Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
5.1-channel Blu-ray home theater system with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth® and wireless rear speakers
Item # 689BH6830S | MFR # BH6830SW
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the LG BH6830SW by Crutchfield's Marshall Chase
Home entertainment convenience
LG's compact BH6830S home theater system gives you loads of entertainment options for your living room in a single package. You can experience spectacular Blu-ray picture quality, complete with the engaging surround sound of a five-speaker system without having to shop for each component separately. You'll quickly be watching movies and listening to music from popular online services like Netflix® and Pandora®, or playing your favorite tunes from your iPod®, iPhone®, or iPad®.
Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
This Wi-Fi enabled system connects easily to your existing wireless home network — no need to run Ethernet cable to get connected. And once it's networked, you can choose from a range of available Internet movie and music services via LG's downloadable smart apps. Now you'll never run out of things to listen to or watch. Plus, you can send music from your DLNA-compatible PC for wireless playback. on this system's speakers. Maybe your favorite tunes are stored on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone? No problem. The BH6730S has Bluetooth wireless streaming, for easy access to those, too.
Upgraded drivers all around plus wireless back speakers
The '6830SW sports woven fiber woofer cones to help deliver clear and precise sound with minimal distortion. The system also comes with a wireless module to make hooking up your rear surround speakers easier. Instead of running wires from one end of the room to the other, simply plug in the included wireless module near the back of the room and connect your speakers from there.
Enjoy crisp picture and sound quality with Blu-ray
The receiver's built-in Blu-ray player delivers a stunning high-definition picture that'll look great on your HDTV. It'll also deliver exciting 3D images to a compatible TV when you play 3D Blu-ray discs. This system supports high-resolution Dolby® and DTS® surround sound format for realistic wraparound sound to match the picture.
Use your smart device to take control
Download the LG AV Remote App for your Apple® or Android™ device, and you've got easy touchscreen wireless control over your home theater system. LG has even built in a thoughtful "Private Sound" feature into the app. You can wirelessly send the audio from your LG system to your smartphone or tablet via Wi-Fi and listen privately through your favorite pair of headphones — great for when you're enjoying a movie late at night and you don't want to wake the family or the neighbors.
What's in the Box:
- Integrated Blu-ray/receiver
- 4 Satellite speakers (S63S3-S)
- Center-channel speaker (S63S3-C)
- Passive subwoofer (S63T1W)
- Wireless receiver (W3-2)
- Wireless TX card
- Remote control (AKB73775804)
- "AAA" battery
- Five 10' lengths of speaker wire
- FM wire antenna
- Ferrite core
- Owner's Manual/Nero MediaHome 4 Essentials CD-ROM
- Simple Manual
- Warranty Card
- Netflix brochure
- home theater system with 3D Blu-ray player/receiver, 5 speakers (including wireless surrounds), and a subwoofer
- woven fiber woofer cones help deliver clearer sound
- no speaker grilles included
- wireless rear speaker amp module lets you avoid running wires to the back of your room
- LG Smart TV interface offers downloadable widgets and apps like Netflix®, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, Pandora®, and more (subscription required for some services)
- built-in Wi-Fi® for easy connection to your home network
- front-panel USB port offers iPod®, iPad® and iPhone® audio connection
- DLNA certified for streaming photos/videos/music from a compatible DLNA-enabled Windows® PC
- on-screen display via HDMI
- LG's free remote app lets you use your iPad, iPod touch, iPhone, or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Private Sound Mode lets you use Wi-Fi remote to hear programming via your compatible device
- built-in speaker setup guide
- remote control
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- plays 3D Blu-ray discs, standard Blu-ray discs, DVDs, CDs, MP3 CDs, and JPEG CDs
- selectable 480i/480p/720p/1080i/1080p output via HDMI
- video upconversion for standard DVD playback via HDMI
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- 6-channel amplifier (170 watts x 6 for all speakers, including passive subwoofer)
- Ethernet port
- audio inputs include RCA stereo and optical digital
- video output via HDMI only
- receiver: 14-3/16"W x 2-3/8"H x 12-3/4"D
- front speakers: 3-1/2"W x 4-3/4"H x 3-1/4"D (each)
- center channel speaker: 14-1/4"W x 3-1/8"H x 2-5/8"D
- rear speakers: 3-1/2"W x 4-3/4"H x 3-1/4"D (each)
- wireless module: 2-1/4"W x 8-5/8"H x 6-11/16"D
- subwoofer: 5-3/16"W x 13-15/16"H x 12-13/16"D
LG BH6830SW Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Disc Compatibility: The LG BH6830SW Blu-ray Home Theater System is compatible with many disc types (8 or 12cm).
|Disc Type||Disc Description|
|Blu-ray||BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE|
|DVD||DVD-Video, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW|
|CD||CD-Audio, CD-R, CD-RW, DTS-CD|
Blu-ray Disc Overview: Blu-ray Disc (BD) is a high-definition disc format designed to take advantage of today's high quality HDTVs. The resolution is up to 1920 x 1080 (1080p) and the data transfer rate is up to 54 mbps. Blu-ray Disc discs and units offer several advantages over the standard DVD format:
- Better Picture Quality: Blu-ray Disc is a true high-definition format offering video at 720p, 1080i, or 1080p resolution. While standard DVDs look very good on an HDTV, they don't provide a high-definition signal (not even when you use an up-converting DVD unit). Blu-ray Disc delivers an extraordinarily sharp, clean, detailed picture, with deeper, richer colors.
- Better Sound Quality: In addition to the same multi-channel sound formats you're accustomed to with DVD (Dolby Digital and DTS), Blu-ray Disc offers Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, and uncompressed 7.1 channel PCM.
- Greater Storage Capacity: What makes Blu-ray Disc's superior picture and sound possible is the much higher storage capacity of Blu-ray Disc discs. A single-layer Blu-ray Disc can hold 25 gigabytes of data, over five times the amount a standard DVD can hold. Dual-layer Blu-ray Discs hold 50 gigabytes, which equates to nine hours of High Definition or 23 hours of Standard Definition video, plus high-resolution multi-channel audio and the added features and material that require multiple discs with standard DVD.
- Backward Compatible: To ensure backward-compatibility with your existing library of discs, Blu-ray Home Theater Systems use a dual-laser mechanism: a blue laser for playing high-definition Blu-ray Discs, and a conventional red laser for playing DVDs and audio CDs.
Note: Like DVD, BD uses region codes. The region code on your disc must match the region code on your unit, otherwise the disc will not play. The BDP-S185 is Blu-ray region A and DVD region 1. Blu-ray Disc uses the Advanced Access Content System (AACS) to prevent unauthorized recording of copyrighted material.
Firmware Updates: As Blu-Ray technology continues to evolve, new disc types with enhanced functionality will become available. In order for you to enjoy this new functionality, you will likely be required to update the firmware in your unit. These firmware updates will become available for downloading from the Internet. Occasionally, LG may release updated firmware for this unit that may add or improve the way a feature operates. These updates are available free of charge. This unit is capable of checking the firmware automatically when connected to the Internet via broadband connection.
Note: The tested Blu-ray home theater system contained software/firmware version BD1.682.30112.C (as of 5/16/2013). Visit LG's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
Start Up/Play Back Time: The LG BH6830SW Blu-ray home theater system has a start-up time of approximately 8.7 seconds. It takes approximately 29.7 seconds for a Blu-ray disc to begin playback.
Note: The Start Up/Play Back Time tests were started with the Blu-ray home theater system initially turned off & in standby mode. The Start Up Time test was stopped when the unit's Home Menu screen appeared. The Play Back Time test was stopped when the Blu-ray disc began playback.
Front-Panel USB Port (w/ CD-to-USB Ripping): The Blu-ray Home Theater System features a front-panel USB (type-A) port for playback of video, still image, and music files stored on a connected USB memory device. The system can support USB external hard disc drives (up to 2TB) and USB mass storage class devices (up to 32GB). The USB storage device must be formatted as FAT 32 or NTFS file system. You can also record one desired track or all of the tracks from a CD-Audio disc to an inserted USB storage device. CD audio tracks are converted to MP3 format (128/192/320kbps) and saved to your connected USB device.
File Support: The LG BH6830SW Blu-ray Home Theater System supports the following video files recorded onto disc (BD-R/RE, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-R/RW) or a USB mass storage class device.
|File Type||File Format||Description|
|Audio||MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, WAV||Bit Rates: 32-320 kbps(MP3), 32-192 kbps (WMA)
Sampling Frequencies: 16-48 kHz (MP3), 32-48 kHz (WMA)
|Video||XVID, MPEG1 SS, H.264/MPEG-4 AVCHD, MPEG2 PS, MPEG2 TS, VC-1 SM (WMV3)||File Extension: .avi, .mpg, .mpeg, .mkv, .mp4, .asf, .wmv, .m4v (DRM free), .vob, .3gp|
|Photo||JPEG, PNG, GIF||Recommended Size: less than 4,000 x 3,000 x 24-bit/pixel; or 3,000 x 3,000 x 32-bit/pixel|
Last Scene Memory: This unit memorizes the last scene from the last disc that is viewed. The last scene remains in memory even if you remove the disc from the unit or switch off the unit. If you load a disc that has the scene memorized, the scene is automatically recalled. The last scene memory function for a previous disc is erased once a different disc is played.
Parental Control: The LG BH6830SW offers Parental Control settings to limit BD (0-255) and DVD (1-8) discs according to the age of the users. The control settings are protected by a custom 4-digit password.
HDMI (v1.4): The BH6830SW's HDMI output simplifies A/V connections by carrying video and digital audio in one cable. The HDMI resolution can be fixed at 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p, or set to Auto, which selects the highest resolution accepted by your television.
- 1080/24p: Movies are typically filmed at 24 frames per second and some Blu-ray Discs use the same frame rate. If your TV will accept a 1080/24p signal, the BH6830SW can pass the signal in its native form, without converting the video.
- 3D Ready: The LG BH6830SW Blu-ray Home Theater System supports 3D playback of high-definition 3D Blu-ray discs when connected to a 3D-Ready HDTV via HDMI, along with wearing a pair 3D vision glasses.
- Deep/x.v. Color: Deep Color allows more accurate color reproduction with deep color depth. The BH6830SW must be connected to a Deep Color compatible TV via HDMI for this feature to function. The BH6830SW also supports x.v.Color; meaning it's ready for x.v.Color discs, such as AVCHD discs (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format).
- ARC: The system's HDMI output supports Audio Return Channel (ARC), which sends the TV sound back to the soundbar. Your TV's HDMI input must also support ARC.
Note: This unit does not offer an analog video output.
DVD Upscaling: When connected to your TV using the HDMI output, the BH6830SW scales the output of a standard DVD signal to HD-compatible 720p, 1080i, or 1080p. The unit also supports 480p and 480i output if your television is not HD-compatible.
TV Aspect Ratio: You can select which aspect ratio the unit outputs according to your television's aspect ratio.
- 16:9 Original: Select when a 16:9 wide TV is connected; the 4:3 picture is displayed with an original 4:3 aspect ratio, with black bars appearing at the left and right sides.
- 16:9 Full: Select when a 16:9 wide TV is connected; the 4:3 picture is adjusted horizontally (in a linear proportion) to fill the entire screen.
- 4:3 Letter Box: Select when a standard 4:3 TV is connected; displays theatrical images with masking bars above and below the picture.
- 4:3 Pan Scan: Select when a standard 4:3 TV is connected; displays pictures cropped to fill your TV screen. Both sides of the picture are cut off.
Picture Mode: You can adjust the Contrast, Brightness, Color, and Sharpness of the Blu-ray Home Theater System's HDMI output.
BonusView: The BonusView feature provides picture-in-picture capability with select Blu-ray Disc titles. You can view addition content (such as director/actor commentary) in a small display window while the movie is playing.
5.1Ch Speaker System (w/ wireless surrounds): The LG BH6830SW Blu-ray Home Theater System includes two front satellite speakers, a center-channel speaker, two surround satellite speakers with a wireless receiver module, and a passive subwoofer.
- Front Satellite Speakers: The front satellite speakers feature a 2.375" full-range aramid-fiber driver inside an acoustic suspension enclosure. The satellite speakers feature a black plastic cabinet with a gloss-black front baffle (the speaker has no grille). These speakers are designed to be mounted vertically at the front & rear of your room. The satellite speakers can be placed on a shelf or optional speaker stands. The included pedestal base lets you adjust the angle of the speaker. Each satellite speaker also features a key-hole slot which allows you to mount the speakers on a wall. In addition, there is a 5mm threaded insert on the back of each speaker which allows you to wall-mount the speaker using an optional articulating bracket (sold separately). In order to wall-mount the speakers, you must remove the attached pedestal base. The satellite speakers feature spring-clip terminals to attach the included speaker wire. The satellite speakers feature spring-clip terminals to attach the included speaker wire.
- Center Channel Speaker: The center-channel speaker features a two aramid-fiber 2.375" woofers and a 1" silk dome tweeter inside an acoustic suspension enclosure. The center-channel speaker features a black plastic cabinet with a gloss-black front baffle (the speaker has no grille). The center speaker is designed to be mounted horizontally below or above your TV. The speaker can be placed on a table-top or shelf. The center-channel speaker also features two key-hole slots which allow you to mount the speaker on a wall. The center-channel speaker features spring-clip terminals to attach the included speaker wire.
- Rear Speakers w/ Wireless Amp: The LG BH6830SW includes a wireless transmitter (TX-card) and a wireless receiver module which allows you to transmit the system's rear-channel audio wirelessly (via 5.8GHz frequency) to the surround speakers. The wireless transmitter (TX-card) plugs into the "wireless" proprietary port on the rear-panel of the Blu-ray receiver. The wireless receiver module is then placed in the back of the room next to your surround speakers (the wireless receiver module will require and AC outlet). The included speaker wire then connects from the wireless receiver module to the rear speakers, saving your from having to run speaker wire all the way to the front of the room to plug into the back of the Blu-ray receiver. The rear satellite speakers are identical to the front satellite speakers (mentioned above).
- Passive Subwoofer: The passive subwoofer features a side-firing paper-laminated 5.25" woofer inside a bass-reflex enclosure with a front-firing port. The passive subwoofer features a vinyl-wrapped black cabinet with a non-removable cloth grille and gloss black front. The passive subwoofer features an attached 10' length of speaker wire to connect to the integrated Blu-ray/receiver. The subwoofer crossover is fixed inside the system's AV receiver.
5.1 Channel Amplification: The LG BH6830SW Blu-ray Home Theater System provides 5.1 channel amplification. The home theater system's integrated Blu-ray disc/receiver supplies 167-watts per channel to the Front speaker, Center-channel, and Subwoofer. The system's wireless rear amplifier supplies 167-watts per channel to the Surround speakers.
Dolby Digital & DTS Decoding: The LG BH6830SW can decode various Dolby Digital & DTS surround formats; including Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD Master Audio, & DTS-HD High Resolution.
Note: 7.1 channel surround formats will be downmixed to 5.1-channels since this system has no surround back speakers.
Surround Modes: The LG Blu-ray Home Theater System has a number of preset surround modes to choose from, based on your listening preference and the source content.
- Natural Plus: Enjoy the natural sound effect same as 5.1 channel.
- Natural: Enjoy comfortable and natural sound.
- Bypass: Enjoy the sound without equalizer effect.
- Bass Blast: Reinforces the bass, treble, and surround sound effect.
- Loudness: Improves the bass and treble sound.
- User EQ: Adjust the sound by raising or lowering the level of specific frequency (60Hz, 300Hz, 2kHz, & 10kHz).
Speaker Setup: To obtain the best possible sound, use the speaker setup menu to specify the volume of the speakers you have connected and their distance from your listening position. Use the test tone to adjust the volume of the speakers to the same level.
Dynamic Range Control: This function allows you to listen to a movie (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, or Dolby TrueHD content) at a lower volume without losing clarity of sound. The unit's DRC function can be set to Auto, On, or Off.
A/V Sync (Audio Delay): When receiving audio signal from your TV, sound and images may not be matched. In this case, the AV Sync function lets you adjust the audio delay time between 0 and 300m/sec.
Analog & Digital Audio Inputs: The LG BH6830SW Blu-ray Home Theater System features both analog and digital audio inputs.
- Digital Audio Input: The LG BH6830SW Blu-ray Home Theater System is fitted with a single optical (toslink) digital audio input in order to connect a digital audio devices such as your TV or Satellite/Cable box. The optical digital input supports LPCM, Dolby Digital, DTS audio formats.
- Analog Audio Inputs: The LG BH6830SW is equipped with a stereo audio input (RCA) for connecting your flat-panel TV (that lacks a digital output), or other analog only audio device. There is also a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting an portable audio unit.
FM Radio: The BH6830SW is equipped with a built-in FM tuner (no AM tuner) and includes an external FM wire antenna. You can preset up to 50 FM stations.
Network Connection (Wired or Wireless): The LG Blu-ray Home Theater System can be connected to your home network via its Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi. The network connection offers access to your PC movie/photo/music files & online LG Smart Apps. A 10 Base-T or 100 Base-TX LAN port is required for a hardwired Ethernet connection (use a standard LAN cable with this TV; Cat5 or better with a RJ45 connector). A wireless connection requires a home network with an 802.11 b/g/n access point (802.11n recommended) and internet connection; supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security.
WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as music, movies, & photos) to the LG BH6830SW without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
DLNA Certified: This Blu-ray Home Theater System is a DLNA Certified digital media product that can play movie, photo, and music content from your DLNA Certified network device and DLNA server (such as your Windows 7 or 8 PC). The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a cross-industry organization of consumer electronics, computing industry and mobile device companies. Digital Living provides consumers with easy sharing of digital media through a wired or wireless network in the home. If you don't already have DLNA software on your computer or server, simply download the Nero MediaHome 4 software from the included CD-ROM onto your Windows or Mac computer.
File Type File Description Audio MP3 (32-320kbps; 16-48kHz), WMA 32-192kbps; 22-48kHz), WAV Video XVID, MPEG1 SS, H.264/MPEG-4 AVCHD, MPEG2 PS, MPEG2 TS, VC-1 SM (WMV3) Photo JPEG, PNG, GIF (less than 4,000 x 3,000 x 24-bit/pixel; or 3,000 x 3,000 x 32-bit/pixel)
LG Smart Apps: LG Smart TV Apps allows you to access a variety of online services and content directly through the LG BH6830SW, via its network connection. LG Smart Apps is an easy way to access limitless content, thousands of movies, customizable apps, videos, and browse the web; all organized in a simple to use interface. LG Smart Apps offers pay and free-of-charge instant streaming of movies, weather, videos, and photo album services.
- Premium Apps: Get access to premium Movie, Music, and Photo content from the following pre-installed apps - Netflix, Vudu, Hulu Plus, Cinema Now, Crackle, Viewster, YouTube, Daily Motion, AUPEO!, Pandora, vTuner, Rhapsody, and Picasa. Plus, get access to pre-installed Sports, News, and Weather apps like - MLB.TV, Google Maps, AccuWeather.com, and Associate Press (AP). In addition, you can communicate via social network services, such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Smart World Apps: LG Smart World is an online store for the LG Smart TV where you can download additional free and fee-based apps of diverse contents including education, entertainment, lifestyle, games and news.
- My Apps: You can save your favorite Premium pre-installed apps and other Smart World Apps in "My Apps" for quicker access.
Note: Visit LG Smart TV for the latest compatible apps. Internet connection & subscriptions required. A minimum connection speed of 1.5 Mbps is required. For the best playback condition, a connection speed of 4.0 Mbps is required.
Gracenote Media Database: This unit can access the Gracenote Media Database through its network connection and load the music information so that Song title, Artist name, Genre, and other text information can be displayed on-screen.
BD-Live: BD-Live technology allows you to download and stream bonus content such as additional scenes, shorts, trailers, movie-based games, and more from a broadband Internet and home network connections (fees may apply). The LG Blu-ray home theater system features an Ethernet port to connect to the Internet via your home network & features front-panel USB port for additional storage.
Note: You must have a minimum 1GB USB memory device inserted in the unit's front-panel USB port in order to download content from BD-Live.
Bluetooth Connectivity: Built-in Bluetooth technology lets you wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, digital audio unit, or other BT device to the LG Blu-ray Home Theater System. The LG BH6830SW is Bluetooth A2DP (advanced Audio Distribution Profile) compliant; meaning it allows you to stream music from your Bluetooth enabled device, but not control it (no metadata display either). You will still control playback of your music and view song/artist information from your Bluetooth audio device. Your Bluetooth enabled device must be paired with the BH6830SW before operation. Only one device can be paired with this system (it does not support multi-pairing).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with LG BH6830SW.
Apple Device Connectivity: The BH6830SW system also supports music playback from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad through its front-panel USB (type-A) port. Simply connect your iPod, iPhone, or iPad to the unit's front-panel USB port using the Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device. You can use the Blu-ray Home Theater System's remote control and on-screen menu to navigate your music library (or you can continue to use your Apple device's clickwheel/touchscreen). The BH6830SW will also display song/artist information on your connected TV. Your iPod/iPhone's battery will automatically charge when connected to this unit. The LG Blu-ray Home Theater System is "made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following models and functions (as of 5/16/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Info||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
IR Remote Control: The LG BH6830SW includes an IR remote control for wireless operation of the Blu-ray Home Theater System. The remote is pre-programmed to control basic functions (Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, AV Input, Channel Up/Down, & Mute) of select LG flat-panel TVS, and can be programmed to control other manufacture televisions (Zenith, GoldStar, LG, Sony, Hitachi).
SIMPLINK: Some functions of this unit can be controlled by your LG TV's remote control when this unit and your LG SIMPLINK compatible TV are connected through a HDMI connection. You can control Blu-ray home theater system playback functions (such as Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Skip Previous/Next, and Stop) from your LG TV's remote control. The Blu-ray home theater system can also be set to automatically power On/Off with your LG SIMPLINK compatible TV.
Note: To operate SIMPLINK, an HDMI cable over Version 1.3 with CEC function should be used. This Blu-ray home theater system may work with devices with HDMI-CEC support, but only devices with the "SIMPLINK" logo are fully supported.
LG AV Remote App w/ Private Sound Mode: Download the the LG AV Remote App (from Apple iTunes or Google Play) to watch and control the Blu-ray Home Theater System from your Apple iOS device (4.0+) or Android smartphone/tablet (2.3.3+). Now, you can can control the system's functions with your smartphone or tablet. Through the LG AV Remote app you can even wirelessly send the audio from the Blu-ray Home Theater System to your smartphone and listen to your program through headphone. The LG Blu-ray Home Theater System and your compatible smartphone/tablet must be connected to the same network.
Auto Power Off: The BH6830SW's screen saver appears when you leave the system in Stop mode for approximately five minutes. If you set this option to "On", the unit automatically turns off within 25 minutes since the Screen Saver is displayed. Set this option to "Off" to leave the screen saver until the unit is operated by the user.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Krissy Jun 10, 2014 ] Staff