Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
JL Audio Stealthbox®
Custom-fit fiberglass enclosure with 10" W3v3-2 subwoofer fits 2004-09 Mazda 3 hatchback
Our take on the JL Audio Stealthbox®
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits under the spare tire in the tire well of your 2004-09 Mazda 3 hatchback. This Stealthbox® includes one 10" 2-ohm W3v3 subwoofer from JL Audio. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as moderate. You should be able to install this enclosure if you have experience with car audio, but some vehicles may require modifications.
Important Installation Note: This package includes a replacement floor that raises the entire hatch floor between 2 to 5 inches (depending on model), so the Stealthbox® will fit along with the spare tire.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- 10" 2-ohm W3v3 subwoofer
- installs in spare tire well under the spare tire
- package includes floor that raises hatch floor between 2 to 5 inches
- power handling: 100-500 watts RMS (1,000 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Custom subwoofer box loaded with one 10" woofer
- Replacement trunk floor panel
- Two 3/8-16mm x 2-1/4" set-screw studs
- Two 3/8" x 1-1/4" fender washers
- Two 3/8" x 2" fender washers
- Two 3/8-16mm Hex-nuts
- 3/8" x 1" bolt
- Four #8-32mm x 1" button-head phillips screws
- Four #8-32mm nuts
- Four #8 washers
- Two 3/8" Split-lock washers
- 3/8" flat-washer
- Self-adhesive sealant sheet
- 3 Foam spacer blocks
- 10" Length of velcro
- 2 Wax squares
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are custom designed to hide away in specific vehicles. This system is designed for select 2004-2009 Mazda 3 Hatchbacks (please confirm fit with the Crutchfield vehicle selector). The subwoofer enclosure installs in the spare tire well, then the spare tire is installed onto the Stealthbox. A replacement panel is included to replace the entire trunk floor, raising it 2-5 inches from stock height (depending on the model), but keeping the floor flat and allowing you to flush mount amplifiers if desired.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass. This delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass is very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes, giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into the vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: One 10" JL Audio W3v3-2 subwoofer is loaded in this sealed enclosure and presents a 2Ω load at the enclosure's speaker terminal.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method of improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W3v3 motors retain a linear motor force over a long excursion range, and maintain a stable, fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is reduced distortion, accurate transient response, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses. It does this by increasing the adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. The VRC also features slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings to reduce the effects of thermal compression and enhance reliability.
- Spider/Lead Wire Assembly: The W3v3 features a unique spider, coil, and terminal subassembly, assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced reliability and optimal alignment of parts. The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain is relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radiused feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.