Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Home theater receiver with 3D-ready HDMI switching, Internet-ready
Item # 642SR7005 | MFR # SR7005
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Marantz SR7005 by Crutchfield's Marshall Chase
Versatile, powerful and fun
The SR7005 home theater receiver combines clean looks with up-to-the-minute features and the audiophile sound quality you expect from Marantz. It's rated at 125 watts per channel, but this receiver is about more than just brute power. It's about finesse. Packed with a long list of the latest movie sound decoding formats, the '7005 takes you through every tight turn of every car chase, and every whisper of dialogue to keep you hanging at the edge of your seat.You can plug your iPod® straight into the receiver's front panel or upgrade to Apple AirPlay® for ultra-convenient access to your iTunes® library no dock needed.
The right connections and controls for your digital music
The SR7005 offers plenty of access to digital music. Control music from your iPod® or iPhone® through the front USB port. An Ethernet port lets you connect to your DLNA compliant computer so the music files can flow easily. Tap into Internet radio, Rhapsody, Napster®, Pandora, and flickr. You can also stream wirelessly from your compatible device with the optional RX-101 Bluetooth® receiver. Add an optional SiriusConnect home tuner kit to enjoy SIRIUS satellite programming. Plus the '7005 uses Marantz M-DAX2®, their latest Dynamic Audio Expander to restore high fidelity to, "lossy" music files.
Unleash your iTunes® music with a free upgrade to AirPlay®
Apple's exciting AirPlay technology lets you access your favorite music from your iPhone®, iPad, iPod touch®, or your iTunes library on your computer using this Marantz receiver. You'll be able to control iTunes and see music information, including your album art, track titles, and artist info on your compatible Apple device, or on your TV if your Marantz receiver is equipped with a video output. First you will need a free firmware upgrade. Go to the Marantz website for instructions on how to download and activate the upgrade. Requires a wireless home network. Receiver requires wired connection to the router.
You'll like the sound no matter where you sit
This receiver also features Audyssey MultEQ®, a sophisticated auto-calibration system that helps you get the most accurate home theater sound possible. Watch a video on how Audyssey MultiEQ improves sound in your room.
The SR7005 uses the supplied microphone to analyze sound from up to six different listening positions, then automatically adjusts level, equalization, and delay settings for each of your speakers. You'll get Super-accurate response across a wide listening area instead of just a single "sweet spot", so everyone in the room can enjoy precisely balanced home theater sound.
This is an amazing Marantz receiver. I have had it for 5 years and it has never failed me. Simply amazing.
Kamal, Fairfax, VA
What's in the Box:
- AV surround receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- RC011SR Learning remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Audyssey microphone (ACM1H) with attached 24' cord terminated by a male 3.5mm minijack connector
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna
- User Guide (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- USA Warranty Information
- Canada Warranty Information
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 125 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, Pro Logic® IIz
- Audyssey Laboratories' MultEQ XT six-point auto setup and room calibration system (microphone included)
- Audyssey DSX processing for enhanced surround sound height and width effects using additional front speakers
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume mode to maintain steady listening levels
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ for fuller surround sound at lower volumes
Digital Music Options:
- Apple AirPlay®-ready with free firmware upgrade from Marantz
- iPod®/iPhone® integration through front USB
- DLNA-certified to stream music and photos from a compatible Windows computer
- streams music from internet radio, Rhapsody , Napster®, Pandora, and flickr (broadband connection required)
- Bluetooth® streaming with optional RX-101 receiver
- SIRIUS satellite radio capable (requires SIRIUS subscription and optional SiriusConnect home tuner kit)
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- three-room/three-source output
- powered and line-level stereo audio output for 2nd room, line-level for 3rd
- using powered 2nd-room output allows 5.1 home theater in main room
- only analog audio sources can be played in the 2nd and 3rd rooms
Audio Performance Features:
- high-current amplifier design with massive power transformer
- 192kHz/24-bit Burr-Brown digital-to-analog converters for all channels
- direct mode switches off unnecessary circuitry to provide cleaner sound
- back surround speaker channels re-assignable for bi-amping compatible front left and right speakers
- Marantz M-DAX2® enhances the sound quality of compressed music files
- 1080p-compatible HDMI switching (6 in, 2 out)
- HDMI version 1.4a with support for 3D video, Audio Return Channel, Deep Color, x.v.Color, auto lip-sync, and HDMI-CEC
- Audio Return Channel function receives digital audio signals from a compatible HDTV's tuner via HDMI
- component video switching (3 in, 2 out)
- digital audio inputs: 3 optical and 2 coaxial
- 1 optical output
- 5 audio/video inputs, including:
- 1 front-panel input with composite video
- 4 rear-panel inputs with composite video
- 2 audio-only inputs
- phono input
- Ethernet port for music and JPEG streaming from a wired PC network
- 2 pairs of main speaker outputs
- free Marantz remote app lets you use your iPod touch®, iPhone® or Android device as a Wi-Fi® remote
- intuitive on-screen menu via all monitor outputs
- 60 AM/FM/SIRIUS presets
- multibrand, backlit, learning remote
- 17-3/8"Wx 7-6/16"H x 16"D
- weight: 29 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Marantz SR7005 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
Fully Discrete 7-Channel Amplifier: The Marantz SR7005 AV Surround Receiver is equipped with a power amplifier that plays back high-fidelity sound in surround mode with equal quality and power for all channels, true to the original sound. The receiver's power amplifier circuit adopts a discrete-circuit configuration that achieves high-quality surround sound playback. Each of the SR7005's seven amplifiers is built with the finest discrete components, not off-the-shelf "Power Pack" ICs. As a result, each amplifier delivers 125 continuous watts over the entire audio bandwidth accurate, deep bass and natural, unforced mid and high frequencies. The Marantz AV Surround Receiver's 7-channel amplifier is rated at 125 watts (into 8-ohms, at 20Hz-20kHz, with 0.08% THD, driving 2 channels).
Current Feedback Topology: The Marantz SR7005 uses a high-speed current feedback amplifier circuit for its preamplifier so that audio signals from a Blu-ray Disc player and other equipment that support high-definition audio formats can be amplified with high fidelity. Current Feedback technology offers faster signal handling and extended frequency range. Current feedback circuits track rapid sonic changes more accurately and thus sound more natural. Current feedback topology insures astounding accuracy and control even under high-drive conditions.
Isolated Audio Circuit Board: The carefully-optimized audio signal path rests on a separate circuit board for maximum performance as well as isolation from interferences generated by high-speed video processing.
HDAMs (Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Modules): The SR7005 utilizes Marantz's proprietary HDAM (Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Module) circuits for dynamic music and soundtrack reproduction. HDAMs combine the short signal path advantages of ICs (integrated circuit) and op-amps (operational amplifier) with the superior sound quality of separate circuit components. An HDAM's size is important, particularly in an A/V receiver where space is very limited. Because HDAMs are discrete designs, Marantz engineers are free to choose the parts best able to preserve the sonic details of your favorite sources.
24-Bit, 192 kHz D/A Converters: The SR7005 uses 24-bit/192-kHz Digital-to-Analog converters for all channels. The 192kHz sampling and 24-bit word length capabilities of the DACs allows you to play high-resolution recordings and hear the increased clarity, detail and dynamic range of those recordings.
Audyssey Technology: The Marantz SR7005 features a full package of Audyssey audio technologies for optimal sound quality.
- Audyssey MultEQ XT: Audyssey MultEQ XT technology helps
create an optimal acoustic profile for your home theater. Using the included
setup microphone, Audyssey MultEQ XT measures sound levels and adjusts
speaker configuration accordingly, making setup fast and easy. This room
acoustic measuring and correction system analyzes (via the included
microphone) the audio characteristics of your speaker system and your
listening environment at up to 8 measurement points and automatically
tailors the sound for top audio fidelity. You can set the Audyssey MultEQ XT
to one of the following modes.
- Audyssey: Optimizes the crossover point, output level, delay time, and equalization of all speakers based on speaker frequency response, speaker location, and room acoustics.
- Audyssey Bypass L/R: Optimizes all speakers except front left and right.
- Audyssey Flat: Optimizes frequency response of all speakers to flat.
- Manual: Adjusts the tonal quality for each speaker individually using the manual equalizer settings; adjust from -20 to +6 dB at 63 Hz, 125 Hz, 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz, 4 kHz, 8 kHz, and 16 kHz.
- Off: Turns equalizer off.
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume: Audyssey Dynamic Volume solves the problem of large variations in volume level between television programs, commercials, and between the soft and loud passages of movies. Dynamic Volume addresses the issue of commercials that are too loud and movie soundtracks with vast differences between soft and loud passages; the results are more intelligible dialogue, loud passages maintain impact, and soft whispers are heard clearly. When the volume level changes, Dynamic EQ also adjusts the frequency response to maintain sound quality. You can set the Dynamic Volume to Day (low), Evening (middle), Midnight (high), or off.
- Audyssey DSX (Dynamic Surround Expansion): Audyssey DSX is a scalable surround exposition system that adds new channels to improve the surround impression. Based on research in human hearing, Audyssey DSX add a pair of Wide channels in the front because that information is critical in the rendering of a realistic soundstage. Audyssey DSX then adds a pair of Height channels above the main front channels to reproduce the next most important acoustical and perceptual cues related to soundstage depth. In addition to creating these new channels, Audyssey DSX applies Surround Envelopment Processing to enhance the blend between the front and side/back surround channels. The result is a much more seamless and enveloping home theater experience.
Digital Signal Processing (DSP): The Marantz SR7005 is equipped with a high-resolution SHARC 32-bit Digital Signal Processor (DSP). All elements of the Surround Processor are optimized to the highest standards by the use of selected high performance and discrete components, particularly the A/D and D/A converters and the sophisticated DSP surround decoder. The SR7005 is equipped with various surround modes to reproduce a variety of surround sound effects, according to the content of the source to be played. The AV surround receiver features Dolby Digital and DTS-HD decoding, as well as offers Dolby Pro Logic audio processing.
- Dolby Digital: Dolby Digital, Dolby, Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD
- DTS: DTS, DTS-ES, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express, DTS 96/24, DTS Neo: 6
- Dolby Pro Logic: Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Pro Logic IIz
Note: Dolby Digital and DTS listening modes can only be selected if your audio source is connected to the A/V receiver via a digital audio connection (HDMI, optical, or coaxial). To enjoy true 7.1ch Dolby Digital TrueHD and DTS-HD surround sound, the receiver must be connected to your Blu-ray player via HDMI.
Surround Parameters: You can adjust the following surround mode parameters:
- Dolby Pro Logic II Music Settings: While listening in
the Dolby Pro Logic II Music format, there are three further enhancements
you can adjust:
- Panorama: Broadens the front stereo image to the surround speakers to provide a wraparound effect, especially effective when there is limited output from the surround channels, panorama can be turned on/off in the menu.
- Dimension: Allows you to move the sound field forward or backward.
- Center Width: Allows you to adjust the width of the center channel.
- Center Image: In the Neo:6 Music mode, the Center Image feature adjusts the output of the left and right channels relative to the center channel, allowing you to make the center channel more or less dominant as needed. This improves the image of the center channel, especially when the listener is off-center. Adjustment varies from 7 (nothing subtracted from the L/R channels) to 0 (L/R channel output is cut in half).
- Height Gain: Adjust the volume (Low/Mid/High) of the Front Height channels in Dolby Pro Logic IIz.
- Stage Height/Width: Adjust the sound stage width/height (+/-10dB) when using Front Height or Front Wide speaker in Audyssey DSX.
Stereo Modes: The Marantz SR7005 surround receiver also provides two-channel stereo and multi-channel stereo playback, as well a virtual surround from two stereo speakers.
- 2CH Stereo: This is the mode for playing in 2-channel stereo; bass and treble can be adjusted and sound is output from the front left and right speakers, along with a connected subwoofer.
- Multi-Channel Stereo: This mode lets you enjoy stereo sound from all speakers.
- Virtual Speaker: Enjoy surround effects using only the front speakers or headphones.
Direct Modes: The Marantz SR7005 offers two Direct sound modes which offer high-quality sound by bypassing the receiver's DSP & video circuitry.
- Source Direct: In this mode the 2ch audio signal is played in its original form, without any surround or tone processing. Multichannel audio signal is played in its original form, without any tone processing.
- Pure Direct: This mode is for playback in higher sound quality than in Direct mode. The display and analog video circuitry are turned off to minimize the possibility of any noise being added to the signal.
Surround Parameters: You adjust surround sound parameters to customize your audio listening experience.
- Center Image: You can also adjust the Center Gain to expand the sound image from the center channel in DTS NEO: 6 mode.
- Center Width: The Center Width feature allows you to gradually spread the center channel sound into the front left and right speakers in Pro Logic IIx mode.
- Dimension: This feature adjusts the sound-field either towards the front or towards the rear of your system. This can be useful to help achieve a more suitable balance from all the speaker with certain recordings in Pro Logic IIx mode.
- Panorama: Panorama wraps the sound of the front left and right speakers around you, for an exciting perspective in Pro Logic IIx mode.
- Height Gain: This feature controls the front height channel volume in Pro Logic IIz mode.
- LFE Level: This function selects the output level of the LFE signal included in the Dolby Digital signal or the DTS signal. You can select from 0 to -10 dB.
HT-EQ: The tonal balance of a film soundtrack will be excessively bright and harsh when played back over audio equipment in the home. This is because film soundtracks were designed to be played back in large movie theater environments. Activating the receiver's HT-EQ feature when watching a film made for movie theaters corrects this and restores the correct tonal balance.
M-DAX: This function makes up for lost audio content in MP3, WMA, or AAC sources during playback. It can be set to High or Low.
DRC (Dynamic Range Compression): This features compresses the AV receiver's dynamic range (difference between loud and soft sounds).
Tone Control: You can adjust the tonal quality of the sound by adjusting the receiver's bass and treble independently from -6 to +6 dB.
Source Level: This function corrects the playback level (+/-12db) of the selected input source's audio input. Make this setting if there are differences in the input volume levels between the different sources.
Volume Settings: You can adjust the unit's maximum volume, power on level, and mute level.
- Volume Limit: Set the receiver's maximum volume level to -20dB, -10dB, 0dB, or None.
- Power On Level: Define the volume setting (-80 to +18dB, Last) that is active when the power is turned on.
- Mute Level: Set the amount of attenuation (Full, -40dB, or -20dB) when muting is activated.
Note: You can also adjust the receiver's Zone 2 & 3 Volume Level and Volume Limit.
Audio Inputs/Outputs: The Marantz AV receiver offers a variety of analog and digital audio inputs/outputs.
- Speaker Terminals: The SR7005 provides 11 pairs of high
quality four-way binding post speaker connectors (front A, front B/front-height,
front-wide, center, surround, and surround-back speaker channels). This lets
you connect speakers for a full 7.1 system in your main room, add height and/or
wide speakers to that system, and still have connections left over for speakers
in different zones. So when you choose different surround modes, or opt for
stereo throughout your home, or a combination of the two, you don't have to
disconnect or reconnect any speakers. Simply let the SR7005's microprocessor
route the appropriate signals to the proper speakers. The binding posts can accept bare wire, pin connectors, and
single banana plugs. The terminals are spaced too far apart for dual banana
plugs. The collar surrounding the binding post terminals prevent the use of
- Bi-Amp Connection: A bi-amp connection is possible with speakers that have two set of inputs by combining the Front A and Surround Back speaker connections. This allows you to drive the treble and bass units with separate channels amps, which enable better sound quality. The surround back channels of the amplifier will need to be turned off to bi-amp your front speakers. This configuration will limit your Home Theater to 5.1- channel.
- Front B/Height Speakers: The Marantz SR7005 features Front B/Height speaker terminals which can be used as a second pair of speakers in another room (playing the same source), or used as Front Height speakers for added surround sound depth in Pro Logic IIz mode or Audyssey DSX mode.
- Front-Wide Speakers: The SR7005 features a dedicated pair of Front-Wide speaker terminals to add a wider, broader surround sound experience to your home theater in Audyssey DSX mode.
- Digital Inputs/Output: There are 2 coaxial digital inputs and 3 optical digital inputs (one on front). The inputs accept digital audio signals from a compact disc, DVD, Blu-ray, or other digital source component. There is also 1 optical digital output. The digital output can be connected to a CD or DVD recorder.
- Preamp Outputs: The SR7005 features Front left, Front right, Center, Surround left, Surround right, Surround Back left, Surround Back right and two Subwoofer preamp outputs to connect the receiver to external power amplifiers.
- 7.1 Channel Input: The SR7005 features a 7.1 Channel input (Front left, Front right, Center, Surround left, Surround right, Surround Back left, Surround Back right and Subwoofer) for connecting a DVD Audio player, Super Audio CD multi-channel player, or other component that has a multi-channel port so you can playback the audio with 5.1 channel or 7.1 channel surround sound. If you will not be using the 7.1 channel input with a multi-channel decoder, you can use the front and left inputs as an auxiliary input.
- Headphone Output: The receiver features a 1/4" stereo headphone jack on its front panel for connecting a pair of optional headphones. The unit's speakers will automatically be turned off when a set of headphones are connected.
10 HD Inputs: The Marantz SR7005 is equipped with ten HD inputs. Six HDMI (ver.1.4a) inputs (up to 1080/24p capable) let you connect a high-definition satellite receiver, Blu-ray Disc player, and game system for high definition video and audio. Four component inputs (1080/60i capable) provide added HD-capable connectivity and versatility.
- HDMI (ver.1.4a): The receiver is equipped with six HDMI (ver.1.4) inputs (one on front) for connecting HDMI-equipped audio/video components. All six HDMI inputs are capable of carrying uncompressed digital audio and video up to 1080p. There are two HDMI (v.1.4) outputs which allow you to transmit the same video signal to two televisions (one at a time only). The HDMI output 1 supports the ARC (Audio Return Channel) function. All HDMI (v.1.4) connections support 24p playback, x.v. color, deep color, 3D video, and standby pass-through.
- Component Video (Y, Cb, Cr): This unit features four component video inputs, a component video monitor output, and a component video Zone 2 output. These jacks feature an 60 MHz bandwidth, making them capable of passing high-definition video signals. The component video inputs and output will support 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i video signals.
HDMI Upscaling: The Marantz AV receiver features a high-precision Anchor Bay (ABT2015) 10-bit video scaler. The ABT2015 10-bit processor, Anchor Bay's fourth-generation video engine, provides exceptional performance including transcoding, deinterlacing, and scaling to give you the flexibility and convenience you need to connect and display all your audio/video components. The SR7005 can take an analog video input (composite or component) and up-convert it to HDMI so the video signal can be passed through the receiver's HDMI terminal to your television via a single HDMI cable up to 1080p. The Marantz SR7005 will also upscale incoming lower resolution (480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i) HDMI video signals to 1080p through the receiver' HDMI monitor output. The receiver's HDMI inputs and monitor output will support 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p video signals.
I/P Convert: The video circuit of the receiver is equipped with an I/P conversion feature. When this feature is active, 480i analog video signals input from a playback device can be converted to 480p and progressively output to the component video or HDMI monitor out terminals on the SR7005.
1080/24p: When connected to a 1080/24p Blu-ray player and flat-panel HDTV, you can enjoy remarkable video performance of Blu-ray which brings out the full character of film material.
3D-Ready: This AV receiver supports input and output of 3D (three-dimensional) video signals through its HDMI (v1.4a) connections. 3D viewing requires 3D-ready source with 3D content, 3D-ready HDTV, 3D glasses, and high-speed HDMI cable. Other 3D accessories may also be required.
Deep Color & x.v.Color Support: The SR7005 also supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture.
Auto Lipsync Correction: Video signals may take longer to process than audio signals depending on the connected video equipment. When the unit is connected to a TV or Projector which supports Auto Lipsync Correction, audio and video can be automatically synchronized using this function. The Lipsync feature can also me set manually from 0 to 200 ms (in 10 ms steps).
ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to your receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
HDMI Standby Pass Through: The HDMI Standby Pass-Through feature allows you to choose which HDMI input remains accessible when the receiver is powered off, so you can view back an HDMI source on your TV even when the receiver is in standby mode. You can select between any HDMI input or the Last HDMI input you were viewing when you turned the receiver off.
Video Settings: The Marantz SR7005 provides the following video settings to suit your video source and content.
- Video Modes: 3 Video Modes to choose from - Auto, Movie, or Game.
- Aspect Ratio: You can set the aspect ratio (4:3 or 16:) for the video signal output through the HDMI monitor output jack.
- Picture Adjust: Adjust the contrast, brightness, chroma level, hue, DNR (digital noise reduction), and Enhancer (contours) of the receiver's HDMI monitor output.
Front-Panel A/V Input: The receiver features a front-panel AV input which consists of a composite video, stereo RCA, and optical digital jack.
Network Connection: You can connect the SR7005's RJ-45 (LAN) Ethernet port to your home's network and playback music & photo files that are stored on your computer. You can also listen to internet radio through the receiver's network connection.
Note: This unit's RJ-45 Ethernet port supports 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX and requires an Ethernet (LAN) category 5 or higher cable, Router, Modem, and Internet connection.
DLNA Certified: The SR7005's Ethernet connection is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 certified and Windows 7 compliant. This means it's easier for you access and enjoy digital music stored on your PC through your home audio system.
Media Player: The SR7005 lets you play music files and picture files stored on your computer via a network connection. Music and picture files can be preset and registered to your favorites for instant playback.
- Audio File Playback: MP3 (32-320 kbps), WMA (48-192 kbps), AAC (16-320 kbps), WAV (16-bit), and FLAC (16/20/24-bit) audio files stored on your computer can be played through the Marantz SR7005 via its network connection. You can control playback of your streamed audio files from the SR7005. The receiver also supports ID3-Tag (ver.2) and WMA META tag information so song title, artist name, album name, and album art can be displayed on your connected television.
- Picture File Playback: Still picture (JPEG) files stored on your computer can be played as slide shows on a connected TV through the receiver's network connection. The duration each picture is displayed can be adjusted (5-60 secs).
Note: Your computer must meet the following system requirements - Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or Windows Media DRM10. Album Art is only displayed when using Windows Media Player (ver.11)
Internet Radio: The Marantz SR7005 lets you access Internet Radio stations from around the world. Internet Radio stations in MP3 and WMA format are supported. You can choose from thousands of Internet Radio stations and sort them by genre and region. You can store up to 56 Internet Radio stations as presets. The unit will automatically save up to 20 of the most recently played stations. Your favorite Internet Radio stations are displayed at the top of the menu screen on your connected TV. You can listen to your favorite music through the following Internet Radio services - Rhapsody, Napster, and Pandora.
- Napster: The monthly music subscription service Napster is accessible. You can search for particular tracks on Napster and register your favorite tracks to the "My Napster Library".
- Pandora: Once the receiver is registered with your Pandora account, you can listen to the automated music recommendation and Internet Radio service. You can create up to 100 original radio stations. You can sort tracks within these radio stations. You can skip up to 6 tracks that are being played back within 1 hour.
- Rhapsody: Rhapsody is another paid music broadcast service accessible through the receiver. You can search for particular tracks on Rhapsody and register your favorite tracks to "My Library". You can also search for similar music to the music you are currently listening to.
Note: This receiver's Internet Radio Station list is created using a radio station database service (vTuner). This database service provides a list edited and created for this unit
HD Radio: The SR7005 features a built-in HD AM/FM tuner. HD radio stations offer higher sound quality than conventional FM/AM broadcasts. HD FM stations sound as great as CD quality while HD AM sounds a rich as analog FM stereo. A variety of data services, including text-based information, song title, artist name, album name, and genre can be received and displayed. In addition to conventional broadcast, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 4 multicast programs (HD1/HD2/HD3/HD4). The SR7005's tuner also supports analog AM/FM stations.
Sirius Satellite Radio Ready: The Marantz SR7005 can be connected to the optional SiriusConnect home tuner kit (607SCH1 or 220SCH2P, sold separately), allowing you to receive Sirius Satellite Radio through the receiver. The display shows channel name, number, category, artist, or song title. Up to 56 Sirius Satellite Radio stations can be preset. A subscription to Sirius Satellite Radio is required.
Photo Sharing: The Marantz SR7005 lets you share your photos with Flickr. Flickr is an on-line photo sharing service; you can create an account, upload your photos, and access them using the SR7005. You can also view photos made public by other users.
USB Port: The Marantz SR7005 is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port for easy, direct connection of a USB mass storage class (MSC) device with audio and still image files.
- Audio File Playback: The front-panel USB port supports playback of MP3 (32-320 kbps), WMA (48-192 kbps), AAC (16-320 kbps), WAV (16-bit), and FLAC (16/20/24-bit) audio files recorded in FAT 16 or FAT 32 onto a USB mass storage class (MSC) device. You can control music playback from the receiver and remote control. The unit also supports ID3-Tag (ver.2) and WMA META tag information so song title, artist name, album name, and album art (only TV) can be displayed the receiver and on your connected television.
- Still Image Playback: Still picture (JPEG) files stored on a USB memory device can be played back as a slide-show. The duration each picture is displayed can be set (5-60 secs).
Note: Copyright-protected files cannot be played. USB memory devices will not work via a USB hub. It is not possible to connect and use a computer via the unit's USB port using a USB cable.
iPod/iPhone Connectivity: The unit's front-panel USB (type-A) port can also be used to directly connect your Apple iPod or iPhone. The Marantz SR7005 supports direct USB connection, audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select iPod/iPhones. The Marantz SR7005 offers the following iPod/iPhone functions.
- USB Direct Connection: The USB connection features digital audio signal handling, which routes the digital signal to the SR7005's 24 bit/192 kHz audiophile quality D/A converters for optimum fidelity.
- Audio Playback: You can listen to music files from your iPod/iPhone by simply connecting the iPod/iPhone to the SR7005's front-panel USB port using the USB/Dock cable that came with your Apple iPod/iPhone.
- Music Navigation: You can choose to operate your connected iPod/iPhone from the SR7005's front-panel controls and remote control, or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. The Marantz SR7005 lets you browse by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook. It also offers Play/Pause, Stop, Skip/Back, Repeat, and Random functions.
- Music Information Display: The Marantz AV receiver will display Track #, Elapsed playing time; as well as Song, Artist, and Album name on the unit's display or your connected TV. The receiver can also display Album Art on your connected television. You can also choose to view the music information on your iPod or iPhone.
- Charging: The SR7005 will charge your connected iPod or iPhone when the AV receiver is powered up.
AirPlay Compatible: AirPlay lets you wirelessly stream your favorite songs directly from your iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad, or from your iTunes library on your PC or Mac to the Marantz SR7005. Using the Remote App on your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad and your wireless home network, you don't even need to be in the same room as the components or your computer to play, pause, skip, and stop the songs in your iTunes music library. You will even see the iTunes music information, including your track titles and artist info on your Apple compatible device or the Marantz AV receiver.
Note: This AirPlay compatible component requires a free firmware upgrade to enjoy this exclusive technology, using the receiver's "Feature Upgrade" function. Visit Marantz.com for firmware upgrade.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Marantz SR7005 is "Made for iPod/iPhone compatible" and supports the following specific iPod/iPhone models (as of 1/11/2013):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||AirPlay||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Front Panel Design: The receiver's front panel features a combination of aluminum extrusion and glass-reinforced resin which shields internal circuitry and absorbs internal and external resonances. The front panel is clean, precise, and inviting. Volume and input selection knobs flank a round volume/source display. A drop- down door hides secondary controls and connectors to maintain that classic look while providing easy access to the extensive features of the SR7005.
On-Screen GUI + Front-Panel Display: The receiver incorporates an on-screen color GUI (Graphic User Interface) menu system which makes various operations and menu selections visible on your connected television set. To view the on-screen GUI, you will need to connect the Monitor Out jack of the receiver to the composite, component video, or HDMI input of your television. In addition to the round volume/source display centered on the front panel, there's a second and even more comprehensive source of information behind the panel's drop-down door. This display shows menu choices for custom setup and other data to help you get the most out of your new A/V receiver.
Multi Zone: The SR7005's Zone System mode allows the same audio/video source or different audio/video sources to be heard and viewed in other rooms other than where the receiver is installed. The Marantz AV receiver features a Main Audio/Video Zone (Main), a Second Audio/Video Zone (Zone 2), and a Third Audio Only Zone (Zone 3).
- Main Zone: The Main Zone contains 7.1-channel playback of your audio/video gear in your main entertainment room.
- Audio/Video Zone 2: The Audio/Video Zone 2 allows audio/video playback of another audio source connected to the receiver in another room of your home via left/right RCA audio output and composite or component video connections to a separate amplifier and display monitor. The SR7005 AV receiver's Surround Back Speaker outputs can be assigned to Zone 2, so you can power a set of speakers in another room of your home without the use of a separate amplifier. You must turn off the Surround Back channels of the amplifier when using the receiver's multi-room speaker outputs, which will limit you to 5.1 channels in your main room.
- Audio Only Zone 3: The Audio Only Zone 3 allows audio playback of another audio source connected to the receiver in another room of your home via left/right RCA audio output connections to a separate amplifier. The SR7005 AV receiver's Surround Back Speaker outputs can be assigned to Zone 3, so you can power a set of speakers in another room of your home without the use of a separate amplifier. You must turn off the Surround Back channels of the amplifier when using the receiver's multi-room speaker outputs, which will limit you to 5.1 channels in your main room.
Note: Zone 2 & 3 will playback tuner, analog, digital (PCM only), network, and USB sources. Zone 2 & 3 can only playback PCM (2-channel) audio input from the receiver's digital (optical/coaxial) terminals. Zone 2 will only output video from the receiver's composite video inputs. You must currently be listening to a USB device or Network audio source in the Main Zone to initially select USB or Network as a source in Zone 2. Then you can switch the Main Zone to any source you desire. You cannot select different AM/FM radio stations or different Network content for different zones. To hear Airplay in Zone 2/3, the Main Zone must also be playing Airplay. You can have other sources playing in Zone 2/3 when the main zone is using Airplay. HDMI cannot be output to Zone 2 or 3. Zone 3 does not output any video sources.
Front Panel Lock: You can lock all the controls on the front panel of the unit, accept for the Power button, to prevent anyone else from changing the settings on your receiver.
Setup Lock. This feature protects your AV receiver's settings from inadvertently being changed.
Input Name: The names of the receiver input functions can be changed as desired. The maximum number of characters that can be registered for the names is 8, including spaces. The function names that you register will appear on the unit's display.
Last Function Memory: This function store the settings which were made before going into the standby mode. When the power is turned back one, the settings are restored.
Sleep Timer: The receiver offers a Sleep Timer which will automatically turn the unit off after 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, or 120 minutes.
Learning Remote: The provided IR wireless remote control is a universal learning remote control. The remote features a adjustable backlit LCD window which displays information about the sources and modes selected from the remote control. The remote control's buttons are also backlit with a press of a button. This remote is preset with remote codes for Marantz AV components. The remote also contains codes for other manufactures which can be programmed. In addition, the remote control is capable of learning and storing codes used by other remote controls (this remote is capable of learning around 160 codes). You can use the remote control to program a series of button operations in sequence. This remote can remember up to 6 macro functions; each macro can record a maximum of 10 steps.
HDMI Control: When you make an HDMI connection between the Marantz AV Receiver and a HDMI control-function compatible TV or Blu-ray/DVD player, you can perform the following operations.
- The AV receiver can be turned off with the TV's remote.
- You can switch audio output devices from the TV remote.
- You can adjust the AV receiver's volume with the TV remote.
- You can switch the AV receiver's input sources through the TV remote.
- When playing a Blu-ray/DVD player, the AV receiver automatically switches to the input source of the player.
Remote Connections: The Marantz SR7005 is fitted with the following custom remote inputs/outputs.
- Flasher In: This 3.5mm input is used to control the SR7005 from each of its zones from an external key-pad (sold separately)
- DC Trigger Output: The two DC trigger outputs (3.5mm) allow you to connect two external devices so they can be turned on by the SR7005.
- Remote In/Out: These RCA input/output connectors allow you to connect the SR7005 to a Marantz component equipped with remote control (RC-5) terminals.
- RS-232C: The RS-232C port is to be used in conjunction with an external controller to control the operation of the unit by using an external device. The RS-232C port may also be used in the future to update the operating software of the unit so that it will be able to support new digital audio formats.
Bluetooth Ready: Through its proprietary M-Xport, the SR7005 offers Bluetooth capability. Simply add the optional RX101 Bluetooth adaptor (642RX101, sold separately) to the SR7005 and you can play the music stored on any Bluetooth-enabled portable device (your iPhone, iPod Touch, or PDA for example) through your home theater system. The optional RX101 doubles as an IR (infrared) receiver so you can place all your components out of sight and still maintain full remote cont
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.