Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Internet-ready universal 3D Blu-ray player
Item # 642UD7007 | MFR # UD7007
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Marantz UD7007 by Crutchfield's David Brown
Get serious with a Marantz universal player
Ready to take your home theater to the next level? The Marantz UD7007 is designed for those of us who take our movies and music seriously. With powerful audio and video processing and sophisticated construction, the UD7007 will deliver eye-popping HD video to your screen and sparkling high-resolution sound to your speakers. This universal player handles Blu-ray, DVD, SACD, DVD-Audio and just about any other disc you can fit in the tray, for an easy one-player home theater solution.
Dedication to sound quality
Marantz is known for audio, and the UD7007 exemplifies their commitment to uncompromised sound quality. With two HDMI outputs, you can separate digital audio and video streams, sending audio to your receiver and video directly to your HDTV. Not only does this protect the audio signal from interference, but it allows you to take advantage of 3D Blu-ray discs without having to own a 3D-compatible receiver.
If you own a high-end preamplifier or preamp/processor with stereo XLR inputs, you can take advantage of the UD7007's balanced outputs for clean, noise-free two-channel sound. This makes the UD7007 ideal for great sounding two-channel music systems as well as multi-channel home theaters. Coaxial digital and analog stereo outputs provide even more connectivity options for this versatile player.
Built to deliver clean signals
Connections are just part of the equation for outstanding picture and sound. The UD7007's solid construction is designed to minimize interference and noise to deliver clean signals to your components. The disc-loading mechanism is fully shielded to dampen vibrations and noise. And the independent block construction means that each of the player's internal mechanisms is isolated from one another to prevent internal electromagnetic interference. Throw in fan-less operation and a sturdy cabinet and you've got a powerhouse universal player designed inside and out to ensure uncompromised audio and video playback.
Netflix® and YouTube™ streaming
You'll enjoy more than discs with the UD7007. Connect your network cable to the Ethernet port and stream movies and TV shows from Netflix, Hulu®, VUDU® and YouTube. You can also stream videos, music and photos from a networked PC. Or pop a thumb drive into the front-panel USB port for a quick photo slide show or music playlist.
Also very good product!
What's in the Box:
- Single-disc Blu-ray Player
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Wireless remote control (RC-006UD`)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 58" HDMI cable
- 58" Stereo RCA cable
- 40" Mono-RCA cable
- Owner's Manual on CD-ROM (En/Fr/Sp)
- Getting Started (En/Fre/Sp)
- Warranty information (US)
- Warranty Information (Can)
- Important Notice
- Important Safety Instructions
- plays standard and 3D Blu-ray discs, SACDs, DVD-Audio discs, DVDs, CDs and rewritable discs
- Internet-ready for playing TV shows, movies, and more from Netflix, YouTube, Hulu and VUDU (subscription required for streaming services)
- 2 HDMI outputs for separating audio and video signals
- 3-pin balanced XLR stereo outputs for use with audiophile amplifiers
- streams photos/videos/music from a compatible DLNA-enabled Windows® PC
- BD-Live support for added bonus features with compatible Blu-ray discs
- independent block construction and fan-less design minimize distortion and reduces noise
- plays Region A Blu-ray discs and Region 1 DVDs
- selectable video resolution up to 1080p via HDMI output
- video upconversion for DVD (via HDMI)
- 192kHz/32-bit audio digital-to-analog converter
- built-in audio decoding for Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS®, and DTS-HD Master Audio
- high-resolution audio can be decoded in the player or in your compatible receiver (HDMI connection required)
- audio outputs include stereo (RCA and balanced XLR) and coaxial digital
- Ethernet port for downloading BD-Live bonus material, Internet audio and video streaming and firmware updates
- front USB port for use with thumb drives
- RS-232C port for automated control systems
- IR input and output for remote repeater systems
- HDMI cable included
- detachable power cord
- remote control
- 17-5/16"W x 4-1/4"H x 13-1/2"D
- weight: 15.87 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Marantz UD7007 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Surround Sound Decoding||
Dolby Digital Plus
DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
DTS-HD Master Audio
|4K Ultra HD||No|
|Internet Movie Streaming||Netflix,Hulu,Vudu,YouTube|
|Smartphone App Control||Yes|
|DVD Video Upconversion||720p, 1080i, 1080p|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Digital Optical Output||None|
|Digital Coaxial Output||1|
|Analog Audio Outputs||2ch|
|1080p Video Output||Yes|
|Component Video Outputs||None|
Multi-Disc Compatible: The Marantz UD7007 Super Audio CD/Blu-ray disc player is compatible with many disc types.
|Disc Type||Disc Description|
|Blu-ray||BD-Video, BD-3D, BD-R, BD-RE|
|DVD||DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW|
|CD||CD-Audio, CD-R, CD-RW, SACD|
Blu-ray Disc Compatible: Blu-ray Disc (BD) is a new high-definition disc format designed to take advantage of today's high quality HDTVs. The resolution is up to 1920 x 1080 (1080p) and the data transfer rate is up to 40 mbps. Blu-ray Discs and players offer several advantages over the standard DVD format:
- Better Picture Quality: Blu-ray Disc is a true high-definition format offering video at 720p, 1080i, 1080p, or 1080/24p resolution. While standard DVDs look very good on an HDTV, they don't provide a high-definition signal (not even when you use an up-converting DVD player). Blu-ray Disc delivers an extraordinarily sharp, clean, detailed picture, with deeper, richer colors.
- Better Sound Quality: In addition to the same multi-channel sound formats you're accustomed to with DVD (Dolby Digital and DTS), Blu-ray Disc offers Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, and uncompressed 5.1 channel PCM
- Greater Storage Capacity: What makes Blu-ray Disc's superior picture and sound possible is the much higher storage capacity of Blu-ray Disc discs. A single-layer Blu-ray Disc can hold 25 gigabytes of data, over five times the amount a standard DVD can hold. Dual-layer Blu-ray Discs hold 50 gigabytes, which equates to nine hours of High Definition or 23 hours of Standard Definition video, plus high-resolution multi-channel audio and the added features and material that require multiple discs with standard DVD.
- Backward Compatible: To ensure backward-compatibility with your existing library of discs, Blu-ray Disc players use a dual-laser mechanism: a blue laser for playing high-definition Blu-ray Discs, and a conventional red laser for playing DVDs and audio CDs.
Note: Like DVD, BD uses region codes. The region code on your disc must match the region code on your player, otherwise the disc will not play. This player is Blu-ray region A and DVD region 1. Blu-ray Disc uses the Advanced Access Content System (AACS) to prevent unauthorized recording of copyrighted material.
Firmware Updates: As Blu-Ray technology continues to evolve, new disc types with enhanced functionality will become available. In order for you to enjoy this new functionality, you will likely be required to update the firmware in your player. These firmware updates will become available for downloading from the Internet, via the player's Ethernet port.
SACD: Super Audio CD use a technology called Direct Stream Digital (DSD) to convert music into a digital signal that can be stored on a disc. Compared to the traditional PCM method (the technology used for CD), DSD offers a much higher resolution by following more closely the original waveform of music. With a frequency response of over 100kHz and a dynamic range over 120dB across the audible frequency range - some 64 times higher resolution then CD - Super Audio CD offers music reproduction that reveals details you just cannot hear on a normal CD.
DVD Audio: DVD Audio is a digital audio format that delivers high-fidelity audio content on a DVD disc. DVD-Audio supports bit depths up to 24-bit and sample rates up to 192 kHz, while CD audio is only 16-bit, 44.1 kHz. Compared to CD audio discs, DVD Audio offers considerable more music storage, higher audio quality, and additional audio channels for surround sound. DVD-Audio offers many possible configurations of audio channels (up to 5.1-channel surround sound).
AVCHD Playback: The UD7007 will play home videos recorded in AVCHD (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264), a high definition digital video camera format used to record in high definition or standard definition on DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW discs. AVCHD can also be played from a USB flash memory device connected to the front panel port.
DivX File Playback: The UD7007 supports playback of DivX (up to DivX Plus HD) files recorded on DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW discs, USB flash memory, or streamed from the connected network. This unit supports DivX file sizes up to 2 GB.
JPEG/PNG Playback: The player will also playback JPEG/PNG still image files written to CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW discs, USB flash memory, or streamed from the connected network; image resolutions from 32 x 32 pixels to 4,096 x 4,096 pixels are supported. The maximum file size is 12 MB. The name of the folder and file can be displayed, up to 32 characters. Images can be played as a slide-show and can be rotated as needed.
MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/FLAC Playback: The Marantz Blu-ray player will play MP3, WMA, AAC, and LPCM audio files written to CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, and DVD+R/RW discs, USB flash memory, or streamed from the connected network. The name of the folder and file can be displayed, up to 32 characters. The following file specifications are supported:
- MP3: sampling frequencies of 32, 44.1, or 48 kHz and bit rates of 64-320 kbps
- WMA: sampling frequencies of 32, 44.1, or 48 kHz and bit rates of 48-192 kbps
- AAC: sampling frequencies of 32, 44.1, or 48 kHz and constant bit rates of 32-320 kbps
- WAV (LPCM): 16/24-bit, and sampling frequencies of 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz
- FLAC: 8/16/24-bit, and sampling frequencies of 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz
High Quality Construction: The Marantz UD7007's sleek contoured front panel combines both aluminum and reinforced resin composite to dampen resonance and blend with virtually any décor. The chassis' rigid construction helps resist the destructive effects of unwanted vibration, while the custom-engineered feet and dual-layered bottom-panel add a further barrier to vibration as well as a nicely finished look. The Blu-ray player's centrally located disc mechanism places the critical disc-laser interface in the middle of the chassis to minimize the kind of artifacts that could impact both audio and video quality. Additional high-quality design features include:
- Fully Shielded Drive Mechanism: The Marantz SACD/Blu-ray player employs a fully shielded drive mechanism which suppresses internal and external vibrations and electromagnetic noise for consistent, precise playback.
- Independent Block Construction: The SACD/Blu-ray player incorporates separated 5-block construction for faithful playback of audio and video signals (Disc mechanism, Analog audio, Power supply, Indicator, and Core processing block).
- Fan-less Design: The Marantz UD5007 employs a fan-less design which makes the player exceptionally quiet during playback.
Dual HDMI Outputs (w/ AV Pure Direct): The Marantz SACD/Blu-ray player is fitted with dual HDMI (ver. 1.4a) outputs. Dual HDMI outputs allow individual HDMI video and audio connections to your HDTV and to your A/V receiver or surround processor. This connection method (know as AV Pure Direct) allows for clearer signal transmission with very little interference between audio/video signals. The Dual HDMI outputs do not allow simultaneous audio/video output to two separate televisions.
Note: This player does not feature any analog video outputs; such as component, composite, or S-video.
1080p Resolution w/ Scaling: Video resolutions include 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p and 1080/24p. There are also Source Direct (source resolution is not changed) and Auto (outputs the highest resolution compatible with the connected display) settings. DVD discs, USB video, and network steaming video can be scaled, up to 1080p (60/24 Hz) from the HDMI port.
Progressive Mode: The Marantz UD7007 allows you to set the appropriate progressive conversion mode for the source video material (film or video) you are watching. You can choose from:
- Auto: Detects the type of video material and automatically switches the mode. Normally, this setting is used most often.
- Video: Suitable for playing video material discs.
- Film: Suitable for playing film material discs.
3D Ready: The Marantz UD7007 lets you enjoy 3D Blu-ray disc movies in full HD 1080p. 3D viewing requires compatible 3D content, 3D HDTV, 3D emitter & glasses, and a high-speed HDMI cable (supporting at least 10.2 Gbps) connection. The Blu-ray player offers several 3D settings.
- 3D Output: You can choose between Auto (automatically determines whether the video signal is 3D or 2D) or Off (always outputs 2D video signals).
- Screen Size: You can enter the size of your TV from 0" to 999".
Deep Color + x.v.Color Support: The Marantz Blu-ray disc player supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture.
TV Aspect: This function of the Super Audio CD/Blu-ray disc player lets you set a picture size according to the aspect ratio of your connected television. You can choose from the following.
- 16:9 Wide: Select this when a wide-screen TV is connected; discs recorded in wide-screen format are played over the entire screen.
- 16: Squeeze Auto: When playing 4:3 images, the picture is displayed in the center of the 16:9 screen with a 4:3 aspect ratio.
- 4:3 Pan&Scan: Select this to play back the disc recorded in wide screen format with 4:3 TV in the Pan&Scan mode with the side of the picture cut off.
- 4:3 Letter Box: select this to play back the disc recorded in wide screen format with 4:3 TV in the letter box mode with black strips at the top and bottom.
Picture Adjustment: You can adjust the picture quality of the Super Audio CD/Blu-ray disc player's video output connected to your television and save up to 5 picture setting presets. You can adjust the following picture settings.
- 3DNR: Reduces the overall level of noise on the picture (0 to +3).
- BNR: Reduces the block noise generated by digital processing (0 to +3).
- MNR: Reduces the noise around the outline of an object generated by digital processing (0 to +3).
- Contrast: Adjusts the difference between the bright and dark parts of the picture (-6 to +6).
- Brightness: Adjusts the brightness of the picture (0 to +12).
- Gamma Correction: Detailed adjustments of the picture's brightness (-4 to +4).
- Hue (color tone): Adjusts the balance between the green and red (-6 to +6).
- Chroma Level: Adjusts the density of the colors (-6 to +6).
Slow Forward Playback: The unit allows Slow Forward Playback in three different speeds (1/8, 1/4. 1/2x) for BD-video, DVD-video, DVD-VR, AVCHD, and DivX discs. Sound is muted during this function.
Resume Playback: This function allows you to resume playback from the point at which the playback has been stopped on the disc even if the power to unit is turned off.
Marker: You can mark electric reference points on a disc to view at a later time. This feature allows you to assign a specific point on a title or track to be called back later. You can mark up to 12 points.
Zoom: The player allows you to magnify an image on-screen 1.2x, 1.5x, 2x, or 4x that of normal size and then allows you to pan through that zoomed image. This function is possible on DVD-video, DVD-R/RW, JPEG and DivX discs.
Angle: Some BD and DVD discs contain scenes which have been shot simultaneously from various angles. This player allows you to select from these different camera angles.
Premium Build Quality: From the chassis to the disc mechanism, every component of the UD7007 disc player has been engineered to deliver a faithful, audiophile-grade sound. The disc mechanism is fully shielded to dampen internal and external vibrations. Sound quality is further improved by the player's five-block construction, which offers thorough protection from electromagnetic interference.
Balanced HDAM-SA2 Circuitry: The player uses Marantz's exclusive HDAM-SA2 (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules) circuitry, which shortens the signal pathway and maintains signal purity.
192kHz/32-Bit DAC: For optimum audio quality, the Marantz UD7007 is equipped with the latest specification HDMI output and an audiophile stereo output that features premium 32 bit/192 kHz D/A converters. For multi-channel SACD compatibility, the UD7007 provides stereo mix down along with bass management via the analog stereo.
Audio Formats: The Super Audio CD/Blu-ray disc player's HDMI and coaxial digital outputs are capable of Multi-channel Surround playback, Multi Linear PCM playback, and 2-channel Linear PCM audio playback. The UD7007 supports the following Audio Formats depending on the unit's HDMI or digital output setting, disc type used, and audio recording format of disc.
|Disc Type||Audio Recording Format||HDMI Out Setting||Digital Coaxial Out Setting|
|BD-video||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||Multi Linear PCM||Dolby Digital||2ch Linear PCM|
|Dolby Digital Plus||Dolby Digital Plus||Dolby Digital|
|Dolby TrueHD||Dolby TrueHD||Dolby Digital|
|Linear PCM||Multi Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM|
|AVCHD||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital|
|Linear PCM||Multi Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM|
|DVD-video||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital|
|Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM|
|DivX||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital|
|MP3/MP2||2ch Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM|
|DVD Audio||Linear PCM||Multi Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM|
|CD-Audio, MP3/WMA/AAC||2ch Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM||2ch Linear PCM|
|Super Audio CD||DSD||No audio output||No audio output|
|DTS-CD||DTS||Multi Linear PCM||DTS||2ch Linear PCM|
Audio Adjustments: The Marantz UD7007 offers the following advanced audio settings.
- Pure Direct: By selecting the Pure Direct Mode, you shut down the circuitry of the front panel and video output for even lesser audio interference and greater sound quality.
- DRC: This feature compresses the dynamic range of Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital Plus/Dolby TrueHD soundtracks. At night or other times when you cannot play back at high volume, this compensates by reducing high-level sounds and increasing low level sounds.
- A/V Sync: The audio output is synchronized to the video output from the HDMI or component terminal.
Music Playback Modes: The Marantz UD7007 offers the following music playback modes.
- Program Play: You can program up to a maximum of 15 audio tracks.
- Repeat Play: You can repeat an entire music disc, music folder, or a single music track.
- Random Play: You can play your music tracks in a random order.
Audio Outputs: The Marantz UD7007 is equipped with the following digital and analog (balanced/unbalanced) audio outputs.
- Digital Coaxial Output: This unit features a coaxial digital audio output connection which supports both PCM and Dolby Digital/DTS bitstream. The coaxial digital audio output can be connected to an A/V receiver, amplifier, surround decoder (Dolby Digital, DTS), or other component.
- Unbalanced Analog RCA Output: The UD7007 features a stereo audio output for connecting to a stereo analog input on a TV or receiver. The two-channel audio outputs are also helpful when wanting to send the audio signal of the SACD/Blu-ray player to Zone 2 of your home theater receiver.
- Balanced Analog XLR Output: With balanced analog audio outputs you can enjoy a noise free signal transfer to your audio system.
Note: Even when the source audio is multi-channel (Dolby Digital, DTS, DVD-Audio, SACD), the analog jacks will output a downmixed 2-channel signal.
USB Port: The Marantz UD7007 is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port for playback of audio, still image, and video files stored on a USB memory device. You USB memory device must be formatted with FAT16 or FAT32. The player can recognize up to 8 folder layers, 999 folders, and 999 files. The unit will display file/folder names up to 32 characters and artist/song titles up to 60 characters. The UD7007 supports the following audio, photo, and video files via a USB memory device.
|Playable Media||File Type||Bit Rate||Sampling Frequency|
|Audio||MP3||64-320 kbps||32, 44.1, 48 kHz|
|WMA||48-192 kbps||32, 44.1, 48 kHz|
|AAC||32-320 kbps||32, 44.1, 48 kHz|
|LPCM (WAV)||16 bits||44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz|
|FLAC||8, 16, 24-bits (64 kbps-16.2 Mbps)||32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz|
|Playable Media||File Type||Resolution||Maximum File Capacity|
|Photo||JPEG||32 x 32 pixels to 4096 x 4096 pixels||12 MB|
|Playable Media||File Type||Video Layer||Audio Layer|
|MPEG||MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4||MP3, AAC, WMA, AC-3|
|WMV||WMV9, WMV9AP (VC-1)||WMA, AAC, AC-3, DTS|
|AVI||MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4||PCM, MP3, AAC, AC-3|
|DivX||up to DivX Plus HD||MP3, AAC|
Network Connection: The Marantz UD7007 Super Audio CD/Blu-ray disc player is equipped with a rear-panel Ethernet jack which lets you connect the player to your home network. Once the unit is connected to your network, you can enjoying the following functions.
- Playback of a Blu-ray disc supporting BD-Live.
- Playback of music, photo, and video files stored on a device on your network.
- Playback of select video on-demand services (Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, YouTube).
- Downloading for latest firmware updates.
Note: This unit's Ethernet (RJ-45) port supports 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX and requires an Ethernet (LAN) category 5 or higher cable, Router, Modem, and broadband Internet connection.
Online Services: Using the UD7007, you can stream videos from online services such as Netflix, VUDU, Hulu Plus, and YouTube to your home theater system
- Netflix: The Marantz UD7007 can play back movies and TV shows from Netflix when connected to your home network with Internet connection. Netflix is a subscription-based online video streaming service. Your Netflix Instant Queue (created on your computer) will display on your connected television. The Blu-ray player will support up to 5.1ch audio streaming from Netflix. It is recommended to use a broadband line connection with an effective speed of 6 Mbps or more.
- Hulu Plus: Hulu Plus lets you watch current hit TV shows, classic series, and acclaimed movies anytime in HD for $7.99/month with limited advertising.
- Vudu: Vudu is an HD on-demand movie service. With over 3,000 movies available on-demand in streaming 1080p, VUDU offers you the world's largest HD movie catalog. You can watch new movies on Vudu the same day they're released on DVD. Vudu delivers 1080p vide with 5.1ch surround sound. There is no monthly subscription fee. Pay for only the movies you want to watch.
- Vudu Apps: Vudu Apps provides you with access to a wide
range of Internet services and applications including streaming video, music
on demand, photo browsing, social networking, news, weather, and more. Vudu
Apps offers the following online applications (as of 8/30/2012).
- Featured Apps: Vudu movies, Flicker, Picasa, Facebook, Twitter, Weather, Dolby Digital Plus, Stock Tracker, Dailymotion
- Arts & Entertainment: Nation Lampoon, Scam School, Big Love, True Blood, Californication, Dexter
- Gaming: Attack of the Show, X Play
- Internet Culture: Currently no apps available.
- Music: UVTV
- News: The New York Times, NBC Nightly News, Today Show, MSNBC w/ Rachel Maddow, AC360°, CNN Daily, CNBC
- Science & Technology: Discovery, Nova, Hidden Universe, Ted Talks
- Sports: Motorz
- Travel & Lifestyle: DelciousTV, DiveFilm HD
- YouTube: The Marantz UD7007 can play back video hosted by YouTube when connected to your home network with Internet connection. YouTube is a video file-sharing service. You can use the player's on-screen virtual keyboard to search for video content offered by YouTube.
DLNA Certified: The Marantz player's Ethernet connection is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 certified and Windows 7 compliant. This means it's easier for you access and enjoy digital music, photos, and videos stored on your PC through your home entertainment system.
- Audio File Playback: MP3 (64-320 kbps), WMA (48-192 kbps), AAC (32-320 kbps), LPCM/WAV (16/24-bits), and FLAC (8/16/24-bits) audio files stored on your computer can be played through the player via its network connection. You can control playback of your streamed audio files from the UD7007. The players also supports ID3-Tag (ver.2) and WMA META tag information so song title, artist name, album name, and album art can be displayed on your connected television.
- Picture File Playback: Still picture (JPEG/PNG) files stored on your computer can be played as slide shows on a connected TV through the player's network connection. The duration each picture is displayed can be adjusted (5-60 secs).
- Video Playback: Video files (DivX/MPEG/AVI/WMV) stored on your computer can be played back on your connected TV.
Note: You will need a Windows XP (SP2 or more), Windows Vista, or Windows 7 OS (operating system); with Windows Media Player ver.11 or DLNA software.
Media Player: The UD7007 lets you play music, picture, and video files stored on your computer via a network connection.
- Audio File Playback: MP3 (64-320 kbps), WMA (48-192 kbps), AAC (16-320 kbps), WAV (16-bit), and FLAC (16/20/24-bit) audio files stored on your computer can be played through the Marantz UD7007 via its network connection. You can control playback of your streamed audio files from the UD7007. The player also supports ID3-Tag (ver.2) and WMA META tag information so song title, artist name, album name, and album art can be displayed on your connected television.
- Picture File Playback: Still picture (JPEG) files stored on your computer can be played as slide shows on a connected TV through the player's network connection. The duration each picture is displayed can be adjusted (5-60 secs).
- Video Playback: Video files (DivX, MPEG, AVI, WMV) stored on your computer can be played back.
Note: Your computer must meet the following system requirements - Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or Windows Media DRM10. Album Art is only displayed when using Windows Media Player (ver.11)
Bonus View: The Bonus View feature provides picture-in-picture capability with select Blu-ray Disc titles. You can view additional content (such as director/actor commentary) in a small display window while the movie is playing. The necessary 1GB memory is built-in; more memory can be added via the front panel USB port.
BD-Live Ready: BD-Live technology allows you to download and stream bonus content such as additional scenes, shorts, trailers, movie-based games, and more using a broadband internet connection. The Marantz Blu-ray player features an Ethernet port to connect to the internet via your home network. The necessary 1GB memory is built-in; more memory can be added via the front panel USB port.
Standby Mode: The Marantz UD7007 provides three standby modes to choose from.
- Energy Saving: This is the lowest power consumption mode. During standby, operations are not accepted via HDMI control. The Power indicator status in standby mode will remain off.
- Normal Standby: During standby, operations are accepted via HDMI control. Power consumption is slightly higher. The Power indicator status in standby mode will remain red.
- Quick Start: Startup time is reduced, but more power is consumed in the standby mode. HDMI control operations are accepted.
Note: If the unit is in stop mode for approximately 30 minutes, it will automatically switch to standby mode.
Start Up/Play Back Time: The Start Up/Play Back Time tests were started with the Blu-ray player initially turned off & in standby mode. The Start Up Time test was stopped when the player's Screen Saver appeared. The Play Back Time test was stopped when the Blu-ray disc began playback.
- Quick Start: 5.7 seconds start up time; 20.1 seconds playback time
- Normal: 19.1 seconds start up time; 21.7 seconds playback time
- Energy Saving: 20.3 seconds start up time; 23.1 seconds playback time
On-Screen GUI: The Marantz Super Audio CD/Blu-ray player incorporates an on-screen GUI (Graphic User Interface) menu system which makes various operations and menu selections visible on your connected television set.
Parental Control: Parental Control allows you to set a rating limit, which prevents your children from viewing inappropriate material. Playback will stop if the ratings exceed the levels you set, and it will require your to enter a 4-digit password before the disc will play back. The Parental Control feature consists of an 8-level DVD and 254 BD rating system protected by a custom user 4-digit password.
Wall Paper: You can select a Blue, Black, Gray, or Marantz Logo background when the player is in stop mode or audio playback mode.
Screen Saver: The Screen Saver function activates when stop or pause status continues for approximately three minutes. The Screen Saver function also activates during playback of a CD, Super Audio CD, or audio file when no operations are performed for approximately three minutes.
Auto Standby: If the unit is in stop mode for approximately 30 minutes, it will automatically switch to standby mode.
IR Wireless Remote Control (with Glow Buttons): Included with the Marantz SACD/Blu-ray player is an intuitive IR remote control featuring glowing cursor and operation keys and direct access buttons for online video services. You can also use the remote to operate a Marantz AV receiver.
HDMI Control: When a TV supporting HDMI control is connected to the UD7007 via an HDMI cable, it is possible to use the television's remote control to perform such operations as: power on/off, function switching, and volume adjustment.
Marantz Remote App: Marantz offers a remote app you can download to control the UD7007 using your Apple iOS device or Android-based device, when using the player in conjunction with a compatible Marantz network A/V receiver. Download the free Marantz Remote App from the iTunes App Store for the iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad (iOS 4.3 or later). Or, download the free Marantz Remote App from the Android Market for your compatible Android device (1.5-up). Your Marantz network AV receiver and Blu-ray player will need to be connected to the same network as your Apple iOS or Android device.
Custom Integration: The Marantz UD7007 offers advanced connectivity and control features often required for custom home integration and theater applications using premium control systems. The following are examples of such control features.
- Remote In/Out: These RCA input/output connectors allow you to connect the UD7007 to a Marantz component equipped with remote control (RC-5) terminals.
- Flasher Input/Output: This 3.5mm input/output is used to control the UD7007 from an external key-pad (sold separately).
- RS-232 Port: This port connects to the RS-232 port on a compatible external controller, allowing control of this player using outboard remote systems.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Price Point XLR out [ M Jul 28, 2016 ]
The reviews were the deciding factor, I wanted to slim down my system. A smaller number of components, but not sacrificing sound quality. [ ORLANDO D Jun 08, 2016 ]
quality product [ lawrence Apr 12, 2016 ]
3 questions already asked
Thanks for your question. For information on comparing two or more models I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to help determine the differences and help you make the best choice for your system and your budget. [ Krissy Jul 15, 2016 ] Staff
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: The Balanced XLR connections are for transfer of audio only. Video is output through HDMI. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy May 06, 2015 ] Staff
Sorry for the delay in answering your question, I have been away from home in Europe. The UD7007, at least the version shipped by Crutchfield, states in the users manual that is is for 60Hz, 120 Volt only. So the simple answer is no, it will not work on 220V in Indonesia. Perhaps there are power converters available that would enable you to use it? [ Richard May 01, 2014 ]
Well, the one I got uses only 110V/60Hz. Sorry about that. [ paul Apr 25, 2014 ]
Some electronic equipment have a switch to allow you to use 220-240V or 120V, but this unit doesn't have that. The frequency of the voltage is also a factor. Sometimes you will see equipment where a switch switches from 220-240V @ 50 Hz to 120V @ 60 Hz and I think the 220-240V @ 50 Hz is for use in Europe. Never researched it but there may be a converter out there to go from 220-240V @ 50Hz to 120V @ 60Hz. Make sure it does a good job of keeping the signal clean during the conversion. I would say a combination of step up transformers and filters. --Dale [ Dale Apr 24, 2014 ]
No, model I have for 125 AC for United States but a 220 V model is available [ REGINALD A Apr 24, 2014 ]