Thin, lightweight tracking device
Our take on the TrackR wallet by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Slide this tracker into your wallet like a credit card
Losing your wallet may be the cruelest cut of all — you have to replace ID, cancel credit cards, and any cash you had is gone forever. The ultra-thin TrackR wallet tracking device can slide into the credit card pocket in a standard men's or women's wallet. Just download the free TrackR app onto your smartphone, and you can use it to track down your lost wallet in no time!
When you ask the app to locate your wallet, a loud 92dB ringer will issue from the tracking device. If it's nearby, you'll be reunited immediately.
Crowd locate and other special features
If you're far away from your lost item, TrackR's Crowd Locate network will show you its last known location on a map, so you know where to start looking. Crowd Locate is a clever crowd-sourced network. When another TrackR user is within Bluetooth range of your lost item, you receive a location update. There's even a distance indicator that lets you know whether you're getting warmer.... or cooler... as you search the area.
- thin, compact tracking device that helps you find lost items
- Crowd Locate function shows you the last known location of a tagged item on a map
- 92dB ringer sounds when you activate the tracking feature
- device connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth® (range: approximately 100 feet)
- when another TrackR user passes within Bluetooth range of a lost item, your item's location is updated
- free TrackR app for iOS® and Android™ devices offers remote control and tracking of one or more TrackR devices
- distance indicator lets you know when you're getting closer to your tagged item
- powered by two replaceable CR2016 batteries
- battery life: approximately 1 year
- 2-1/2"W x 1-5/8"H x 3/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Bluetooth tracker
- 2 CR2016 batteries (installed)
- Key-wring strap
- Setup Guide
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
TrackR Wallet: The TrackR Wallet is an easy way to find your misplaced wallet, purse, or bag using your smartphone or tablet through the TrackR App. It's a small, lightweight Bluetooth tracker that rings so you can find your lost item. Use the TrackR app to locate your belongings by ringing your device, finding them with the TrackR Distance Indicator, or via Crowd Locate. Plus, if you can't find your smartphone or tablet, you can press the button on the TrackR Wallet to make it ring loudly (92dB).
- App Control: The TrackR Wallet works with the TrackR app (available for both Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.4+), which you can download for free on your Apple iOS or Android device.
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE: The TrackR Wallet uses Bluetooth 4.0 LE to communicate (100' wireless range) with the TrackR app. The location of the TrackR Wallet is constantly updated using Bluetooth and the Wallet's approximate location. Because the TrackR Wallet uses Bluetooth, it will need to be initially paired with your Apple iOS or Android device.
- Ringer & Distant Indicator: If you have lost an item with the TrackR Wallet attached, the best thing to do would be to walk around the place you last remember having your item with the TrackR app open on your Apple iOS or Android device. Once you come within Bluetooth range of the device, use the TrackR app to indicate the distance you are from your lost item then make the attached TrackR Wallet ring (92dB).
- Last Known Location: If the TrackR Wallet is out of Bluetooth range, you can see its last known location in the TrackR app on your Apple iOS or Android device. If you still can't find your item, Crowd Locate can help you track it down.
TrackR App: Available for both Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.4+, the TrackR app tracks your important items through your smartphone or tablet, so you're always connected to the things you can't afford to lose. You can pair up to 10 TrackR devices to an Apple iOS device and between 4 to 10 TrackR devices to an Android OS device (depends on device manufacturer and OS). App features include -
Notes: Keep the app running in the background of your phone at all times with Bluetooth "On" and Location Services "On". Doing this allows you to see where you last had your item if you misplace it.
Two-Way Ringing: The TrackR Wallet offers two-way ringing (92dB) for finding your lost item or smartphone within Bluetooth range (100'). When you're within Bluetooth range, simply tap the item ringer within the TrackR app to make the attached TrackR Wallet on your lost item ring so you can locate it. When you're within Bluetooth range of your smartphone or tablet, simply press and hold the button on TrackR Wallet to ring your device - even on silent.
Alexa Skill: The TrackR app is now integrated with Alexa enabled devices, like the Amazon Echo (sold separately). Alexa integration allows you to ask Alexa to find and ring your Apple iOS or Android device through the TrackR app.
Crowd Locater: The TrackR Wallet does not use GPS technology. Instead, it uses Crowd Locate, special crowd-sourced technology that will help you recover your lost items safely and securely, at no additional cost to you. If you lose your item outside Bluetooth range (100'), TrackR's Crowd Locate network will automatically start looking for your item. When another TrackR app user comes within Bluetooth range of your lost item, its location will be automatically and anonymously updated in the TrackR app.
Note: When you open the TrackR app, you can see how many other users are in your area. The number of users displayed on the app are within 30 miles of your current location.
Replaceable Battery: The TrackR Wallet is powered by two user-replaceable CR2016 3V lithium "coin-type" batteries. Battery life depends on usage, with an average maximum of 2 years. The TrackR app lets you know when the battery is low and allows you to order a new one directly through the app. You can order new batteries through TrackR's Battery Replacement Program as well.
Mounting Options: The TrackR Wallet can simply be placed inside your wallet, purse, or bag. It also comes with a key-ring strap. It measures only 2.6875" (w) x 0.1875" (h) x 1.6875" (d).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
The TrackR Wallet is roughly the same exact dimensions of a credit card measuring 2-1/2"W x 1-5/8"H x 3/16"D. For more details or to discuss further, please contact an Advisor directly by phone (888.955.6000) or online chat. Thanks! [ Larry Jan 01, 2018 ] Staff