Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
65" Smart LED 4K Ultra HD TV
Crutchfield: 2014 LG ultra HDTVs
Item # 68965L9700 | MFR # 65LA9700
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the LG 65LA9700 by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
4K Ultra HD TV — LG redefines high definition
A built-in multi-speaker sound bar enhances the super-detailed picture with rich sound.
LG's 65" 65LA9700 Ultra High Definition TV narrows the gap between watching a movie in a theater and viewing at home. Today's state-of-the-art cinemas use "4K" projectors to wow audiences with incredible picture detail and depth. LG's 4K TVs provide that same you-are-there realism, from the comfort of your couch.
With four times the detail of current 1080p HDTVs, 4K Ultra HD TVs have over 8 million pixels. Even standing right next to the screen it's nearly impossible to discern individual pixels.
And there's more to this TV than its exceptional detail. LG also used its most advanced technologies for the LCD panel and the all-important LED backlight. The 65LA9700 is packed with other great innovations, as well, from a built-in retractable sound bar to an impressive batch of Smart TV apps.
The recipe for producing the best TV picture
Even in the small and elite club of 4K TVs, LG's models stand out for their excellent off-axis picture quality. That's often a weakness for LCD TVs, but LG addresses it with their IPS panel technology. When we've checked out other top LG TVs we've always been impressed at how the picture contrast and color remain crisp even as we've moved around to the sides of the screen. It makes a big difference when you're watching with a group of friends or family.
The 65LA9700 also uses LG's most advanced LED backlight technology, called NANO Full LED. It is what's known as a "full array" backlight, which is expensive to build and increasingly rare. Most LED-LCD TVs have the LEDs spaced around the edge of the screen, but the NANO Full LED system uses a grid of LEDs behind the screen for precise, uniform illumination. These LEDs are grouped into over a hundred zones which can independently dim or brighten. LG's Micro Pixel Control analyzes the video content scene by scene, then dims and/or brightens specific sections of the screen, producing strikingly realistic picture contrast with deep black levels and natural colors. This precisely controlled "local dimming" allows the 65LA9700 to simultaneously display everything from the infinite black of a deep-space star field to the brilliant white of an Arctic snowfield — even in the same scene.
The retractable sound bar lowers into place when you're watching, then slides up and out of sight when not in use.
A built-in sound bar provides a sonic and visual surprise
LG's unique sliding sound bar delivers sound quality that complements the 65LA9700's superb 4K picture. With a total of seven speakers including a woofer, backed by 50 watts of power, this sound bar is a big improvement over typical TV speakers. And when you aren't watching TV, the sound bar automatically recedes, preserving this model's elegantly minimalist look.
Up-to-the-minute Smart TV features
The 65LA9700 is one of LG's web-savviest TVs. Built-in apps give you instant access to a nearly limitless selection of entertainment — streamed video from services like Netflix®, Vudu®, and Hulu Plus™, music from Pandora® and Rhapsody®, social networking, and lots more. LG's simple-to-use interface also includes a browser so you can jump on the web during commercials. A dual-core processor really speeds up web browsing and app multitasking. LG's user-friendly TV/web interface makes navigation a piece of cake.
LG's Magic Remote is no ordinary "clicker"
LG's latest motion-sensing Magic Remote uses gesture controls to let you easily search and select web entertainment just by pointing and clicking. It's very similar to using a wireless videogame controller or an air mouse. Other nice touches include a scroll wheel and a built-in microphone for voice commands.
There's also a pop-up camera on the top of the TV that makes it easy to stay in touch with friends and family through Skype®. This big, sharp screen makes room for multiple people to join in the conversation.
What's in the Box:
- 65" LED-LCD TV
- Stand base
- Magic motion remote (AN-MR400G)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Four 3D glasses (AG-F310)
- Component video adapter (w/ a male 3.5mm AV connector on one end and female component video RCA jacks on other end)
- Composite AV adapter (w/ a male 3.5mm AV connector on one end and female composite video/stereo RCA jacks on other end)
- Four M4 x 14mm stand screws (w/star-washers)
- Four M6 x 54mm screws (w/ flat-washers)
- 4 Wall-mount spacers
- Cleaning cloth
- NFC Tag On sticker
- Owner's Manual
- Smart TV Quick Setup Guide
- Magic Motion Remote User Information
- Product Registration Card
- Warranty Information
- 64.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- glossy screen, black bezel and cabinet
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner (subscription required to receive cable channels contact your local service provider for details)
- Ultra High Definition TV with "4K" screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- 3D TV (includes 4 pairs of passive 3D glasses)
- IPS (In-Plane Switching) LCD panel provides excellent off-axis viewing
- Nano Full LED full-array backlight with Micro Pixel Control local dimming for superb picture contrast and black levels
- Motion Clarity Index 1200 (120Hz refresh rate plus backlight scanning)
- Ultra HD Resolution Upscaler video processing
- Internet-ready Smart TV plays Netflix® video and more (subscription required for some services)
- built-in Wi-Fi® to link to a wireless network
- top-mounted pop-up camera
- dual-core processor for improved web browsing and picture quality
- video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- MHL-compatible HDMI input for viewing photos/videos from a compatible smartphone on the TV's screen
- built-in retractable sound bar with 4 speakers and a woofer (10 watts x 5)
- motion-sensing Magic Remote with built-in microphone for voice control
- free downloadable apps for iOS® and Android let you use a compatible smartphone as a remote control
Connections and Dimensions:
- 4 A/V inputs, including:
- 3 HDMI (HDMI inputs are not HDCP 2.2-compliant and will not support copy-protected 4K video content)
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- minijack headphone output can also be connected to a sound bar or other audio system
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to a home network
- 3 USB inputs for connecting a camera or thumb drive
- detachable swivel stand (stand "footprint" is 53-7/8"W x 12-13/16"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 57-1/16"W x 34-1/16"H x 3-3/8"D (35-7/8"H x 12-13/16"D on stand)
- weight: 97.4 lbs. with stand; 89.5 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
LG 65LA9700 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
Ultra HD 4K Resolution: The LG LA9700 series Ultra-HD LED-LCD TV has a display resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 (4K) and will display all video at that resolution; regardless of input signal. 4K provides four times higher resolution than current 1080p high-definition TVs. Its detail is so vivid and crisp, even when viewed from close distances; it's nearly impossible to discern a single pixel, even from inches away. Watch everything bigger, richer, and in more detail than ever in stunning 4K; the next generation of TV resolution.
Note: No ultra high-definition 4K video content is currently available. No broadcast or other standard currently exists for ultra high-definition 4K television. The LG LA9700 series TV may not be compatible with such standards if and when developed.
Nano Full LED w/ Micro Pixel Control: Nano Full LED is the most advanced LED technology available from LG. LG's Micro Pixel Control incorporates up to 144 blocks of LEDs throughout the back panel of that TV that can individually brighten and dim each segment of the screen. This results in the deepest, darkest, and most natural colors for superior picture performance.
Tru-Ultra HD Engine: Picture quality is upscaled through a 4-step process that enhances the detail of your show, movie, game, or sport; so that you can enjoy the benefit of 4K resolution from any source. With the additional step of analyzing data compared to other manufacturers 3-step process, you will truly experience the picture you expect from an Ultra HD 4K TV.
178° Viewing Angle: LG's state-of-the-art screen panel provides a 178° wide viewing angle that makes every location the best seat in the house. Family and friends will enjoy vibrant color and virtually blur-free pictures clear across the room.
Video Inputs: The LG ultra high-definition LED-LCD TV features HDMI (v.1.4), Component, and Composite video inputs.
- HDMI (v.1.4): The three HDMI inputs will accept 4K, 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals. The HDMI inputs not only allow you to connect your Blu-ray/DVD player or Satellite/Cable receiver to the TV, but also a laptop or computer. The HDMI jacks also support Deep Color, x.v.Color, and 3D content. The HDMI 1 input is ARC compatible and the HDMI 3 input is MHL compatible. The television's HDMI inputs do not accept 480i video signals.
- Component Video: The Component Video input will accept 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. The component video inputs consist of a 3.5mm jack and a 6" mini-to-component video adapter. This same component video output shares the audio signal with the composite audio/video terminal.
- Composite: The composite video input will accept 480i only. The composite audio/video terminal consists of an AV 3.5mm connector and a 6" mini-to-composite video/stereo RCA adapter.
Note: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
HDMI (MHL) Port: The HDMI 3 port is designed for the connection of select mobile phones and other portable electronic devices using the new MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) standard. Simply plug your MHL compatible smartphone into the TV's HDMI 3 (MHL) port using the HDMI cable that is included with your mobile phone. MHL allows you to display full 1080p video and still images on the LG TV from your mobile smartphone. The TV's IR remote can be used to control basic playback functions (such as Play/Pause, Stop Fast Forward/Rewind, and Menu navigation). Your MHL compliant device will also charge while connected to the TV's HDMI 3 port. To find MHL-certified devices, go to www.mhlconsortium.org
TrueMotion 240Hz: TrueMotion 240Hz provides clear, smoother images, even during fast action scenes crating a more crisper picture. TrueMotion 240Hz technology lets you see sports, video games, and high-speed action with virtually no motion blur; letting the Ultra-HD LED-LCD TV keep up with your fast- moving entertainment. TrueMotion 240Hz has four settings; Smooth, Clear, Clear Plus, and User. The User mode lets you manually adjust the TV's judder and blur.
24p Real Cinema: Makes video clips recorded in a film look more natural by eliminating judder effect. DVD and Blu-ray movies are filmed at 24 frames per second (fps). With 24p Real Cinema, every frame is consistently processed 5 times in 1/24 of a second producing 120 fps with TrueMotion or 2 times in 1/24 of a second producing 48 fps without TrueMotion, thus totally eliminating the judder effect.
Ultra Cinema Cinema 3D: With Ultra HD Cinema 3D you get 4x the resolution of Full HD 1080p while watching 3D. Ultra HD Cinema 3D offers amazing 3D depth with a brighter picture and better motion quality, plus flicker-free glasses, just like the movie theater. You get the same technology that powers the 3D films in the movie theater, right in your own home. LG Cinema 3D gives you wider viewing angles, meaning you get the same immersive 3D experience wherever you sit. The LED-LCD flat-panel TV's 3D picture begins with LG's proprietary Film-type Patterned Retarder (FPR) panel, which optimizes the separation of images for the left and right eyes. This polarized film is applied directly to the TV's screen enabling delivery of optimized images for both eyes. The images are then filtered through specially designed glasses to give you truly crisp, blur-free, flicker-free 3D images that leap of the screen.
- Included 3D Glasses: The included 3D glasses (4 pair included) are just like the ones you get at the movie theater, so they are very lightweight and comfortable to wear. The 3D image formatting is done solely on the TV set, so the 3D glasses are passive (no batteries required) and don't need to be synced, enabling you to enjoy 3D images anywhere in your room and free from the interference of other objects. The passive 3D glasses design also lets you enjoy 3D images from any viewing angle; whether you are sitting on the couch or laying on floor.
- 2D-to-3D with Depth Control: 2D (two-dimensional) images can be transformed to 3D (three-dimensional) images. If you are watching a 2D program, the television can transform those two-dimensional images to virtual 3D images (you must be wearing included 3D glasses).
- Two-Player Gaming: Gamers can enjoy two-player 2D gaming on this one TV without the need for a split screen. Now, you and a friend can compete against one another independently and catch the action on a full screen. This feature requires special glasses (AG-F310DP, sold separately by LG).
Note: This LG TV can display in 3D via 3D broadcasting or when the TV is connected to a 3D compatible device; such as a 3D-ready Blu-ray player with 3D content. The TV must be connected to your 3D source via HDMI (v.1.4) and you must wear the included passive 3D glasses in order to see these images in 3D (three-dimensional) format.
Picture Size (Aspect Ratio): You can select a different aspect ratio depending on input source (analog broadcasting, digital broadcasting, video input).
- 16:9: Resizes the image ratio to fit 16:9 screen.
- Just Scan: Displays high-quality image without loss. Only available in DTV, HDMI, or Component (over 720p) mode).
- Set by Program: Depending on the input signal, screen aspect ratio changes to 4:3 or 16:9.
- 4:3: Resizes the image ratio to fit 4:3 screen.
- Zoom: Resizes the image to fit the screen width. The top and bottom parts of the image may be cut off.
- Cinema Zoom: Formats an image to the cinemascope ratio (2.35:1) and zooms in on the ratio.
Picture Wizard II (Picture Control): This feature lets you adjust the picture quality of the original image. The LG LA9700 series TV's Picture Wizard II (Easy Picture Calibration) offers self-calibration with on-screen reference points for key picture quality elements such as black level, color, tint, sharpness and backlight levels. This feature takes the guesswork out of picture adjustments.
Picture Modes: The LG Ultra-HD LED-LCD TV provides preset, manual, and expert adjustment of the television's picture settings.
- Presets: Easy to use factory presets for picture mode settings include Standard (provides optimum viewing for general use), Vivid (maximizes the effect of the video by strengthening the contrast/brightness/color/sharpness), Cinema (optimizes video for watching videos), Game (provides fast response speed for fast gaming system).
- User Adjustment: This mode allows you to adjust the video quality settings manually. Backlight (adjusts the brightness of the backlight behind the LED-LCD screen), Contrast (increase or decrease the gradient of the video signal), Brightness (adjusts the base level of the signal in the picture) Sharpness (adjusts the level of crispness in the edges between the light and dark areas of the picture), Color (adjusts intensity of all colors), Tint (adjusts the balance between red and green levels), Color Temp (set to warm to enhance hotter colors such as red, or set to cool to enhance cooler colors such as blue).
- Expert Mode: The LG LED-LCD TV is ISFccc Ready and contains the detailed standards necessary for professional calibration of brightness, contrast, tint, sharpness, color levels and much more to meet local lighting conditions for both day and nighttime viewing. Settings are added to preset Expert 1/2 modes for easy access from your LG remote.
Picture Improvement Technology (Advanced Control): Advanced Control allows you to adjust some of the advanced video features of the LG Ultra-HD LED-LCD TV.
- Dynamic Contrast: Adjusts the contrast to keep it at the best level according to the brightness of the screen. The picture is improved by making bright parts brighter and dark parts darker.
- Dynamic Color: Adjusts screen colors so that they look livelier, richer and clearer. This feature enhances hue, saturation and luminance so that red, blue and green white look more vivid.
- Clear White: Makes the white area of screen brighter.
- Preferred Color: Set the Skin, Grass, and Sky color independently.
- Super Resolution: Provides a crystal-clear picture by impr0ving the details in an area that has a blurry or unclear picture.
- Gamma: You can adjust the brightness of dark areas and middle gray level areas of the picture.
- Color Gamut: Maximizes the utilization of colors to increase color quality.
- Edge Enhancer: Shows clearer and distinctive, yet natural edges of the video.
- x.v.YCC: This feature produces richer colors from x.v.YCC compatible sources.
- Expert Pattern: Patterns used for expert adjustment.
- Color Filter: This function filters specific colors in the video. You can use the RGB filter to set color saturation and hue accurately.
- Color Management System: A tool that allows you to make adjustments by using test patterns; this does not affect other colors, but can be used to selectively adjust the 6 color areas (Red/Green/Blue/Cyan/Mgt/Yellow).
Additional Picture Options: Additional picture options include:
- Real Cinema: Makes video clips recorded in a film look more natural by eliminating judder effect.
- Black Level: Sets the black level of the screen to the proper level.
- Noise Reduction: Reduces screen noise without compromising video quality.
- MPEG Noise Reduction: Removes noise caused by compressing video.
- Eye Care: Adjusts screen brightness to prevent eye fatigue.
- Motion Eye Care: Saves power consumption by adjusting the brightness corresponding to movement in the video.
Retractable Soundbar: The integrated soundbar speaker provides sound quality that complements the TV's impressive 4K resolution. The TV's soundbar speaker features four full-range drivers powered by a 10W x 4ch amplifier. There is also a rear-firing bass driver on the back of the TV that is powered by a 10W x 1ch amp. When you aren't watching TV, the soundbar automatically retracts, allowing the television to maintain its minimalist look. You can setup the the soundbar speaker to open and retract when the TV is turned on/off, or you can set the soundbar to always be visible. If you are connecting an external speaker system and turn the TV's speakers off, the soundbar speaker will stay hidden away. When the speaker is retracted, the panel height of the TV is only 32.8125".
Sound Optimizer: This function optimizes the sound based on the environment in which the TV is installed (Normal, Wall-Mount, Stand).
Preset + 5-Band EQ: Sound Mode lets you enjoy the best sound without any special adjustment using factory presets. Standard, Music, Cinema, Sport, and Game are preset for optimum sound quality. You can also adjust the TV's sound manually by using the 5-band EQ (100Hz, 300Hz, 1khz, 3khz, 10kHz).
Audio Enhancements: The LG LED-LCD TV offers various audio adjustments to enhance your overall experience.
- Virtual Surround: Virtual Surround delivers a simulated surround sound effect with just the TVs two speakers.
- Clear Voice II: Clear Voice II enhances and amplifies the frequency range of the human voice to help keep dialogue audible when background noise swells.
- Smart Sound Mode: Smart Sound Mode provides optimized sound adjusted for each source input. Smart Sound Mode automatically adjust Preset/5-Band EQ, Virtual Surround, and Clear Voice II.
- Auto Volume: Auto Volume makes sure that the volume level remains consistent whether you are watching a commercial or a regular TV program. Because each broadcasting station has its own signal conditions, volume adjustment may be needed every time the channel is changed. This feature allows users to enjoy stable volume levels by making automatic adjustments for each program.
AV Sync: If the video and sound of the television are not synced, you can adjust the delay of the audio output to match the video.
Audio Outputs: The LG LED-LCD TV offers an optical digital output and 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Digital Audio Output: The optical (toslink) digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the TV tuner or Dolby Digital content loaded onto USB. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the television via HDMI or RCA.
- Analog/Headphone Output: The TV's 3.5mm analog output can be used to connect a set of headphones or as an audio output to connect your home theater receiver or soundbar system. You will need a minijack-to-RCA adapter (sold separately) to make a stereo RCA connection between the television and your AV receiver. The TV's analog audio output terminal will output 2ch audio from any of the television's source inputs.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel in HDMI 1.4 enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to your A/V receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your A/V receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input. The audio from the TV's tuner, network connection, and USB port can pass as Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM. HDMI and analog connected devices will be output as 2ch PCM only.
Note: Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an A/V receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI 1 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary.
Dual Core Processor: LG's dual core processor technology delivers the speed you need for faster web browsing, instant access to internet content, and quicker application processing. The dual core processor also supports multi-tasking, so you can watch your favorite shows and check social networks at the same time.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: This TV can be connected to your home network via its Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi. If both options are available in your network, the wired Ethernet connection is recommended. Either network connection offers access to your PC movie/photo/music files, LG Apps, and the Internet.
Note: A 10 Base-T or 100 Base-TX LAN port is required for connection to this TV. Use a standard LAN cable with this TV (Cat5 or better with a RJ45 connector). The included wireless network adapter operates at 2.4 GHz radio frequencies, which are also used by other household devices.
LG Smart TV Apps: LG Smart TV Apps allows you to access a variety of online services and content directly on the LG LED-LCD TV through its network connection. LG Smart TV Apps is an easy way to access limitless content, thousands of movies, customizable apps, videos, and browse the web; all organized in a simple to use interface (known as Smart TV). LG Smart TV Apps offers pay and free-of-charge instant streaming of movies, weather, videos, and photo album services. Once you have connected the LG TV to your home network and the internet, you can enjoy entertainment content, up-to-the minute news, weather updates, photo management, and more by simply using the TV's remote control and on-screen menu; all without a separate PC.
- Premium Apps: Get access to premium Movie, Music, and Photo content from the following pre-installed apps - Netflix (5.1ch), Vudu, Hulu Plus, Cinema Now, Crackle, Viewster, YouTube, UStream, vTuner, Rhapsody, and Picasa. Plus, get access to pre-installed Sports, News, and Weather apps like - MLB.TV, Google Maps, AccuWeather.com, and Associate Press (AP).
- Smart World Apps: LG Smart World is an online store for the LG Smart TV where you can download additional free and fee-based apps of diverse contents including education, entertainment, lifestyle, and news. Pandora will need to be downloaded from Smart World Apps.
- 3D World: 3D world gives you access to a variety of free & pay online 3D content; such as movies & sports.
- Game World Apps: This portal provides a user-friendly way to search, purchase, and play game apps through an LG Smart TV. Game World begins with the main menu, which displays a menu bar listing four categories (Featured, Top Charts, New, and Genre) for quick access to the contents. The main menu of the service also provides a tutorial, with manuals and instructions for playing games. The My Games section links users to all previously purchased games. USB-enabled gamepad (sold separately) is required.
- Social Center App: LG Smart TV provides the Social Center app that allows you to communicate via social network services (SNS), such as Facebook and Twitter while watching TV. Using the Social Center app, you can post comments, as well as view comments and pictures posted by your social networking friends at a glance. You can even use your Android smartphone as a keyboard when using the Social Center App (download the LG TV Remote app onto your phone).
Note: Visit LG Smart TV for the latest compatible apps. Internet connection & subscriptions required. A minimum connection speed of 1.5 Mbps is required. For the best playback condition, a connection speed of 4.0 Mbps is required.
Skype w/ Built-in Camera & Mic: The LG Skype app lets you make video calls from the comfort of your living room via the TV's built-in retractable camera and microphone. Using the TV's remote control, you can create free Skype accounts, log into existing accounts, and navigate via a simple Skype interface made for the big screen. You can make free Skype-to-Skype voice and video calls to friends and family, wherever they are in the world from the LG TV. You cannot use and input device, such as a keyboard while using Skype.
Web Browser: The LG Smart TV features a built-in web browser that lets you search the Internet for a particular website by URL or your Favorites list. The web browser supports up to Flash 11, but does not support platform-dependent technology like ActiveX. The web browser only replays the following media file formats - JPEG/PNG/GIF. Not all websites will be available for download, because of size and content.
SmartShare: Whether you create a network with your compatible devices, access content stored in your LG Cloud, or use an NFC tag to connect; the LG TV makes it easy with SmartShare Technology for you to share content with friends and family.
- DLNA Certified: This TV is DLNA Certified; which means it can display and play movie (DivX/WMV/MOV/MKV/MPEG), photo (JPEG), and music (MP3) content from your DLNA Certified network device and DLNA server (such as your Windows 7 or 8 PC). The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a cross-industry organization of consumer electronics, computing industry and mobile device companies. Digital Living provides consumers with easy sharing of digital media through a wired or wireless network in the home. If you don't already have DLNA software on your Windows-based computer or server, simply download the Nero MediaHome 4 software from LG's website.
- WiDi + Miracast Technology: The LG LED-LCD TV features built-in Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) and Miracast technology for direct wireless content transfer from compatible devices with no Wi-Fi network needed. Now, you can enjoy all of your personal and online content on the big screen with a simple wireless connection. With a laptop featuring Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) or Android smartphone featuring Miracast, you can sit back and experience your favorite movies, videos, photos, online shows, and more in full HD (up to 1080P) and multichannel audio (up to 5.1ch) on the LG Smart TV.
- NFC Tag On: Tag On is a data transmission technology that is used on Android smartphones (4.0+ICS) with Near Field Communication. Simply by tapping your smartphone to the included Tag On sticker on the TV, you can share audio/video/photo content between your smartphone and TV. To connect your smartphone to the TV using Tag On, you must download the Tag On app and LG TV Remote app onto your compatible Android smartphone. Your smartphone and TV must be connected to the same WiFi network, or use the TV's direct WiDi/Miracast connection.
- LG Cloud: You can save videos, music, and photos to the LG Cloud, and easily access and play these files directly on the internet-connected LG Smart TV. It's a convenient alternative to local storage, and everybody receives 5GB free.
Software Update: You can update the TV with the latest software to enhance the product operation and/or add new features via the TV's network connection. The tested TV contained software version 03.05.16 (as of 8/1/2013). Visit LG's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
Triple USB Ports: The television features three USB type-A ports for playback of video (DivX/WMV/MOV/MKV/MPEG), still image (JPEG), and music (MP3) files stored on a connected USB memory device. The television can support USB external hard disc drives (up to 2TB) and USB mass storage class devices (up to 32GB). The USB storage devices must be formatted as FAT 32 or NTFS file system. In addition, the TV will charge USB devices that can be charged via USB (max. 5V/0.5A). The LG television lets you watch a slideshow of your photos (JPEG) while listening to background music (MP3) from an inserted USB device.
LG Smart TV: LG Smart TV is a unique, interactive, simple-to-use on-screen user-interface that allows you to watch TV while you search for premium online content, explore LG Apps, adjust picture settings, switch external inputs, and select between connected network devices; all from one menu screen on the LG LED-LCD TV. A few unique features of the Smart TV on-screen menu include:
- What Is On Now?: This feature allows you to select and watch recommended programs currently available from live TV broadcasts and video-on-demand applications. You can also select and watch only recommended content related to the program you are currently watching.
- Universal Search: You can do a universal keyword search of online content, which includes the TV's internet apps and its web browser.
- My Interests: My Interests displays the weather in your area and the latest information from your top three selected categories (Sports, Movies, Music, News, TV, Business, Health, Politics, Travel, Science/Tech, or World).
- Live Plus: Live Plus is a service that provides various information on the program you are currently watching in a pop-up format. Only select broadcast companies and programs provide this service.
Picture/Video Camera: Using the TV's built-in, retractable camera/mic you can take still-pictures and motion video with audio. Still and video images can be saved to the TV's internal memory or connected USB storage device. You can adjust picture & video settings; such as color, contrast, brightness, saturation, sharpness, hue, white balance, and gamma. You can also adjust the angle of the camera within 5° vertically. When the retractable camera/mic combo is in use, it adds 0.6875" to the height of the television.
AV Modes: AV Mode is three preset picture and audio settings. It allows the viewer to quickly switch between common audio/video settings. It includes Cinema, Game, Off (standard) Modes. With AV Mode, you can easily select from one of these three picture modes to enjoy an optimized picture and sound experience.
Input & Channel Lists: The LG TV lets you store your Favorite broadcast TV channels, as well as label your input sources.
- Favorite Channels: Favorite Channels are a convenient feature that lets you quickly select channels of your choice without waiting for the TV to search through all the in-between channels. You can check which channels are stored in the memory by displaying the favorite channel list.
- Input Label List: The LG TV will only display inputs which are connected to the television. You can select from preset names (Blu-ray, DVD, Set-top Box, Satellite, Cable Box, Game, PC, or DVI) to label each connected input.
Analog/Digital Caption Modes: Analog and Digital Captions are provided to help the hearing impaired watch TV. Select a caption mode for displaying captioning information if provided on a program. Analog caption displays information at any position on the screen and is usually the program's dialog. Caption/Text, if provided by the broadcaster, would be available for both digital and analog channels on the Antenna/Cable. This TV is programmed to memorize the caption/text mode which was last set when you turned the power off.
Parental Control: Parental Control can be used to block specific channels, ratings, and other viewing sources (external input block). The Parental Control Function is used to block program viewing based on the ratings sent by the broadcasting station. The default setting is to allow all programs to be viewed. Viewing can be blocked by choosing the type of the program and the categories. It is also possible block a specific channel. The Parental Control function is protected by a 4-digit user password.
ENERGY STAR Certified w/ Energy Saving Feature: Earning the ENERGY STAR means a product meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy. For TVs, it means they save energy both in Standby and On modes. ENERGY STAR qualified TVs use about 30% less energy than standard units. The Energy Saving feature helps to save electric power by adjusting the screen brightness.
- Minimum/Medium/Maximum: Applies the pre-set Energy Saving mode.
- Screen Off: Screen is turned off and only sound is heard.
- Off: Turns off the Energy Saving feature.
Timers: The LED-LCD TV employs On, Off, and Sleep Timer functions.
- Auto On/Off: You can program the television to turn On and turn Off at a certain time. You can set the On and Off timer to Daily, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, Sat-Sun, or Once. You can also set the input, channel, and volume level for the On Timer. If you do not press any button within 2 hours after the TV turns on with the On Timer, the TV will automatically revert back to standby mode.
- Sleep Timer: The Sleep Timer turns the TV off at the preset time (10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes).
Built-in Customer Support: The LG LED-LCD Smart TV offers built-in customer support to help your learn functions and diagnose problems.
- On-Screen User Guide: The TV offers a built-in, on-screen User Guide to help you learn how to use your new TV.
- Picture/Sound Tests: This customer support function executes picture and sound tests to make sure you have the TV properly connected.
- LG Remote TV Service: LG Remote TV Service can allow LG Customer Service to help you perform menu actions and resolve many problems remotely. To use this feature make sure your TV is connected to the internet.
Motion Sensing Remote w/ Microphone: LG's Magic Remote acts as a remote controller, mouse pointer, and voice commander. This included RF remote control uses a 2.4GHz frequency range (2.4-2.4835 GHz; 32-channels) to control the TV up to a distance of 32.8'.
- Remote Controller/Mouse Pointer: The RF remote operates the TV as if it were a wireless mouse. It allows you to point the remote at the TV and move through menu options with the movement of the remote. With simple gesture control, LG'S exclusive Magic Remote enables you to move the on-screen cursor, navigate menus, drag & drop apps, and select icons.
- Voice Command Functions: The built-in microphone enables Voice Command for live TV, internet apps, web browser, and social networking. Simply press and hold the "Voice" button on the remote to activate the Voice Command function. When the microphone image appears on the screen, speak your desired search request into the remote. You can tune TV channels and search channel information, recommend and search TV shows & movies, or search the web. You can even speak into the mic to update your Facebook or Twitter status.
Note: Through the TV's setup menu, you can program the Magic Remote to operate your cable/satellite receiver, Blu-ray/DVD player, or Home Theater/Soundbar system.
Motion Recognition for Gesture Control: You can control the television simply by gesturing toward the TV's built-in camera (the camera must be manually retracted). You can use the Motion Recognition function to turn the TV off, change the channel, or control the volume. Move your hand left, right, up, or down to select a function. Close and open your fist to select the function. You need to be 4.92' to 14.75' away from the camera with an ambient room brightness of 50-600 lux. Motion Recognition is only a function for watching TV and it is not supported when using the Smart TV menu, TV apps, wireless devices, or USB ports.
SIMPLINK: SIMPLINK allows you to control and play other LG AV devices connected with HDMI cable without additional cables and settings, from the television's remote control. SIMPLINK provides the following remote functions:
- Direct Play: After connecting AV devices to the TV, you can directly control the devices and play media without additional settings.
- Select Multimedia Device: Enables you to select one of the multimedia device connected to the TV.
- Disc Playback: Control playback of connected Blu-ray and DVD players.
- Power Off All Devices: When you power off the TV, all connected devices are turned off.
- Sync Power On: When the equipment with SIMPLINK function connected HDMI terminal starts to play, The TV will automatically turn on.
- Speaker: Selects either connected home theater or TV speaker.
Note: To operate SIMPLINK, an HDMI cable over Version 1.3 with CEC function should be used. This TV may work with devices with HDMI-CEC support, but only devices with the "SIMPLINK" logo are fully supported.
LG TV Remote App: You can download the LG TV Remote app (from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store) onto your Android (2.2+) smartphone/tablet or Apple iOS (5.0+) device in order to control the television from your mobile device. In addition to controlling the functions of the TV, the LG TV Remote app lets you stream your favorite broadcast programs from the TV to your Android or Apple iOS device. You can also access the TV's online applications, SmartShare content, and Social Center apps. In addition, you can use your smartphone or tablet to enter text (making web browsing easier). You can even use your smartphone/tablet as game controller for select gaming apps on the TV. The LG TV and your Android or Apple iOS device must be connected to the same network.
Keyboard Compatible: The LG LED-LCD TV supports the use of a keyboard & mouse through its USB ports. You can enter text with the keyboard when using the Search function and the built-in Web Browser.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with a pedestal stand unattached; assembly is required using the supplied hardware. The television weighs 97.4 lbs with the stand.
Wall Mounting: The pedestal stand can be removed to wall-mount the television with and optional bracket (sold separately). The TV has four 6mm threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 400mm horizontal x 400mm vertical. The TV comes with four M6 x 54mm mounting screws and four wall-mount spacer inserts. The television weighs 89.5lbs without the stand.
Note: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Attached AC Power Cord: The television feature an attached 58" AC power cord. The power cord is fitted with a straight AC plug that sits 2.125" from the wall.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
This item was first introduced in July 2013, production was discontinued in July 2014, we have sold all stock and no more are available. [ Kenny Dec 23, 2015 ] Staff