Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Internet-ready universal 3D Blu-ray player
Item # 642UD5007 | MFR # UD5007
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Marantz UD5007 by Crutchfield's David Brown
Enjoy 3D movies and more with this Blu-ray powerhouse
Looking for a Blu-ray player that can make easy work of any disc you throw at it? Marantz will answer the call with its UD5007 universal Blu-ray player. This rugged workhorse will take on all comers, including the latest 3D Blu-rays, delivering spectacular visual effects to your 3D-ready TV. Standard Blu-ray titles will be as crisp as ever, as will your DVDs. The UD5007's upscaling technology will give your old discs new life, making them sparkle with high-definition clarity.
Marantz does audio right
This player not only packs impressive video capabilities — Marantz's dedication to audio fidelity means the UD5007 makes a great CD player capable of bringing out the best in your music collection. It even handles high-resolution formats like SACD and DVD-Audio as well as FLAC playback streamed from a DLNA-certified PC. The UD5007 is a great addition to any home theater setup, capable of delivering stunning surround sound to your receiver via an HDMI connection.
Expand your viewing choices with Internet streaming services
In addition to its prowess with physical media, the UD5007 is Ethernet jack-equipped and Internet-ready for streaming movies and TV shows from services like Netflix®, YouTube™, Hulu® and VUDU®. The Internet connection also gives you access to BD-Live, Blu-ray's platform for downloading bonus content for compatible discs. Watch updated interviews, behind-the-scenes features and even picture-in-picture commentary from actors and directors. The UD5007 includes 1 gigabyte of built-in memory for storing BD-Live content. Or simply stick a thumb drive into the front-panel USB port to store content, as well as access your own digital music files, videos or photos.
Built to last
You shouldn't have to buy a new Blu-ray player every other year — so buy one that is built to last. Marantz is well-respected for the build-quality of its audio components, and they've applied that same approach to the UD5007. The solid cabinet, large feet and physical separation of the disc mechanism, display, power supply and processing circuitry are designed to minimize interference and distortion. The fan-less design further reduces unwanted distraction, meaning your Blu-ray player won't be louder than the movies you play on it.
Great built, sound and video quality!
NickA, Denver, CO
What's in the Box:
- Single-disc Blu-ray Player
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Wireless remote control (RC-006UD`)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 58" HDMI cable
- 40" Mono-RCA cable
- Owner's Manual on CD-ROM (En/Fr/Sp)
- Getting Started (En/Fre/Sp)
- Warranty information (US)
- Warranty Information (Can)
- Important Notice
- Important Safety Instructions
- plays standard and 3D Blu-ray discs, SACDs, DVD-Audio discs, DVDs, CDs and rewritable discs
- Internet-ready for playing TV shows, movies, and more from Netflix, YouTube, Hulu and VUDU (membership may be required for streaming services)
- streams photos/videos/music from a compatible DLNA-enabled Windows® PC
- BD-Live support for added bonus features with compatible Blu-ray discs — includes 1GB built-in memory for downloaded content
- front USB port plays MP3 and WMA audio files
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (FLAC files, up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution)
- independent block construction and fan-less design minimizes distortion and reduces noise
- remote control
- plays Region A Blu-ray discs and Region 1 DVDs
- HDMI version 1.4a for 3D video, Deep Color, x.v.Color, High-Bit-Rate Audio, and HDMI-CEC control
- video upconversion for DVDs
- 192kHz/24-bit audio digital-to-analog converter
- built-in audio decoding for Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, and DTS-HD Master Audio
- IR input and output for remote repeater systems
- stereo audio output
- Ethernet port for downloading BD-Live bonus material, Internet audio and video streaming and firmware updates
- HDMI cable included
- detachable power cord
- 17-3/8"W x 4-3/16"H x 13-9/16"D
- weight: 11.06 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Marantz UD5007 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Surround Sound Decoding||
Dolby Digital Plus
DTS-HD Master Audio
|4K Ultra HD||No|
|Internet Movie Streaming||Netflix,Hulu,Vudu,YouTube|
|Smartphone App Control||Yes|
|DVD Video Upconversion||720p, 1080i, 1080p|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Digital Optical Output||None|
|Digital Coaxial Output||None|
|Analog Audio Outputs||Stereo|
|1080p Video Output||Yes|
|Component Video Outputs||None|
Multi-Disc Compatible: The Marantz UD5007 Super Audio CD/Blu-ray disc player is compatible with many disc types.
|Disc Type||Disc Description|
|Blu-ray||BD-Video, BD-3D, BD-R, BD-RE|
|DVD||DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW|
|CD||CD-Audio, CD-R, CD-RW, SACD|
Blu-ray Disc Compatible: Blu-ray Disc (BD) is a new high-definition disc format designed to take advantage of today's high quality HDTVs. The resolution is up to 1920 x 1080 (1080p) and the data transfer rate is up to 40 mbps. Blu-ray Discs and players offer several advantages over the standard DVD format:
- Better Picture Quality: Blu-ray Disc is a true high-definition format offering video at 720p, 1080i, 1080p, or 1080/24p resolution. While standard DVDs look very good on an HDTV, they don't provide a high-definition signal (not even when you use an up-converting DVD player). Blu-ray Disc delivers an extraordinarily sharp, clean, detailed picture, with deeper, richer colors.
- Better Sound Quality: In addition to the same multi-channel sound formats you're accustomed to with DVD (Dolby Digital and DTS), Blu-ray Disc offers Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, and uncompressed 5.1 channel PCM
- Greater Storage Capacity: What makes Blu-ray Disc's superior picture and sound possible is the much higher storage capacity of Blu-ray Disc discs. A single-layer Blu-ray Disc can hold 25 gigabytes of data, over five times the amount a standard DVD can hold. Dual-layer Blu-ray Discs hold 50 gigabytes, which equates to nine hours of High Definition or 23 hours of Standard Definition video, plus high-resolution multi-channel audio and the added features and material that require multiple discs with standard DVD.
- Backward Compatible: To ensure backward-compatibility with your existing library of discs, Blu-ray Disc players use a dual-laser mechanism: a blue laser for playing high-definition Blu-ray Discs, and a conventional red laser for playing DVDs and audio CDs.
Note: Like DVD, BD uses region codes. The region code on your disc must match the region code on your player, otherwise the disc will not play. This player is Blu-ray region A and DVD region 1. Blu-ray Disc uses the Advanced Access Content System (AACS) to prevent unauthorized recording of copyrighted material.
Firmware Updates: As Blu-Ray technology continues to evolve, new disc types with enhanced functionality will become available. In order for you to enjoy this new functionality, you will likely be required to update the firmware in your player. These firmware updates will become available for downloading from the Internet, via the player's Ethernet port.
SACD: Super Audio CD use a technology called Direct Stream Digital (DSD) to convert music into a digital signal that can be stored on a disc. Compared to the traditional PCM method (the technology used for CD), DSD offers a much higher resolution by following more closely the original waveform of music. With a frequency response of over 100kHz and a dynamic range over 120dB across the audible frequency range - some 64 times higher resolution then CD - Super Audio CD offers music reproduction that reveals details you just cannot hear on a normal CD.
DVD Audio: DVD Audio is a digital audio format that delivers high-fidelity audio content on a DVD disc. DVD-Audio supports bit depths up to 24-bit and sample rates up to 192 kHz, while CD audio is only 16-bit, 44.1 kHz. Compared to CD audio discs, DVD Audio offers considerable more music storage, higher audio quality, and additional audio channels for surround sound. DVD-Audio offers many possible configurations of audio channels (up to 5.1-channel surround sound).
AVCHD Playback: The UD5007 will play home videos recorded in AVCHD (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264), a high definition digital video camera format used to record in high definition or standard definition on DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW discs. AVCHD can also be played from a USB flash memory device connected to the front panel port.
DivX File Playback: The UD5007 supports playback of DivX (up to DivX Plus HD) files recorded on DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW discs, USB flash memory, or streamed from the connected network. This unit supports DivX file sizes up to 2 GB.
JPEG/PNG Playback: The player will also playback JPEG/PNG still image files written to CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW discs, USB flash memory, or streamed from the connected network; image resolutions from 32 x 32 pixels to 4,096 x 4,096 pixels are supported. The maximum file size is 12 MB. The name of the folder and file can be displayed, up to 32 characters. Images can be played as a slide-show and can be rotated as needed.
MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/FLAC Playback: The Marantz Blu-ray player will play MP3, WMA, AAC, and LPCM audio files written to CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, and DVD+R/RW discs, USB flash memory, or streamed from the connected network. The name of the folder and file can be displayed, up to 32 characters. The following file specifications are supported:
- MP3: sampling frequencies of 32, 44.1, or 48 kHz and bit rates of 64-320 kbps
- WMA: sampling frequencies of 32, 44.1, or 48 kHz and bit rates of 48-192 kbps
- AAC: sampling frequencies of 32, 44.1, or 48 kHz and constant bit rates of 32-320 kbps
- WAV (LPCM): 16/24-bit, and sampling frequencies of 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz
- FLAC: 8/16/24-bit, and sampling frequencies of 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz
High Quality Construction: The Marantz UD5007's sleek contoured front panel combines both aluminum and reinforced resin composite to dampen resonance and blend with virtually any décor. The panel's construction helps resist the destructive effects of unwanted vibration, while the custom-engineered feet add a further barrier to vibration as well as a nicely finished look. The Blu-ray player's centrally located disc mechanism places the critical disc-laser interface in the middle of the chassis to minimize the kind of artifacts that could impact both audio and video quality. Additional high-quality design features include:
- Fully Shielded Drive Mechanism: The Marantz SACD/Blu-ray player employs a fully shielded drive mechanism which suppresses internal and external vibrations and electromagnetic noise for consistent, precise playback.
- Independent Block Construction: The SACD/Blu-ray player incorporates separated 4-block construction for faithful playback of audio and video signals (Disc mechanism, Video/Audio, Power supply, and Indicator block)
- Fan-less Design: The Marantz UD5007 employs a fan-less design which makes the player exceptionally quiet during playback.
HDMI Output: The Marantz UD5007 features a single HDMI output for HD audio and video signal transmission. The HDMI port is version 1.4a with Deep Color, x.v. color, 3D, and CEC support. Video resolutions include 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p and 1080/24p. There are also Source Direct (source resolution is not changed) and Auto (outputs the highest resolution compatible with the connected display) settings.
Note: This player does not feature any analog video outputs, such as component, composite, or S-video.
1080p Scaling: DVD discs, USB video, and network steaming video can be scaled, up to 1080p from the HDMI port.
3D Ready: The Marantz UD5007 lets you enjoy 3D Blu-ray disc movies in full HD 1080p. 3D viewing requires compatible 3D content, 3D HDTV, 3D emitter & glasses, and a high-speed HDMI cable (supporting at least 10.2 Gbps) connection. The Blu-ray player offers several 3D settings.
- 3D Output: You can choose between Auto (automatically determines whether the video signal is 3D or 2D) or Off (always outputs 2D video signals).
- Screen Size: You can enter the size of your TV from 0" to 999".
Deep Color: The HDMI output supports Deep Color, increasing the number of bits available for transmission, meaning more colors. This results in greater color fidelity, smooth tonal transitions, and ultra-fine gradations between colors. It also enables many times more shades of gray, for higher contrast ratio.
x.v.Color: The UD5007's HDMI output supports x.v.Color, meaning it's ready for x.v.Color discs when they become available in the future.
Progressive Mode: The Marantz UD5007 allows you to set the appropriate progressive conversion mode for the source video material (film or video) you are watching. You can choose from:
- Auto: Detects the type of video material and automatically switches the mode. Normally, this setting is used most often.
- Video: Suitable for playing video material discs.
- Film: Suitable for playing film material discs.
TV Aspect: This function of the Super Audio CD/Blu-ray disc player lets you set a picture size according to the aspect ratio of your connected television. You can choose from the following.
- 16:9 Wide: Select this when a wide-screen TV is connected; discs recorded in wide-screen format are played over the entire screen.
- 16: Squeeze Auto: When playing 4:3 images, the picture is displayed in the center of the 16:9 screen with a 4:3 aspect ratio.
- 4:3 Pan&Scan: Select this to play back the disc recorded in wide screen format with 4:3 TV in the Pan&Scan mode with the side of the picture cut off.
- 4:3 Letter Box: select this to play back the disc recorded in wide screen format with 4:3 TV in the letter box mode with black strips at the top and bottom.
Picture Adjustment: You can adjust the picture quality of the Super Audio CD/Blu-ray disc player's video output connected to your television and save up to 5 picture setting presets. You can adjust the following picture settings.
- 3DNR: Reduces the overall level of noise on the picture (0 to +3).
- BNR: Reduces the block noise generated by digital processing (0 to +3).
- MNR: Reduces the noise around the outline of an object generated by digital processing (0 to +3).
- Contrast: Adjusts the difference between the bright and dark parts of the picture (-6 to +6).
- Brightness: Adjusts the brightness of the picture (0 to +12).
- Gamma Correction: Detailed adjustments of the picture's brightness (-4 to +4).
- Hue (color tone): Adjusts the balance between the green and red (-6 to +6).
- Chroma Level: Adjusts the density of the colors (-6 to +6).
- Setup Level: Adjusts the black area of the image (0 IRE, 7.5 IRE)
Slow Forward Playback: The unit allows Slow Forward Playback in three different speeds (1/8, 1/4. 1/2x) for BD-video, DVD-video, DVD-VR, AVCHD, and DivX discs. Sound is muted during this function.
Resume Playback: This function allows you to resume playback from the point at which the playback has been stopped on the disc even if the power to unit is turned off.
Marker: You can mark electric reference points on a disc to view at a later time. This feature allows you to assign a specific point on a title or track to be called back later. You can mark up to 12 points.
Zoom: The player allows you to magnify an image on-screen 1.2x, 1.5x, 2x, or 4x that of normal size and then allows you to pan through that zoomed image. This function is possible on DVD-video, DVD-R/RW, JPEG and DivX discs.
Angle: Some BD and DVD discs contain scenes which have been shot simultaneously from various angles. This player allows you to select from these different camera angles.
Independent Board Construction: The Marantz UD5007 utilizes independent board construction to minimize the interaction between audio, video, and power supply stages. The audio, video, and power electronic circuits are separate to prevent electronic and electromagnetic noise caused by various electronic signals in the unit.
192kHz/24-Bit DAC: The Marantz UD5007 Super Audio CD/Blu-ray disc player features a 24-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog converter for high-quality sound.
Audio Formats: The SACD/Blu-ray player's HDMI outputs are capable of delivering Multi-channel Surround, Multi-channel LPCM, and 2-channel audio. The UD5007 supports the following Audio Formats depending on the unit's HDMI output setting, disc type used, and audio recording format of disc:
|Disc Type||Audio Recording Format||HDMI Out Setting|
|BD-video||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||Multi Linear PCM|
|Dolby Digital Plus||Dolby Digital Plus|
|Dolby TrueHD||Dolby TrueHD|
|Linear PCM||Multi Linear PCM|
|AVCHD||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital|
|Linear PCM||Multi Linear PCM|
|DVD-video||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital|
|Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM|
|DivX||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital|
|MP3/MP2||2ch Linear PCM|
|DVD Audio||Linear PCM||Multi Linear PCM|
|CD-Audio, MP3/WMA/AAC||2ch Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM|
|FLAC||Multi Linear PCM||Multi Linear PCM|
|Super Audio CD||DSD|
Pure Direct: By selecting the Pure Direct Mode, you shut down the video circuitry, digital outputs, and front panel display for even lesser audio interference and greater sound quality.
DRC: Dynamic Range Compression (DRC) compresses the dynamic range of Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby TrueHD soundtracks, useful at night or other times when you cannot play back at high volume; the high volume sounds are reduced and the low volume sounds are increased.
Music Playback Modes: The Marantz UD5007 offers the following music playback modes.
- Program Play: You can program up to a maximum of 15 audio tracks.
- Repeat Play: You can repeat an entire music disc, music folder, or a single music track.
- Random Play: You can play your music tracks in a random order.
2-Channel Audio Outputs: In addition to the SACD/Blu-ray player's HDMI output, the UD5007 features a stereo audio output for connecting to a stereo analog input on a TV or receiver. Even when the source audio is multi-channel (Dolby Digital, DTS, DVD-Audio, SACD), these jacks will output a downmixed 2-channel signal. The two-channel audio outputs are also helpful when wanting to send the audio signal of the SACD/Blu-ray player to Zone 2 of your home theater receiver.
Note: This player does not offer optical or coaxial digital outputs.
USB Port: The Marantz UD5007 is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port for playback of audio, still image, and video files stored on a USB memory device. You USB memory device must be formatted with FAT16 or FAT32. The player can recognize up to 8 folder layers, 999 folders, and 999 files. The unit will display file/folder names up to 32 characters and artist/song titles up to 60 characters. The UD5007 supports the following audio, photo, and video files via a USB memory device.
|Playable Media||File Type||Bit Rate||Sampling Frequency|
|Audio||MP3||64-320 kbps||32, 44.1, 48 kHz|
|WMA||48-192 kbps||32, 44.1, 48 kHz|
|AAC||32-320 kbps||32, 44.1, 48 kHz|
|LPCM (WAV)||16 bits||44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz|
|FLAC||8, 16, 24-bits (64 kbps-16.2 Mbps)||32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz|
|Playable Media||File Type||Resolution||Maximum File Capacity|
|Photo||JPEG||32 x 32 pixels to 4096 x 4096 pixels||12 MB|
|Playable Media||File Type||Video Layer||Audio Layer|
|MPEG||MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4||MP3, AAC, WMA, AC-3|
|WMV||WMV9, WMV9AP (VC-1)||WMA, AAC, AC-3, DTS|
|AVI||MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4||PCM, MP3, AAC, AC-3|
|DivX||up to DivX Plus HD||MP3, AAC|
Network Connection: The Marantz UD5007 Super Audio CD/Blu-ray disc player is equipped with a rear-panel Ethernet jack which lets you connect the player to your home network. Once the unit is connected to your network, you can enjoying the following functions.
- Playback of a Blu-ray disc supporting BD-Live.
- Playback of music, photo, and video files stored on a device on your network.
- Playback of select video on-demand services (Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, YouTube).
- Downloading for latest firmware updates.
Note: This unit's Ethernet (RJ-45) port supports 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX and requires an Ethernet (LAN) category 5 or higher cable, Router, Modem, and broadband Internet connection.
Online Services: Using the UD5007, you can stream videos from online services such as Netflix, VUDU, Hulu Plus, and YouTube to your home theater system
- Netflix: The Marantz UD5007 can play back movies and TV shows from Netflix when connected to your home network with Internet connection. Netflix is a subscription-based online video streaming service. Your Netflix Instant Queue (created on your computer) will display on your connected television. The Blu-ray player will support up to 5.1ch audio streaming from Netflix. It is recommended to use a broadband line connection with an effective speed of 6 Mbps or more.
- Hulu Plus: Hulu Plus lets you watch current hit TV shows, classic series, and acclaimed movies anytime in HD for $7.99/month with limited advertising.
- Vudu: Vudu is an HD on-demand movie service. With over 3,000 movies available on-demand in streaming 1080p, VUDU offers you the world's largest HD movie catalog. You can watch new movies on Vudu the same day they're released on DVD. Vudu delivers 1080p vide with 5.1ch surround sound. There is no monthly subscription fee. Pay for only the movies you want to watch.
- Vudu Apps: Vudu Apps provides you with access to a wide
range of Internet services and applications including streaming video, music
on demand, photo browsing, social networking, news, weather, and more. Vudu
Apps offers the following online applications (as of 8/30/2012).
- Featured Apps: Vudu movies, Flicker, Picasa, Facebook, Twitter, Weather, Dolby Digital Plus, Stock Tracker, Dailymotion
- Arts & Entertainment: Nation Lampoon, Scam School, Big Love, True Blood, Californication, Dexter
- Gaming: Attack of the Show, X Play
- Internet Culture: Currently no apps available.
- Music: UVTV
- News: The New York Times, NBC Nightly News, Today Show, MSNBC w/ Rachel Maddow, AC360°, CNN Daily, CNBC
- Science & Technology: Discovery, Nova, Hidden Universe, Ted Talks
- Sports: Motorz
- Travel & Lifestyle: DelciousTV, DiveFilm HD
- YouTube: The Marantz UD5007 can play back video hosted by YouTube when connected to your home network with Internet connection. YouTube is a video file-sharing service. You can use the player's on-screen virtual keyboard to search for video content offered by YouTube.
DLNA Certified: The Marantz player's Ethernet connection is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 certified and Windows 7 compliant. This means it's easier for you access and enjoy digital music, photos, and videos stored on your PC through your home entertainment system.
- Audio File Playback: MP3 (64-320 kbps), WMA (48-192 kbps), AAC (32-320 kbps), LPCM/WAV (16/24-bits), and FLAC (8/16/24-bits) audio files stored on your computer can be played through the player via its network connection. You can control playback of your streamed audio files from the UD5007. The players also supports ID3-Tag (ver.2) and WMA META tag information so song title, artist name, album name, and album art can be displayed on your connected television.
- Picture File Playback: Still picture (JPEG/PNG) files stored on your computer can be played as slide shows on a connected TV through the player's network connection. The duration each picture is displayed can be adjusted (5-60 secs).
- Video Playback: Video files (DivX/MPEG/AVI/WMV) stored on your computer can be played back on your connected TV.
Note: You will need a Windows XP (SP2 or more), Windows Vista, or Windows 7 OS (operating system); with Windows Media Player ver.11 or DLNA software.
Media Player: The UD5007 lets you play music, picture, and video files stored on your computer via a network connection.
- Audio File Playback: MP3 (64-320 kbps), WMA (48-192 kbps), AAC (16-320 kbps), WAV (16-bit), and FLAC (16/20/24-bit) audio files stored on your computer can be played through the Marantz UD5007 via its network connection. You can control playback of your streamed audio files from the UD5007. The player also supports ID3-Tag (ver.2) and WMA META tag information so song title, artist name, album name, and album art can be displayed on your connected television.
- Picture File Playback: Still picture (JPEG) files stored on your computer can be played as slide shows on a connected TV through the player's network connection. The duration each picture is displayed can be adjusted (5-60 secs).
- Video Playback: Video files (DivX, MPEG, AVI, WMV) stored on your computer can be played back.
Note: Your computer must meet the following system requirements - Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or Windows Media DRM10. Album Art is only displayed when using Windows Media Player (ver.11)
Bonus View: The Bonus View feature provides picture-in-picture capability with select Blu-ray Disc titles. You can view additional content (such as director/actor commentary) in a small display window while the movie is playing. The necessary 1GB memory is built-in; more memory can be added via the front panel USB port.
BD-Live Ready: BD-Live technology allows you to download and stream bonus content such as additional scenes, shorts, trailers, movie-based games, and more using a broadband internet connection. The Marantz Blu-ray player features an Ethernet port to connect to the internet via your home network. The necessary 1GB memory is built-in; more memory can be added via the front panel USB port.
Start Up/Play Back Time: The Marantz Super Audio CD/Blu-ray player has a start-up time of approximately 21.3 seconds. It takes approximately 36.1 seconds for a Blu-ray disc to begin playback.
Note: The Start Up/Play Back Time tests were started with the Blu-ray player initially turned off & in standby mode. The Start Up Time test was stopped when the player's Screen Saver screen appeared. The Play Back Time test was stopped when the Blu-ray disc began playback.
On-Screen GUI: The Marantz Super Audio CD/Blu-ray player incorporates an on-screen GUI (Graphic User Interface) menu system which makes various operations and menu selections visible on your connected television set.
Parental Control: Parental Control allows you to set a rating limit, which prevents your children from viewing inappropriate material. Playback will stop if the ratings exceed the levels you set, and it will require your to enter a 4-digit password before the disc will play back. The Parental Control feature consists of an 8-level DVD and 254 BD rating system protected by a custom user 4-digit password.
Wall Paper: You can select a Blue, Black, Gray, or Marantz Logo background when the player is in stop mode or audio playback mode.
Screen Saver: The Screen Saver function activates when stop or pause status continues for approximately three minutes. The Screen Saver function also activates during playback of a CD, Super Audio CD, or audio file when no operations are performed for approximately three minutes.
Auto Standby: If the unit is in stop mode for approximately 30 minutes, it will automatically switch to standby mode.
IR Wireless Remote Control (with Glow Buttons): Included with the Marantz SACD/Blu-ray player is an intuitive IR remote control featuring glowing cursor and operation keys and direct access buttons for online video services. You can also use the remote to operate a Marantz AV receiver.
HDMI Control: When a TV supporting HDMI control is connected to the UD5007 via an HDMI cable, it is possible to use the television's remote control to perform such operations as: power on/off, function switching, and volume adjustment.
Marantz Remote App: Marantz offers a remote app you can download to control the UD5007 using your Apple iOS device or Android-based device, when using the player in conjunction with a compatible Marantz network A/V receiver. Download the free Marantz Remote App from the iTunes App Store for the iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad (iOS 4.3 or later). Or, download the free Marantz Remote App from the Android Market for your compatible Android device (1.5-up). Your Marantz network AV receiver and Blu-ray player will need to be connected to the same network as your Apple iOS or Android device.
Remote In/Out: These RCA input/output connectors allow you to connect the UD5007 to a Marantz component equipped with remote control (RC-5) terminals.
Flasher Input/Output: This 3.5mm input/output is used to control the UD5007 from an external key-pad (sold separately).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
to keep a set alike [ Sergio Jan 23, 2016 ]
Quality, Reviews, Compliments my Marantz receiver while down sizing from 3 audio/video devices into 1. [ BRUCE E Dec 18, 2015 ]
3 questions already asked
Yes [ Robert Oct 21, 2015 ]
Sorry, I don't know. I use it with a projector in my listening/home theater. [ RICK Oct 21, 2015 ]
Yes [ JEFF Oct 21, 2015 ]
Lisa: Sorry I haven't used this player to stream via Netflix, but the overall picture quality, load time, and build are outstanding. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase it again. [ Jeff Aug 27, 2014 ]
I don't use Netflix but I do stream movies from Vudu and I haven't had any problems with the Marantz DVD player. When I first tried to stream movies I did have a buffering problem because I was using AT&T DSL service and it was too slow. Since moving up to U-Verse with a faster internet connection everything works perfect. [ STEVEN Aug 26, 2014 ]
Streaming Netflix has been mixed...when it works it's great but it seems whenever Netflix is updated or changes something the unit freezes up. Everything else works but Netflix & it's very annoying. Usually it's about 3 weeks until another change/update and it'll start working again. This has happened 3 or 4 times since I've owned the unit. My purchase criteria was the same as yours - I wouldn't buy it again. I'd return it but it's too late. Crutchfield was great trying to resolve the issue but Marantz was terrible. I'll never buy a Marantz product again [ MARK Aug 26, 2014 ]
I have not tried Netflix streaming or wifi so I don't have any experience using my Marantz DVD player that way. [ Larry Aug 26, 2014 ]
I do not regularly use the Marantz for streaming Netflix. Most of the Netflix streaming I do on a Tivo Roamio connect with an Ethernet cable, not WiFi. Having said that, I did test the Netflix player on the UD5007 with an Ethernet connection and it performed without any obvious issues. I find that WiFi streaming is hit or miss and requires a WiFi router not older than 6-9 months and use of the 5GHz band. Older WiFi components often have streaming issues and if your current player is older than a year and your router is not a recent dual-band model with 5GHz 802.11ac or 802.11n, you probably need to upgrade to get good performance. I should mention that I work at TiVo and we do extensive WiFi testing and the results are often not pretty. If your router is older, I would start replacing the router with a current model (such as the D-Link 850 which supports beam shaping). The UD5007 is the best player I have ever owned (and I have had quite a few). It is also the fastest when playing Blu-Ray (way faster than Sony models) and plays SACD - basically everything you throw at it. I highly recommend it. [ ROLAND Aug 26, 2014 ]
HI - I can't help you with that question because I only use my player for Bluray movies and CD content playback. [ ROBERT Aug 26, 2014 ]
I am very happy with the performance of this unit. It has out performed my older setup on every level. I made the right decision in choosing Marantz. And I will do it again. [ Word of life Aug 26, 2014 ]
Lisa - wish I could help, but I haven't used Netflix streaming on this component. I stream Pandora (which is audio, so less demanding) over a wired connection to my Marantz receiver. Sorry I can't be of more help. [ ROBERT E Aug 26, 2014 ]
Depending on what you want to spend. For all practical reasons , the 5007 would do you just fine. [ GARY Jan 07, 2014 ]
Not much, love the 5007 and the price point. Dennis [ DENNIS E Jan 04, 2014 ]
From comparing the spec sheets, the 7007 has more outputs. It has 2 HDMI ports where the 5007 has one, component inputs and coaxial input where the 5007 has none. The 5007 is a nice unit - exceptional audio quality. [ MARK Dec 31, 2013 ]