Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Powered 2.1-channel home theater sound bar with wireless subwoofer and Bluetooth®
Item # 689NB3530A | MFR # NB3530a
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the LG NB3530A by Crutchfield's James Ralston
An easy fix for flat TV sound
From Blu-ray movies, to cable shows, to programs you stream via the Internet — whatever you watch on your TV, a neat-looking and easy-to-install sound bar like the LG NB3530A will make your viewing experience more fun and engrossing. This slim sound bar system takes over your TV's audio duties, using a total of 300 watts of amplification to bring movie and TV soundtracks to life. The included subwoofer adds punchy bass, and its wireless design is a helpful touch — that means you can place it anywhere in your viewing room within reach of an AC power outlet.
The sound bar connects to your TV by way of an optical digital input. You get two of those, so that means you can connect another source, too, like a Blu-ray player.
Bluetooth audio streaming
If you're like most folks these days, you probably have a smartphone or tablet that you use from time to time for music. Whether you download tunes to your device, or stream them from the Internet using a cloud-based service like MOG, Spotify®, or Pandora® Internet radio, the NB3530A's built-in Bluetooth means you can pair your device for convenient wireless music playback.
This is a great unit. The sound is amazing with the optical digital hook-up. I use it with the supplied so I don't it it works with a universal remote.
Andrew, Shreveport, LA
What's in the Box:
- Soundbar speaker
- Wireless powered sub
- Remote control (AKB73575421)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 59" Optical digital cable
- Wall-mount bracket
- 2 Wire ties
- Cleaning cloth
- Owner's Manual
- Wall-Mount Bracket Template
- Warranty Card
- 80 watts RMS x 2
- both channels feature a 1" dome tweeter and two 1-3/4" midrange woofers
- built-in Bluetooth® for wireless audio streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets and laptops
- Dolby® Digital and DTS® surround decoding
- includes wall-mounting bracket for easy mounting underneath wall-mounted TVs
- sound bar is sized to match 42" or larger flat-panel TVs
- 37-7/16"W x 2-13/16"H x 2-1/8"D
- requires AC power
- built-in 140-watt amplifier
- bass reflex (ported) design
- 7"W x 14-5/16"H x 12-7/16"D
- wireless technology allows placement near any AC power outlet in the viewing room
- 2 optical digital audio inputs
- 1 analog stereo minijack input
- USB input for playing music from a portable player
- remote control
- optical cable included
- wall mount bracket included
- warranty: 1 year parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
LG NB3530A Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||2|
|Tweeter||1" Dome (2)|
|Midrange||1.75" Cone (4)|
|Subwoofer Driver||5" Cone|
|Surround Sound Decoding||No|
|4K Video Compatible||No|
|HDR Video Compatible||---|
|Audio Return Channel||---|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||---|
|Control by App||---|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||Integrated|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||160|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||140|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||2|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||None|
|Sound Bar (inches)||2-13/16H x 37-7/16W x 2-1/8D|
|Sound Bar Weight||5.5 lbs|
|Subwoofer (inches)||14-5/16H x 7W x 12-7/16D|
|Subwoofer Weight||12.2 lbs|
Soundbar Speaker: The LG NB3530A soundbar speaker features a two-way speaker system with two 1" dome tweeters and two pair of 1.75" cone woofers, powered by an 80-watt x 2-channel amplifier. The soundbar speaker delivers clear midrange and treble with little distortion. The sound bar does not feature a grille. All drivers are exposed.
Wireless Powered Sub: The wireless powered sub houses a 5" side-firing woofer inside a bass-reflex cabinet with a front-firing port. The 5" woofer is powered by a built-in 140-watt amplifier for deep, punchy bass. You can independently adjust the volume level of the powered subwoofer. Since the powered sub is wireless, there are no cable connections and the sub can be placed anywhere in your listening room.
Surround Modes: The LG soundbar system has a number of preset surround modes to choose from, based on your listening preference and the source content.
- Natural: Enjoy comfortable and natural sound.
- Bypass: Enjoy the sound without equalizer effect.
- Bass: Reinforces the bass, treble, and surround sound effect.
- Clear Voice: Makes voices and dialog sound clearer; recommended for Dolby Digital/DTS sources.
- Game: Enjoy more virtual sound while playing video games.
- Upscaler: Enhances the sound of compressed MP3/WMA music files; this mode is only available for 2ch sources.
- Night: Useful when watching movies at low volume lat at night.
- Loudness: Improves the bass and treble sound.
Auto Volume: Auto Volume automatically adjusts the volume of the desired program, lowering the sound output when the modulation signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is low.
DRC (Dynamic Range Control): The LG NB3530A provides dynamic range compression for Dolby Digital content to make the sound clearer when the volume is at a low level. The DRC feature can be set to Auto, On, or Off.
A/V Sync (Audio Delay): When receiving audio signal from your TV, sound and images may not be matched. In this case, the AV Sync function lets you adjust the audio delay time between 0 and 300m/sec.
Mounting Options: The LG NB3530A's soundbar speaker can be either be table-top or wall mounted. The LG soundbar speaker can simply be placed on a table, shelf, or stand thanks to its integrated rubber feet. The supplied wall-mount bracket gives you the option of mounting the speaker on your wall (mounting screws not supplied). The soundbar speaker can be centered above or below your TV.
Digital Audio Inputs: The LG NB3530A soundbar system is fitted with two optical (toslink) digital audio inputs in order to connect multiple digital audio devices; such as your TV and Blu-ray player. The two optical digital inputs support LPCM, Dolby Digital, DTS audio formats.
Analog Audio Input: The LG NB3530A is equipped with an analog minijack (3.5mm) audio input for connecting your flat-panel TV (that lacks a digital output), or other analog only audio device.
Bluetooth Technology: The LG NB3530A soundbar speaker system features built-in Bluetooth for wireless audio streaming and LG's new Sound Sync wireless TV connection.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Built-in Bluetooth technology lets you wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, digital audio player, or other BT device to the LG NB3530A. The LG NB3530A soundbar speaker system is Bluetooth A2DP (advanced Audio Distribution Profile) compliant; meaning it allows you to stream music from your Bluetooth enabled device, but not control it (no metadata transfer either). You will still control playback of your music and view song/artist information from your Bluetooth audio device. Your Bluetooth enabled device must be paired with the NB3530A before operation. Only one device can be paired with this system (it does not support multi-pairing).
- Sound Sync Wireless TV Connection: You can simplify the installation of the LG NB3530A by eliminating the need for a wired connection between a 2013 Bluetooth-enabled LG TV (with Sound Sync) and the soundbar speaker. Simply plug the soundbar and the subwoofer into AC power and follow the simple pairing instructions to wirelessly connect the soundbar speaker to select 2013 Bluetooth-enabled LG TVs (with Sound Sync).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with LG NB3530A.
Front-Panel USB Port: The LG NB3530A features a front-panel USB (type-A) port for connecting a USB mass storage class device; such as a USB thumbdrive, digital audio player, or smartphone. The soundbar speaker system supports playback of MP3/WMA files stored on a compatible USB memory device. The unit provides basic playback functions (Play/Pause, Stop, Fast Forward/Rewind, Skip Track/Folder, & Repeat/Random) over your MP3/WMA music files. The USB port (5V/500mA) will also charge the battery of your USB device.
- File Extension: .mp3/.wma
- Sampling Frequency: 32-48kHz (MP3/WMA)
- Bit Rate: 32-320 kbps (MP3), 40-192 kbps (WMA)
- Maximum Files: 999
Note: The unit's USB port cannot recognize external HDDs, Card readers, USB hubs, or computers.
IR Remote: The LG NB3530A includes an IR remote control for wireless operation of the soundbar system. The remote is pre-programmed to control basic functions (Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, AV Input, & Channel Up/Down) of select LG flat-panel TVS, and can be programmed to control other manufacture televisions ( Zenith, GoldStar, Samsung, Sony, Hitachi).
Sleep Timer: The LG NB3530A soundbar provides a sleep timer function that will automatically turn-off the unit after 10 to 180 minutes.
Auto Power Off: The unit automatically turns off if it does not sense and audio signal and control command for approximately 25 minutes.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.