Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Powered 2.1-channel home theater sound bar with wireless subwoofer and Bluetooth®
Item # 689NB4530B | MFR # NB4530B
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the LG NB4530Bby Crutchfield's James Ralston
Does your flat-panel TV sound flat?
While today's ultra-slim flat-panel TVs offer a feast for the eyes, your ears may tell you different. That's because the tiny speakers built into most TVs usually can't keep up with the soundtrack when you're streaming the latest installment of your favorite zombie action series or playing your favorite superhero movie on Blu-ray. The LG NB4530B solves that problem neatly and simply. This slim sound bar system takes over your TV's audio duties, using a total of 310 watts of amplification to bring movies, TV shows, and Blu-ray concerts to life. The included subwoofer adds punchy bass, and its wireless design is a helpful touch — that means you can place it anywhere in your viewing room within reach of an AC power outlet.
You can hook up the sound bar to your TV using a digital HDMI A/V cable. If you've got an LG TV, using that type of connection means you'll also be able to use the TV's remote to operate the sound bar. Or you can hook up the sound bar to older TVs using optical digital or analog minijack connections.
Bluetooth audio streaming
If you're like most folks these days, you probably have a smartphone or tablet that you use from time to time for music. Whether you download tunes to your device, or stream them from the Internet using a cloud-based service like MOG, Spotify®, or Pandora® Internet radio, the NB4530B's built-in Bluetooth means you can pair your device for convenient wireless music playback.
- 80 watts RMS x 2
- both channels feature a 3/4" dome tweeter and two oval-shaped 2-1/2" x 1" midrange woofers
- built-in Bluetooth® for wireless audio streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets and laptops
- Dolby® Digital and DTS® surround decoding
- HDMI input and output
- includes wall-mounting bracket for easy mounting underneath wall-mounted TVs
- sound bar is sized to match 47" flat-panel TVs
- 42-7/8"W x 2-1/4"H x 3-3/8"D
- requires AC power
- built-in 150-watt amplifier
- bass reflex (ported) design
- 8-3/4"W x 13-7/8"H x 11-1/4"D
- wireless technology allows placement near any AC power outlet in the viewing room
- 1 HDMI input,1 HDMI monitor output (Audio Return Channel sends TV tuner audio back to sound bar via HDMI monitor connection)
- 1 analog stereo minijack input
- 1 optical digital audio input
- USB input for playing music from a portable player or USB mass storage device
- remote control
- optical cable and USB cable included
- desktop pedestal and wall mount bracket included
- warranty: 1 year parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Soundbar speaker
- Wireless powered sub
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 58" DC cord)
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control (AKB73575421)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 59" Optical digital cable
- 39" USB extension cable
- 2 Pedestal bases (one pre-installed)
- Wall-mount bracket
- 2 Wall-mount bracket inserts
- Two 1.25" wood screws
- 2 Wall-anchors
- 2 Wire ties
- Owner's Manual
- Wall-Mount Bracket Template
- Warranty Card
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||2|
|Tweeter||0.75" Dome (2)|
|Midrange||2.5" x 1" Woofers (4)|
|Subwoofer Driver||6" Cone|
|Surround Sound Decoding||No|
|4K Video Compatible||No|
|HDR Video Compatible||---|
|Audio Return Channel||---|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||---|
|Control by App||---|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||Integrated|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||160|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||150|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||None|
|Sound Bar (inches)||2-1/4H x 42-7/8W x 3-3/8D|
|Sound Bar Weight||5.1 lbs|
|Subwoofer (inches)||13-7/8H x 8-3/4W x 11-1/4D|
|Subwoofer Weight||16.1 lbs|
Soundbar Speaker: The LG NB4530B's soundbar speaker features a two-way speaker system with two 0.75" dome tweeters and two pair of 2.5" x 1.0" oval cone woofers, powered by an 80-watt x 2-channel amplifier. The soundbar speaker delivers clear midrange and treble with little distortion.
Wireless Powered Sub: The wireless powered sub houses a 6" side-firing woofer inside a bass-reflex cabinet with a rear-firing port. The 6" woofer is powered by a built-in 150-watt amplifier for deep, punchy bass. You can independently adjust the volume level of the powered subwoofer. Since the powered sub is wireless, there are no cable connections and the sub can be placed anywhere in your listening room.
HDMI Input/Output (w/ ARC): The LG NB4530B soundbar speaker system is fitted with a single HDMI input to directly connect your Blu-ray player or satellite/cable box. The speaker system also features a HDMI output to connect to your TV's HDMI input for audio/video transfer. The system's HDMI output supports Audio Return Channel (ARC), which sends the TV sound back to the soundbar; your TV's HDMI input must also support ARC. The HDMI (v1.4) jacks supports Dolby Digital/DTS/PCM audio signals and 480p/720p/1080i/1080p video signals.
Analog + Digital Audio Inputs: The LG NB4530B soundbar speaker features both analog and digital audio inputs.
- Optical Digital Input: If your TV does not support the HDMI ARC function, the LG NB4530B soundbar speaker system also offers an optical (toslink) digital audio input that supports PCM, Dolby Digital, DTS audio formats.
- Analog Audio Input: The LG NB4530B is also equipped with an analog minijack (3.5mm) audio input for connecting your flat-panel TV (that lacks a digital output), or other analog only audio device.
Auto Volume: Auto Volume automatically adjusts the volume of the desired program, lowering the sound output when the modulation signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is low.
DRC (Dynamic Range Control): The LG NB4530B provides dynamic range compression for Dolby Digital content to make the sound clearer when the volume is at a low level. The DRC feature can be set to Auto, On, or Off.
A/V Sync (Audio Delay): When receiving audio signal from your TV, sound and images may not be matched. In this case, the AV Sync function lets you adjust the audio delay time between 0 and 300m/sec.
Surround Modes: The LG soundbar speaker system has a number of preset surround modes to choose from, based on your listening preference and the source content.
- Natural: Enjoy comfortable and natural sound.
- Bypass: Enjoy the sound without equalizer effect.
- Bass: Reinforces the bass, treble, and surround sound effect.
- Clear Voice: Makes voices and dialog sound clearer; recommended for Dolby Digital/DTS sources.
- Game: Enjoy more virtual sound while playing video games.
- Upscaler: Enhances the sound of compressed MP3/WMA music files; this mode is only available for 2ch sources.
- Night: Useful when watching movies at low volume lat at night.
- Loudness: Improves the bass and treble sound.
Bluetooth Technology: The LG NB4530B soundbar speaker system features built-in Bluetooth for wireless audio streaming and LG's new Sound Sync wireless TV connection.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Built-in Bluetooth technology lets you wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, digital audio player, or other BT device to the LG NB4530B. The LG NB4530B soundbar speaker system is Bluetooth A2DP (advanced Audio Distribution Profile) compliant; meaning it allows you to stream music from your Bluetooth enabled device, but not control it (no metadata transfer either). You will still control playback of your music and view song/artist information from your Bluetooth audio device. Your Bluetooth enabled device must be paired with the NB4530B before operation. Only one device can be paired with this system (it does not support multi-pairing).
- Sound Sync Wireless TV Connection: You can simplify the installation of the LG NB4530B by eliminating the need for a wired connection between a 2013 Bluetooth-enabled LG TV (with Sound Sync) and the soundbar speaker. Simply plug the soundbar and the subwoofer into AC power and follow the simple pairing instructions to wirelessly connect the soundbar speaker to select 2013 Bluetooth-enabled LG TVs (with Sound Sync).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with LG NB4530B.
USB Port: The LG NB4530B features a rear-panel USB (type-A) port and comes with a USB extension cable for connecting a USB mass storage class device; such as a USB thumbdrive, digital audio player, or smartphone. The soundbar speaker system supports playback of MP3/WMA files stored on a compatible USB memory device. The unit provides basic playback functions (Play/Pause, Stop, Fast Forward/Rewind, Skip Track/Folder, & Repeat/Random) over your MP3/WMA music files. The USB port (5V/500mA) will also charge the battery of your USB device.
- File Extension: .mp3/.wma
- Sampling Frequency: 32-48kHz (MP3/WMA)
- Bit Rate: 32-320 kbps (MP3), 40-192 kbps (WMA)
- Maximum Files: 999
Note: The unit's USB port cannot recognize external HDDs, Card readers, USB hubs, or computers.
Remote Control: The LG NB4530B includes an IR remote control for wireless operation of the soundbar system. The remote is pre-programmed to control basic functions (Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, AV Input, Channel Up/Down, & Mute) of select LG flat-panel TVS, and can be programmed to control other manufacture televisions ( Zenith, GoldStar, Samsung, Sony, Hitachi).
SIMPLINK: Some functions of this system can be controlled by your LG TV's remote control when this unit and your LG SIMPLINK compatible TV are connected through a HDMI connection. The NB4530B system can also be set to automatically power On/Off with your LG SIMPLINK compatible TV.
Note: To operate SIMPLINK, an HDMI cable over Version 1.3 with CEC function should be used. This system may work with devices with HDMI-CEC support, but only devices with the "SIMPLINK" logo are fully supported.
Sleep Timer: The LG NB4530B soundbar provides a sleep timer function that will automatically turn-off the unit after 10 to 180 minutes.
Auto Power Off: The unit automatically turns off if it does not sense and audio signal and control command for approximately 25 minutes.
Mounting Options: The LG NB4530B's soundbar speaker can be either be table-top or wall mounted. The LG soundbar speaker can simply be placed on a table, shelf, or stand thanks to its pre-installed pedestal base. An additional pedestal base is included which slightly lowers the height of the speaker by 0.25". The supplied wall-mount bracket gives you the option of mounting the speaker on your wall (the pedestal base should be removed when wall-mounting speaker). The soundbar speaker can be centered above or below your TV.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
Not precisely, but you can turn it off using the computer or tablet interface[ MARK G Dec 16, 2013 ]
sorry but item was bought as a gift and has not been opened and hooked up yet[ JAMES K Dec 14, 2013 ]