Powered 5.1.2-channel sound bar/sub with Meridian Technology and Dolby Atmos®
Item # 689SK10Y | MFR # SK10Y
Instant Savings: -$200.00 Instant Savings ends today
$899.99 Earn up to 900 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the LG SK10Y by Crutchfield's Emily S.
Experience cinema sound at home with SK10Y's built-in up-firing and side-firing drivers.
A heightened sound bar experience
There are a growing number of options for achieving three-dimensional Atmos sound at home. LG's SK10Y is a great one if you don't have the space or desire to fill your room with individual speakers. It packs big, multi-speaker sound into one sound bar/sub package.
And that package is surprisingly sleek for a bar this substantial. At just under 2-1/2 inches, it should fit easily under most TVs. I wouldn't call it slim, because it's wide and deep enough to include dedicated left-, center-, and right-channel speakers, along with pairs of up-firing and side-firing drivers for surround effects. The remote even gives you volume control over those upfiring drivers, which can compensate for a range of ceiling heights.
The included sub is wireless so you can park it in a location that's convenient for you (and that has access to AC power). And if you want to crank that sub, the remote has you covered with independent bass level adjustment.
LG collaborated with renowned hi-fi pioneers Meridian Audio to equip the SK10Y with some innovative audio enhancements. They combined advanced signal processing and hardware design to expand image height and widen the soundfield. Their Bass and Space technology is designed to envelop you in a much richer, fuller sound than you might have thought possible from a sound bar.
Music lovers will appreciate the SK10Y's support for high-resolution audio files up to 24-bit/192kHz. Plus, its high-fidelity digital-to-analog converter can upsample your lower-res music files to pull out every musical detail.
- sound bar and wireless subwoofer
- delivers 5.1.2-channel sound with support for Dolby Atmos
- Atmos offers heightened, three-dimensional soundstage
- Meridian Audio technologies expand image height and widen the soundfield
- plays high-res audio files up to 24-bit/192kHz
- 24-bit upsampling improves the sound of compressed music files
- allows pass-through of 4K content
- works with Google Home voice controller
- gives you voice control over music features and volume
- 7 built-in speakers driven by 50 watts each
- two up-firing drivers are angled to reflect sound off the ceiling for overhead Atmos effects
- left, right, and center speakers
- two side-firing drivers for surround effects
- built-in Dolby® decoding, including Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Atmos
- DTS Digital Surround
- brackets included for wall-mounting
- 57-3/4"W x 2-7/16"H x 5-13/16"D
- weight: 16.5 lbs.
- connects wirelessly to sound bar for flexible placement options
- built-in 200-watt amplifier
- AC power required, cord included
- 8-3/4"W x 15-7/16"H x 12-5/16"D
- weight: 16.8 lbs.
Connections and General Info:
- built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- Chromecast built-in for streaming music from the cloud with compatible mobile apps
- plays MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, and AIFF files
- optional SPK8-S wireless surround speaker kit available
- 2 HDMI inputs, 1 HDMI output
- HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting to 4K video sources
- HDMI connections support 4K video, Audio Return Channel, and HDMI-CEC
- optical digital audio input (cable included)
- 3.5mm analog minijack aux input
- Ethernet jack for connection to a wired home network
- total system power: 550 watts
- remote control
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- Wireless powered subwoofer
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control (AKB75475301)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 59" Optical digital cable
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 2 Screws
- 3 Wire-ties
- Simple Manual
- Safety Information
- LGE Open Source Software Notice
- Wall-Mount Template
- Warranty Card
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||2|
|Midrange||Cone x 7|
|Surround Sound Decoding||5.1.2|
|4K Video Compatible||Yes|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Audio Return Channel||Yes|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||Yes|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in (4.0)|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||---|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||350|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||200|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||None|
|Sound Bar (inches)||2-1/2H x 57-3/4W x 5-13/16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||16.5 lbs|
|Subwoofer (inches)||15-7/16H x 8-11/16W x 13-1/2D|
|Subwoofer Weight||16.8 lbs|
Active Soundbar Speaker: The LG SK10Y is a seven channel soundbar speaker which brings immersive cinematic sound into your home with the support of Dolby Atmos and integration of Meridian Audio technology. WThe LG SKY9 features a seven driver array with front-firing drivers for the front and center channels, side-firing drivers for the surround channels and top-firing drivers for Dolby Atmos. There is a dedicated full-range driver for each of the front left & right channels, center channel, side-firing surround left & right channels, and top-firing Dolby Atmos left & right channels. Each driver is powered by a discrete 50 watt amplifier for a total of 350 watts (RMS).
- Dolby Atmos: With Dolby Atmos, the action can move anywhere in three-dimensional space, including above the listener for the ultimate in surround audio (Dolby Atmos audio available on select movies and TV shows only). You can adjust this overhead volume specifically to suit your personal preference using the included remote control.
- Meridian Audio: Technology from the renowned experts at Meridian Audio combines advanced signal processing and hardware design to expand image height and widen the soundfield, with custom Clear Vocal and Enhanced Bass presets for uncompromising performance.
Wireless Powered Subwoofer: The wireless powered subwoofer houses a front-firing 6.5" woofer powered by a built-in 200W (RMS) amplifier inside a bass reflex cabinet with a rear-firing port. Because its wireless, can place the subwoofer almost anywhere in your room (up to 33' from the soundbar). But, it is better to place the subwoofer near the soundbar for optimum sound quality. Turn it slightly toward the center of the room to reduce the wall reflections. The wireless powered subwoofer does require an AC outlet connection.
Wireless Surround Ready: The SK10Y soundbar system has been designed to integrate with LG's SPK8-S optional wireless surround speakers (sold separately), adding dedicated rear channels with wireless convenience. The SPK8-S includes a receiver unit and pair of speakers that link wirelessly to the LG soundbar.
Digital Surround Sound Formats: The LG SK10Y system supports the following multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI & optical digital inputs.
|Audio Signal Type||Audio Signal Format|
|HDMI||Bitstream||Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, DTS|
|PCM||2ch / 5.1ch / 7.1ch|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, DTS|
HDM 2.0 with ARC: The LG SK10Y soundbar speaker system is equipped with two HDMI 2.0 inputs and HDMI 2.0 ARC output that support up to 4K video and are HDCP 2.2 compatible (does not support HDR video). The HDMI inputs/output also support 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p. In addition, the HDMI jacks support Dolby Digital/DTS multichannel audio formats (including Dolby Atmos). The ARC (Audio Return Channel) function of the soundbar HDMI output enables an HDMI capable TV to send its audio stream to the HDMI output of the soundbar system.
Notes: Because some televisions, the ARC-enabled HDMI input will only pass 2ch PCM from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, we recommend that you connect your Blu-ray/DVD player and Satellite/Cable box to the LG SK8Y directly; and then connect the SK10Y's ARC-enabled HDMI output to your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input. This setup will give you with the best overall sound performance.
Analog & Digital Audio Inputs: In addition to HDMI, the soundbar system features both analog (minijack) and digital (optical) audio inputs for connecting external audio sources, such as your DVD player and CD player, that do not offer HDMI connectivity. There is single minijack (3.5mm) analog audio input and one optical (toslink) digital audio input. The optical digital input supports Dolby Digital (up to 5.1ch), DTS (up to 5.1ch), and PCM (up to 2ch) audio signals.
Note: The digital optical output terminals of some flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Sound Effects: The LG SK10Y soundbar speaker system has a number of preset surround soundfield modes to make listening to your movie or music soundtracks even more enjoyable.
- Adaptive Sound Control (ASC): Adaptive Sound Control (ASC) identifies what's playing and automatically adjusts the sound mode to create the ideal audio experience.
- Bass Blast+: Bass Blast+ reinforces the bass for a more powerful sound.
- Standard: Standard mode provides optimum sound for most applications.
- Movie: Movie mode lets you enjoy a more immersive and cinematic surround sound.
- Music: Muse mode lets you enjoy better sound from music sources.
Output Levels: The LG SK10Y provides a variety of output level adjustments for different listening applications.
- Sound Levels: You can adjust the system's overall bass & treble, as well the subwoofer output level, overhead output level, and the optional rear speaker output level.
- Auto Volume: The LG SK10Y features Auto Volume which automatically adjusts the volume level of the soundbar speaker system during loud and low passages, keeping the volume level constant across all programs and advertisements.
- Dynamic Range Compression (DRC): The Dynamic Range Compression (DRC) function allows you to compress the dynamic range of Dolby Digital and DTS sound tracks. Only accessible from the LG WiFi Speaker App for Apple iOS and Android.
- Night Mode: Using Night mode, you can enjoy sound effects and hear the dialog clearly even at a low volume levels. Only accessible from the LG WiFi Speaker App for Apple iOS and Android.
AV Sync: The audio output can be delayed so that the time gap between the audio output and the visual display is minimized. This is especially helpful when you are using a large TV or a projection screen. When activated, the delay can be adjusted from 0 to 300 ms.
Wireless or Wired Network Connection: The LG SK10Y supports a wireless or wired network connection via built-in WiFi or its rear-panel Ethernet jack. Via the system's network connection and your internet provider, you can enjoy select online music apps from Chromecast built-in.
- Built-in WiFi: The soundbar offers built-in dual-band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi (802.11n) that allows you to wirelessly access the Internet and your home network. The TV's built-in WiFi provides a wireless network connection for the television with easy and quick setup. With this feature, you can easily connect to a wireless LAN and enjoy the benefits of networking in a cable-free environment. A wireless connection requires a home network with an 802.11 access point and internet connection. Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security; a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N or better router is recommended.
- Ethernet Jack: In addition to built-in WiFi, the soundbar is equipped with an Ethernet (LAN) RJ-45 jack for connecting the television to your home network and computer.
Chromecast Built-in: Chromecast built-in lets you cast many of your favorite music apps from your from your Android (OS 2.3+) smartphone/tablet, Apple iOS (7.0+) device, Mac computer, Windows PC, or Chromebook to the LG soundbar speaker system. Chromecast Built-in certified apps include Google Play Music, TuneIn, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, and more (click here for a complete list of compatible apps). Chromecast Built-in streams your music directly from the cloud instead of from your phone, so you won't lose any sound quality. Additional Chromecast Built-in features include:
- Simple-to-Use: Chromecast Built-in allows you to search, browse, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the music apps you know and love on your compatible phone, tablet or laptop. While you cast your music, you can still use your phone to answer a phone call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room, all without interrupting what's playing on the speaker system or draining your battery. Friends and family can even use their own Chromecast Built-in compatible phone or tablet to cast music to your system by connecting to your home's WiFi network.
- Google Home: Multiple Chromecast Built-in speakers can be added to the same WiFi network to form a multiroom audio system using the Google Home app. Using the Google Home app (for Apple iOS 9.1+ and Android OS 4.1+), you can sync multiple speakers with Chromecast Built-in in multiple rooms of your home to play the same song throughout your house at the same time. Only Chromecast Built-in compatible music apps are supported.
- Voice Control (Optional): Purchase a Google Assistant enabled wireless speaker (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) and gain voice control of compatible Chromecast Built-in music apps. You'll be able to access a specific music app and then select a specific station or song using only your voice. You'll also have voice control over Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume. The LG SK89Y & the Google Assistant enabled speaker must be connected to the same wireless (WiFi) network.
High Resolution Audio w/ 24-Bit Upsampling: The LG SK10Y supports streaming of low resolution high resolution music files through its network connection and Chromecast built-in. Support music files include MP3 (up to 320kbps/48kHz), AAC, WAV, FLAC (up to 24-bit/192kHz), and OGG. The system will even upsample compressed and low resolution music files to up to 24-bit for a better listening experience.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The LG SK10Y features built-in Bluetooth 4.0 for wireless audio streaming. You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth source device (including a LG TV) to the LG soundbar system (supports SBC and AAC codecs). Basic control (such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track) can be done from the included IR remote. Advanced music browsing and song/artist/album display will still need to be done through your Bluetooth source device (not the soundbar). Only one device can be paired and connected at a time (does not support multi-device pairing). The system has a wireless Bluetooth range of approximately 33'.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the LG system.
IR Remote: The included IR remote provides wireless operation of the soundbar speaker system.
TV Remote Compatible: You can reduce remote control clutter by using your TV remote to operate the LG sound bar. Eight brands of television remotes are pre-programmed and currently supported (including LG, Samsung, Sony, Vizio, Philips, Panasonic, Toshiba, Sharp), enabling volume adjustment on the soundbar.
HDMI-CEC (SimpLink): Some functions of the soundbar speaker system can also be controlled by your TV's remote when the speaker system and your HDMI-CEC compatible TV are connected via HDMI. Controllable functions by your TV's remote control include power on/off, volume up/down, and mute.
LG WiFi Speaker App: Download the LG WiFi Speaker App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) onto your compatible Apple iOS and Android mobile device to unlock even more features of the LG SK10Y soundbar speaker system. Through this application, you can wirelessly stream music stored on your compatible mobile device to the soundbar speaker system, as well as configure various settings and control sound effects of the system.
Auto Input Select: The SK10Y soundbar system recognizes audio input signals from HDMI, Optical, Bluetooth, Aux and the LG WiFi Speaker App so it can automatically switch to the appropriate source input.
Auto Power Down: The soundbar system will turn itself off automatically, when the system does sense and audio signal and is not used for approximately 15 minutes.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Powered 5.1.2-channel sound bar/sub with Meridian Technology and Dolby Atmos®$899.99$200.00 Instant Savings (ends today)$1,099.99
Bose® SoundTouch® 300 soundbar
Powered 5.1.2-channel sound bar with wireless sub and Dolby Atmos®$749.99$150.00 Instant Savings$899.99
Yamaha YSP-2700 Digital Sound Projector
Powered sound bar with MusicCast and 4K/HDR video passthrough