Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
55" 1080p 3D LED-LCD Google TV with Wi-Fi®
Item # 68955G2 | MFR # 55G2
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the LG 55G2 by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
A Smart TV with the power of Google
LG's sleek and innovative 55G2 harnesses the power of Google to create the most intuitive and engaging Internet-on-your-TV experience yet. Of course, it also offers outstanding picture quality and conveniences, all wrapped in one of 2012's most visually striking TV designs.
Watch, listen, chat, search, surf...
Who knows more about making the web organized and accessible than Google? Connect to Google Play and now your music, books, movies, and apps from the Android market are all in one place. You can scroll through thumbnail previews of every show offered by your cable provider, as well as all available on-demand content.
Built-in apps give you instant access to a nearly limitless selection of entertainment streamed video from services like Netflix® and Hulu Plus, music from MOG, social networking, and lots more. And surfing the web is a breeze with Google's Chrome browser.
LG has solved one of the glaring limitations of most Smart TVs by including a special web-friendly remote control. It's a motion-sensing remote so you can wave and click to select apps and navigate menus. And you can type on the remote's QWERTY keyboard, which is really helpful for searching. Want to really impress your friends? Just say the name of your favorite website into the remote and there it is.
Comfortable, compelling 3D viewing, and amazing two-player gaming
Enjoy the immersive 3D experience of the movie theater at home with LG's Cinema 3D technology. The 3D effects are impressive, and with 2D-to-3D conversion and 3D depth control, you get to choose how strong the 3D effect is. LG's passive 3D glasses are comfortable and lightweight, and 6 pairs are included with the 55G2 so your family and friends won't miss out on the fun. And don't forget that LG's 3D TVs are wonderful for 2D video, as well.
LG's latest screen technology also means that you can now enjoy two-player gaming on the same TV without the need for a split screen. Two players can compete independently and see the action on a full screen. Note: Two-player gaming mode requires LG's special AG-F310DP glasses which are sold separately.
Tip: For a list of over-the-air digital TV stations you can receive, as well as antenna recommendations for your location, enter your zip code in AntennaWeb's mapping tool.
- 54.6" screen (measured diagonally)
- glossy screen with brushed-metal bezel, ribbon stand
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner (subscription required to receive cable channels contact your local service provider for details)
- displays 3D images when you wear LG's passive 3D glasses (6 pairs of glasses are included)
- 2D-to-3D conversion adds 3D-like depth to non-3D video sources
- LED edge backlight for high picture contrast
- 6,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- TruMotion 120Hz refresh rate for clear video motion
- Picture Wizard II easy screen calibration
- Internet-ready Google TV special web features include Android App Market, TV & Movie Search, and more (broadband service required)
- supports up to 5.1-channel audio with streaming movie services like Netflix and Vudu (audio quality depends on your connection speed)
- built-in Wi-Fi® to link to a wireless network
- Intel® Wireless Display (WiDi) technology for direct wireless content transfer from compatible devices with no Wi-Fi network needed
- built-in Google Chrome web browser
- dual-core processor for improved web browsing and picture quality
- video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- motion-sensing remote with built-in microphone for voice control, QWERTY keyboard
- SIMPLINK simplifies control of compatible LG components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- meets ENERGY STAR® requirements
- picture settings memory for each video input
Connections and Dimensions:
- 5 A/V inputs, including:
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- 4 HDMI v1.4
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- Ethernet port for a high-speed connection to a home network
- 3 USB ports for connecting a camera or thumb drive
- detachable swivel stand (stand "footprint" is 26-3/8"W x 13-1/2"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 49-3/4"W x 29-5/8"H x 2-1/8"D (32-1/2"H x 13-1/2"D on stand)
- weight: 55.7 lbs. with stand; 48.2 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 55" LED-LCD TV
- Stand base
- Stand body
- 5' AC power cord
- Magic QWERTY remote (AN-MR300Q)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Six 3D glasses (AG-F310)
- 6' Dual IR blaster cable
- Component video adapter (with a male 3.5mm AV connector on one end and female component video RCA jacks on other end)
- Composite AV adapter (with a male 3.5mm AV connector on one end and female composite video/stereo RCA jacks on other end)
- Eight M4 x 20mm screws (with star-washers installed)
- 4 Wall-mount spacers
- 3 Cleaning cloths for 3D glasses
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Owner's Manual booklet
- Quick Setup Guide
- Magic QWERTY Remote User Information
- Product Registration Card
- "Thank You" letter
Features and Specs
Edge-Lit LED Technology: LG's edge-lit LED technology provides a slim profile and delivers amazing brightness, clarity and color detail, as well as greater energy efficiency compared to conventional LCD TVs.
Triple XD Engine: The LG Google series (G2) LED-LCD TV utilizes LG's exclusive Triple XD Engine video processing system for optimum picture quality. The Triple XD Engine delivers a dynamic contrast ratio of 6,000,000:1 for stunning colors and deep blacks, so the TV's images are crisp, rich, and vibrant.
TruMotion 120Hz: TruMotion 120Hz provides clear, smoother images, even during fast action scenes crating a more crisper picture. TruMotion 120Hz technology lets you see sports, video games, and high-speed action with virtually no motion blur; letting the LED-LCD TV keep up with your fast- moving entertainment.
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
1080p Video Resolution: The LG Google series (G2) LED-LCD TV has a display resolution of 1920 x 1080. All of the television's video inputs are displayed at 1920 x 1080 (1080p); regardless of input signal. The LG LED-LCD HDTV features HDMI (v.1.4), Component, and Composite video inputs.
- HDMI (v.1.4 with Deep Color): The four HDMI (v.1.4) inputs can be used to connect a DVD player, Blu-ray player, or satellite/cable box with an HDMI output. The HDMI 4 input can also be used to connect a device with a DVI output (a DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable is necessary). If a DVI-equipped device is used, a separate audio cable will also be needed from the device to the "PC/DVI Audio In" 3.5mm stereo audio jack. No audio cables are needed for an HDMI-equipped device. The HDMI jack will accept 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals; as well as support Deep Color, x.v.Color, and 3D content. The television's HDMI inputs do not accept 480i video signals.
- Component Video: The Component Video input will accept 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. The component video inputs consist of a 3.5mm jack and a 6" mini-to-component video adapter. This same component video output shares the audio signal with the composite audio/video terminal.
- Composite: The composite video input will accept 480i only. The composite audio/video terminal consists of an AV 3.5mm connector and a 6" mini-to-composite video/stereo RCA adapter.
24p Real Cinema: Makes video clips recorded in a film look more natural by eliminating judder effect. DVD and Blu-ray movies are filmed at 24 frames per second (fps). With 24p Real Cinema, every frame is consistently processed 5 times in 1/24 of a second producing 120 fps with TruMotion or 2 times in 1/24 of a second producing 48 fps without TruMotion, thus totally eliminating the judder effect.
LG Cinema 3D: LG Cinema 3D offers amazing 3D depth with a brighter picture and better motion quality, plus flicker-free glasses, just like the movie theater. You get the same technology that powers the 3D films in the movie theater, right in your own home. LG Cinema 3D gives you wider viewing angles, meaning you get the same immersive 3D experience wherever you sit. The LED-LCD flat-panel TV's 3D picture begins with LG's proprietary Film-type Patterned Retarder (FPR) panel, which optimizes the separation of images for the left and right eyes. This polarized film is applied directly to the TV's screen enabling delivery of optimized images for both eyes. The images are then filtered through specially designed glasses to give you truly crisp, blur-free, flicker-free 3D images that leap of the screen. As a result, the 3D image looks 1080p and is clearer, brighter, flicker-free, and more comfortable to watch.
- Included 3D Glasses: The included 3D glasses (6 pair included) are just like the ones you get at the movie theater, so they are very lightweight and comfortable to wear. The 3D image formatting is done solely on the TV set, so the 3D glasses are passive (no batteries required) and don't need to be synced, enabling you to enjoy 3D images anywhere in your room and free from the interference of other objects. The passive 3D glasses design also lets you enjoy 3D images from any viewing angle; whether you are sitting on the couch or laying on floor.
- 2D-to-3D with Depth Control: 2D (two-dimensional) images can be transformed to 3D (three-dimensional) images. If you are watching a 2D program, the television can transform those two-dimensional images to virtual 3D images (you must be wearing included 3D glasses).
- Two-Player 3D Gaming: Gamers can enjoy two-player 3D gaming on this one TV without the need for a split screen. Now, you and a friend can compete against one another independently and catch the action on a full screen. This feature requires special glasses (sold separately; not included).
Note: This LG TV can display in 3D via 3D broadcasting or when the TV is connected to a 3D compatible device; such as a 3D-ready Blu-ray player with 3D content. The TV must be connected to your 3D source via HDMI (v.1.4) and you must wear the included passive 3D glasses in order to see these images in 3D (three-dimensional) format.
Picture Size (Aspect Ratio): You can select a different aspect ratio depending on input source (analog broadcasting, digital broadcasting, video input).
- 16:9: Resizes the image ratio to fit 16:9 screen.
- Just Scan: Displays high-quality image without loss. Only available in DTV, HDMI, or Component (over 720p) mode).
- Set by Program: Depending on the input signal, screen aspect ratio changes to 4:3 or 16:9.
- 4:3: Resizes the image ratio to fit 4:3 screen.
- Zoom: Resizes the image to fit the screen width. The top and bottom parts of the image may be cut off.
- Cinema Zoom: Formats an image to the cinemascope ratio (2.35:1) and zooms in on the ratio.
Picture Wizard II (Picture Control): This feature lets you adjust the picture quality of the original image. The LG Google series (G2) TV's Picture Wizard II (Easy Picture Calibration) offers self-calibration with on-screen reference points for key picture quality elements such as black level, color, tint, sharpness and backlight levels. This feature takes the guesswork out of picture adjustments.
Picture Modes: The LG LED-LCD TV provides auto, preset, and manual adjustment of the television's picture settings.
- Intelligent Sensor: Let the TV do the adjustments for you. Intelligent Sensor automatically optimizes the picture to the lighting and color conditions in the room for a more enjoyable viewing experience. The LG LED-LCD TV's Intelligent Sensor automatically optimizes the picture to the lighting and color conditions in the room for a more enjoyable viewing experience. Unlike other sensors which can only sense brightness of ambient light, LG's "Intelligent Sensor" uses 4,096 sensing steps to evaluate its surroundings. Using a sophisticated algorithm, the LG processes picture quality elements including brightness, contrast, color, sharpness and white balance. The result is a picture optimized for its surroundings, more pleasing to watch and which can also save up to 50% in power consumption.
- Presets: Easy to use factory presets for picture mode settings include Standard (provides optimum viewing for general use), Vivid (maximizes the effect of the video by strengthening the contrast/brightness/color/sharpness), Cinema (optimizes video for watching videos), Game (provides fast response speed for fast gaming system).
- User Adjustment: This mode allows you to adjust the video quality settings manually. Backlight (adjusts the brightness of the backlight behind the LED-LCD screen), Contrast (increase or decrease the gradient of the video signal), Brightness (adjusts the base level of the signal in the picture) Sharpness (adjusts the level of crispness in the edges between the light and dark areas of the picture), Color (adjusts intensity of all colors), Tint (adjusts the balance between red and green levels), Color Temp (set to warm to enhance hotter colors such as red, or set to cool to enhance cooler colors such as blue).
- Expert Mode: The LG LED-LCD TV is ISFccc Ready and contains the detailed standards necessary for professional calibration of brightness, contrast, tint, sharpness, color levels and much more to meet local lighting conditions for both day and nighttime viewing. Settings are added to preset Expert 1/2 modes for easy access from your LG remote.
Picture Improvement Technology (Advanced Control): Advanced Control allows you to adjust some of the advanced video features of the LG LED-LCD TV.
- Dynamic Contrast: Adjusts the contrast to keep it at the best level according to the brightness of the screen. The picture is improved by making bright parts brighter and dark parts darker.
- Dynamic Color: Adjusts screen colors so that they look livelier, richer and clearer. This feature enhances hue, saturation and luminance so that red, blue and green white look more vivid.
- Clear White: Makes the white area of screen brighter.
- Preferred Color: Set the Skin, Grass, and Sky color independently.
- Super Resolution: Provides a crystal-clear picture by impr0ving the details in an area that has a blurry or unclear picture.
- Gamma: You can adjust the brightness of dark areas and middle gray level areas of the picture.
- Color Gamut: Maximizes the utilization of colors to increase color quality.
- Edge Enhancer: Shows clearer and distinctive, yet natural edges of the video.
- x.v.YCC: This feature produces richer colors from x.v.YCC compatible sources.
- Expert Pattern: Patterns used for expert adjustment.
- Color Filter: This function filters specific colors in the video. You can use the RGB filter to set color saturation and hue accurately.
- Color Management System: A tool that allows you to make adjustments by using test patterns; this does not affect other colors, but can be used to selectively adjust the 6 color areas (Red/Green/Blue/Cyan/Mgt/Yellow).
Additional Picture Options: Additional picture options include:
- Noise Reduction: Reduces screen noise without compromising video quality.
- Digital Noise Reduction: Removes noise caused by compressing video.
- Black Level: Sets the black level of the screen to the proper level.
- Eye Care: Adjusts the brightness of the screen to prevent the screen from being too bright. Dims extremely bright pictures.
Sound Optimizer: This function optimizes the sound based on the environment in which the TV is installed (Normal, Wall-Mount, Stand).
Virtual Surround: Infinite 3D Surround is a patented LG proprietary sound processing technology that delivers immersive 5.1 surround sound with just two front speakers.
Sound Modes: Sound Mode lets you enjoy the best sound without any special adjustment using factory presets. Standard, Music, Cinema, Sport, Vivid, and Game are preset for optimum sound quality. You can also adjust the TV's sound manually by using the 5-band EQ (100Hz, 300Hz, 1khz, 3khz, 10kHz).
Clear Voice II: Clear Voice II enhances and amplifies the frequency range of the human voice to help keep dialogue audible when background noise swells.
Auto Volume: Auto Volume makes sure that the volume level remains consistent whether you are watching a commercial or a regular TV program. Because each broadcasting station has its own signal conditions, volume adjustment may be needed every time the channel is changed. This feature allows users to enjoy stable volume levels by making automatic adjustments for each program.
AV Sync: If the video and sound of the television are not synced, you can adjust the delay of the audio output to match the video.
Digital Audio Output: The optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the TV tuner or Google TV. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the television via HDMI, RCA, or USB.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: This TV can be connected to your home network via its Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi (802.11b/g/n). If both options are available in your network, the wired Ethernet connection is recommended. Either network connection offers access to your your PC movie/photo/music files, Google TV, Google Play, and the Internet.
Note: A 10 Base-T or 100 Base-TX LAN port is required for connection to this TV. Use a standard LAN cable with this TV (Cat5 or better with a RJ45 connector). The built-in WiFi operates at 2.4 GHz radio frequencies and requires that you have a wireless router/mode (802.11b/g/n).
Dual Core Processor: The Google (G2) LED-LCD TV features LG's exclusive L9 Dual Core Processor. LG Google TV's L9 Dual Core Processor delivers the speed you need for multi-tasking; like watching your favorite shows as you social network at the same time.
Google TV: Google TV allows you to access a variety of online services and content directly on the LG LED-LCD TV through a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) network connection. Google TV is an easy way to access limitless content, thousands of movies, customizable apps, videos, and browse the web; all organized in a simple to use interface. Google TV offers pay and free-of-charge instant streaming of movies, weather, videos, and photo album services. Once you have connected the LG TV to your home network and the internet, you can enjoy entertainment content, up-to-the minute news, weather updates, photo management, and more by simply using the TV's remote control and on-screen menu; all without a separate PC. LG Google TV is ideal for the viewer who desires content from a variety of platforms. Cable/satellite service can now be complemented with the best the internet has to offer, from streaming video and apps such as Netflix, Amazon, HBO Go, Pandora, YouTube, Twitter, and more. Featured apps include (as of 8/3/2012).
|TV & Movies||Amazon Instant Video||Amazon Instant Video lets you search, browse and rent your favorites instantly, right from your couch. Choose from over 90,000 movies and TV shows, including the latest new releases|
|Crackle||The next-generation video entertainment network with hundreds of movies, TV shows and original series from the vast Sony Pictures library.|
|Netflix 5.1ch||Watch TV shows and movies online or by streaming them from Netflix. Sign in to your Netflix account to browse by genre, search for titles, manage your Instant Queue and review Netflix recommendations all from Google TV. If you do not have a Netflix account, you will need to create a new account to use this feature.|
|HBO Go||Instant, unlimited access to every episode of every season of the best HBO shows, movies, sports, and documentaries.|
|Flixster||Get the hottest new movie trailers from Flixster.|
|Videos||YouTube||The world's most popular online destination, comes to your Sony Connected Device. This forum allows people to discover and watch millions of originally-created videos.|
|AOL HD||Watch the latest in technology from Engadget and TechCrunch, catch up on the latest celebrity gossip from Huffington Post, preview the latest movies from Moviefone, or even learn how to cook like a pro from personalities such as Curtis Stone, Sam Talbot and Gail Simmons - all from AOL HD.|
|DailyMotion||Engages your world with video of your interests and hobbies, eyewitness accounts of recent news and distant places and everything else from strange to spectacular.|
|Vimeo||Vimeo is a friendly place where people who take and love videos can share, watch, discover, and be inspired.|
|Music||Google Music||Shop music on Google Play and listen instantly using the Google Play Music app. All your music is stored online, so no need to worry about syncing or storage space.|
|iHeart Radio||iHeartRadio is a free, on-line internet radio service that lets you find more than 1,000 Live Stations or create commercial-free Custom Stations, featuring the artist you select and similar music.|
|Pandora||Free, personalized internet radio playing only music you love. Pandora brings an effortless personal soundtrack into your living room. Enter your favorite artists and enjoy stations created just for you. Rate songs as they play, because Pandora caters to your tastes and adapts stations to your feedback on the spot.|
|TuneIn||TuneIn Internet Radio lets you browse and listen to radio; live, local and global. You'll have access to a vast array of radio programs, from news and talk to world music and rock. Over 50,000 stations are available.|
|Moschcam||Over 800 full length concert videos recorded in Sydney, Australia's leading music venues including Jane's Addiction, Gary Numan, Ben Harper, John Butler Trio, The Hives, Blondie, Jarvis Cocker, Public Enemy and many more.|
|Flickr||Flickr is the an online service that helps you store, sort, search, and share your photos. Flickr helps you organize that huge mass of photos you have and offers a way for you and your friends and family to tell stories about them.|
|Picasa||Google's free, integrated photo-sharing where you can view all of your photos from your account.|
|News||accuweather||Local forecasts for everywhere in the United States and over two million locations worldwide.|
|CNBC||Free access to real-time U.S. stock quotes, watch lists, and CNBC's top videos.|
|Fox News||Get the day's top news stories from FOX News. With the FOX News Android App - receive FOX News Alerts, read headlines news stories, stream the latest video clips, listen to FOX News Radio, and browse through photo galleries.|
|CNN||Watch live video as big stories on fold on CNN.|
|NPR||Acclaimed audio podcasts from National Public Radio featuring news, talk, and entertainment.|
|New York Times||Download this application and get the New Your Times top news section for free, or subscribe to unlock all the sections in the app of The Times, plus blogs, videos and slide shows.|
|USA Today||The latest news, scores, weather and photos you've come to expect from USA TODAY.|
|Sports||Big 12||The Big 12 Digital Network on Google TV offers college sports fans video-on-demand access to the largest library of multi-sport full games and original programming from the Big 12 sports conference.|
|Nascar||This Nascar official app gives you access to everything you need on race day; only from NASCAR.COM.|
|NHL||Watch up to 40 live out-of-market games every week with your NHL GameCenter LIVE subscription. Plus, get unlimited access to the NHL Vault digital archives, including condensed and full-length game replays from recent seasons, as well as over 800 classic games. NHL Vault subscribers can access game replays as well as classic games.|
|SEC||Follow your favorite team and watch all the biggest plays from around the SEC with game day highlights after the conclusion of each match-up.|
|XOS College Sports||Offers the largest digital library of college sports content, spanning 75+ years of competition. Watch full games, original programming, season highlights and documentaries both past and present. All the best conferences, teams and sports are here.|
Note: It's essential to have a Google account in order to benefit from the full array of LG Google TV features. The Setup Wizard will ask you for your current Google email address. If you do not have an account, sign up at mail.google.com.
TV & Movies: TV & Movies is the simplest way to find shows and movies to watch instantly. In addition to live TV, you can browse and search for video on demand options, and filter results by price (Free vs. All) and streaming quality (HD vs. all). Much of the content is free, and other selections are yours to rent and stream at a nominal charge from one of more providers.
- Live TV: Google TV works with your existing cable or satellite TV service to help you find what you want to watch in standard or high definition.
- Shows: Search for TV shows available on Netflix, Amazon, and YouTube. You can filter shows by price and quality.
- Movies: Search for movies available on Netflix, Amazon, and YouTube. You can filter movies by price and quality.
Note: A minimum connection speed of 1.5 Mbps is required. For the best playback condition, a connection speed of 4.0 Mbps is required. Preferably a 10Mbps for HD (high-definition) content.
Google Play: This LED-LCD TV features the Android 3.2 platform and allows you to down thousands of Google Play apps. Google Play offers easy access to Android applications available on Google TV. These have been created by developers all around the world, and have been rated by your fellow users. You can decide to download "FREE" Apps or "PAID" Apps. Any App downloaded to the LG Google (G2) LED-LCD TV will be accessible under the "All Apps" menu screen.
Note: The first time you open the Google Play feature, you'll be prompted to select your Google Account in case there are more than two accounts. This will be the default Google Account for Google Play purchases and downloads. You have 15 minutes from the time of download to return an application purchased through Google Play for a full refund. You may only return a given application once; if you subsequently purchase the same app again, you may not return it a second time.
Google Chrome Web Browser: The LG LED-LCD TV uses Google Chrome as its web browser. With Google Chrome, you can search, email, shop, read the news, watch online videos, and run complex web applications. And since LG Google (G2) LED-LCD TV is Flash compatible, you've got the full sweep of web access without limitations. This includes the most popular video and web games utilizing Flash, along with social networks and rich Internet applications. Using the included Magic QWERTY Remote you can enter in URL addresses or keyword searches; or even search via Voice Search Command. You can even bookmark your favorite web sites for quicker access through Google Chrome.
Note: The TV's Google Chrome web browser supports up to Flash 10, but does not support platform-dependent technology like ActiveX. The web browser only replays the following media file formats; JPEG/PNG/GIF/WMV (ASF)/WMA/MP3/MP4).
Cloud Compatible: The LG Google (G2) LED-LCD TV is Cloud compatible. That means the apps you download to the television can also be accessed on your Android smartphone or tablet; and vise-versa (when applicable).
DLNA Certified: This TV is a DLNA Certified digital media product that can display and play movie, photo, and music content from your DLNA Certified network device and DLNA server (such as your Windows 7 PC). The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a cross-industry organization of consumer electronics, computing industry and mobile device companies. Digital Living provides consumers with easy sharing of digital media through a wired or wireless network in the home. Nero MediaHome 4 Essentials is easy to use online DLNA server software for Windows. If you are already using DLNA server software on your PC, Nero MediaHome is not required. Nero MediaHome is not required for Windows 7 since it has a built-in DLNA server.
|1.2 GHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Sempron 2200+ processor|
|OS||Windows XP (SP 2 or higher) Windows Vista (no SP required), Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 (SP 2 or higher), Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista 64-bit edition (application runs in 32-bit mode)|
|Hard Drive Space||200 MB hard drive space|
|Memory||256 MB RAM|
|Graphics Card||at least 32 MB video memory, minimum resolution of 800 x 600 pixels, and 16-bit color settings|
|Internet:||Windows Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher|
|Software||DirectX 9.0c revision 30 (Aug. 2006) or higher|
|Network Environment||100 Mb Ethernet, WLAN (IEE 802.11b/g/n)|
Note: The DLNA certification logo makes it easy to find products that comply with the DLNA Interoperability Guidelines. This unit complies with DLNA Interoperability Guidelines v1.5. When a PC running DLNA server software or other DLNA compatible device is connected to this TV, some setting changes of software or other devices may be required.
3 USB Ports: The television features three USB type-A ports (HUB/HDD/Apps) for playback of video, still image, and music files stored on a connected USB memory device; as well as storage of additional apps. The television can support USB external hard disc drives (up to 2TB) and USB mass storage class devices (up to 32GB). You can connect up to 4 USB storage devices at a time to the USB HUB input using a USB hub. The USB storage devices must be formatted as FAT 32 or NTFS file system. This TV can playback still image files, video files, and audio files stored on a compatible USB memory device. You can also use USB App port to store additional apps. If you have filled up all available space on the TV's internal flash-memory, you can store Google Play Apps to a USB storage device inserted into the TV's USB Apps port. The USB device must be connected to access these downloaded USB Apps.
PC-Compatible: This unit has a rear-panel 15-pin D-Sub (RGB) input that allows you to use it as a high-resolution computer monitor. This input consists of a stereo mini-jack and an analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack. This jack allows you to connect a personal computer with a D-Sub 15-pin output. When using the RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack, you must use the PC Audio 3.5mm input for your audio connection. The HDMI 4 input can also be used with a computer. The TV can be set to automatically adjust to the video signals received, or you can use the setup menu to adjust the screen's Position, Size, and Phase. The LG LED-LCD TV provides an optimal PC resolution of 1920 x 1080p (60Hz).
Software Update: You can update the TV with the latest software to enhance the product operation and/or add new features via the TV's network connection. The tested TV contained software version 03.02.17 (as of 8/3/2012). Visit LG'sSupport Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
LG Home Dashboard: The LG Google TV's Home Dashboard is a unique, interactive, simple-to-use on-screen user-interface that allows you to watch TV while you search for premium online content, explore Google TV Apps, adjust picture settings, switch external inputs, and select between connected network devices; all from one menu screen on the LG LED-LCD TV. The customizable LG Home Dashboard is intuitive and a breeze to navigate.
Setup Wizard: The LG Google (G2) LED-LCD TV welcomes you with a built-in Setup Wizard tutorial. When you turn on the TV for the first time, you'll be prompted to press the "START" button by way of the Magic QWERTY Remote. From there, the Setup Wizard guides you step by step, clarifying important details such as Wi-Fi connection, entering Google account info, setting up TV service, and connecting the IR blaster.
PIP: Picture-in-Picture (PIP) feature you watch live TV in a smaller format while other applications are displayed in full size. You can also move, resize or close the PIP window.
Input Label List: The LG HDTV will only display inputs which are connected to the television. You can select from preset names to label each connected input.
Analog/Digital Caption Modes: Analog and Digital Captions are provided to help the hearing impaired watch TV. Select a caption mode for displaying captioning information if provided on a program. Analog caption displays information at any position on the screen and is usually the program's dialog. Caption/Text, if provided by the broadcaster, would be available for both digital and analog channels on the Antenna/Cable. This TV is programmed to memorize the caption/text mode which was last set when you turned the power off.
Picture/Sound Test: This function is a customer support function that can execute picture and sound tests.
Parental Control: Parental Control can be used to block specific channels, ratings, and other viewing sources (external input block). The Parental Control Function is used to block program viewing based on the ratings sent by the broadcasting station. The default setting is to allow all programs to be viewed. Viewing can be blocked by choosing the type of the program and the categories. It is also possible block a specific channel. The Parental Control function is protected by a 4-digit user password.
ENERGY STAR Certified: Earning the ENERGY STAR means a product meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy. For TVs, it means they save energy both in Standby and On modes. ENERGY STAR qualified TVs use about 30% less energy than standard units.
Timers: The LED-LCD TV employs On, Off, and Sleep Timer functions.
- Auto On/Off: You can program the television to turn On and turn Off at a certain time. You can set the On and Off timer to Daily, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, Sat-Sun, or Once. You can also set the input, channel, and volume level for the On Timer. If you do not press any button within 2 hours after the TV turns on with the On Timer, the TV will automatically revert back to standby mode.
- Sleep Timer: The Sleep Timer turns the TV off at the preset time (10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes).
Magic QWERTY Remote: LG's Magic QWERTY Remote is a remote control, mouse, and keyboard all rolled into one. With simple gesture control, LG'S exclusive Magic QWERTY Remote enables you to move the on-screen cursor, drag & drop apps, select an icon and input text easily by way of the full QWERTY keyboard on the remote's reverse side. Pressing the 3D button activates 2D to 3D conversion mode and other 3D options. Pushing your Magic Remote's zoom button also makes it easy to zoom in or out of web applications.
Note: The included RF remote control uses a 2.4GHz frequency range (2.4-2.4835 GHz; 32-channels) to control the TV up to a distance of 32.8'.
Voice Search Command: Voice Search Command is a really handy shortcut feature on the included Magic QWERTY Remote. Simply press and hold the "SEARCH" button. When the microphone image appears on the screen, speak your desired search request into the remote. From the list of suggested results, make your selection by pressing the "OK" button.
Dual IR Blaster: By connecting the supplied dual IR Blaster cable transmitter to the LG Google (G2) LED-LCD TV, you can control multiple devices (like your cable/satellite box & Blu-ray/DVD player) with the versatile Magic QWERTY Remote.
SIMPLINK: SIMPLINK allows you to control and play other LG AV devices connected with HDMI cable without additional cables and settings, from the television's remote control. SIMPLINK provides the following remote functions.
- Sync Power On: When the equipment with SIMPLINK function connected HDMI terminal starts to play, The TV will automatically turn on.
- Direct Play: After connecting AV devices to the TV, you can directly control the devices and play media without additional settings.
- Select AV Device: Enables you to select one of the AV devices connected to the TV.
- Disc Playback: Control playback of connected Blu-ray and DVD players.
- Switch Audio-Out: Offers an easy way to switch audio-out.
- Power Off All Devices: When you power off the TV, all connected devices are turned off.
Note: To operate SIMPLINK, an HDMI cable over Version 1.3 with CEC function should be used. This TV may work with devices with HDMI-CEC support, but only devices with the "SIMPLINK" logo are fully supported.
Able Remote Google TV App: The Able Remote Google TV App from the Google Play Store turns your Android (3.2-up) smartphone or tablet into a remote control for the LG Google (G2) LED-LCD TV. Now you can navigate the LG Google LED-LCD TV with touch gestures and voice commands from your compatible Android smartphone or tablet. You'll also be able to share photos, videos and web pages with the TV; as well as forward notifications to the TV.
Note: You will need to install this app onto your Android smartphone/tablet device, as well as the LG LED-LCD TV. Your Android device and the LG TV must be connected to the same home network.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with a pedestal stand unattached; assembly is required using the supplied hardware. The tabletop stand allows the television to swivel 10° left or right. The television weighs 55.7 lbs with the stand.
Wall Mounting: The pedestal stand can be removed to wall-mount the television with and optional bracket (sold separately). The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 400mm horizontal x 400mm vertical. The threaded inserts require 6mm machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 48.2 lbs without the stand.
Note: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The television come with a 5' AC power cord. The power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that sits 0.9375" from the wall.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.