Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
60" 1080p plasma HDTV
Item # 68960P6500 | MFR # 60PA6500
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the LG 60PA6500 by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
A big picture doesn't require big bucks
LG's 60PA6500 is a terrific TV, plain and simple. Its beautiful 60" picture will make every moment of your viewing time more enjoyable. Plasma is the choice of most video experts because of its vibrant picture and exceptionally wide viewing angles. You'd have a very hard time finding a similar-sized LCD TV at this price that looks this good.
Getting the best picture is now easier
The 60PA6500 looks great right out of the box, but if you'd like to fine-tune settings like contrast or color, LG makes it easy. Their Picture Wizard II avoids complicated menus what you'll find instead are easy-to-use adjustments and a quick self-calibration feature. Piece of cake.
great quality for a reasonable price. great service and delivery.can always count on crutchfield. why bother checking anywhere else. why waste the time when all you need is to check a crutchfield catalog or the website
ChuckK, sewell, NJ
What's in the Box:
- 60" Plasma TV
- Stand base
- Stand body
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control (AKB73615337)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Protection cover
- Four M5 x 16mm screws (with flat-/lock-washers)
- Four M4 x 30mm screws (with flat-/lock-washers)
- Cable clip
- 3 Ferrite cores
- TV cleaning cloth
- Owner's Manual on CD-ROM
- Owner's Manual booklet
- Product Registration Card
- Warranty Information
- Cleaning cloth instructions
- 59.8" screen (measured diagonally)
- glossy screen with black bezel and cabinet
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner (subscription required to receive cable channels contact your local service provider for details)
- 600Hz Max Sub Field Driving for clear video motion
- 3,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- Picture Wizard II easy screen calibration
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- remote control
- SIMPLINK simplifies remote control of compatible LG components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
Connections and Dimensions:
- 5 A/V inputs, including:
- 2 component video (one is selectable component/composite)
- 3 HDMI v1.3
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- USB port for connecting a camera or thumb drive
- detachable swivel stand (stand "footprint" is 24-7/8"W x 14"D)
- wall-mountable (wall bracket not included)
- 54-5/8"W x 32-3/8"H x 2-7/8"D (34-7/8"H x 14"D on stand)
- weight: 89.5 lbs. with stand; 80.4 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 2 years panel, 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
LG 60PA6500 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
Protective Skin Glass: The LG Plasma TV's Protective Skin Glass delivers significant glass durability and safety, along with superior picture clarity.
Triple XD Engine: The LG PA6500 series Plasma TV utilizes LG's exclusive Triple XD Engine video processing system for optimum picture quality. The Triple XD Engine delivers a dynamic contrast ratio of 3,000,000:1 for stunning colors and deep blacks, so the TV's images are crisp, rich, and vibrant.
600Hz Max Sub Field Driving: The television's 600Hz refresh rate virtually eliminates motion blur for an incredible viewing experience of fact action sports, movies, and video games.
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
1080p Video Resolution: The LG PA6500 series Plasma TV has a display resolution of 1920 x 1080. All of the television's video inputs are displayed at 1920 x 1080 (1080p); regardless of input signal. The LG Plasma HDTV features HDMI, Component, and Composite video inputs.
- HDMI (v1.3): The three HDMI inputs can be used to connect a DVD player, Blu-ray player, or satellite/cable box with an HDMI output. The HDMI 2 input can also be used to connect a device with a DVI output (a DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable is necessary). If a DVI-equipped device is used, a separate audio cable will also be needed from the device to the "PC/DVI Audio In" 3.5mm stereo audio jack. No audio cables are needed for an HDMI-equipped device. The HDMI jack will accept 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals; as well as support Deep Color, and x.v.Color. The television's HDMI inputs do not accept 480i video signals.
- Component Video: The two Component Video input swill accept 1080p (60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals.
- Composite: The component video 2 input can also be used as a composite video input and will accept 480i only.
Picture Size (Aspect Ratio): You can select a different aspect ratio depending on input source (analog broadcasting, digital broadcasting, video input).
- 16:9: Resizes the image ratio to fit 16:9 screen.
- Just Scan: Displays high-quality image without loss. Only available in DTV, HDMI, or Component (over 720p) mode).
- Set by Program: Depending on the input signal, screen aspect ratio changes to 4:3 or 16:9.
- 4:3: Resizes the image ratio to fit 4:3 screen.
- Zoom: Resizes the image to fit the screen width. The top and bottom parts of the image may be cut off.
- Cinema Zoom: Formats an image to the cinemascope ratio (2.35:1) and zooms in on the ratio.
Picture Wizard II (Picture Control): This feature lets you adjust the picture quality of the original image. The LG PA6500 series TV's Picture Wizard II (Easy Picture Calibration) offers self-calibration with on-screen reference points for key picture quality elements such as black level, color, tint, sharpness and backlight levels. This feature takes the guesswork out of picture adjustments.
Picture Modes: The LG Plasma TV provides auto, preset, and manual adjustment of the television's picture settings.
- Intelligent Sensor: Let the TV do the adjustments for you. Intelligent Sensor automatically optimizes the picture to the lighting and color conditions in the room for a more enjoyable viewing experience. The LG Plasma TV's Intelligent Sensor automatically optimizes the picture to the lighting and color conditions in the room for a more enjoyable viewing experience. Unlike other sensors which can only sense brightness of ambient light, LG's "Intelligent Sensor" uses 4,096 sensing steps to evaluate its surroundings. Using a sophisticated algorithm, the LG processes picture quality elements including brightness, contrast, color, sharpness and white balance. The result is a picture optimized for its surroundings, more pleasing to watch and which can also save up to 50% in power consumption.
- Presets: Easy to use factory presets for picture mode settings include APS (maximizes video images while reducing power consumption, without hurting picture quality), Standard (provides optimum viewing for general use), Vivid (maximizes the effect of the video by strengthening the contrast/brightness/color/sharpness), Cinema (optimizes video for watching videos), Game (provides fast response speed for fast gaming system).
- User Adjustment: This mode allows you to adjust the video quality settings manually. Contrast (increase or decrease the gradient of the video signal), Brightness (adjusts the base level of the signal in the picture), Sharpness (adjusts the level of crispness in the edges between the light and dark areas of the picture), Color (adjusts intensity of all colors), Tint (adjusts the balance between red and green levels), Color Temp (set to warm to enhance hotter colors such as red, or set to cool to enhance cooler colors such as blue).
- Expert Mode: The LG Plasma TV is ISFccc Ready and contains the detailed standards necessary for professional calibration of brightness, contrast, tint, sharpness, color levels and much more to meet local lighting conditions for both day and nighttime viewing. Settings are added to preset Expert 1/2 modes for easy access from your LG remote.
Picture Improvement Technology (Advanced Control): Advanced Control allows you to adjust some of the advanced video features of the LG Plasma TV.
- Dynamic Contrast: Adjusts the contrast to keep it at the best level according to the brightness of the screen. The picture is improved by making bright parts brighter and dark parts darker.
- Preferred Color: Set the Skin, Grass, and Sky color independently.
- Super Resolution: Provides a crystal-clear picture by impr0ving the details in an area that has a blurry or unclear picture.
- Gamma: You can adjust the brightness of dark areas and middle gray level areas of the picture.
- Color Gamut: Maximizes the utilization of colors to increase color quality.
- Edge Enhancer: Shows clearer and distinctive, yet natural edges of the video.
Additional Picture Options: Additional picture options include:
- Black Level: Sets the black level of the screen to the proper level.
- Noise Reduction: Reduces screen noise without compromising video quality.
- Film Mode: Makes video clips recorded in a film look more natural by eliminating judder effect.
Image Sticking Minimization (ISM): A frozen still picture displayed on the screen for prolonged periods can result in a ghost image. The TV's ISM prevents images from sticking or removes ghost images. There are 3 ISM modes.
- Normal: If image sticking is never a problem, ISM is not necessary - set to Normal.
- Orbiter: Orbiter may help prevent ghost images. However, it is best not to allow any fixed image to remain on the screen. To avoid a ghost image on the screen, the image will move every 2 minutes.
- Color Wash: The color block with the screen moved a little and the white pattern are alternately displayed. It is difficult to see the after image on all colors. Once it has been corrected it will not be visible in any color.
Virtual Surround: Infinite Surround is a patented LG proprietary sound processing technology that delivers immersive 5.1 surround sound with just two front speakers.
Sound Modes: Sound Mode lets you enjoy the best sound without any special adjustment using factory presets. Standard, Music, Cinema, Sport, and Game are preset for optimum sound quality.
Tone Control: You can adjust the TV's Bass & Treble output.
Clear Voice II: Clear Voice II enhances and amplifies the frequency range of the human voice to help keep dialogue audible when background noise swells.
Auto Volume: Auto Volume makes sure that the volume level remains consistent whether you are watching a commercial or a regular TV program. Because each broadcasting station has its own signal conditions, volume adjustment may be needed every time the channel is changed. This feature allows users to enjoy stable volume levels by making automatic adjustments for each program.
Screen Off: You can turn the screen off and only sound is played through the television's speakers.
Digital Audio Output: The optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the TV tuner. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the television via HDMI, RCA, or USB.
USB Port: The television features a USB (type-A) port for playback of video (MPEG/MKV/DivX/AVI/WMV), still image (JPEG) and music (MP3) files stored on a connected USB memory device. The television can support USB external hard disc drives (up to 1TB) and USB mass storage class devices (up to 32GB). You can connect up to 4 USB storage devices at a time to the USB input. The USB storage devices must be formatted as FAT 32 or NTFS file system.
|Type||Supported File Formats|
|Video||File Type: MPEG,
MKV, DivX, AVI, Motion JPEG, WMV
Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Maximum Bit Rate: 20 Mbps
Baseline Resolution: 64 x 64 to 15360 x 8640
Progressive Resolution: 64 x 64 to 1920 x 1440
Bit Rate: 32-320 kbps
Sampling Rate: 8, 11.025, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
Slideshow w/ Background Music: The LG television lets you watch a slideshow of your photos (JPEG) while listening to background music (MP3) from an inserted USB device.
PC-Compatible: This unit has a rear-panel 15-pin D-Sub (RGB) input that allows you to use it as a high-resolution computer monitor. This input consists of a stereo minijack and an analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack. This jack allows you to connect a personal computer with a D-Sub 15-pin output. When using the RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack, you must use the PC Audio 3.5mm input for your audio connection. The HDMI 2 input can also be used with a computer. The TV can be set to automatically adjust to the video signals received, or you can use the setup menu to adjust the screen's Position, Size, and Phase. The LG Plasma TV provides an optimal PC resolution of 1920 x 1080p (60Hz).
Software Update: You can update the TV with the latest software to enhance the product operation and/or add new features via the TV's USB port. Visit LG's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
AV Modes: AV Mode is three preset picture and audio settings. It allows the viewer to quickly switch between common audio/video settings. It includes Cinema, Sports, and Game Modes. With AV Mode, you can easily select from one of three picture modes; Cinema (optimized for movies), Games (optimized for gaming), or Off (optimized for basic viewing) to enjoy an optimized picture and sound experience.
Favorite Channels: Favorite Channels are a convenient feature that lets you quickly select channels of your choice without waiting for the TV to search through all the in-between channels. You can check which channels are stored in the memory by displaying the favorite channel list.
Input Label List: The LG HDTV will only display inputs which are connected to the television. You can select from preset names to label each connected input.
Analog/Digital Caption Modes: Analog and Digital Captions are provided to help the hearing impaired watch TV. Select a caption mode for displaying captioning information if provided on a program. Analog caption displays information at any position on the screen and is usually the program's dialog. Caption/Text, if provided by the broadcaster, would be available for both digital and analog channels on the Antenna/Cable. This TV is programmed to memorize the caption/text mode which was last set when you turned the power off.
Picture/Sound Test: This function is a customer support function that can execute picture and sound tests.
Parental Control: Parental Control can be used to block specific channels, ratings, and other viewing sources (external input block). The Parental Control Function is used to block program viewing based on the ratings sent by the broadcasting station. The default setting is to allow all programs to be viewed. Viewing can be blocked by choosing the type of the program and the categories. It is also possible block a specific channel. The Parental Control function is protected by a 4-digit user password.
Timers: The Plasma TV employs On, Off, and Sleep Timer functions.
- Auto On/Off: You can program the television to turn On and turn Off at a certain time. You can set the On and Off timer to Daily, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, Sat-Sun, or Once. You can also set the input, channel, and volume level for the On Timer. If you do not press any button within 2 hours after the TV turns on with the On Timer, the TV will automatically revert back to standby mode.
- Sleep Timer: The Sleep Timer turns the TV off at the preset time (10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes).
IR Remote Control: The supplied remote control is designed to only operate the LG Plasma television and SIMPLINK connected components. The numeric keypad, volume up/down, channel up/down, and input buttons are glow-in-the-dark.
SIMPLINK: SIMPLINK allows you to control and play other LG AV devices connected with HDMI cable without additional cables and settings, from the television's remote control. SIMPLINK provides the following remote functions.
- Sync Power On: When the equipment with SIMPLINK function connected HDMI terminal starts to play, The TV will automatically turn on.
- Direct Play: After connecting AV devices to the TV, you can directly control the devices and play media without additional settings.
- Select AV Device: Enables you to select one of the AV devices connected to the TV.
- Disc Playback: Control playback of connected Blu-ray and DVD players.
- Switch Audio-Out: Offers an easy way to switch audio-out.
- Power Off All Devices: When you power off the TV, all connected devices are turned off.
Note: To operate SIMPLINK, an HDMI cable over Version 1.3 with CEC function should be used. This TV may work with devices with HDMI-CEC support, but only devices with the "SIMPLINK" logo are fully supported.
RS-232C Port (Control & Service): The RS-232C on this TV is intended to be used with third party RS-232C control hardware and software. The RS-232C port allows you connect the RS-232C input jack to an external control device (such as a computer or an A/V control system) to control the TV's functions externally.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with a pedestal stand unattached; assembly is required using the supplied hardware. The tabletop stand allows the television to swivel 20° left or right. The television weighs 89.5 lbs with the stand.
Wall Mounting: The pedestal stand can be removed to wall-mount the television with and optional bracket (sold separately). The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 600mm horizontal x 400mm vertical. The threaded inserts require 8mm machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 80.4 lbs without the stand.
Note: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The television includes a detachable 5' AC power cord which plugs into the rear-panel of the TV. The AC cord protrudes 0.25" from the rear-panel of the television (already accounted for in overall depth of TV). The power cord is fitted with a straight AC plug that sits 2.0625" from the wall.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.