Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
LG Wi-Fi® USB Adapter
For compatible Internet-ready LG HDTVs
Item # 689USBWIFI | MFR # AN-WF100
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the LG Wi-Fi® USB Adapter by Crutchfield's Tara W.
Connect a compatible LG HDTV to the Internet without running Ethernet cable across your floor or through your walls. LG's AN-WF100 Wi-Fi adapter plugs into the USB port of your Internet-ready TV, giving you access to content from Netflix®, YouTube®, Picasa®, and more. Broadband Internet connection and wireless home network required.
So far so good! Works great!
MM, Charlottesville, va
What's in the Box:
- Wireless broadband/DLNA USB adapter (with protective cap)
- Owner's Manual
- compatible with 2010 Internet-ready LG HDTVs (LE8500, LE5500, and LE5400 LED-LCD models, LD650 and LD550 LCD models, and PK950 and PK750 plasma models)
- supports IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi networks
- connects to TV's USB port
- DLNA-certified to allow sharing content stored on a compatible PC
- subscription required for some services
- 3-1/4"W x 15/16"H x 5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
LG Wi-Fi® USB Adapter Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: LG's AN-WF100 is a Wi-Fi USB adapter that provides instant access to LG's NetCast content such as Netflix, YouTube, Skype, Picasa, and Yahoo! TV Widgets; as well as audio/video content stored your DLNA certified PC through your compatible 2010 LG HDTV featuring NetCast.
Note: You will need a broadband internet connection, modem, and wireless router.
TV Compatibility: The LG Wi-Fi USB dongle (AN-WF100) can only be used to access NetCast content and audio/video content stored on your DLNA certified PC through the following 2010 LG series televisions featuring NetCast.
- LED-LCD: LX9500, LEX9, LE8500, LE7500, LX6500, LE5500, LE5400
- LCD: LD650, LD550
- Plasma: PK950, PK750
USB 2.0 Compliant: The LG AN-WF100 features a USB 2.0 type-A connector which plugs into your compatible LG television's USB 2.0 type-A port.
Wireless LAN and DLNA Compatible: The LG Wi-Fi USB adapter (AN-WF100) enables wireless LAN for Broadband and DLNA service.
Wireless Network Compatible: The LG Wi-Fi USB dongle brings wireless Internet access (NetCast service only) and DLNA content to your compatible LG television from any wireless network protocol- 802.11 a, b, g, or n.
|Recommended Use||802.11n (5 GHz)||802.1n (2.4 GHz)||802.11a/b/g|
|Streaming HD Video||Y||N||N|
|Streaming SD Video||Y||Y||Y|
DLNA Certified: The LG Wi-Fi USB adapter lets your compatible LG television wirelessly join your home network of DLNA Certified devices (such as your Windows PC), increasing the possibilities of sharing and enjoying your PC's stored media on your television.
Note: The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a cross-industry organization of consumer electronics, computing industry and mobile device companies. Digital Living provides consumers with easy sharing of digital media through a wired or wireless network in the home.
NETCAST: NetCast Entertainment Access brings select Internet services directly to your compatible LG TV. NETCAST allows you stream and instantly access movies, TV shows and video, or get up to the minute news, stock information, or weather updates directly to the LG TV via the television's network connection (no computer required). NETCAST delivers the following online content.
- Yahoo: Yahoo! TV Widgets give you the best of the Internet in perfect harmony with the simplicity and reliability of your TV. TV Widgets deliver a Cinematic internet experience by converting your favorite web services for viewing on your TV.
- Netflix: You can instantly watch movies (quite a few new releases) & TV episodes from Netflix streamed over the internet to your TV. To become a Netflix member visit: www.netflix.com/LG.
- Vudu: In order to make rental/purchase transactions on the Vudu service, a user must create an account on vudu.com. That account is linked to a specific device, via a process called "activation". It is possible to have multiple devices associated with a single Vudu account.
- YouTube: YouTube is a video sharing website where users can upload, view, and share video clips.
- Picasa: Picasa is a photo organizing or sharing website where users can upload, view, and share photos.
- Flickr: Flickr provides a television-viewing experience while watching slideshows of family and friends' photos.
Note: A minimum connection speed of 1.5 Mbps is required. For the be playback condition, a connection speed of 4.0 Mbps is required.
|Wireless Standard||IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n|
|Host Interface||USB 2.0|
|Frequency Range||2.400-2.483 GHZ
|Security||64/128-bit WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP, AES, WPS (PIN, PBC)|
|Output Power||801.11a: 14 dBm (54 Mbps)
802.11b: 16.5 dBm (11, 5.5, 2, 1 Mbps)
802.11g: 14 dBm (54 Mbps)
802.11n: (2.4 GHz) 13.5 dBm (20MHz)/13.5 dBm (40 MHz)
802.11n: (5 GHz) 13.5 dBM (20 MHz)/13.5 dBm (40 MHz)
|Data Rate||802.11a/g: 54 Mbps
802.11n: 300 Mbps (40 MHz)
|Sensitivity||802.11a: -72 dBm (54 Mbps)
802.11b: -84 dBm (11, 5.5, 2, 1 Mbps)
802.11g: -72 dBm (54 Mbps)
802.11n: -64 dBm (20 MHz)/-61 dBm (40 MHz)
|Power Consumption||TX: 450 mA
RX: 200 mA
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.