Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Wireless 1080p Media Kit for use with compatible LG TVs
Item # 689WL100W | MFR # AN-WL100W
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the LG AN-WL100W by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
Set your TV free
LG's Wireless 1080p Media Kit opens up a roomful of placement options for compatible 2010 LG TV models. You no longer need to keep your TV close to your satellite or cable TV hookup, or to any of your components, really. This is a great way to clear away the clutter so you can just enjoy a beautiful TV.
Simple hookup, crystal-clear picture and sound
Here's how this system works. You connect your components to the wireless transmitter box. There are six HD-capable inputs: four HDMI and two component video. The other half of the system is a small wireless receiver module that attaches to the back of your LG TV in just seconds. The transmitter can send uncompressed "Full HD" 1080p video and surround sound up to 49 feet away.
What's in the Box:
- Wireless media box
- Wireless dongle
- AC power supply (with attached 59" DC cord)
- 6' AC power cord
- 17" HDMI cable
- 17" Wireless control cable (with proprietary connectors on each end)
- Two dual IR blasters (with attached 10" cable terminated by a male 3.5mm connector)
- Cable clamp
- Velcro pad
- Cleaning cloth
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty sheet
- Product Registration Card
- compatible with many 2010 LG HDTVs (LX9500, LE8500, LE5500, and LE5400 LED-LCD models, LD650 and LD550 LCD models, and PX950, PK950, and PK750 plasma models)
- kit includes wireless transmitter box and wireless receiver module
- sends wireless audio/video signals up to 49 feet away (1080p video, but doesn't support 3D)
- wireless receiver module attaches to TV with hook-and-loop fastener
- 6 A/V inputs, including:
- 2 component video
- 4 HDMI v1.3 accepts signals up to 1080p (60Hz, 24Hz)
- PC input
- optical digital audio output
- two IR blasters for controlling cable boxes and other components
- RS-232C port for communicating with compatible home theater control devices
- one HDMI cable is included
- transmitter box: 12-7/8"W x 1-3/4"H x 10-1/2"D
- receiver module: 5-7/8"W x 3-1/8"H x 1"D
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
LG AN-WL100W Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The LG AN-WL100W Wireless Media Box allows you to transmit both audio and video signals from your AV system's components to your compatible LG wireless-ready flat-panel TV over a 5 GHz frequency band. The LG AN-WL100W includes a wireless media box, a wireless dongle, HDMI cable, control cable, and two IR blasters. The LG Wireless Media Box is capable of transmitting up to a 1080p video signal and PCM audio signal, up to 49'.
Note: The wireless media box does not support 3D video transmission.
TV Compatibility: The LG AN-WL100W Wireless Media Box is compatible with the following 2010-2011 LG wireless-ready flat-panel televisions (as of December 2011):
- LED-LCD TVs: LX95600, LEX9, LE8500, LE7500, LX6500, LE5500, LE5400, LW5600, LW6500
- LCD TVs: LD650, LD550
- Plasma TVs: PK950, PK750, PZ750, PZ950
Wireless Compatibility: The LG AN-WL100W Wireless Media Box allows you to wirelessly transmit audio/video signals and control commands via a 5 GHz frequency band (5.15 GHz to 5.85 GHz). It supports wireless PCM audio and wireless video up to 1080p, up to 49-feet away.
Note: The wireless media box and included wireless dongle should be placed in the same room. Maintain a distance of at least 16-feet between the LG AN-WL100W and another device operating on a 5 GHz band.
Wireless Media Box: The LG wireless media box provides audio/video connections for your home's AV system and allows you to wirelessly transmit those signals to the included wireless dongle and your connected LG HDTV. The wireless media box consists of 6 high-definition video inputs (4 HDMI/2 Component), two analog stereo RCA inputs, a PC input, optical digital audio output, and two IR blaster jacks. The wireless media box features a component-like design, so it can be mounted with the rest of your AV gear.
Wireless Dongle: The included wireless dongle receives wireless audio/video information from this system's wireless media box (via 5 GHz band) and then sends those audio/video signals to your compatible LG flat-panel television (via HDMI). The wireless dongle features a single HDMI output to connect to your compatible LG flat-panel television for audio and video signal transfer. The wireless dongle also features a proprietary wireless control port which connects to your LG television's proprietary rear-panel wireless control port via the included wireless control cable. This port is used to send and receive commands between your compatible LG HDTV and this system's wireless media box. The wireless dongle mounts to the back of the television via the included Velcro pad.
Note: The wireless dongle should be installed with the LG TV turned off.
High-Definition Video Inputs: The wireless media box features 4 HDMI inputs (3 rear/1 side) and 2 rear-panel component video inputs.
- 4 HDMI (v1.3) Inputs: The four HDMI (v1.3) inputs (3 rear/1 side) can be used to connect a DVD player, Blu-ray player, HDTV or Satellite Set-top box with an HDMI output. The HDMI inputs support audio and video transfer. The HDMI jacks will accept 1080p (60/24Hz),1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals (the unit's HDMI inputs will not accept 480i or 576i). The rear-panel HDMI inputs can also be used to connect a device with a DVI output (a DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable is necessary). If a DVI-equipped device is used, a separate audio cable will also be needed from the device to the "RGB/DVI Audio In" 3.5mm stereo audio jack.
- Two Component Video Input: The two rear-panel Component Video inputs will accept 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. Each Component Video input has an adjacent stereo RCA audio input. Both Component Video inputs can also be used as standard Composite Video inputs (480i only).
Note: The LG AN-WL100W supports PCM (2-channel) audio only via its HDMI inputs. It does not support Dolby Digital or DTS.
HDMI Output: The included wireless dongle feature a single HDMI output to connect to your compatible LG flat-panel TV. The HDMI output supports 1080p (60/24Hz),1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals (the unit's HDMI output does not support 480i or 576i). The HDMI output will also transfer a PCM audio signal to your compatible LG television.
IR Blasters: The included two dual IR blasters allow your compatible LG HDTV to control external equipment connected to the wireless media box, such as your cable or satellite box. The two dual IR blasters plug into the back of the wireless media box. Each dual IR blaster includes an attached 10' cable.
Note: You will need to program the remote to operate other manufacture's AV equipment (DVD, Receiver, DVR/VCR, Cable/SAT) with specific codes from the manual's IR Code List.
Wireless Control: The included wireless dongle features a wireless control port and includes a wireless control cable which plugs into your LG TV's proprietary wireless control port. This connection allows you to switch inputs on the LG wireless media box via your compatible LG HDTV's remote control. The wireless media box's audio/video inputs will display on your compatible LG television's on-screen menu.
Note: You can also switch inputs by using the soft-touch input buttons on the front-panel of the wireless media box.
Optical Digital Audio Output: You can output the wireless media box's audio signal to external audio equipment via its optical digital output. It will only output a PCM signal.
PC-Compatible: The LG wireless media box has a rear-panel 15-pin D-Sub (RGB) input that allows you to use your compatible LG flat-panel TV as a high-resolution computer monitor. This input consists of a stereo mini-jack and an analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack. This jack allows you to connect a personal computer with a D-Sub 15-pin output. When using the RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack, you must use the PC Audio 3.5mm input for your audio connection. Any of the unit's HDMI inputs can also be used with a computer.This wireless media box supports plug-&-play capability, meaning that your PC adjusts automatically to the wireless media box's settings.
Note: The LG wireless media box supports a maximum PC resolution of 1920 x 1080 via HDMI or RGB.
Power Supply: The LG wireless media box operates off of standard AC household current using the supplied AC power adapter and cord. The included wireless dongle receives power by connecting it to your compatible LG flat-panel TV via the included proprietary wireless control cable.
Wireless Media Box:
- Width = 12.875"
- Height = 1.6875"
- Depth = 10.495"
- Width = 5.845"
- Height = 3.065" (4.435" w/ cables)
- Depth = 0.9375"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.