Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
52" 1080p LCD HDTV with integrated 16-speaker surround system
Item # 690LT52151 | MFR # LT-52151
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Mitsubishi LT-52151 by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
The Mitsubishi LT-52151 delivers a big, beautiful picture accompanied by remarkably robust and spacious sound. A slim panel beneath the screen conceals an ingenious 16-speaker system which produces surround sound effects for TV shows, movies and video games without the need for rear speakers. Dolby® Digital processing and amplification for the speakers are also built in. For true full-range sound, simply connect the TV's subwoofer output to a powered sub.
Mitsubishi's Unisen system works with your room to immerse you in sound
The LT-52151 packs a lot of advanced audio technology inside its svelte design. The multi-speaker array teams with digital signal processing to precisely beam sounds off your walls, placing rear-channel information behind and to the sides of viewers. Front-channel sounds are delayed slightly so that everything arrives at your ears at exactly the right time, producing a wraparound soundstage. This system won't match the performance of a component surround system, but it's a huge upgrade over typical flat-panel TV speakers.
A crystal-clear picture with smooth motion and vibrant colors
Sophisticated 120Hz anti-blur processing ensures video motion that remains rock-steady for sports, action movies and games. The LT-52151 also features a wide-range fluorescent backlight for a 25% gain in color range compared to standard LCDs. Color shading looks nuanced and natural thanks to a 10-bit LCD panel a high-tech feature that's becoming pretty rare, and one usually found only on very expensive TVs.
The TV's set of audio/video jacks includes four 1080p-compatible HDMI inputs for hooking up the latest Blu-ray players, HD DVRs, and video game consoles. Along with two component video inputs in back, there's also a side component input for easy hookup of an HD camcorder. And a USB port gives you a whole new way to enjoy your digital photos.
Tip: For a list of over-the-air digital TV stations you can receive, as well as antenna recommendations for your location, enter your zip code in AntennaWeb's mapping tool.
Scheduled delivery to your door: This item will be delivered to the door of your house or apartment. Available to physical addresses in 50 United States only. Limited delivery available to Alaska and Hawaii for an additional $99 per item call 1-888-955-6000 for more details. Sorry, we can't ship to P.O. Boxes or freight forwarders. Delivery takes 5-7 business days once your order has been processed. Extra charges may apply to items that must be carried up more than 5 flights of stairs. Allow extra time for delivery to remote addresses.
What's in the Box:
- 52" LCD TV
- Pedestal base
- Multibrand remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 6' AC power cord
- 2 Cable ties
- Four 5mm x 12mm machine screws (with lock-washer and flat-washer attached)
- Basic Owner's Guide
- HDTV Quick Setup Guide
- Stand Installation sheet
- Product Registration Card
- 52" screen (measured diagonally)
- widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio
- UltraThin Frame design with high-gloss platinum black finish
- built-in digital (ATSC) and analog (NTSC) tuners for over-the-air TV broadcasts (antenna required)
- built-in QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Smooth120Hz anti-blur technology for clearer motion
- Smooth120 Film Motion anti-judder processing
- 10-bit display panel for over a billion possible colors
- wide-range fluorescent backlight for extended color range
- Deep Color and x.v.Color support
- Plush1080p® 5G 12-bit digital video processing (upconverts all signals to 1080p)
- built-in 16-speaker Sound Projector system (2 watts x 16)
- Dolby® Digital and Dolby Pro Logic decoding
- multibrand remote control
- simplified control of compatible components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- Energy Star® 3.0 compliant see our article on TV power consumption for more info about this and other testing standards
- picture settings memory for each video input
Connections and Dimensions:
- 7 A/V inputs, including:
- 3 component video (2 rear, 1 side) inputs are selectable component/composite
- 4 HDMI v1.3a (accepts signals up to 1080p 60Hz, 24Hz)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- coaxial digital audio output for Dolby® Digital
- variable pre-out for connecting an optional powered subwoofer
- coaxial digital audio input
- side USB port for digital photo/MP3 playback
- detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 21-3/8"W x 12-3/4"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 47-3/4"W x 31-5/8"H x 3-1/2"D (32-1/2"H x 12-3/4"D on stand)
- weight: 80.9 lbs. with stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Features and Specs
Integrated HDTV Tuner: The widescreen Mitsubishi LCD TV has an internal HDTV tuner able to receive both over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (via an antenna) and non-encrypted digital cable broadcasts, including non-encrypted HDTV cable programming.
10-Bit, 1080p High-Definition LCD Display: The Mitsubishi 151 series LCD Flat Panel HDTV features a 10-bit, full 1920 x 1080 LCD panel so you get a true 1080p picture without any scaling from a 1080p source. All non-1080p images input into the television will be up-converted and also displayed at 1080p. The television's four HDMI inputs will accept video signals from 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p (24Hz, 30Hz, and 60Hz) sources; while its three HD component video inputs will accept video signals from 480i 480p, 720p, and 1080i sources.
Plush 1080p 5G: Mitsubishi developed the Plush 1080p technology so that everything you watch looks better on the 1080p HDTV. It uses 12-bit video processing to reformat 720p and 1080i HDTV signals in order to fill the TV's native resolution 1080p screen with a sharp, clear picture. Plush 1080p scales and converts the picture precisely with minimal side effects, achieving greater detail and clarity.
Smooth120Hz Film Motion: Smooth120Hz Film Motion makes fast-moving images appear smoother and more fluid, free from motion blur. It does this by doubling the traditional progressive scan frame rate and creates new frames of video between the tradition frames to create smoother moving images. Smooth120Hz Film Motion also smoothes film judder (image vibration) that may be present in film-based content such as movies.
Video Noise Reduction: Mitsubishi's exclusive Video Noise Reduction system uses advanced algorithms to better identify video noise from fine detail and correct the signal rather that distort it. The advanced Video Noise Reduction system corrects the image in four dimensions - horizontally, vertical, within each frame and across multiple frames to provide and image that is crystal clear and very detailed.
SharpEdge: The SharpEdge signal processing system enhances horizontal and vertical edges for stunning picture precision. SharpEdge senses the vertical boundary and amplifies it while minimizing distortion. The end result is crisp and sharp edges.
6-Color Processor: Mitsubishi's 6-Color Processor produces brighter colors, a wider range of colors and white whites.
PerfectColor: PerfectColor is another exclusive Mitsubishi feature that gives you the ability to adjust the intensity of six separate colors (Magenta, Red, Yellow, Green, Cyan, Blue) independently of each other and separately for every input. PerfectColor is a full color matrix, much more powerful than a conventional color intensity control with only red versus green color balance.
xvColor System: x.v.Color is the new standard in high definition color. The television's x.v.Color Wide Color Palette enables up to 80% more color than standard HDTV for increased realism and vivid, natural colors when connected to an x.v.Color enabled video source.
Deep Color Technology: Deep Color creates smooth transitions between different shades and eliminates color bands and complements the x.v.Color system's wide color pallet. Enabled by HDMI 1.3, Deep Color goes beyond previous 8-bit HDTV.
High Definition Video Inputs: The TV features the following HD video inputs.
- Component Video: The television features three component video inputs (2 rear/1 side) that support analog transfer of 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i video signals. This provides a high level of flexibility when connecting DVD player/recorder, cable boxes and satellite receivers to the television. One of the rear component video inputs can also be used as a composite video input.
- HDMI: The TV is equipped with four rear-panel HDMI version 1.3 inputs that accept digital 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p (24Hz, 30Hz, or 60Hz) video signals plus PCM digital stereo signals. HDMI inputs provide additional high-performance, high-definition connections for maximum flexibility your choice of home theater components. The HDMI inputs are HDCP copy-protection compatible. Used with an adapter, these inputs also accept compatible DVI video signals (any of the HDMI inputs can be used with the PC/DVI RCA audio input). The HDMI inputs can also accept a variety of PC signals and resolutions.
Side Panel A/V Inputs: The TV is equipped with a side panel component video input, along with analog L/R audio. Composite video can also be connected to the Video/Y jack of the component input.
TV Display Formats: The TV offers the following TV display formats to choose from:
- Standard: This is the TV's full-screen format. HDTV signals will use this format. 4:3 images are stretched evenly from side to side. This mode is available for all signals.
- Wide Expand: This mode enlarges the picture, cropping some of the image on both sides. This expanded format is useful to remove or reduce black side bars added to narrow images that are converted to 16:9 signals for digital broadcast. This mode is available for 1080i, 720p, digital SD 16:9 and digital HD signals.
- Expand: This setting enlarges the picture to fill the screen, cropping off some of the image at the tope and bottom. This is useful for reducing letter box top and bottom bars. This mode is available for 480i, 480p, and digital SD 4:3 signals only.
- Zoom: This mode enlarges the picture, cropping off some of the image at each side and top and bottom. This is useful for removing or reducing black top and bottom bars. This mode is available for 480i, 480p and SD 4:3 signals only.
- Stretch: This format stretches a narrow 4:3 image across the screen; there is less stretch in the center than at the sides. This allows the entire narrow image to be displayed across the screen with less distortion than is seen in the Standard format. This format is available for 480i, 480p, and SD 4:3 signals only.
Stretch Plus: Similar to the Stretch format, but to minimize distortions on the side, the picture is expanded to crop off portion of the top and bottom. This mode is available for 480i, 480p and SD 4:3 signals only.
- Narrow: This format displays narrow 4:3 images in their original shape and adds stationary black side bars to fill the screen. This format is available for 480i, 480p and SD 4:3 signals only
- Full Native: Display all pixels in the original images; best for a computer or game image (component and HDMI inputs only).
Picture Mode: Picture Mode allows you to optimize the image for different lighting conditions. You can choose from the following Picture Modes:
- Bright: Suited for most daytime viewing.
- Natural: Suited for most nighttime viewing.
- Brilliant: For use under strong light
- Game: Optimizes picture and video processing for gaming consoles.
Picture Settings: In additions to the four Picture Modes, the TV offers the following custom picture settings:
- Contrast: The contrast setting adjusts the white-to-black-level of the picture.
- Brightness: The brightness setting adjusts the overall brightness of the picture.
- Color: The color setting adjusts the color intensity.
- Tint: The tint setting adjusts the red-to-green ratio.
- Sharpness: The sharpness setting adjusts the detail and clarity of the picture.
- Color Temperature: Adjusts how white is displayed on
- Low: white images will have a warm cast, closest to 6500K
- High: white images have a cool cast, may provide the most realistic picture under bright lighting
Backlight: This feature adjusts the brightness of the television's backlight to better suit your room's lighting.
Film Mode: Using this feature, the television automatically detects and applies film-decoding correction to movies filmed at 24 frames per seconds.
Special Advance Modes: The Mitsubishi LCD HDTV offers an advance picture mode. This mode allows you to save highly customized picture adjustments for each input.
Note: Mitsubishi recommends a professional installer make these adjustments.
Sound Projector: Sound Projector technology uses the TV's bank of 16 speakers to create a simulated surround sound effect be reflecting sound off walls. Sound Projector lets you customize the effect to match your room dimensions and layout. You can customize the following parameters.
- TV Location: Selects your TV's location relative to the wall (Center, Left, Left Corner, Right, Right Corner)
- TV Wall Length: Select the length of your TV wall in feet.
- Other Wall Length: Select the length of your side walls in feet.
- TV To Sofa: Select the distance from the TV to your primary seating area in feet.
- Custom: Allows you to fine-tune the television's Sound Projector.
You can select the following.
- Center Angle: adjust the center angle until sound is about equal in both ears
- Left/Right Angle: adjust left and right angle to maximize sound heard from the front left and right side
- Left/Right Surround Angle: adjust the left and right surround angle to where the sound seems to come from the left and rear side
- Sound Projector Level: adjust the center, left, right, left surround and right surround levels so that each one sounds about the same
- Subwoofer Level: independently adjust the subwoofer level if using an external subwoofer connected directly to the subwoofer output of the television
Note: To get the full benefit of the TV's Sound Projector, the television must be connected to a source input providing digital surround sound. The TV can receive digital surround sound from its HDMI inputs or digital coaxial inputs.
Surround Settings: The television features the following surround speaker settings.
- Stereo: No special audio effects from the TV speakers. Surround sound is played as stereo.
- Surround: Programs with surround sound are played with Sound Projector surround sound. The surround mode supports Pro Logic and Dolby Digital. Other audio is modified: stereo is heard as simulated surround from the TV speakers; monaural programs are heard as simulated stereo.
- Music: Optimizes the Sound Projector speakers for music listening.
- Night: Turns off surround sound effects and allows you to direct sound to a single area to avoid disturbing other outside the room.
Audio Settings: The television features independent Bass, Treble, and Balance settings.
Level Sound: Level Sound automatically equalizes the volume level when there are significant sound-level differences between program segments, such as between regular programming and commercials.
Audio Connections: The LCD TV is equipped with the following rear-panel analog and digital audio connections.
- Digital Audio Input: This coaxial digital input sends digital surround sound to the television's Sound Projector speakers from a an A/V component, such as a DVD player. The TV's coaxial digital input supports Dolby Digital surround.
- Subwoofer Output: This variable mono-RCA subwoofer output allows you to connect a powered subwoofer to the television to complement its Sound Projector speaker effects. You can adjust the output level of the TV's subwoofer output.
- Analog Audio Output: The television features a stereo RCA output for sending an analog audio signal to an analog A/V surround sound receiver or stereo system.
- Digital Audio Output: The TV features a coaxial digital output for transfer of a Dolby Digital 5.1 signal to your home theater receiver.
Note: Analog audio from analog channels and devices is converted by the TV to PCM digital audio.
Audio Only Screensaver: This feature displays a random screensaver pattern while playing an audio-only device.
PC Compatible: The television can be used as a computer monitor and connected to your PC via one of the TV's four HDMI inputs using an HDMI cable, DVI-to-HDMI cable, or an HDMI cable with an HDMI-to-DVI adapter. You will also need to connect the DVI/PC Stereo RCA Audio input of the TV to your computer for sound. You can adjust the horizontal and vertical position of the computer image. The television supports the following PC video formats from 640 x 480 to 1920 x 1080 - VGA, W-VGA, SVGA, W-SVGA, XGA, SXGA, WXGA, PC 720p and PC 1080p.
USB Port: The television features a side-panel USB type-A port for reading JPEG photo files and MP3/WMA music files from a connected USB device formatted in FAT16 or FAT32. The TV can read files up to 10MB in size with a maximum of 2,500 files stored per device. JPEG still images can be displayed as a Single picture, up to 10 thumbnails or in a Slideshow (w/ or w/o music). Still images can also be rotated clockwise in 90-degree increments.
Note: The TV can read JPEG files as created by your digital camera. If you edit a picture file on a computer and resave the image, the television may be unable to read the resaved file.
Thin Frame Design: The Mitsubishi 151 series LCD TVs incorporate a super thin frame that delivers more picture in a smaller space than ever before. The thin high-gloss black frame accents the television's sleek, low profile, modern design.
Easy Connect: The TV's Easy Connect feature automatically recognizes when you plug in an input. The TV ignores any unused inputs, so the result is an uncluttered Input Selection menu where you can easily find and select connected devices by name.
ChannelView: ChannelView shows memorized channels on the antenna input. It displays digital channel names and program information as sent by broadcasters or your local cable service providers (may be incomplete). No program information is displayed for analog channels.
Closed Captioning: The television features both analog and digital closed captioning:
- Analog Captions: For analog channels, broadcasters can send either standard closed captions or text service. Standard closed captions follow the dialogue of the characters on screen and display in a small section of the screen. Text-service closed captions often contain information such as weather or news not related to the current programs and cover a large portion of the screen.
- Digital Captions: For digital channels, broadcasters can send up to six different caption selections or can send analog captions that are the same as those sent by the analog station. Each TV station may broadcast only on or two types of captions or none at all. The TV cannot decode closed captions received on component or HDMI inputs. Digital channels allow you to select front type, size, color, background and opacity of the closed caption characters.
TV Lock: The TV Lock menu give you control over different types of parental controls. You must create and use a custom pass code to open this menu to enable or disable the lock options. The parental controls available are as follows:
- Ratings: V-Chip technology lets you restrict access to programming based on program-rating signals sent by the broadcaster or by movie ratings.
- Lock By Time: Lock By Time allows you to block all use of the TV during specified hours of the day or night.
- Control Panel: Disable the button s on the TV's control panel. Use this option if small children in the home try to press control-panel buttons
- Other: Restricts access using non-U.S. based ratings sent by broadcasters.
TV Timer: The TV Timer feature allows you to set a day and time for the TV to turn on automatically and the device and channel to display when it switches on. If the TV is already on at the requested time, the TV still automatically tunes to the channel you designated in the Timer menu. You can select a Daily timer, Mon-Friday timer or individual days of the week.
Sleep Timer: The TV's Sleep Timer can be set to 30, 60, 90 or 120 minutes.
Energy Mode: The Energy Mode option lets you select the TV's level of power consumption while the TV is turned off. You can choose between either Standard or Fast Power On. The Standard setting uses less energy, but the TV takes longer to power up.
Multi-Brand Remote: The television comes supplied with a multi-brand IR remote control. The remote is pre-coded to operate Mitsubishi and other manufacture's components such as Cable Boxes, DTV Receivers, Satellite Receivers, VCRs, DVR, Laser Disc Players, DVD Players/Recorders, DVRs, A/V Receivers, Audio Amplifiers, and CD players.
HDMI Control: Many new HDMI devices have a feature called Consumer Electronic Control (CEC) or HDMI Control. HDMI Control allows one device, such as this TV, to control other devices, such as an AV/ receiver or DVD player.
Note: Each manufacturer chooses which CEC functions to support so it is difficult to predict which devices and features are compatible with Mitsubishi's HDMI Control. You may find that CEC functions for a specific device are limited.
Removable Stand: The Mitsubishi LCD HDTV comes with an unattached pedestal base. The stand can be attached using the supplied hardware.
Optional Wall Mount Brackets: The stand can be removed, allowing you to wall-mount the TV using an optional wall-mount bracket. The TV has 4 threaded screw holes with a horizontal spacing of 200mm and a vertical spacing of 200mm. The screw holes all accept M6 (6mm) screws.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.