Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
26" 720p LED-LCD HDTV
Item # 68926L4500 | MFR # 26LN4500
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the LG 26LN4500 by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
Everything you need, nothing you don't
LG's 26LN4500 gives you a sharp, clear picture, using technologies that make sense for this compact 26" screen. Its 720p resolution lets you enjoy high-definition detail, and its 60Hz refresh rate is all that's needed for smooth video motion. This set's LED backlight ensures crisp picture contrast. If you need a small TV that can stand up to daylight or overhead room lights without washing out, here's the TV for the job.
The right size for the right space
The 26LN4500 fits easily into smaller spaces like a bedroom or home office — and it makes a terrific kitchen TV. The 26" screen is big enough to deliver real impact with movies, TV shows, and even video games. But it's also small enough to draw very little electricity.
ER This is a great tv for bedroom. Purchased this for my 14 yr old son. Gaming graphics are excellent. Very pleased!!
JA, Fishersville, Va
What's in the Box:
- 26" LED-LCD TV
- Stand base
- External power supply (with attached 5' DC cord)
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control (AKB73715623)
- Two "AAA" batteries
- 2 Cable-ties
- Owner's Manual
- Limited Warranty Information
- Product Registration Card
- 26" screen (measured diagonally)
- glossy screen, black bezel and cabinet
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner (subscription required to receive cable channels contact your local service provider for details)
- LED edge backlight for high picture contrast
- 60Hz refresh rate
- Picture Wizard II easy screen calibration
- MHL-compatible HDMI input for viewing photos/videos from a compatible smartphone on the TV's screen
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- remote control
- SIMPLINK simplifies control of compatible LG components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- meets ENERGY STAR® requirements
Connections and Dimensions:
- 2 A/V inputs, including:
- 1 HDMI
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- PC input
- USB input for connecting a camera or thumb drive
- this TV has no audio output for connecting a sound bar or other audio system
- minijack headphone output
- detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 13-1/2"W x 6-7/16"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 24-3/8"W x 15-3/16"H x 2-7/8"D (17"H x 6-7/16"D on stand)
- weight: 9.2 lbs. with stand; 8.8 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor carry-in service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
LG 26LN4500 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
Edge-Lit LED Backlighting: LG's edge-lit LED backlighting technology provides a slim profile and delivers amazing brightness, clarity and color detail, as well as greater energy efficiency compared to conventional LCD TVs.
Triple XD Engine w/ 720P Resolution: The LED-LCD TV utilizes LG's exclusive Triple XD Engine video processing system for crisp images and rich, vibrant colors. The LG LED-LCD TV has a display resolution of 1024 x 768 (720p).
Video Inputs: The LG LED-LCD HDTV features HDMI, Component, and Composite video inputs. All of the television's video inputs are displayed at 720p.
- HDMI (MHL Compatible): The HDMI jack will accept 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals. The HDMI port is also MHL compatible and designed for the connection of select mobile phones and other portable electronic devices. Simply plug your MHL compatible smartphone into the TV's HDMI port using the HDMI cable that is included with your mobile phone. MHL allows you to display full 1080p video and still images on the LG TV from your mobile smartphone. The TV's IR remote can be used to control basic playback functions (such as Play/Pause, Stop Fast Forward/Rewind, and Menu navigation). Your MHL compliant device will also charge while connected to the TV's HDMI port. To find MHL-certified devices, go to www.mhlconsortium.org.
- Component/Composite Video: The one Component Video input will accept 1080p (60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. The component video input can also be used as a composite video input (480i only).
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
Picture Size (Aspect Ratio): You can select a different aspect ratio depending on input source (analog broadcasting, digital broadcasting, video input).
- 16:9: Adjust the picture horizontally, in a linear proportion to fill the entire screen.
- Just Scan: Normally the edges of video signals are cropped 1-2%. Just Scan turns off this cropping and shows the complete video.
- Set by Program: Depending on the input signal, screen aspect ratio changes to 4:3 or 16:9.
- 4:3: Choose 4:3 when you want to view a picture with an original 4:3 aspect ratio.
- Zoom: Choose Zoom when you want to view the picture without any alteration. However, the top and bottom portions of the picture will be cropped.
- Cinema Zoom: Choose Cinema Zoom when you want to enlarge the picture in correct proportion. This enlarges an image with cinemascope aspect ratio (2.35:1) without distortion.
Picture Wizard II (Picture Control): This feature lets you adjust the picture quality of the original image. The LG TV's Picture Wizard II (Easy Picture Calibration) offers self-calibration with on-screen reference points for key picture quality elements such as black level, color, tint, sharpness and backlight levels. This feature takes the guesswork out of picture adjustments.
Picture Modes: The LG LED-LCD TV provides preset, user, and expert adjustment of the television's picture settings.
- Presets: Easy to use factory presets for picture mode
- Standard: provides optimum viewing for general use
- Vivid: maximizes the effect of the video by strengthening the contrast, brightness, color, and sharpness
- Cinema: optimizes video for watching videos
- Game: provides fast response speed for fast gaming system
- Eco: this Energy Saver mode changes the TV's picture settings to reduce power consumption
- User Adjustment: This mode allows you to adjust the
video quality settings manually.
- Backlight: adjusts the brightness of the backlight behind the LED-LCD screen; adjusting the back-light is recommended when setting the brightness of the TV; when decreasing the backlight, the brightness of the black becomes darker without any loss in video signal and the power consumption is reduced
- Contrast: increase or decrease the gradient of the video signal; you may use Contrast when the bright part of the picture is saturated
- Brightness: adjusts the base level of the signal in the picture; you may use Brightness when the dark part of the picture is saturated.
- Sharpness: adjusts the level of crispness in the edges between the light and dark areas of the picture; the lower the level, the softer the image
- Color: adjusts intensity of all colors
- Tint: adjusts the balance between red and green levels
- Color Temp: set to warm to enhance hotter colors such as red, or set to cool to enhance cooler colors such as blue
- Expert Mode: The LG LED-LCD TV is ISFccc Ready and contains the detailed standards necessary for professional calibration of brightness, contrast, tint, sharpness, color levels and much more to meet local lighting conditions for both day and nighttime viewing. Settings are added to preset Expert 1/2 modes for easy access from your LG remote.
Advanced Picture Control: Advanced Picture Control allows you to adjust some of the advanced video features of the LG LED-LCD TV.
- Dynamic Contrast: Adjusts the contrast to keep it at the best level according to the brightness of the screen. The picture is improved by making bright parts brighter and dark parts darker.
- Dynamic Color: Adjusts screen colors so that they look livelier, richer and clearer. This feature enhances hue, saturation and luminance so that red, blue and green white look more vivid.
- Skin/Sky/Grass Color: Fine tune Skin, Sky, and Grass color independently.
- Gamma: You can adjust the brightness of dark areas and middle gray level areas of the picture.
- Color Gamut: Maximizes the utilization of colors to increase color quality.
- Edge Enhancer: Shows clearer and distinctive, yet natural edges of the video.
- Color Filter: This function filters specific colors in the video. You can use the RGB filter to set color saturation and hue accurately.
- Color Management System: A tool that allows you to make adjustments by using test patterns; this does not affect other colors, but can be used to selectively adjust the 6 color areas (Red/Green/Blue/Cyan/Mgt/Yellow).
- Expert Pattern: Patterns used for expert adjustment.
Picture Options: Additional picture options are available to enhance your viewing experience.
- Real Cinema: Makes video clips recorded in a film look more natural by eliminating judder effect.
- Black Level: Sets the black level of the screen to the proper level.
- Noise Reduction: Reduces screen noise without compromising video quality.
- MPEG Noise Reduction: Removes noise caused by compressing video.
- Motion Eye Care: Adjusts the brightness of the screen to prevent the screen from being too bright. Dims extremely bright pictures.
Sound Optimizer: This function optimizes the sound based on the environment in which the TV is installed (Normal, Wall-Mount, Stand).
Sound Modes: Sound Mode lets you enjoy the best sound without any special adjustment using factory presets. Standard, Music, Cinema, Sport, and Game are preset for optimum sound quality.
Virtual Surround: Virtual Surround delivers a simulated surround sound effect with just the TVs two speakers.
Tone Control: You can adjust the TV's Bass & Treble, along with Left/Right Balance.
Clear Voice II: Clear Voice II enhances and amplifies the frequency range of the human voice to help keep dialogue audible when background noise swells.
AV Sync: If the video and sound of the television are not synced, you can adjust the delay of the audio output to match the video.
Auto Volume: Auto Volume makes sure that the volume level remains consistent whether you are watching a commercial or a regular TV program. Because each broadcasting station has its own signal conditions, volume adjustment may be needed every time the channel is changed. This feature allows users to enjoy stable volume levels by making automatic adjustments for each program.
Headphone Output: The TV's 3.5mm headphone output lets you listen to the television's sound privately through a set of headphones. The headphone output has a max audio output of 9-15mW and impedance of 16-ohm.
PC-Compatible: This TV offers three ways to connect your computer, so you can use the television as a high-resolution computer monitor. The best way to connect your PC to the TV is via HDMI. If your computer lacks an HDMI output but has a DVI output, you can use a DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable (sold separately) and a separate 3.5mm audio cable to connect your computer to the television. Lastly, the TV features a PC input which consists of a 15-pin D-Sub RGB input and a 3.5mm audio jack that allows connection between your computer and the television. With either connection, the TV can be set to automatically adjust to the video signals received, or you can use the setup menu to adjust the screen's Position, Size, and Phase. The maximum PC resolution is 1366 x 768 (720p).
Note: You can watch TV (RF input only) on a sub-screen while viewing the PC input on the main screen.
USB Port: The television features one USB (type-A port) for playback of video, still image, and music files stored on a connected USB mass storage class (MSC) device. The recommend capacity is 1TB or less for a USB external hard disc and 32GB or less for a USB memory. The TV will also charge USB devices that can be charged via USB (max. 5V/0.5A). The LED-LCD TV is compatible with the following video, still-image, and audio formats via USB.
|File System||File Type||File Description|
|Audio||MP3: 32-320kbps; 16-48kHz
WMA: 128-320 kbps; 8-48kHz
AAC: 32-320 kbps; 8-48kHz
|Video||AVI, DivX, H.264, MPEG, MOV, MKV, WMV: 1920 x 1080 (20 mbps)|
|Photo||JPEG: 64 x 64 (minimum);
1920 x 1440 (maximum)
BMP: 64 x 64 (minimum); 9600 x 6400 (maximum)
PNG: 64 x 64 (minimum); 9600 x 6400 (maximum)
Software Update: You can update the TV with the latest software to enhance the product operation and/or add new features via the TV's USB port
AV Modes: AV Mode is three preset picture and audio settings. It allows the viewer to quickly switch between common audio/video settings. It includes Cinema, Game, Off (standard) Modes. With AV Mode, you can easily select from one of these three picture modes to enjoy an optimized picture and sound experience.
Favorite Channels: Favorite Channels are a convenient feature that lets you quickly select channels of your choice without waiting for the TV to search through all the in-between channels. You can check which channels are stored in the memory by displaying the favorite channel list.
Input Label List: The LG TV will only display inputs which are connected to the television. You can select from preset names (Blu-ray, DVD, Set-top Box, Satellite, Cable Box, Game, PC, or DVI) to label each connected input.
Analog and Digital Caption Modes: Analog and Digital Captions are provided to help the hearing impaired watch TV. Select a caption mode for displaying captioning information if provided on a program. Analog caption displays information at any position on the screen and is usually the program's dialog. Caption/Text, if provided by the broadcaster, would be available for both digital and analog channels on the Antenna/Cable. This TV is programmed to memorize the caption/text mode which was last set when you turned the power off.
Parental Control: Parental Control can be used to block specific channels, ratings, and other viewing sources (external input block). The Parental Control Function is used to block program viewing based on the ratings sent by the broadcasting station. The default setting is to allow all programs to be viewed. Viewing can be blocked by choosing the type of the program and the categories. It is also possible block a specific channel. The Parental Control function is protected by a 4-digit user password.
Energy Saving Feature: The Energy Saving feature helps to save electric power by adjusting the screen brightness.
- Minimum/Medium/Maximum: Applies the pre-set Energy Saving mode.
- Screen Off: Screen is turned off and only sound is heard.
- Off: Turns off the Energy Saving feature.
Timers: The LED-LCD TV employs On, Off, and Sleep Timer functions.
- Auto On/Off: You can program the television to turn On and turn Off at a certain time. You can set the On and Off timer to Daily, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, Sat-Sun, or Once. You can also set the input, channel, and volume level for the On Timer. If you do not press any button within 2 hours after the TV turns on with the On Timer, the TV will automatically revert back to standby mode.
- Sleep Timer: The Sleep Timer turns the TV off at the preset time (10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes).
On-Screen User Guide: The TV offers a built-in, on-screen User Guide to help you learn how to use your new TV.
Picture/Sound Test: This function is a customer support function that can execute picture and sound tests.
IR Remote Control: The supplied IR remote control is designed to only operate the LG LED-LCD television and SIMPLINK connected components.
SIMPLINK: SIMPLINK allows you to control and play other LG AV devices connected with HDMI cable without additional cables and settings, from the television's remote control. SIMPLINK provides the following remote functions.
- Direct Play: After connecting AV devices to the TV, you can directly control the devices and play media without additional settings.
- Select Multimedia Device: Enables you to select one of the multimedia device connected to the TV.
- Disc Playback: Control playback of connected Blu-ray and DVD players.
- Power Off All Devices: When you power off the TV, all connected devices are turned off.
- Sync Power On: When the equipment with SIMPLINK function connected HDMI terminal starts to play, The TV will automatically turn on.
- Speaker: Selects either connected home theater or TV speaker.
Note: To operate SIMPLINK, an HDMI cable over Version 1.3 with CEC function should be used. This TV may work with devices with HDMI-CEC support, but only devices with the "SIMPLINK" logo are fully supported
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with a pedestal stand unattached; assembly is required (no tools or hardware required). The television weighs 9.2 lbs with the stand.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 100mm (h) x 100mm (v). The threaded inserts require 4mm machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 8.8 lbs without the stand. You must remove the pre-installed pedestal stand bracket on back of the TV before wall-mounting the television.
Note: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
External Power Supply: The television includes an external power supply and detachable 5' AC power cord. The DC connector of the external power supply sits out 0.5625" from the back-panel of the TV. The power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that sits 0.9375" from the wall.
Kensington Lock: When mounting the monitor in a public place, you can secure it with an optional anti-theft device called a Kensington Lock (sold separately). This TV has a slot on the rear panel to accommodate a Kensington Lock device.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.