) format are supported. You can browse content by Genre, Location, Language, and Favorites. You can store up to 56 Internet Radio stations as presets. The unit will automatically save up to 20 of the most recently played stations.|
|Once the network audio player is registered with your Pandora account, you can listen to the automated music recommendation and Internet Radio service. You can create up to 100 personalized radio stations. You can sort tracks within these radio stations. You can skip up to 6 tracks that are being played back within 1 hour. You can also thumbs-up/thumbs-down and bookmark tracks. In Pandora, you can search for the track name or artist name using "keyword" searches. When the search is complete, tracks that have a similar rhythm or sound are streamed.|
|SiriusXM||SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more.|
|Flickr||Flickr is an online photograph sharing service that started in 2004. You can use this unit to view photographs on a connected TV that have been made public by Flickr users. You will need to setup an Flickr account to download, upload, and view photographs.|
Favorites: You can add up to 100 items as "Favorites" from Internet Radio, online music services, and your media server for easier, quicker access.
FM Tuner: The Marantz AV receiver features a built-in FM tuner with 56 station auto-preset or manual memory tuning. You can create an 8-character name for each preset station. You can even directly enter a station number using the receiver's on-screen menu and remote control. This receiver has no AM tuner.
Web Control: You can control this A/V receiver from a web control screen on your Windows PC's web browser. The SR5007 and your PC must be connected to the same home network.
Software Updates: Using the receiver's network/internet connection, you can check for and update the latest firmware from the online Marantz server. Visit Marantz's Owner's Circle for access to downloads to keep the Marantz receiver up-to-date. The tested Marantz SR5007 contained firmware version 1490-0187-0000-7260-5295 and needed an immediate firmware update (as of 6/20/2012).
USB Port: A USB memory device can be connected to the USB (type-A) port located on the front-panel, allowing you to play various music files and JPEG still-image files through the receiver. The USB memory device must be mass storage class (msc) or media transfer protocol (mtp) compliant, and be formatted in FAT16 or FAT32 (up to 2TB). The unit can recognize up to 500 folders and 5,000 files. In addition to music and still-image playback, the A/V receiver supports basic playback control, song/artist information display, and charging of your connected USB mass storage class device. The Marantz SR5007 supports the following audio formats, sampling frequencies, and bit rates via its USB (type-A) connection.
|Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|MPEG-4 AAC||32/44.1/48 kHz||16-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a/.mp4|
|FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||32/44.1/48/96 kHz||16/20/24-bit||.flac|
Note: USB memory device will not work via a Hub. It is not possible to connect and use a computer via the unit's USB port using a USB cable.
iPod/iPhone Direct: With its front-panel USB (type-A) port, the SR5007 supports digital music playback from an iPod or iPhone. Using a USB-to-iPod Dock cable plugged into the front-panel USB port, music can be played directly from your iPod/iPhone, bypassing the iPod/iPhone's D/A converter. The iPod/iPhone can be controlled by the receiver's remote, or you can continue to use the iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. Song/artist information, Album Art, and elapsed playing time appear on the SR5007's on-screen display. Your iPod/iPhone's battery will also be charged while connected to the receiver. The SR5007 is "made for iPod/iPhone compatible" and supports the following iPod/iPhone models and functions via its front-panel USB port (as of 1/11/2013):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||AirPlay||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
AirPlay Compatible: AirPlay lets you stream your favorite songs directly from your iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad, or from your iTunes library on your PC or Mac to the Marantz SR5007, over your home network connection. By downloading Apple's free "Remote" application onto your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad you don't even need to be in the same room as the components or your computer to play, pause, skip, and stop the songs in your iTunes music library. You will even see the iTunes music information, including your track titles and artist info via the Marantz receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI).
Note: To use the AirPlay feature you need a Mac or Windows-based PC running iTunes (10.1 or later) connected to your wireless home network. Your iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad must have iOS 4.2 or later installed and connected to the same wireless home network.
On-Screen Menu w/ Setup Wizard (via HDMI): The AV receiver's on-screen menu provides quick information about your system's settings. You can easily make settings for your home theater system while viewing menus on the TV screen. Simple settings are enabled with the setting menus displayed on the TV screen. The Marantz SR5007 features an on-screen Setup Wizard that provides easy-to-follow setup instructions. When you control the sound volume, the volume level is displayed on the screen, and when you switch the input source, the name of the input source is displayed. These menu displays can only be output to your TV via HDMI. If you connect the receiver to your television via only composite video, you will need to use the A/V receiver's front-panel display for menu and source adjustments.
Dual Zone/Dual-Source: Marantz's Multi-Zone/Multi-Source function lets you select a different audio source for listening in a second location of your home. The SR5007 features a Main Zone (audio/video) and Zone 2 (audio only). The Main Zone offers 7.2-channel playback of your audio/video gear in your main entertainment room. Zone 2 allows stereo audio playback of another source connected to the receiver in another room of your home via left/right RCA audio or speaker level outputs. The receiver's surround back amplifier can be reassigned to power a pair of speakers in Zone 2. When using the SR5007 to power speakers in a second room of your home, the main zone is restricted to 5.2-channels. When using the receiver's line output terminals for the second room, you need an additional amplifier to power those speakers; the main Zone of the receiver remains 7.2-channel. The volume of Zone 2 can be controlled by the Marantz receiver using either configuration or from your add-on amplifier when using the line-output.
- Compatible Zone Sources: Only tuner, analog, USB, and Network sources can be played in Zone 2. You cannot select different AM/FM radio stations or different Network content for different zones. To hear AirPlay in Zone 2, you must first start playing Airplay in the Main Zone. Once you have selected AirPlay in Zone 2, you can then switch the source of the Main Zone.
- Incompatible Zone Sources: It is not possible to play the digital audio signals from the HDMI, Coaxial, or Optical terminals in Zone 2. Video cannot be sent to Zone 2.
Source Rename/Delete: You can change the display name (up to 8 characters) of a selected input source. If an input isn't being used, you can delete it from the display so you don't have to scroll past it when you change sources.
Panel Lock: To prevent accidental operation of this unit, you can disable operation of the buttons on the front-panel.
Dual Backup Memory Function: This receiver stores its settings in a nonvolatile memory even when the main power supply is turned off. Using the Dual Backup Memory function, you can write settings information to another memory area to back up saved settings for recovery anytime as needed.
- Personal Memory Plus: This function sets the settings (input mode, surround mode, HDMI output mode, MultEQ, Dynamic EQ, audio delay, etc.) last selected for the individual input sources.
- Last Function Memory: This function stores the settings which were made before going into the standby mode. When the power is turned back on, the settings are restored.
Sleep Timer: This function allows you to automatically set the power to standby after a predetermined amount of time has passed; set the sleep timer up to 120 minutes in 10 minute increments.
Auto Standby: The unit enters standby mode automatically when no commands are sent to the unit for the set time (30 or 60 minutes). Before it enters the standby mode, "Auto Standby" is displayed on the front-panel display of this unit and the on-screen menu.
IR Remote Control: The Marantz SR5007 comes with an IR wireless remote control that can operate this receiver only. The remote control features Glow keys so it can easily be used in the dark.
HDMI Control: The Marantz SR5007 can control select external audio/video components connected via HDMI which support HDMI control. When you make an HDMI connection with a TV or player compatible with the SR5007's HDMI control function, you can perform the operations from the SR5007's remote control; Power off, Switching of audio output devices, Switching of audio input devices, Volume adjustment, and Playback functions.
Remote Connections: The Marantz SR5007 is fitted with the following custom remote inputs/outputs.
- Remote In/Out: These RCA input/output connectors allow you to connect the SR5007 to a Marantz component equipped with remote control (RC-5) terminals.
- Flasher In: This 3.5mm input is used to control the SR5007 from an external key-pad (sold separately).
- DC Trigger Output: The DC trigger output (3.5mm) allows you to connect an external device so it can be turned on by the SR5007.
- RS-232C: The RS-232C port is to be used in conjunction with an external controller to control the operation of the unit by using an external device. The RS-232C port may also be used in the future to update the operating software of the unit so that it will be able to support new digital audio formats.
Marantz Remote App: The Marantz Remote App lets you control the Marantz Network A/V receiver using your Apple iOS (4.3 or later) or Android device. This free Remote App lets you control the Marantz A/V receiver's basic functions (power, volume, input, surround modes) from your Apple iOS or Android device. The multi-zone control page of the Remote App lets you adjust power, volume and input selection for all zones from a single screen (when applicable). You can even navigate the A/V receiver's network and Internet content from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. For added convenience, there are eight customizable home screen short cut buttons that allow you to tailor the look and function of the Marantz Remote App to suit your needs.
Note: Download the free Marantz Remote App from the iTunes App Store for the iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad (iOS 4.3 or later). Or, download the free Marantz Remote App from the Android Market for your compatible Android device (1.5-up). The AV receiver will need to be connected to the same network as your Apple iOS or Android device.
Bluetooth Adapter (optional): Through its proprietary M-Xport, the SR5007 offers Bluetooth capability. Simply add the optional RX101 Bluetooth adaptor (642RX101, sold separately) to the SR5007 and you can play the music stored on any Bluetooth-enabled portable device (your iPhone, iPod Touch, or PDA for example) through your home theater system. The optional RX101 doubles as an IR (infrared) receiver so you can place all your components out of sight and still maintain full remote control.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.